DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ETX-18SP vs. Yorkville LS801P

Taipanic 8:47 PM - 11 February, 2014
I am very interested in the new EV sub. I currently have the Yorkville LS800P subs, which I am currently using paired with ZXa5s or SX200s. Spec wise, it looks as if the Yorkie is louder, the EV deeper. Weight is about 23lbs difference, size has the Yorkville a little bigger. The EV has active processing, both have castors. EV amp is more efficient, less power hungry (though less powerful too).
EV | Yorkville
Frequency Range 28 Hz – 180 Hz | 45-150 Hz
Low Pass Frequency Adjustable: 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 150 Hz | Adjustable Slope
Maximum SPL 135 dB peak dB | 140 (134 Continuous)
Power Rating 1800 W | 1500 Program / 2500 Peak
Power Consumption (max)120V 1.6 A | 120V 7.5
Frequency Response 33 Hz – 150 Hz | 45-150 Hz +/- 3db
Connector Type (2) XLR/TRS Combo Jack and (2) XLR | (2) XLR & (2) 1/4 Inch - line or speaker level
Height 550 mm (21.65") | 81.3mm (32 inches)
Width 675 mm (26.57") | 70mm (27.5 inches)
Depth 910 mm (35.83") | 58.4mm (23 inches)
Weight Net 51.8 kg (114.2 lbs) | 62.3 kg (137.3 lbs)

IF I can get a hold of an EV to demo, I will do an A/B comparison when they come out in April. If the sound quality is noticeably better, I may switch over to the EVs and take the hit on the max SPL as you can always add additional subs if needed.
Of course may all change if I come across a cheap pair of Danley TH-118s or JTR Orbit Shifters.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:08 PM - 11 February, 2014
The only thing that I think is a downfall of the ETX sub is the fact that it is that heavy and has a low profile. With the York being the size that it is, you can kind of tilt it into vans if needed. With the EV being that heavy and so low to the ground, it may be hard for 1 person to lift into a vehicle. The wheels help once it's out, but getting in and out of a van/truck/car may require 2 people.

I was lifting my RCF718 in and out myself and it was 91lbs and that was close to my limit. Adding another 25 lbs may be too hard (and awkward) for one person.
Would love to hear them though!
pdidy 11:19 PM - 11 February, 2014
In regards to the ETX-18SP, I would not expect any major improvements compared to the usual suspects (jbl prx718xlf, prx618xlf, qsc kw181 or jbl vrx918sp).
Why ?
1. Its using basic reflex cabinet design like all the others.
2. There is no new and or major improvement in the woofer technology to make it more efficient than all others.
3. Power would need to be doubled to see at least 3db improvement over similar sub designs.

So without major improvements in at least one of these areas it will be very difficult to achieve a noticeable difference of 3db or more compared to the usual suspects. Would be nice if im wrong but I doubt it.

All the usual suspects have better sound quality compared to the York but none come close in output without using 2 or more vs 1 York.

As you know, this is the rout im taking with the jbl vrx918sp as I minimize my York stock.
pdidy 11:25 PM - 11 February, 2014
"Power Consumption (max)120V 1.6 A"

That is very LOW, not sure if its a bad or good thing yet......
Joee 11:40 PM - 11 February, 2014
Quote:
In regards to the ETX-18SP, I would not expect any major improvements compared to the usual suspects (jbl prx718xlf, prx618xlf, qsc kw181 or jbl vrx918sp).

the one thing that has me wondering about these new etx subs is, the fact that they use DVX drivers the same line thats in the zxa5 & we know how well that bess can you imaging if the zxa5 was designed to be a sub? so this has me wanting to hear the new subs
DJ GaFFle 12:35 AM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
Why ?
1. Its using basic reflex cabinet design like all the others.
2. There is no new and or major improvement in the woofer technology to make it more efficient than all others.
3. Power would need to be doubled to see at least 3db improvement over similar sub designs.

So without major improvements in at least one of these areas it will be very difficult to achieve a noticeable difference of 3db or more compared to the usual suspects. Would be nice if im wrong but I doubt it...

I agree with the above points but boy, was I shocked when comparing a discontinued EV SBa760 15" sub vs. a QSC HPR181i 18" sub. The EV didn't go quite as low but seemed to knock noticeably harder than the QSC.

(nm)
the_black_one 1:08 AM - 12 February, 2014
1.6 amps....

It's great if that thing is sooo efficient

Or just not very powerful

Take your pick.

Nm nh
Joee 1:11 AM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
1.6 amps....

It's great if that thing is sooo efficient

Or just not very powerful

Take your pick.

