DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Official So-Cal Meetup This Thursday 3/30!!

anewsome 11:09 PM - 29 March, 2006
Ok everyone, here is the first meetup. Sorry for the short notice. I just talked to the promoter for tomorrow and the RSVP is kinda light so why don't we make it a meetup for tomorrow. If there is a good dancefloor, just remember why we are there. If you are on this forum and you come down tomorrow YOU WILL GET ON. I'll try to get everyone on for 15 minutes at least. If you're wack,.. I'll ask you to get the hell out of the way so someone who knows how to DJ can get on.

All you need to bring is your laptop & headphones. Slipmats are optional (I use standard slipmats with a thin piece of slippery plastic between the platter). No need to bring SL1. No carts please, I use Ortofon Q-Bert model (very good & they stick). Control vinyl is optional, I have 2 plus two backups. Just don't ruin my shit.

The venue is "Nationals Sports Bar" in Buena Park, Ca.:

5970 Orangethorpe Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620

I guess the promoter from last week got fired. He actually didn't do that bad, but I have no idea who the promoter is this week. It might be kinda dead. If I get 5 of you on this forum to commit to doing this tomorrow, that would make it kinda fun. 1 or 2,.. and I'd probably just rather spin the whole night myself. So who's not booked tomorrow and wants to come down and get on.
DJBlisk 11:27 PM - 29 March, 2006
Damnit! I can't make it.
djtonypsalms 12:08 AM - 30 March, 2006
DANG!

Can't make this one, I gotta promote locally for my gig April 6th.

Will most definitely make the next one!

Bless Up to anewsome for putting this together on very short notice!

Peace
sixxx 12:35 AM - 30 March, 2006
Mmh.. Short notice indeed.
punosion 12:41 AM - 30 March, 2006
anewsome, if I were about 50 miles away, I'd be there just to meet your ass...alas, Google Maps says I'm about 2000 miles. :/

Have fun, guys!
Dj Ace 2:00 AM - 30 March, 2006
Im in LA and I'm interested...what do I just show up!!!
DJVigor 2:07 AM - 30 March, 2006
hey can me and a friend come?
Sim 2:09 AM - 30 March, 2006
Thats 2 minutes from my house, I dont know if Ill wanna spin, but Ill come by just to intro myself at a minimum, wat time r u gonna get it crackin? Let me kno if u need any setup help to, Im off early tomorrow from work, so I can help if need be Anewsome
anewsome 2:49 AM - 30 March, 2006
Ace, come on down. Sim, ride thru and say what's up. Vigor, I'm not sure if you can come down or not. I think it's 21 and over. I'll get it crackin after 9. No setup help needed.

Damn, I thought more people would be down. Oh well.
youngego 3:56 AM - 30 March, 2006
Is this 10-2?
Sim 4:09 AM - 30 March, 2006
its just late notice, thurs nites also, ruff for some ppl with friday work, if it wwasnt so close I wudnt be able to roll
hausdigler 5:03 AM - 30 March, 2006
can i spin?
germanbaboon 5:09 AM - 30 March, 2006
shit. i'm in la habra heights. but no time. =/
mexicannnnnn 6:03 AM - 30 March, 2006
I would love to.... if it was in Toronto ;-)
Sim 6:07 AM - 30 March, 2006
btw Anewsome wat kinda music are u spinnin there
OG Supernatural 6:17 AM - 30 March, 2006
I was gonna catch a flight but need some time to plan around a busy schedule. What about planning a big one several months in advance???

I was lookin forward to meeting you guys and killin the dance floor with some stunts. LOL! BLESS UP!!!
DJLorrence 6:34 AM - 30 March, 2006
shit....i gotta go to a spiritual retreat this weekend at Santa Ynez in SB. fuk.
OG Supernatural 6:40 AM - 30 March, 2006
^^^You kill me... "spiritual retreat...fuk" lol!!!!
DJLorrence 7:02 AM - 30 March, 2006
hehe. my higher power lets me use fuck bitch and cunt in the same sentence. good stuff.
OG Supernatural 7:16 AM - 30 March, 2006
lol! in the way that I understand... I understand.
anewsome 7:20 AM - 30 March, 2006
Sim - spinning R&B and Hip-Hop. Maybe a little top 40 and rock but mostly just hot garbage. 50 cent. Grillz, In luv with a stripper, shit like that. I get a lot of requests there. Supernatural,.. I'd be pissed if you caught a flight for this shit. Let's get some shit organized first, worthy of catching a flight to. This was really just for some local homies who wanted to meet up and throw some cuts in the mix.

Lorrence,. you're close. You'll catch it when we get everyone on the same page for a few hours.

