Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Drop out - Program and in Sound

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Kevin aka DJ Climax 6:45 PM - 12 February, 2014
Having issues with the dropout while I'm using the program that I've just noticed that are out of the ordinary. In addition, I've also noticed that when I'm running Serato DJ with my Wifi my tracking goes to half red half gray (at 50% with the tracking). This never happened with Serato Scratch.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:10 AM - 17 February, 2014
Hey Kevin aka DJ Climax,

You need to take into account that Serato DJ is a new program, with more features than Scratch Live. It will require more CPU power to run it at the same rate.

Have you considered going through these steps to optimise your mac: serato.com

Sam
8:00 AM, 3 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Kevin aka DJ Climax 3:02 PM - 2 September, 2014
I have done all of this. Also I do completer reboots prior to gigs. In addition, I have my MBP has 16gbs of ram and still having the occasional drop outs.
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:08 PM - 2 September, 2014
Where do you have your USB audio buffer set at?
You may simply need to boost it.
dj zaza 10:14 AM - 3 September, 2014
Zach, I get drop out when I change the side of the vinyl, no matter what the latency is set to do it anyway.
10:54 AM, 3 Sep 2014
dj zaza attached a file: IMG_0185.MOV.mov
Download· Permalink
dj zaza 10:54 AM - 3 September, 2014
This is the demo video. this also happens when you start the program for the first time and rest the pins on vinyl
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:13 PM - 3 September, 2014
Zaza... please start your own help request. Thanks.
dj zaza 4:27 PM - 3 September, 2014
ok you'll it tonight after work.
Kevin aka DJ Climax 2:41 AM - 15 September, 2014
Seems to be a little more stable now with 1.7. I'll double check this.

However I was DJing last night and I had major lag between backspin the record and the actual song. I'll trying and record this next time.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:03 PM - 15 September, 2014
Hey Kevin

What you are describing sounds like an issue that we are aware of. Have a look at this FAQ for the description and current workaround: support.serato.com

It's a tricky issue and we are working hard with our hardware partners to get it resolved.

Aaron
Kevin aka DJ Climax 3:30 PM - 12 October, 2014
Thanks for the help Aaron and also for being so quick to reply. I apologize for not getting back quicker but it looks like the newer updated version has fixed the issue.

On another note. I do see that after analyzing large amounts of files in Scratch DJ 2k+. The program crashes when I close this. This has happened already 3 times.

Also every time I've done the updated firmware into our 62 and 900SRT there seems to be a problem my mac says with the update. However, it doesn't seem to faze afterwords. I didn't know if you knew about this. I'll make sure to get a screen shot he next time I have to do it.

Thanks again!
Kevin aka DJ Climax 3:53 PM - 12 October, 2014
Finally, just wanted to share a link with you regarding the 62 and the 900 SRT my production company did with a friend of mine.

nerdydj.com

Thanks!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:34 PM - 12 October, 2014
Hey Kevin

Quote:
Also every time I've done the updated firmware into our 62 and 900SRT there seems to be a problem my mac says with the update. However, it doesn't seem to faze afterwords.

This is most likely the 'Not from an identified developer' message. It is because Apple doesn't recognize the updates as signed software, but there is no problem with this - it's more just a security warning so if you trust the developer (Rane and Pioneer in this case), you're all good.

Quote:
On another note. I do see that after analyzing large amounts of files in Scratch DJ 2k+. The program crashes when I close this. This has happened already 3 times.

For this one, the best thing to try is analyzing in chunks.
If this doesn't work, can I ask you to open a help request at support.serato.com so one of the team can troubleshoot with you directly.

Nice review! Very even and informative :)

Cheers
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.