Nm nh

a good comparison would be, how many amps for a zxa5?
Joee 1:15 AM - 12 February, 2014
ext18
Power Consumption 100 – 240 V~, 50 – 60 Hz, 1.6 – 0.8 A

zxa5
Power Requirement 120V: 95V - 132V, 50 - 60 Hz, 0.6A
Joee 1:17 AM - 12 February, 2014
zxa5 in missing a spec
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:00 AM - 12 February, 2014
Spec sheet on ZXA says 3 to 4 amps when pushed
Taipanic 3:18 PM - 12 February, 2014
A live comparison is definitely needed. Even compared to the specs to the JBL VRX 918 the EV hits lower and a much higher peak SPL (135db-126db), partially due to 300 more watts of power. As we know, specs don't mean anything and are constantly manipulated to create the desired perception. It will be interesting to hear a few of these subs compared side by side. As Gaffle noted, the SBa760 is a sweet sounding sub that sounds bigger than it's box. I was renting a pair of those before I bought the Yorkville. Hopefully this new line will be of that quality. That's it's cheaper than the JBL is a plus as well.
When the EV finally ships I will see if I can get a hold of one to demo. I'll also see about getting some other people to bring other relevant subs so we can have a shootout down here in Tampa Bay.
SELECT 7:22 PM - 12 February, 2014
Its not just sound, but how they "feel" on the dancefloor. These new ETX line have circuitry to push the sound forward on the subs. Thats pretty cool. Check this video at 4:30- Watchwww.youtube.com
pdidy 10:53 PM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
Its not just sound, but how they "feel" on the dancefloor. These new ETX line have circuitry to push the sound forward on the subs. Thats pretty cool. Check this video at 4:30- Watchwww.youtube.com

The feature referred to in the video is called CARDIOID SUB.
Watchwww.youtube.com

This feature is typically ONLY used by professional sound providers on large scale high end systems. These subs do not seem to fit that model because it is marketed to Mid-level mobile users like dj's. CARDIOID SUB arrays also require the use of additional subs to produce the CARDIOID effect. The market that the ETX line is directed at is Highly unlikely to use, need or afford this feature due to additional sub requirements.

This is a diagram of a basic CARDIOID setup where 1 of 3 subs is set for cardioid duty. upload.wikimedia.org
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:58 PM - 12 February, 2014
One of the vids I saw said the ETX was one step below concert grade. That's higher than mid level mobile to me.
Aden 11:53 PM - 12 February, 2014
At NAMM, they tested the single 18" ETX with some house song and I def able to feel the bass. I love my 2 kw181's but you can't feel the bass like you can with the ETX.

They tested the dual 18s with some rock tune and it sounded like a concert.

I can't wait to hear these again!
pdidy 11:55 PM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
One of the vids I saw said the ETX was one step below concert grade. That's higher than mid level mobile to me.

Mid level mobile is a very broad term so were it begins and ends is very debatable.
the_black_one 11:58 PM - 12 February, 2014
Do they even have fly points??

Nm
pdidy 11:59 PM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
At NAMM, they tested the single 18" ETX with some house song and I def able to feel the bass. I love my 2 kw181's but you can't feel the bass like you can with the ETX.

I don't trust those demo's, they can have those speakers installed with some next level shit or running multiple boxes behind the secret curtain if you no what I mean....lol
Joee 11:59 PM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:

this here sound very good
Aden 1:32 AM - 13 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I don't trust those demo's, they can have those speakers installed with some next level shit or running multiple boxes behind the secret curtain if you no what I mean....lol

Totally. I knew that going in hence why I'm so interested in hearing them again in a different room.

Either way, I thought it sounded better than my kw181s. I'm not sure how it would match up to a Yorkville. My guess is the Yorkie would still be louder.
Taipanic 2:33 PM - 13 February, 2014
By the stats, you would still need 2 EVs to equal 1 Yorkville for SPL. The EVs should sound better and go deeper though.
pdidy 8:38 PM - 14 February, 2014
SELECT 9:09 PM - 14 February, 2014
They seem like great boxes with advanced features, but only time will tell how great they really sound. Once working DJs start their reviews then we'll see. I really want to hear the subs in person.
Rebelguy 12:09 AM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:

Actually they tested the single 15" with the dance song. The single 18" was tested with the rock music. I wish they would have done it the other way around as I was really wanting to hear how low the 18s could go.

There is no double 18" in the series.

Also, that was a VERY controlled environment. Real world testing is what I am waiting to hear back on.
Aden 3:14 AM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Actually they tested the single 15" with the dance song. The single 18" was tested with the rock music. I wish they would have done it the other way around as I was really wanting to hear how low the 18s could go.

There is no double 18" in the series.

Really? My bad…for some reason i thought it was the single 18s on the dance song. So yeah…those 15s are legit.

Yeah, they don't have a dual 18" model….I was referring to the two 18's they had stacked on each side.
Aden 3:21 AM - 15 February, 2014
Here we go…this is a video of the demo:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Bigga Bounce Ent 3:16 PM - 23 May, 2014
Quote:

IF I can get a hold of an EV to demo, I will do an A/B comparison when they come out in April. If the sound quality is noticeably better, I may switch over to the EVs and take the hit on the max SPL as you can always add additional subs if needed.
Of course may all change if I come across a cheap pair of Danley TH-118s or JTR Orbit Shifters.