German, check on it. We're all gonna throw down soon. La Habra? You got no excuse not to come out. You're 5 minutes away!

Youngego,.. I spin til well after last call. If it's crackin, last call is about 1.30am. If it's weak, I've seen last call fly at midnight.

hausdigler,.. i said EVERYONE can get on. If you're wack, I'll ask you to step the fuck aside. That judgement is mine,.. and whomever happens to be on the dancefloor at the time. I've DJ'd with 3-4 DJs a LOT. I've never said someone was so wack that they had to get off the decks. Everyone has their own style and even it's not *my* style, I can appreciate that shit. Then I'm like,.. do your thing boy. Let me get down to it.

I just checked with the promoter again and it looks like it's gonna be a dead night. I'm still spinning though. I don't give a damn if it's an empty dance floor. I'm killing it anyway.

Post up tomorrow,. who will be coming. Mind the stunts and as long as you're trying to drop bangers at 9.30,.. you're good to get on.

Post up.
Sim 4:32 PM - 30 March, 2006
I got plenty of garbage to spin, thats all I do spin, I can definately do 15mins of garbage lol

Ill be there
anewsome 5:37 PM - 30 March, 2006
Quote:
Post up tomorrow,. who will be coming. Mind the stunts and as long as you're trying to drop bangers at 9.30,.. you're good to get on.

I meant, as long as you're NOT trying to drop bangers at 9.30. But we already knew the rules of being the early DJ from that other thread.
DJVigor 5:41 PM - 30 March, 2006
so i cant come
what a bummer
hologram 6:26 PM - 30 March, 2006
Hey I think we need to do some more localized ones.
I'm up for putting together a vegas one if I get enough interest.
Oh wait I think most of us meet up on wednesday anyways hehe.
No seriously any Vegas locals (or nto local) interested in doing one here too.
I wish I could go to the Cali one.
Sim 6:42 PM - 30 March, 2006
Id do a vegas trip, Imma be in vegas in May, havnt narrowed down the weekend, but if u can do it in may, im there
anewsome 6:43 PM - 30 March, 2006
I'd make a vegas run too.
DJBlisk 8:48 PM - 30 March, 2006
i'm in on a vegas run!
dj-xlr8 9:59 PM - 30 March, 2006
look im only one hour away ...but my ass has to work till 11:00pm ...lets mos def do this again but in advance the turn out would be sick... if i ever get a chance to im gona throw one of these ... great idea..anewsome!!!

next time

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 59.62 miles
anewsome 10:15 PM - 30 March, 2006
Alright, looks like tonight will be a poor turnout but at least a couple of you have committed. It'll be cool to meetup with a couple of you cats at least. Next time we'll do it with at least a one week notice. Although,.. I'm not sure if I'll be DJing any dead spots any time soon where we can do this :-)
IanJ 10:51 PM - 30 March, 2006
I'd be down but I'm heading up to Sac today. So it's a no go for me:(
djzoo 11:30 PM - 30 March, 2006
Damn, too bad I'm in the Bay, I would be there in a second. Maybe the next one.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:27 AM - 31 March, 2006
can someone give me a ride?

big ups to ANEWSOME...u da man!
anewsome 2:12 AM - 31 March, 2006
Mike, there is a metro rail station like a block away :-)
Duran7609 2:34 AM - 31 March, 2006
ok, i'm a bit behind on this thread....just saw it! what time are folks rollin up??? it'll be cool to see some of you guys use serato...i might learn some things from you guys! hey anewsome, what time are you going up, and what time are you gonna be there til?? i have to spin tonight in OC, but i'm playing an early set, so i might be able to roll by afterwards. if you get this, let me know what's up!! thanks!
anewsome 3:02 AM - 31 March, 2006
I'll set up about 9.30 and roll sound at 10. I'll run till last call,.. at least 1 or 1.30am. Swing thru.
Duran7609 3:05 AM - 31 March, 2006
if the club doesn't have me play a second set tonight, i'll definately roll by!
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 3:37 AM - 31 March, 2006
i got a car.... but i dont have my permit yet :[ ... 3 months
DJVigor 4:19 AM - 31 March, 2006
hey Anewsome i have a ride should i come?
OG Supernatural 5:24 AM - 31 March, 2006
OK Let's get the low down:

Who got lumps for stunts?

Who dropped all the heaters before prime time?

Who had too much to drink?

Who has tight mix skills?

Who had the most unique style?

Who totally rocked it?
DjThis 5:31 AM - 31 March, 2006
Damn... That's cool idea . Anesome..... I 've been to that sport bar before... It's small but sound system isn't bad at all...

