Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Not enough Storage available (SeratoDJ Error)

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Dillz 10:56 PM - 24 February, 2014
I noticed one day while playing with SeratoDj on my 62 mixer it just halted and prompted... "Not Enough Storage is available to process command"

It happened again but this time on my gaming pc which is a beast!!!!!
Thing is I was in OFFLINE MODE!
3:37 AM, 25 Feb 2014
Dillz attached a file: Serato Dj Error.PNG
View· Permalink
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:11 PM - 25 February, 2014
Hey Dillz,

How much room do you have left on your internal or external drive (if you're using one)?
Dillz 3:20 PM - 9 March, 2014
Alot!... over 100 gb!... and now i have to use Scratch Live and my Scratch Live crashed after a while!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:33 PM - 10 March, 2014
I would suggest analyzing all of your files and getting rid of any corrupt files found.
Know that various versions of Serato software handle corrupt files differently.
One version may not have an issue with a file while another one will.
That is why we suggest you reanalyze your entire library anytime you update to a new version.
You do this by unplugging your Rane hardware, holding down the ctrl key, and clicking on the 'analyze files' tab.
Once its done analyzing your files look through the 'all' section for any corrupt files.
They will have an icon next to them that looks like a cd with a crack down the middle of it.
If you are having SDJ read your iTunes library and you see any files with corrupt iTunes logos next to them you'll need to jot them down, shut down SDJ, open iTunes, delete them from iTunes, and then re-open SDJ.

Once your library is corrupt file free give it a good test run and let us know if you are still having issues.
Dillz 7:03 PM - 10 March, 2014
Dude thats not the prob its prob with SDJ it self the program has errors with out any files in offline mode it does that!!!!....
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:14 PM - 10 March, 2014
I don't believe this is an issue with the program but more so with your computer.
Try creating a new user on that computer and installing SDJ on it.
That would at least rule out a global issue or one relating to the user you are logged in as.

But yes.. if this is happening without ANY files in SDJ than its not going to be due to corrupt files.
Dillz 7:16 PM - 10 March, 2014
Im back to Scratch Live... Sdj is a fail right now cant take these chances at a live set cant take embarrased like that!!!!!!! You Guys need to issue and update!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:23 PM - 10 March, 2014
I feel ya.

Note.. we (Rane) do not develop the software. That is all done by Serato in New Zealand.
Dillz 7:31 PM - 10 March, 2014
I know that... Serato Needs to sort us out properly cause my sdj and ssl crashed when i was live and i got boo'd
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:34 AM - 11 March, 2014
Quote:
I know that... Serato Needs to sort us out properly cause my sdj and ssl crashed when i was live and i got boo'd

Quote:
I don't believe this is an issue with the program but more so with your computer.
Try creating a new user on that computer and installing SDJ on it.
That would at least rule out a global issue or one relating to the user you are logged in as.

But yes.. if this is happening without ANY files in SDJ than its not going to be due to corrupt files.

Yep defo something with YOUR SYSTEM YOU NEED TO FIX!

But from this post it seems you have no interest and expect serato to magicly know what is up with your system!

What a Dj fail!

Sure if you wanted to get YOU'RE issues sorted it could be done.
Dillz 2:29 AM - 12 March, 2014
Um foool!! i said i used two different Pc's u retard!! i used my laptop which i use to play music and also my gaming pc with is a beast better than any mac! soo um if yoy were reading you would have seen when I said i tried 2 diff pc's... Plus im not the only person with the problem so if your not gonna come on here to make a solution STFU!
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:47 AM - 12 March, 2014
The only retard is you here!! Your on your own with your wack pc that dont work!
Good luck!! Asshole!
Dillz 2:45 PM - 12 March, 2014
I didnt know I made Os' You Fucking Cunt!
Dillz 2:46 PM - 12 March, 2014
If i want to buy a mac or a new pc i could.. you cant you struggling in UK broke ass Tosser
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:53 PM - 12 March, 2014
Quote:
I didnt know I made Os' You Fucking Cunt!

WOW!!
Quote:
If i want to buy a mac or a new pc i could.. you cant you struggling in UK broke ass Tosser

WOW
Dillz 2:58 PM - 12 March, 2014
Good Don't Be coming here trying to diss any one you stupid FUCK!
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:59 PM - 12 March, 2014
Quote:
Good Don't Be coming here trying to diss any one you stupid FUCK!

Erm you did that also you have broken the forum rules!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:37 PM - 12 March, 2014
Ok.. guys enough with the attacks.