Taipanic, were you able to to A/B the two of them? If so what were your findings?
SELECT 3:32 PM - 23 May, 2014
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I didnt like that review, just terrible. That whole test, on paper thing, ehh. Just play the same tracks on each one and record from a distance. Thats real world, gig testing lol. Seriously, thats all I wanted to see and hear, wtf. He didnt even mention the specs on them really. I can tell you this about both of those powered subs, you want maximum impact on the dancefloor, go with the Yorkville. Horn loaded subs are hard to beat for that physical feeling. You want impact, but also great bass quality, go EV.
SELECT 3:38 PM - 23 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I didnt like that review, just terrible. That whole test, on paper thing, ehh. Just play the same tracks on each one and record from a distance. Thats real world, gig testing lol. Seriously, thats all I wanted to see and hear, wtf. He didnt even mention the specs on them really. I can tell you this about both of those powered subs, you want maximum impact on the dancefloor, go with the Yorkville. Horn loaded subs are hard to beat for that physical feeling. You want impact, but also great bass quality, go EV.

Sorry, wrong thread lol
Taipanic 4:53 PM - 23 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Taipanic, were you able to to A/B the two of them? If so what were your findings?

Not yet, still trying to get a hold of the EV through one of my connections. My goal is to set up a day and invite all local DJs out and A/B a bunch of stuff, not sure how soon that will happen though.
If I can get a hold of the EV this week I will try and get a good comparison between the two done and posted.
DJ Remix Detroit 2:48 AM - 12 August, 2014
So what's the verdict on the ETX/Yorkville comparison?
Joee 3:47 AM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
So what's the verdict on the ETX/Yorkville comparison?

ev better quality sound, york louder hits harder
DJ Remix Detroit 7:24 PM - 12 August, 2014
So which one would you choose? And why.

Im gonna go ahead and sell my kw181's. So its bweetween the etx and the yorkies.
pdidy 7:28 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

Im gonna go ahead and sell my kw181's. So its bweetween the etx and the yorkies.

What's your priority, sound quality or output ?
DJ Remix Detroit 7:38 PM - 12 August, 2014
I guess output would be my last priority since im going to buy eight.
djattila 7:54 PM - 12 August, 2014
So your buying 8. Hummmmm
DJ Remix Detroit 7:55 PM - 12 August, 2014
Yes. I have 8 kw181's currently. And will be selling them.
Taipanic 8:02 PM - 12 August, 2014
I would go with the ETXs. Built in DSP, cardioid setting, a little smaller and better sounding. Having 8 of them you should be able to reach any SPL level you would need for most gigs. I will probably keep my Yorkville LS800p but will invest in the new ETX line when I get some extra income.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:07 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
I would go with the ETXs. Built in DSP, cardioid setting, a little smaller and better sounding. Having 8 of them you should be able to reach any SPL level you would need for most gigs. I will probably keep my Yorkville LS800p but will invest in the new ETX line when I get some extra income.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. Because i normally cluster all 8, and strap my 4 kw152's on top. And they sound great.

But ive never heard the yorkvilles in person. So i didnt want to shortchange myself if they sounded better than the etx's.

And to be honest, the power efficiency specs on those etx's blows my mind.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:09 PM - 12 August, 2014
And to be honest, the power efficiency specs on those etx's blows my mind, and is prolly gonna be the main selling point for me.
Taipanic 8:21 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. Because i normally cluster all 8, and strap my 4 kw152's on top. And they sound great.

But ive never heard the yorkvilles in person. So i didnt want to shortchange myself if they sounded better than the etx's.

And to be honest, the power efficiency specs on those etx's blows my mind.

The Yorkvilles are loud but very boomy. Eight of those together would probably be so muddy the overall quality of sound wouldn't be good. Fixtures would be coming off the walls though...
If you run that big of a rig you should also check out the ETX35ps - 60x40 pattern, three way speakers will give you the best sound quality.
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:23 PM - 12 August, 2014
If you are going into that kind of sound, why not look into some Danley subs? You can probably get 3 to 4 for the price of 8 EVs. I'd say the 4 probably equal more than 8 EVs. Gaffle can probably vouch for that as he has 4 of the Danleys.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:26 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
If you are going into that kind of sound, why not look into some Danley subs? You can probably get 3 to 4 for the price of 8 EVs. I'd say the 4 probably equal more than 8 EVs. Gaffle can probably vouch for that as he has 4 of the Danleys.

How much do the danleys run? And do you have a link or model so i can check them out?
Taipanic 8:29 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

I agree Danleys would be even better output & sound quality at a cost of somewhere around $4k a speaker (including amp cost). I'd love to have a pair and have checked them out a few times at Infocomm but still on the fence on if I will ever pull the trigger.
Taipanic 8:31 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

How much do the danleys run? And do you have a link or model so i can check them out?

www.danleysoundlabs.com

Probably close to $3k per speaker. They generally come non-powered but I believe you can have a plate amp added if you want. 160lbs, sound incredible. JTR Orbit Shifters are nice quality subs too, a little cheaper than these.
DJ Remix Detroit 8:35 PM - 12 August, 2014
160 lbs ? Lol. Thats heavy as hell. Thanks for the info and links ill def check em out though.
djattila 8:37 PM - 12 August, 2014
Was about to say but you beat me to it.. 2 of them will sound better than 8 etx subs. Less to haul around
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:10 PM - 12 August, 2014
Yea, in the sub game Danley's are monsters. I've never heard them personally but read up on them. You will get really high SPL as well as superb sound quality. Trade off to that is the weight and price.