I just got off work tonight at 8:00. Tired as hell... otherwise. i'll come by to spin some with you .. brother... I spun Tribal House last week with my buddy at club Bleu on Beach and Westminster....... Lots of stacked vietnamese chicks.. Great time.....
Sim 6:38 AM - 31 March, 2006
Ive spun at Bleu before, but back when it was called MVPs, and I can definately attest to ur female comment lol

Anyways, I met up with Anewsome for an hour, we talked it up, but I had to leave a lil while ago to handle female issues (lol dont ask)

Didnt look like it was gonna be a packed nite, there's no promoter tonite like Anewsome mentioned earlier, but in any case, we set up, were waitin for the laker game to end to start up the music, but I had to bounce out.

Nice meetin ya Anewsome, cool as Kat'araga
Sim 6:39 AM - 31 March, 2006
btw this brotha sets up sound by himself, aint no house system, I refuse to do gigs when I gotta bring speakers/lightin/etc now lol, man brought back memories helpin him lug speakers (and I dont miss it! lol but was my pleasure to help his back havin to do it by himself on other nites)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:44 AM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
Supernatural,.. I'd be pissed if you caught a flight for this shit. Let's get some shit organized first, worthy of catching a flight to.

yo Super, let's fly down with this air line --> www.metacafe.com
anewsome 6:47 AM - 31 March, 2006
sim just stopped down. now i'm just starting to spin. vigor if u wanna roll thru cmon down. there r a few people here, all playin pool right now. nobody dancin. looks like another one of those nights. would have been a perfect meet up nite.
OG Supernatural 6:59 AM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Supernatural,.. I'd be pissed if you caught a flight for this shit. Let's get some shit organized first, worthy of catching a flight to.

yo Super, let's fly down with this air line --> www.metacafe.com

Danger... Danger... Danger Will Robinson!
anewsome 7:05 AM - 31 March, 2006
big up to sim for rollin thru but this definitely aint some shit to catch a flight to. not on 1 day notice. we need to organize some shit and make it proper.
OG Supernatural 7:27 AM - 31 March, 2006
Hey... someone take a flick of everyone together and post it!
Duran7609 10:00 PM - 31 March, 2006
hey anewsome, sorry i couldn't roll by last night, the club had me play another late night set, so i was stuck there. how often are you playing there? let me know if there's another round up, i'll definately be there!
djzoo 10:18 PM - 31 March, 2006
Anybody setting a meet for nor cal?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:45 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
Anybody setting a meet for nor cal?
i'm down
anewsome 6:47 PM - 4 April, 2006
Ok, let's try this again. If I put it on again this Thursday, how many of you will come? Big up to Sim for coming out last time but he was the one from the forum who did,.. and he had lady problems and had to bounce. So question is, how many of you want to try it again this Thursday?

The promoter has been fired, but I still have the venue to spin. There won't be any crowd, other than the one we bring with us so I have the freedom to make a meetup how I want to. If we get a good response, then let's do it.
sG 7:04 PM - 4 April, 2006
ah... I got a gig this Thursday.
OG Supernatural 7:59 PM - 4 April, 2006
Quote:
Hey... someone take a flick of everyone together and post it!
Did you get any pic's from the last one?
anewsome 8:03 PM - 4 April, 2006
The last one was me and Sim having some chicken fettucine,.. or at least I was. That was it,.. just us two.
DJVigor 8:16 PM - 4 April, 2006
can i come with my friend

more info please
Duran7609 8:39 PM - 4 April, 2006
anewsome, that's awesome you're doing this! it's always cool to meet fellow ssl'ers! i spin on thursday nights, so it's hard for me to get out there, but if i ever get a break in my set, i'll for sure roll up there and say hi.
anewsome 8:48 PM - 4 April, 2006
Vigor,.. you are welcome to come down. I'm not gonna make a big deal about having people spin if only 1 or 2 people come down though. I'm trying to get a bunch of forum cats to roll through and we'll make it really cool.
Sim 9:03 PM - 4 April, 2006
Ill come by again and say watsup and help u lug ur shit around lol =)
anewsome 10:07 PM - 4 April, 2006
Cool. Well that's ONE. Anyone else?
DJVigor 12:29 AM - 5 April, 2006
can i have some more details
when
where
DJLorrence 4:31 AM - 5 April, 2006
ill go. what city?
DJLorrence 4:32 AM - 5 April, 2006
but i suck, so i dont want to spin. i just want to listen.
anewsome 5:20 AM - 5 April, 2006
Quote:
The venue is "Nationals Sports Bar" in Buena Park, Ca.:

5970 Orangethorpe Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620

Might be a little far for you Lorrence. And bring your laptop man, if you come, you're gonna rock a few tracks. I don't care if you're Q-Bert or not. We all rock a few tracks. Besides, I heard you DJ'd that big party with Mike and that other cat a few weeks back so you can't suck that bad. That party was ROCKIN!
DJLorrence 5:27 AM - 5 April, 2006
cool. nice sound system? hehe.
OG Supernatural 5:29 AM - 5 April, 2006
Quote:

Haha... Don't let this cat fool you. I've heard him get down...mad scratch skillz!
DJLorrence 5:30 AM - 5 April, 2006
its only 50 miles. ill go. this will be cool.
DJLorrence 5:30 AM - 5 April, 2006
ah, too generous randy.
anewsome 5:44 AM - 5 April, 2006
Cool. So that's Lorrence, Sim and Vigor on board. Any other takers? And yes, I have a nice sound system. Too bad I have to bring it there.
sixxx 1:56 PM - 5 April, 2006
I got too much shit going on this month, but possibly the next...
Dj Ryme 2:36 PM - 5 April, 2006
Lorrence got on at the KRS show.... he has some cuts, dont let him fool you.

I wish I could go but like sixx said I have too much going on this month, I have to go to court for that bullshit that happened this weekend, were still gonna get down anewsome!
sG 3:03 PM - 5 April, 2006
yea i'd be down to stop by.. but i'm busy this week and possibly next week thurs... after that we'll see.
DJBlisk 4:56 PM - 5 April, 2006
missing it again. damn you guys.
DJVigor 5:05 PM - 5 April, 2006
What time
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:28 PM - 5 April, 2006
if i still had my FS2, we coulda tied a rope around it (lit it on fire) and used it as a pinyata ;)
DJVigor 5:32 PM - 5 April, 2006
^^^^ hahaha

what time is everyone gonna get there on thursday
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:33 PM - 5 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Haha... Don't let this cat fool you. I've heard him get down...mad scratch skillz!
i got him on vid tape too :)
djzoo 7:11 PM - 5 April, 2006
can you post it?
anewsome 7:40 PM - 5 April, 2006
Quote:
What time

9PM,.. but I won't start playing until the Laker game is done.
DJVigor 9:07 PM - 5 April, 2006
ok kool
what time is the Laker game Over
anewsome 9:37 PM - 5 April, 2006
Usually about 9.30 - 10pm.
DJVigor 9:38 PM - 5 April, 2006
OK i am gonna try my best to be there

might have to leave early cause its a school night:(
DJLorrence 10:39 PM - 5 April, 2006
Quote:
if i still had my FS2, we coulda tied a rope around it (lit it on fire) and used it as a pinyata ;)

hahahahahhaha i couldn't stop laughing when i read this.
DJLorrence 10:42 PM - 5 April, 2006
lol...okay i gotta work on this disney show Hanna Montana tomorrow. ill be there pronto after they call it a wrap.

what kind of mixer is it?!
anewsome 11:58 PM - 5 April, 2006
Denon DNX-100, 2x1200 M3D, JBL EON 15 monitor and 2 mains, 2 18 inch subs.
nickel 7:40 AM - 6 April, 2006
anewsome wut up...
I talked to swivell a little about this...
Is it happening this weekend??
nickel 7:41 AM - 6 April, 2006
nm
DJLorrence 7:20 PM - 6 April, 2006
fuck, they changed my call time to three PM. i can't make it. fucking call time change boxes. shiet.
anewsome 8:30 PM - 6 April, 2006
Alright. Lorrence is out. So we're back down to Sim and Vigor. I think this is the last time I'll do this.
DJVigor 8:54 PM - 6 April, 2006
im there
djzoo 9:40 PM - 6 April, 2006
Quote:
Alright. Lorrence is out. So we're back down to Sim and Vigor. I think this is the last time I'll do this.

well, that sucks. Wish you lived up in norcal. I think a lot of heads would go.
Sim 10:20 PM - 6 April, 2006
wat sux is that its a central location for so cali to, right in between the OC and LA, and to make news worse, I dont kno if I can drop by tonite
anewsome 11:37 PM - 6 April, 2006
No sweat Sim. We'll all hookup on another night. Not at this place though. I think this is the last time I will do this joint.
DJLorrence 11:57 PM - 6 April, 2006
yeah right now im in the sherman oaks fasion center....its a mall scene for a new pilot....i hella want to go. but im just a extra grunt that does what i'm told to do. so...yeah. fuk.
DJLorrence 11:58 PM - 6 April, 2006
hey. anewsome. dont give up. i really want to go. plus i want to sport the new SSL banner i made for my pad. its a 2X6 that looks really dope. we could get a sick picture out of it.
anewsome 2:15 AM - 7 April, 2006
alright fellas, i'm on my way down there now. gonna go have some dinner and watch the lakers play. i'll post tomorrow if anyone showed.
anewsome 9:03 AM - 7 April, 2006
So on my way over, I call Egyptian Lover and tell him I have a CD for him. He meets me down there and we watch the Laker game, a heartbreak Laker loss in overtime. I drag my shit in and setup during half time, 3rd quarter.