This is breaking the forum rules.
7:01 AM, 27 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:51 AM - 14 August, 2014
Hey Dillz,

Is all your music stored on your internal drive or external drive? Or is it both?
Dillz 10:16 AM - 14 August, 2014
Exrternal drive on diff partitions its too much music to go and put together now.... what ever you guys did in SSL do it in SDJ its annoying i cant use SDJ
Dillz 10:18 AM - 14 August, 2014
Tell me what i Need to do? i sent a bug report last night
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:29 AM - 14 August, 2014
Yep, sorry its annoying, but we will do our best to fix the problem if you help us.

I don't expect you to put together your music, its just information I need to know in order to help you.

So what I need to be able to do is reproduce your issue with your library. I don't need all the actual music, but I can use your _Serato_ folders to do it.

You will have one of these on the root of every partition of your drive, as well inside your default MyMusic folder. This one could be particularly large in size if it has recordings inside it, so we may want to remove those for now.

Would you be able to compress them and upload them to this discussion?

Did you enter an email + any other details when you send the report?
Dillz 4:43 PM - 14 August, 2014
When I get home i will send you them... its 3 partitions on the drive also do you need the one from the my music?
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:29 PM - 14 August, 2014
Yes please :) Thanks!
Dillz 11:27 PM - 14 August, 2014
Hey here is the zip file with my crates
11:31 PM, 14 Aug 2014
Dillz attached a file: Serato Crates.zip
Download· Permalink
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:40 AM - 15 August, 2014
Thanks very much Dillz. So within that zip file, there are the 3 X _Serato_ folders that are on the partitions of your drive correct?

Which one is the _Serato_ folder from your internal drives "My Music" folder? Or did you not include that one? If so, are you able to upload that as well?

I recreated your scenario with the 3 X _Serato_ folders and was able to open the Serato DJ 1.7 beta version (the most recent one) with an SL3 connected.

The memory usage is 591MB if I open Task Manager. What does it show for you?

Perhaps the _Serato_ folder on your internal drive is the missing piece which might cause the crash for me.

So are you able to open Serato DJ without the SL3 connected?

Are you able to open Scratch Live with your external drive connected?
Dillz 4:44 AM - 15 August, 2014
Im not using the sl3 anymore im have a rane 62 mixer... and also no i didnt include the my music _serat0_ what should i do next?
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:37 AM - 15 August, 2014
Can you please upload your _Serato_ folder from the My Music folder?

Ok, I will test with a Rane Sixty-Two.

Can you also open your task manager to look a the memory usage of Serato DJ?

Are you able to open Scratch Live with your external drive connected?
Dillz 5:40 AM - 15 August, 2014
SSL works perfectly.. Only SDJ gives me the error hold on im doing it now
5:49 AM, 15 Aug 2014
Dillz attached a file: my music serato.zip
Download· Permalink
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:58 PM - 17 August, 2014
Hi Dillz,

Thanks for that.

So I was able to place this into my Music folder as the "internal" _Serato folder, then run your partition Serato folders on an external drive and have all your music load up.

Serato DJ was showing about 530MB of memory usage, and then when up to about 600MB with a Rane Sixty-Two connected. So there must be some extra issue causing the crash for you.

Can you please answer my question from above?

Quote:
Can you also open your task manager to look a the memory usage of Serato DJ?

Can you open Serato DJ with all your music without the Rane Sixty-Two connected?
Dillz 10:23 PM - 18 August, 2014
When Im playing its like 100,000 kb... but this also happened on my gaming pc which isa beast.. while i was analysing files.. some time back
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:27 PM - 18 August, 2014
Hi Dillz,

100,000KB is equal to 100MB memory usage, which is extremely low considering your library size.

I recommend that you open task manager while you load Serato DJ, sort the memory column and look at what it goes up to before the crash happens: windows.microsoft.com and windows.microsoft.com

It would also be great if you answered my question:

Quote:
Can you open Serato DJ with all your music without the Rane Sixty-Two connected?

The more information you give me, the quicker and faster I can help with this issue :)
Dillz 3:59 AM - 19 August, 2014
How can you load my music when there arent any files..... Sorrry It uses like 1 gig as i can remember... I cant see the mem usage before it crashed im on a laptop i don't have dual screens...
Dillz 4:00 AM - 19 August, 2014
It crashes if im playing for like 20 mins or so.. sometimes it takes a longer time to occur
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:33 AM - 19 August, 2014
Hey Dillz,

By using the _Serato_ folders you gave me, which contains databases for all your files, I can make Serato DJ think it is loading your files, if I load them to the deck however, they aren't in the location the file path is pointing to, so they get flagged as missing.

Even without the physical files though, I can still emulate your library setup with those folders you supplied me.

You can open the Task Manager, shift Serato DJ to the side a bit and look at the memory usage.

If the crash isn't happening straight away then its possible your library isn't big enough to cause the issue by itself, but using effects on top of that may cause it. So it'll still be useful to look at your memory usage when the library is first loaded, then just mess about and activate some effects, watch the memory usage and see if it crashes.