I actually did price out a powered TH118 and it was around the $5,000 mark. But I'm sure you can get a little better if you choose to get 2 or 3.

And I think 2 or 3 clustered will probably easily compete or out perform 6-8 ETX subs.
djattila 9:15 PM - 12 August, 2014
2 th118 I would say it in loudness .... 8 to 10 yorks easy... Better sound quality... Just heavy and $$$$$$$$$
SG SOUNDS 9:22 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
2 th118 I would say it in loudness .... 8 to 10 yorks easy... Better sound quality... Just heavy and $$$$$$$$$

Come on dude don't exaggerate!! 4 th118 i say...
pdidy 9:24 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

CAREFUL, someone may actually believe you....lol
djattila 9:25 PM - 12 August, 2014
1 zxa5 will Handel 3 yorks

Gaff has the th118 and the ev's

Those subs over power the tops easy ... Do the math...
SG SOUNDS 9:31 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

+1 ON THIS!! 4 of those danleys and you got some serious output for days..I too wanted to get the EV subs to match my ev 35-p three way speakers but they sound awesome with my yorkville ls800p subs...So i decided to just stay with my yorkvilles..if i ever do upgrade my yorkies its gonna be with the danley subs
pdidy 9:32 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

thats not math sir, thats called a guess....
djattila 9:36 PM - 12 August, 2014
My guess .... I'm sticking to it
DJ Val-BKNY11203 9:36 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

thats not math sir, thats called a guess....

No guess man. He is talking about Handel. Those are beast yo.
djattila 9:42 PM - 12 August, 2014
Hahahah
pdidy 9:48 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

the_black_one, is that you again ?
DJ Remix Detroit 9:51 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Lmao. Dude rose from the dead since JM buried him
djattila 9:52 PM - 12 August, 2014
No idea of what you are talking about sir.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:57 PM - 12 August, 2014
Those JTR orbit shifters are 180lbs ea.
djattila 9:58 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

Been wanting to hear a pair but have not had the pleasure
pdidy 10:10 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:

but they have similar performance as the danley and much cheaper if name recognition is not a concern.
pdidy 10:18 PM - 12 August, 2014
But If youre anything like me and require a scalable system for 50 to 500+ that can be moved easily by 1 person, then 160lb+ subs are not in your future.
Joee 12:48 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:

ev better sound quality, york better output……..you decide

Quote:
Quote:

i was thinking the same this
Joee 1:16 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:

the_black_one, how you been my dude? you know i got love for my fellow zxa5 owners!

talking about subs ,i just got back for the ac dj expo those RCF 21" subs O MY GAWD the kind of bass that makes you sick to your stomach
DJ GaFFle 2:06 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Bwuahahaha! Good Ole Luis "Dirty" Sanchez.
djattila 3:29 AM - 13 August, 2014
Sorry but I'm really lost here
pdidy 3:34 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
Sorry but I'm really lost here

Quote:

yes, we know sir.....lol
djattila 3:45 AM - 13 August, 2014
Just trying to state my opinion
pdidy 4:00 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
Just trying to state my opinion

Ok so In my opinion 1 ETX-18SP is = Danley th118.

And I'm sticking to it.....

See what I did right there ?
djattila 4:06 AM - 13 August, 2014
Hey man. Your pinion
djattila 4:06 AM - 13 August, 2014
Opinion
pdidy 4:18 AM - 13 August, 2014
OK, the_black_one.....thats all the attention you get today. Come back in a few months...lol
djattila 4:22 AM - 13 August, 2014
I still don't get why your calling me that
TheJamSpace 12:21 AM - 20 August, 2014
Really looking forward to hearing the results of this A/B test. Taipanic are you strictly a DJ or do you do live sound mixing for bands as well? I'm looking to put together a portable sound system that can also do smaller outdoor venues. Wondering if The ETX subs will do the trick.
rayjthedj 12:46 AM - 20 August, 2014
I did an outdoor last weekend with four ETX15SP subs and a pair of ETX12P tops. It was great sound. You could tell what songs I was playing a mile away :)

I was playing mostly 70s and 80s rock, soul, funk and country and it was crystal clear and the bass was tight. All EQ was flat on everthing, board and DSP in the cabinets. It all played off one 15 amp circuit, including the mixer, computer, wireless and feedback shark.
SG SOUNDS 1:28 AM - 20 August, 2014
Quote:
I did an outdoor last weekend with four ETX15SP subs and a pair of ETX12P tops. It was great sound. You could tell what songs I was playing a mile away :)

I was playing mostly 70s and 80s rock, soul, funk and country and it was crystal clear and the bass was tight. All EQ was flat on everthing, board and DSP in the cabinets. It all played off one 15 amp circuit, including the mixer, computer, wireless and feedback shark.