DJ Vigor and his homie show up and watch the rest of the game with us. I started spinning when overtime started, just messin around. The jukebox had a steady stream of heavy metal before I started, so I had to ease into it with some Sublime, Led Zep, Gorillaz and Walk This Way.

Egypt goes to his car and gets his record bag. Then, I shit you not, Vigor and his homie leave cuz it's gettin late. West Coast LEGEND Egyptian Lover is about to do a set in front of 20 people at a sports bar and Vigor rolls!

Anyway, that was about the most ridiculous old school set I've ever heard. 5 feet in front of me,.. on MY turntables, Egyptian Lover did like a 40 minute set of old school jams.

I know that pretty much all of you don't know who Egyptian Lover is,.. but I grew up listening to this cat. He's a friend of mine these days but we just never DJ together so that was pretty damn cool.
Dj Ryme 2:06 PM - 7 April, 2006
Doooooope story!! Thats like the time Dr Dre came over to my house and started messing with my mpc. J/K!!! lol, that would be dope though.
anewsome 3:30 PM - 7 April, 2006
Oh yeah, and Vigor broke the first rule of the meetup. He didn't bring his laptop, and he didn't get on at all. I'm gonna post a pic of EL gettin off.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:54 PM - 7 April, 2006
EL is that man! anewsome, can u ask him when u see him next, what gear he used (sampler/sequencer) on his ol school stuff, like Egypt Egypt. who exactly is Jamie Jupiter (that kut "computer power" was the jam)
DJVigor 4:40 PM - 7 April, 2006
wow
ok my bad i Had Nooooo idea who he was if u would of said somthing i would have stayed
i wasnt gonna bring my lappy cause i didnt know what exactly the crowd was like
but i should have brought my Shit o well
next meet for sure i be there and rocking
and what i heard from Egypt was dope as hell
and Anewsome your blend last night was dope
DJVigor 5:16 PM - 7 April, 2006
Egyptian_Lover

en.wikipedia.org
anewsome 5:34 PM - 7 April, 2006
Egypt, rockin doubles of some old school shit last night:

www.anewsome.com

Mike, I'll probably see him again tonight. I don't know what he used for sampler/sequencer back in the day. I just know the 808 got a freaking workout. He dragged one of his SIX 808's out to the video shoot last weekend. That shit was nostalgic.

Arabian Prince was supposed to roll through last night too but he dropped off. I'm gonna have to call him and tell them that Egypt won the battle on the turntables last night,.. a battle that Arabian never showed up to!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:40 PM - 7 April, 2006
hey anewsome, we gots da same lappy :)
anewsome 6:10 PM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
hey anewsome, we gots da same lappy :)

Word. works for me. Egypt wasn't using any SSL though. He still looks on in amazement everytime he sees me using it.
djzoo 7:12 PM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
West Coast LEGEND Egyptian Lover is about to do a set in front of 20 people at a sports bar and Vigor rolls!

...that was pretty damn cool.

"what is a dj if he cant scratch...what is a dj if he cant...stay up and watch a legend!

WOW. If i would of know that EL would be there i would of flown from San Jose just for that.

@Vigor: What!!!!
anewsome 7:20 PM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
Doooooope story!! Thats like the time Dr Dre came over to my house and started messing with my mpc. J/K!!! lol, that would be dope though.

Yeah, this story reminds me of the time I was hanging out at a house party and DJ Babu was about to spin but I broke out cuz I had to go get my dry cleaning.
djzoo 7:26 PM - 7 April, 2006
hahahaha
djzoo 7:26 PM - 7 April, 2006
i hope you're joking
anewsome 8:17 PM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
i hope you're joking

just illustrating a point, that shit is about as ridiculous as Vigor breaking out so he could go home to sleep, when EL was about to get on.

I'm just clowin with you Vigor. Big ups for coming out last night man. You're the ONLY person from the forum who came out. As far as your boy,.. tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about. I was a sound engineer for *some important shit* before he was even born. I know when my gain in SSL is set to high, and I know what distortion sounds like.
DJVigor 9:03 PM - 7 April, 2006
lol
i would have stayed if i new who EL was honestly
yea its my friends mixer it puts out shitty sound thats why he was tripping on your gain levels

"what is a dj if he cant scratch...what is a dj if he cant...stay up and watch a legend!

i can scratch and i didnt know who he was MY BAD!!