This might pinpoint the problem - but if we can't crash it that way, then it means we need to investigate other avenues.
Dillz 10:34 AM - 21 August, 2014
Ok thanks.....
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:22 PM - 21 August, 2014
Ok, so you will let me know what kind of memory usage you see in the task manager, when you get a chance right? I'd be really keen to solve this issue for you man.
Dillz 3:42 PM - 22 August, 2014
Perfect ill let you know asap
Dillz 4:16 PM - 22 August, 2014
Did you see any prob with my databases though? Is it even too large for serato?
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:54 PM - 22 August, 2014
No it is not - as I mentioned I was able to load all your databases inside Serato DJ with a Sixty-Two connected. The memory usage went up to about 600MB.

The computer should allow you to go up to 1100MB before you will see any crash. Based on this theory, I do not think your library is too big. However, I need to determine if it is still a library problem or something else by having you provide the same kind of information from your computer.

If there was more I could do at my end right now, I would - but I cannot reproduce your issue by emulating your library + setup here.
Dillz 10:19 AM - 24 August, 2014
I'm Using Dell lattitude 830 Core Dup 2.0 Win 7 64Bit 4gb Ram
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:52 AM - 26 August, 2014
Ok. I am using a Dell XPS L501X with Intel Core i5, Win 7 2.67GHz with 4GB RAM.

Your specs are around our minimum spec range, but it should be capable of it. This won't help us figure out why it isn't loading the library though, so I would really appreciate if you could help me by providing those memory readings inside the task manager.

Have you used Task Manager before? windows.microsoft.com its really helpful for all kinds of reasons.
Dillz 7:38 AM - 26 August, 2014
I just did a test... It uses 850k to 900k.. I Also noticed it happened when i was playing example Deck A Drake 0 - 100 then I mixed another song to Deck B , Then When Loaded a Song on to Deck A it was writing tags to Drake 0 - 100 then same time the error popped up...
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:34 AM - 27 August, 2014
Ok so I must not have all of you library or something, because we are getting different results.

You have no other music stores anywhere else right? I have your 3 partitions and your internal folder, so if there is no other music stored on other drives, that should accurately replicate your library.

What build are you currently using? Have you tried the most recent Public Beta available here? serato.com

Can you see what your memory usage says just as the message shows up?
Dillz 4:34 PM - 27 August, 2014
Yes I sent all the data.. I'm on the 170580 Beta..... What did you mean by "Can you see what your memory usage says just as the message shows up?"
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:13 PM - 27 August, 2014
Ok cheers. I was just hoping you could see the memory usage right as the error message shows. You told me it was 850-900MB on idle with no tracks loaded, then as soon you have two tracks it crashes.

Perhaps you could load one to the deck, the move the window to the side just so you can see the task manager, then load the second track. I am trying to determine if its actually reaching the memory limit or not, because 850-900MB is not the limit.

Also, can you please use the latest beta: serato.com build: 1.7.0.1525.

Thanks!
Dillz 11:57 PM - 27 August, 2014
850 - 900 when playing tracks... I have another identical laptop but with win 8 so im testing that... it has lest ram it has 3 gig.. Let me test that on the 1.6.3 and if it happens on that ill have to try the beta 1.7.0.1525
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:38 AM - 28 August, 2014
So the memory doesn't go up visibly at all after loading tracks?

Then there is no further increase from 850-900MB when you get the error message showing up?

Definitely please try the new beta, I think it might help.
Dillz 4:26 PM - 28 August, 2014
I'll try it today....
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:33 AM - 29 August, 2014
Let me know what happens!
Dillz 1:27 AM - 29 August, 2014
Question im on a mac but im not seeing 1.6.3 for the mac when i use the mac on the website why?
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:16 AM - 29 August, 2014
Where are you looking exactly? Can you send me the URL?

Why are you not trying out the beta version I recommended here?: serato.com

I thought we had already established 1.6.3 does not work for you?
Dillz 11:54 PM - 29 August, 2014
i asked a totally diff question i was installing serato on a mac n noticed the the 1.6.3 wasnt on the site
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:37 AM - 30 August, 2014
Ok, it should be. You can find it here: serato.com
Dillz 2:48 PM - 30 August, 2014
Well I used to Beta 1.7.0.1525 live last night took a chance and it worked all night... I'll test it again tonight again see if it holds up .. Lol
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:28 AM - 31 August, 2014
Great news :)
Dillz 12:40 PM - 4 September, 2014
I noticed a setting after i installed the beta then (im running the 1.7) I noticed the lapto was on Balanced power setting.. It was always on High perfromance so I believe thats the problem everyone is having.... I'll Test it on Balanced and see but I believe thats the culprit... Balance limits certain things...
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:43 PM - 7 September, 2014
Definitely run on high performance, always preferable!
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.