Everything on one 15 amp breaker???

Everything one one 15 amp breaker?
rayjthedj 2:35 AM - 20 August, 2014
It was all on one 15 amp breaker. Furman showed a max draw of 14.2 amps (which I really thought should have tripped the breaker. It ran mostly between 10-12 amps. Breaker temperature increased less than 20 degrees and was warm, but not hot to the touch, house is 20 years old, but very well built.

Take a look at the types of music I was playing, very musical songs, but not a constant thump thud like hip hop. If I had played music with more of a low end thud and drone sound, it probably would have pulled more amps. I do think I could have played whatever I wanted on a 20 amp breaker, because I would have pushed the speakers to thermal and they would have limited, rather than just flashing the lights for eye candy.
Taipanic 2:34 PM - 20 August, 2014
Quote:
Really looking forward to hearing the results of this A/B test. Taipanic are you strictly a DJ or do you do live sound mixing for bands as well? I'm looking to put together a portable sound system that can also do smaller outdoor venues. Wondering if The ETX subs will do the trick.

I am mostly a DJ but have done sound for numerous bands over the years. I do not consider myself a Sound Engineer or a Live Sound expert.
I think the ETX subs will sound good in that setup, probably a lot tighter kick drum than the Yorkville would provide, which is more important in a live sound mix than rumbling bass.
I still haven't been able to line up an ETX and a time to do testing, been pretty busy.
If things test out as I think they will, I will probably keep the one LS800p I have and get a couple of the ETX subs, along with another ZXa1 sub to make a pair for my smaller system. I'd like Danleys but can't see justifying that purchase anytime in the near future.
Might also swap out my ZXa5s for the ETX 3 ways, not sure yet, that will also require an A/B test.
Asu 12:40 PM - 4 September, 2014
Great info guys...thinking about a scalable system.4-6 of ETX 3 ways being 60x40 will def give better pattern control.and 4-8 ETX 18" subs.

meanwhile i used the ZLX as monitors for bands during the long weekend,and the guys were really really impressed with the sound clarity on them,i set them to monitor,live setting and flat EQ(Hi & LF set at zero) on the zlx :-)
TheJamSpace 5:21 PM - 4 September, 2014
Asu, I use the ZLX line for stage monitors as well. They are great for that application. They give good stage volume/sound and really I just don't like putting any of my wood boxes on the ground.

Regarding the ETX 35P's - I've heard talk that they are designed to be paired but I haven't seen anything from EV as far as a product to fasten them in pairs.. are you just thinking of pole mounting one per sub?
Asu 5:36 PM - 4 September, 2014
Quote:
Regarding the ETX 35P's - I've heard talk that they are designed to be paired but I haven't seen anything from EV as far as a product to fasten them in pairs.. are you just thinking of pole mounting one per sub?

i was thinking of using 1-3 per side over 1-6 QRx 218S depending on the type of event and number of people expected...the 60x40 should make that task much easier.

High passing them using the built in dsp should make things very interesting.

that's for a powered system

or passive 6 x QRx 212/75 over 6 x QRx 218S to keep power requirements down while keeping the SPL high.
DJ SL1 4:13 PM - 24 November, 2014
so no final verdict?
Asu 11:01 PM - 19 March, 2015
ETX beats the KW181 hands up or down lol...very nice deep lows,but the weight will be an issue for some.
SG SOUNDS 6:19 PM - 13 May, 2015
Need some help here...4 ls800p vs 4 etx18p..
talk to me...
Joee 6:25 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
talk to me...

you mean ls801p? you own correct?

well york louder pushes the bass out further, but the ext18sp IMO will have a better quality sound bass & go lower i would think

you looking to get 4 to match your etx35p?
SG SOUNDS 6:49 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
talk to me...

well york louder pushes the bass out further, but the ext18sp IMO will have a better quality sound bass & go lower i would think

yes you are correct looking to match my etx 35p...but how much better will the etx 18sp or even the vrx918sp sound over my beloved yorkies? I keep hearing alot of good things about the etx18p and the vrx918sp subs....
SG SOUNDS 7:00 PM - 13 May, 2015
I wonder how much i could get for my 4 yorkies if i try to sell them..
Joee 7:12 PM - 13 May, 2015
a better quality sound/deeper bass vs the boomy sound of the york

you might be able to get $1,000 for each york maybe, it has to be one of the people that pays retail & doesn't know you can get gear cheaper than list price
Taipanic 7:17 PM - 13 May, 2015
You would also probably need 5-6 of each to match the output of the 4 Yorkvilles but they will sound better.
DJ GaFFle 7:27 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
talk to me...

yes you are correct looking to match my etx 35p...but how much better will the etx 18sp or even the vrx918sp sound over my beloved yorkies? I keep hearing alot of good things about the etx18p and the vrx918sp subs....