Anewsome if u ever got more shit like that let me know asap ill come down and SCRATCH lol
Sim 9:30 PM - 7 April, 2006
ill come to the next one to, but i wont scratch, watchin me scratch is like watchin a snail take salt, painfullll, but I can mix good :X lol
djzoo 9:37 PM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
lol
..."what is a dj if he cant scratch...what is a dj if he cant...stay up and watch a legend!

i can scratch and i didnt know who he was MY BAD!!

Just bustin' your...i mean pulling your...just jokin'
DJVigor 9:39 PM - 7 April, 2006
lol

no worries
anewsome 10:09 PM - 7 April, 2006
Shit I can't scratch either,.. well not as good as Lorrence at least Vigor saw me gettin my wiki wiki on last night though.

Funny thing though about Egypt's set,.. is he killed it. He was scratching and stuff, but probably not doing anything I couldn't do myself. I mean, not a single crab, orbit, flare or double click. To all you scratch heads that sit around and practice flares and crabs all day,.. you'd be surprised how much you can do with baby scratches, forward and reverse cuts and some basic transforms. I think that's about all Egypt did last night but the shit was dope how he put it together. His doubles were FLAWLESS, but his records weren't marked so he had to use headphones.

Also, he's come out to see me spin a few times and always commented on how my turntables are "sideways" and how wack it was. I think that's pretty funny because I can't remember the last time I saw some turntables that weren't sideways. He said last night was the first time he EVER played on sideways turntables.
anewsome 10:14 PM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
ill come to the next one to, but i wont scratch, watchin me scratch is like watchin a snail take salt, painfullll, but I can mix good :X lol

Like I said above, I probably won't try that again. Not really enough interest from the forum to make it worthwhile. I'm glad I was there last night though. That shit was fun.

The only reason I was holding the venue the last few weeks is so we could have a chill place to hookup and spin, but I better get my ass back in the club so I can keep it rollin.

Next week i'll be at Sutra. That's without a doubt the hottest club in OC, so not a real good place to try to do a meet. I probably coulnd't even get everyone past the line or the dude at the door.

Maybe in a few months we'll try another meetup.
Sim 10:24 PM - 7 April, 2006
ya Sutra is a bitch to get into, but I dont go to that place, they basturdize religious symbols from my country, so that place can get the finger, the middle, warm it up Kris!

but damn that place pulls in the hottest women of the OC
anewsome 10:29 PM - 7 April, 2006
Damn Sim. I was ignorant man, I didn't know about them symbols man, for real. I thought the decor was kinda cool. Anyway, I'm gonna try to catch some wreck on the techs in there for a quick set. I'll make sure I pass along that middle finger for you,.. after I do my set of course ...
Sim 10:45 PM - 7 April, 2006
hahaha, f that, pull some of them OC broads, they got some bad ass asian and white girls there, thats y it pisses me off that I got my own convictions, otherwise Id be whorin myself there
Duran7609 11:09 PM - 7 April, 2006
that's dope! glad you had a great time!
DJVigor 11:11 PM - 7 April, 2006
Anewsome-
your not as bas as you say you are u shit was tight last night

but ur B*L*E*N*D was the killer that was a sick ass blend
anewsome 11:25 PM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
Anewsome-
your not as bas as you say you are u shit was tight last night

but ur B*L*E*N*D was the killer that was a sick ass blend

I'm gonna have to agree with Vigor here. I did pull off one sick as blend last night,.. in absolute mode of course.
DJVigor 11:29 PM - 7 April, 2006
dont make fun of me cause i cant Use ABS mode

lol
anewsome 10:26 AM - 8 April, 2006
Seriously,.. WTF were you guys? Last night Egypt on the decks. Tonight, Arabian Prince got down. I really don't know what to say. You all missed it though. That shit was fun as hell...
Dj K.Smith 2:44 PM - 8 April, 2006
Since you're in Southern Cali, stay in touch.. I'm in West Covina and dont mind rolling out every once in a while... PM me next time anewsome...
anewsome 4:22 PM - 9 April, 2006
Big ups to DJ Lorrence who came thru the jam last night. Threw some cuts in the mix and killed it with a nice 30 minute set. Mike was right,.. kid can defintely scratch.