If you're happy with the ETX35P's and feel you'll stay with them, I'd stick with the same brand (uniform logos) and run the ETX18P's vs. JBL subs. Sounds petty but my "guess" is the ETX18's hit harder and lower than the VRX subs anyway. The downside is they're larger and heavier per.
pdidy 11:34 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
You would also probably need 5-6 of each to match the output of the 4 Yorkvilles but they will sound better.

Yes , it will take 6 jbl vrx918sp @ a cost of $1500ea X 6 = $9000

Yorkville resell value = $800ea X 4 = $3200

$9000 - $3200 = $5800

Final cost = $5800 (wheels add $300)

my guess is you will keep the yorks.....lol
Joee 11:43 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
Yes , it will take 6 jbl vrx918sp @ a cost of $1500ea X 6 = $9000

Yorkville resell value = $800ea X 4 = $3200

$9000 - $3200 = $5800

Final cost = $5800 (wheels add $300)

my guess is you will keep the yorks.....lol

but RIDDIMNBLUES wants ev etx18sp's

if he could get $3,200 for his yorks …..he only needs to come up with $1,200 to get 4 ev's

not a bad move at all IMO……I've listened to them etx18sp, they sound very nice, those four subs will not match the output of his yorks …..but they will sound better
pdidy 12:09 AM - 14 May, 2015
whether its EV or JBL 6 subs will be REQUIRE unless he's willing to take a downgrade in output.

4 ls800p vs 4 etx18p just is not a fair comparison because the York will win in brute force alone.
Joee 12:12 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
4 ls800p vs 4 etx18p just is not a fair comparison because the York will win in brute force alone.

agreed …..but IMHO the 4 eve's will offer improved sound quality …..smooth deep low vs loud punchy
pdidy 12:48 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

agreed …..but IMHO the 4 eve's will offer improved sound quality …..smooth deep low vs loud punchy

Well ive actually tried to substitue 2 yorks for 2 VRX and my dj clients were not big fans at all (including Me).

To quote one of my clients....."I dont give a F*ck about dem new joints (2 of my VRX) if day dont knock as hard as them yorky's (2 yorkville ls801p)". My point is Clients dont care about sound quality if it comes at the cost of reduced output......

It took 3 vrx for my clients to accept the VRX compared to 2 yorkviles but the 4th VRX made them fall in love and ONLY want the VRX......:)
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:59 AM - 14 May, 2015
I need to roll through one day when you got the set outside cranking.
Joee 1:01 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
To quote one of my clients....."I dont give a F*ck about dem new joints (2 of my VRX) if day dont knock as hard as them yorky's (2 yorkville ls801p)". My point is Clients dont care about sound quality if it comes at the cost of reduced output......

you said it best …..because they don't know what quality sounding bass is……as long as the walls shake there happy…….who cars if the bass is muddy , but can the bass get sooo low that it will cause you to vomit? vomit inducing bass is quality bass in my book……lol

Quote:
It took 3 vrx for my clients to accept the VRX compared to 2 yorkviles but the 4th VRX made them fall in love and ONLY want the VRX......:)

but RIDDIMNBLUES wants 4 etx18sp …….this is why i think it's the right move for him, if he said he was only getting 2 than i would say hell naw…..but 4 he's good
pdidy 1:04 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

probably in June cuyler gore park Brooklyn.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:09 AM - 14 May, 2015
Joee what do you know about bass? You use a 12" sub. LOL
pdidy 1:11 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
but RIDDIMNBLUES wants 4 etx18sp …….this is why i think it's the right move for him, if he said he was only getting 2 than i would say hell naw…..but 4 he's good

I know he wants the EXT for branding purposes, I was only using the VRX as an example because the result will be the same regardless of which one he chooses.....
Joee 1:14 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

lol…..i use to own two vrx918sp's…..i know bass

& no bull my rcf art 905-as's keep up with two qsc kw181's

Quote:
probably in June cuyler gore park Brooklyn.

i'm going to NY for a sweet 16 on the 24th of this month, what is your rental fee? i can leave my rcf's at home…..lol
pdidy 1:28 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
i'm going to NY for a sweet 16 on the 24th of this month, what is your rental fee? i can leave my rcf's at home…..lol

hell, dirt cheap if im free.....lol
I will even bring 4 vrx top ,4 vrx subs, 4 wireless mics and a board (for da fun of it)...
Joee 11:13 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
I will even bring 4 vrx top ,4 vrx subs, 4 wireless mics and a board (for da fun of it)...

FREE!?!?!?!?!

sign me up!!!!! 24th 7 to 11pm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:32 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

^^^^This...^^^^^
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:34 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

OMG......^^^^^^THIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS^^^^^^^
LMAO!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:35 AM - 14 May, 2015
Always tryin' to cop a 15" sub that "Sounds just as good" as an 18"...

He gets the Musique Soul Child "Lazy Eye" each time he says that.....lmao.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:39 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This can't even be possible....Forreal?

Joee, you SURE you have a Sweet 16 on a SUNDAY, because the following day is Memorial Day?

Please confirm....

I might have to come chaperone you two kids.....
Joee 11:41 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
LMAO!

man what to you know about bass, your using 15" peavey's with no sub

Quote:
Always tryin' to cop a 15" sub that "Sounds just as good" as an 18"...