See,.. that shit's just more fun to me. Cats from the forum droppin in to the jam with their notebook and rockin the party for a minute. Defintely more fun than standing there by myself for 4 hours. Good times ...
Dj K.Smith 7:07 PM - 9 April, 2006
Like I said, holla at ya boy Dj K.Smith... I'd love to rock a cool R&B set for you... I went to Sangria's last night in Hermosa Beach and saw one of the Dj's there using Serato... I was trying to see if he was a member here but playboy was acting as if he was to busy to look up...lol... That was the first club I went to when a fight broke out and the brother didn't get thrown out...
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:24 AM - 10 April, 2006
Quote:
Big ups to DJ Lorrence who came thru the jam last night. Threw some cuts in the mix and killed it with a nice 30 minute set. Mike was right,.. kid can defintely scratch...

Yeah boeeeeeeyyyy, cool cat Lorrence on tha kutt :) homie spinns hiz own personally tweaked versions too. def up-n-coming status.
anewsome 2:04 AM - 10 April, 2006
Quote:
Yeah boeeeeeeyyyy, cool cat Lorrence on tha kutt :) homie spinns hiz own personally tweaked versions too. def up-n-coming status.

He said he's gonna try to come to some of my jams, like Sutra in Newport Beach this Thursday. Looks like he's starting to get his own gigs now too.
Sim 2:51 AM - 10 April, 2006
ey keep me posted on the local gigs =o)~
Dj K.Smith 4:18 AM - 10 April, 2006
Yo anewsome holla at me...
DJLorrence 11:55 PM - 10 April, 2006
hell yeah! lemme stop by Sutra! that would be sick.
Sim 11:56 PM - 10 April, 2006
Sutra is a good spot to spin, minus my religious displays issue
DJLorrence 11:59 PM - 10 April, 2006
thanks anewsome, your mixing and on-the-fly playlist selection is something only learned through TIME. props. Fat JBL setup. Dope that they hooked up to the house system!!!!

T.I.M.E.

Thing I Must Experience

wordddd up!
DJVigor 12:03 AM - 11 April, 2006
YEA anewsomes ability to think of songs to play is unreal
anewsome 12:03 AM - 11 April, 2006
Yeah, that shit was as "on the fly" as it gets. But that other thread got me thinking,.. I really need to prepare some shit,.. maybe a few mini-sets of a few songs. If you wanna be hot, you gotta sound hot,.. drop some shit that people will remember.
noid25er 6:44 PM - 13 April, 2006
Hey was up anewsome, Dj Vigor. It sounds like you guys are having fun downthere, when is your next get togheter, I would like to join you guys.
DJVigor 8:56 PM - 13 April, 2006
Yea Anewsome

LEts get a Nother meet going
anewsome 10:10 PM - 13 April, 2006
Not sure if I have any venue this would really work at. My next few gigs are kind of no-nonsense gigs. And trust me,.. a bunch of DJs swapping out notebooks and pulling out their best stunts will be a lot on nonsense.

Maybe 1 or 2 of you could come out and do a 30 minute set in the early hours at the Newport Beach Tennis Club on the 22nd. The other venue was perfect since I could pretty much swing all ages in there. I don't really have anything coming up that could be good for anyone under 21. There's a few youngins on the forum.
panchito 10:51 PM - 13 April, 2006
Quote:
Like I said, holla at ya boy Dj K.Smith... I'd love to rock a cool R&B set for you... I went to Sangria's last night in Hermosa Beach and saw one of the Dj's there using Serato... I was trying to see if he was a member here but playboy was acting as if he was to busy to look up...lol... That was the first club I went to when a fight broke out and the brother didn't get thrown out...

thats probably my boy Dj Dez, he's usualy there friday & saturday he just got his ssl about 2 months ago (thanks to me) but I think he has only used it a couple of times at the club so he is still getting used to it and no I don't think he is a member yet but if your in theire again just say wasup Alan :)
Dj K.Smith 3:19 AM - 14 April, 2006
Fa sho....
anewsome 8:54 AM - 14 April, 2006
Hot damn that shit was fun tonight. I been sayin this for a minute. As much as I think most of you are jackasses on this forum,.. when you cats come out to the jam,.. that shit's fun as hell. Tonight: Sim, YoungEgo, nickel and probably a couple other cats I forgot about. Oh yeah,.. and about 500 silicone breasted bitches help set the party off. I don't really give a shit that I only spun until 10.30,.. that shit was fun. You cats are always welcome at the jam. Did I mention, some of the hottest spots I'll be doing this summer?