He gets the Musique Soul Child "Lazy Eye" each time he says that.....lmao.

you keep joking about my 15"…..lol them jawns is right son
www.fullcompass.com
Joee 11:44 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

Joee, you SURE you have a Sweet 16 on a SUNDAY, because the following day is Memorial Day?

Please confirm....

YES!!!!

24th in NYC a sweet 16
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:54 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO!

man what to you know about bass, your using 15" peavey's with no sub

That was for a WEDDING....in a front YARD....lmao.

But wait, why could they be heard 1/4 mile away?
Joee 12:03 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

i don't know? maybe you had one of these taped to the speaker?

www.iconfinder.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:08 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i don't know? maybe you had one of these taped to the speaker?

www.iconfinder.com

Don't be mad cuz my Bedroom speakers kick azz....lmao.
Joee 12:22 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

hey ……whoever or whatever is kickin people in the azz in your bedroom is your prerogative

is that what bobby brown was talking about? "they say i'm crazy" "they say i'm nasty"
Watchwww.youtube.com

bullhorns & speakers who would have thought?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:03 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

hey ……whoever or whatever is kickin people in the azz in your bedroom is your prerogative

is that what bobby brown was talking about? "they say i'm crazy" "they say i'm nasty"
Watchwww.youtube.com

bullhorns & speakers who would have thought?

Ok, you're starting to weird me out again.....
Joee 3:12 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

ok so the venue just might be in your neck of the wood? this is were the party is i believe it's in brooklyn

Address: 16005 Cross Bay Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11414
www.romaviewcatering.com
Joee 3:14 PM - 14 May, 2015
now don't laugh pdidy but my boy wants to take one kw181 & two k12 for a 250+ guest sweet 16
pdidy 8:17 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please confirm....

My bad, just realising I misread joee's date when Johnny said memorial day weekend. I thought this was a June event. I will be returning from St. Croix that night and I have a big bbq event scheduled on the 24th of May.
Joee 8:20 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
My bad, just realising I misread joee's date when Johnny said memorial day weekend. I thought this was a June event. I will be returning from St. Croix that night and I have a big bbq event scheduled on the 24th of May

damn…….o well next time
pdidy 8:20 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
now don't laugh pdidy but my boy wants to take one kw181 & two k12 for a 250+ guest sweet 16

yep sounds like he's under powered by a lot.
pdidy 8:27 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ok so the venue just might be in your neck of the wood? this is were the party is i believe it's in brooklyn

Address: 16005 Cross Bay Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11414
www.romaviewcatering.com

It's Queens but still close by.
djattila 7:32 PM - 15 May, 2015
12 inch subs!!! Lmfao
Joee 7:45 PM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
12 inch subs!!! Lmfao

you are late to tahe party louie, that joke was 2 days ago

;-) …. wait i take that wink back you might get the wrong idea
djattila 7:50 PM - 15 May, 2015
Late as in your knowledge of sound it take it .
djattila 7:51 PM - 15 May, 2015
I'm not nut riding the forums like u all day everyday
Joee 8:20 PM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
sound it take it .

that statement makes no sense "sound it take it"

wait ……you got the wrong idea cause of the wink didn't you?

Quote:
I'm nut riding

what you ride is your business luis …..this is not that kind forum

it took another man talking about 12" to get you active on the forum again, go figure.…..lmao

nm nh nb ;-)
djattila 8:26 PM - 15 May, 2015
Go on with your gay shit somewhere else .. Good luck with your " sound reinforcement " options . I'm here to discuss subs not your toys you play with
Joee 8:47 PM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
Go on with your gay shit somewhere else

excuse me sir, i'm not the one that has a boyfriend or two or sixx or chixx or likes ……well you get the idea i don't need to say it

s1285.photobucket.com

i'm not the one wearing shirts that say "it's not a party till the sausage comes out"

s1285.photobucket.com

but ay that was a nice try mastermind aka the_black_one aka djattila aka louie heat aka mr 101 profiles on the serato forum

nm nh nb
djattila 8:48 PM - 15 May, 2015
This fool here ... Moving on
Joee 8:59 PM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
This fool here ... Moving on

your viking aviator shows your frustration! move on yes that would be best for you louie
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:03 PM - 15 May, 2015
lol....
SG SOUNDS 3:53 PM - 31 May, 2015
Finally made a decision on upgrading my beloved yorkies I'm gonna pull the trigger on 4 rcf 8004's to compliment my 2 ev etx 35's...After doing plenty homework on the etx18p,the vrx18sp and other subs i think I'm in love with the rcf's...They go way lower than the yorkies,louder,less weight and just flat out sound better...Wil order 2 this week from KPODJ and another 2 by the end of summer..Hopefully I'm set for a long time on subs..
Joee 4:04 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Finally made a decision on upgrading my beloved yorkies I'm gonna pull the trigger on 4 rcf 8004's

damn you not playing no games……lol

kpo has them for $2,300 each you can get them cheaper
Joee 4:10 PM - 31 May, 2015
@RIDDIMNBLUES do you see yourself getting these tops @ ant point down the road?
www.rcf.it

it's a sexy looking system
s26.photobucket.com

the more i look @ it the more i want it…….lol
DJ Guayo 7:00 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Finally made a decision on upgrading my beloved yorkies I'm gonna pull the trigger on 4 rcf 8004's to compliment my 2 ev etx 35's...After doing plenty homework on the etx18p,the vrx18sp and other subs i think I'm in love with the rcf's...They go way lower than the yorkies,louder,less weight and just flat out sound better...Wil order 2 this week from KPODJ and another 2 by the end of summer..Hopefully I'm set for a long time on subs..