Ya'll gon make me lose my mind. Up in here, up in here.
Sim 2:02 PM - 14 April, 2006
Preachhhhhhhhhh

Ya man, its a congregation of the OC's most gifted females lol

Nice meetin ya'll kats (Ego/Nickel)

Aaron, as always, on behalf of myself and my boys that rolled with me, thanx for hookin it up
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:06 PM - 14 April, 2006
man, i'm jealous :(

(Farside cartoon) i feel like that dog stuck at home for violin lessons, while all the other dogs are playing fetch/ball outside.

yo anewsome! i'm rolling into town (LA) next Friday, but gonna have the fam with me (doin tha Disney thang)....good to see SSL folks hookin up :)
nickel 2:44 AM - 15 April, 2006
annnnnewwwwsomee and siiimmm!!
what up dawwgs!?
alls i got to say is nice dj's always get the last laugh, you guys are really cool peoples.
but now I'm completly bed ridding (very sick right now) I shouldn't have gone out that night, I wasn't feeling well to beggin with, but chillin wich you guys and mr. oldego haha jk, was damn fun.

just messing Gomm....(can't say the rest for identity purposes)! lol
Dj K.Smith 11:37 PM - 29 May, 2006
So when is the next SSL meet up?
anewsome 12:43 AM - 30 May, 2006
i gotta do it at a place that i am certain will already have an abundance of girls. if i do it at a place that has a pretty even ratio, and then i invite 20 dudes from the forum,.. the promoter would kick my ass.
Dj K.Smith 2:23 AM - 30 May, 2006
Preferably on a Friday or Saturday night...
Sim 3:04 AM - 30 May, 2006
just tell the promoter we'll contribute nicely to the bar tab =)
CQuence 3:06 AM - 30 May, 2006
im down to come through and support, and meet ya guys
Sim 3:20 AM - 30 May, 2006
Ive met a few of the forum kats at Aaron's gigs, all cool kats, ready for the next one
Dj K.Smith 3:26 AM - 30 May, 2006
No doubt... Seems like its some cool cats on here... I'm ready to get my boogie on...
anewsome 3:55 AM - 30 May, 2006
Sim, you cats should come down to club vegas tomorrow night. Free food AND drinks 7-11pm! Bring some of them fine girls you run with. All the forum cats are welcome to come through. It's guest list only access so holla at me with your guestlists. I know none of you are spinnin tomorrow night. What the hell goes on on Tuesday?!
eder 8:13 PM - 30 May, 2006
hahaha vegas has an event TONIGHT? hahaha what are the calling it, "alcoholics and hot chicks? hahahaha. yo I live in fullerton so lemme know when you have something going down again. if i can make it, i'm there
anewsome 9:28 PM - 30 May, 2006
not a lot of tuesday spots in OC. i usually drop into tortilla flats on mission viejo lake. my boy dj chris has been holdin it down there lately so its a good place to drop in and look at the oc sights.
Sim 10:09 PM - 30 May, 2006
Tuesdays are tuff to do man, nothin goes on, but wakin up for a Wed of work is killer
CQuence 1:03 AM - 31 May, 2006
there is a dope taco tuesday spot in newport beach, the dj's skills are wack but there are fine ladys there and good food for 5 bucks all night
eder 6:19 AM - 31 May, 2006
hahaah dj chris as in chris curto? he's my homedawg. i sold him on scratch live a while back hahahaha. wow what a small world.
anewsome 4:51 PM - 31 May, 2006
Quote:
hahaah dj chris as in chris curto? he's my homedawg. i sold him on scratch live a while back hahahaha. wow what a small world.

damn, i thought i sold him on SSL back in january. either way, he's all over it these days.

i can't believe no one came out last night. i had about 15 of my honeys drop in,.. and it was OPEN BAR,.. no cover charge. who the hell skips that?
eder 5:09 PM - 31 May, 2006
hahaha well if you ever need someone to carry in your records *cough cough not 21 yet cough let me know hahaha. so you know kris p too? I was showing curto SSL back in like september @ kris' company's warehouse
Sim 5:26 PM - 31 May, 2006
lol us old asses who gotta wake up early to get to Court on time for work!
Dj Ace 11:03 PM - 1 June, 2006
Sim, u work at a court...in LA county?
Dj Ace 11:03 PM - 1 June, 2006
i work downtown @ 1ST/Hill
anewsome 11:11 PM - 1 June, 2006
I think Sim is an attorney,.. doesn't work at the court.
DJLorrence 5:27 AM - 2 June, 2006
anything popping tonight?
anewsome 9:16 AM - 2 June, 2006
tonight,.. as in friday night... i'm at club vegas again. in the main room this time. holla if you wanna roll.
Sim 2:07 PM - 2 June, 2006
Ace, like Aaron said, Im an attorney, I practice for the most part in the OC, but I kno exactly wat Court ur talkin about