Ah yeah!!! Those 8004s don't play around
SG SOUNDS 7:24 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Finally made a decision on upgrading my beloved yorkies I'm gonna pull the trigger on 4 rcf 8004's

damn you not playing no games……lol

kpo has them for $2,300 each you can get them cheaper

cheaper? were?
SG SOUNDS 7:26 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
@RIDDIMNBLUES do you see yourself getting these tops @ ant point down the road?
www.rcf.it

it's a sexy looking system
s26.photobucket.com

the more i look @ it the more i want it…….lol

No not really but i am looking at the rcf 745a to replace my dxr 15's
pdidy 7:27 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

a side by side A/B of the york and rcf would be nice if you dont sell the york first. im pretty sure the rcf will beat the york in every aspect but im not 100% it will win in output because the york can play higher in frequency which is why it beats most subs.
pdidy 7:31 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
cheaper? were?

ive been told you can get them for $2000ea if you have the right connection........
Joee 7:35 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
cheaper? were?

proaudiostar

Quote:
ive been told you can get them for $2000ea if you have the right connection........

yes……

theres a kicker to that tho……that speaker is heavy it cost to have it shipped,but if you spend a certain amout of money rcf will automatically drop ship it for free
SG SOUNDS 7:37 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
cheaper? were?

proaudiostar

Quote:

yes……

theres a kicker to that tho……that speaker is heavy it cost to have it shipped,but if you spend a certain amout of money rcf will automatically drop ship it for free

thanks for the info..
SG SOUNDS 7:43 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

a side by side A/B of the york and rcf would be nice if you dont sell the york first. im pretty sure the rcf will beat the york in every aspect but im not 100% it will win in output because the york can play higher in frequency which is why it beats most subs.

I was told thier louder in output without the boomness...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:09 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
[ I was told they'relouder in output without the boomness...

That's what I think the ETX's have...more boomy vs. punch....
SG SOUNDS 8:27 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The rcf's are louder than the etx subs also lighter 112lbs vs 129lbs
Joee 8:30 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

here wasn't herring it, he wanted ev subs to match the zxa5
SG SOUNDS 8:35 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

is that the dude that cant decide between the Zxa5's or the rcf 745a?
Joee 8:38 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

if you mean did he make this thread serato.com

yes he is, but he did finally buy those speakers ,he got etx18sp & zxa5
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:41 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I made up my mind in JANUARY....

Joee* is the one who couldn't fanthom me getting ZXA5's over RCF's....

You know.....

where he works....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:43 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The ETX's are 114 lbs...not 129lbs..

That's shipping weight.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:47 PM - 31 May, 2015
There's a 2 lb difference.
Joee 8:58 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I made up my mind in JANUARY....

Joee* is the one who couldn't fanthom me getting ZXA5's over RCF's....

You know.....

where he works....

lol

you are too funny………so do i also work for yamaha or qsc part time since also recommended DXR15 & the KW181?

i also recommended you consider the etx15p…..i must also work for ev too?

C'mon Son…..don't only give bits and pieces of info just to support your argument
SG SOUNDS 9:01 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

Yes you are right my mistake...but made up my mind going with the rcf's
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:05 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yes you are right my mistake...but made up my mind going with the rcf's

Excellent choice! I didn't have the money to go the RCF route.....

They've made quality top of the line Subs for YEARS....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:06 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
C'mon Son…..don't only give bits and pieces of info just to support your argument

Then you should put up a disclaimer that you most times are GUESSING....

or just don't know what you're talking about....
Joee 9:14 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Then you should put up a disclaimer that you most times are GUESSING....

or just don't know what you're talking about....

lmao

you sound like you still mad, do you need another day or two to get over it?

i don't know nothing……lol, thats why i bought my zxa5's when they first came out
Quote:
Excellent choice! I didn't have the money to go the RCF route.....

They've made quality top of the line Subs for YEARS....

now rcf is a excellent choice ……you said the opposite said you wouldn't buy rcf because your guy told you parts were hard to get for them

lol…...
SG SOUNDS 9:15 PM - 31 May, 2015
And between the zxa5's and the rcf 745a i would go rcf's all the way..The rcf's is a better sounding speaker and it pounds hard just like the zxa5's...the extra output the zxa5's have is extra output that you don't want to hear trust me it don't sound good when you have a screaming zxa5 plus its almost certain you will blow the speakers..

The bigger voice coil and protection from the rcfs is a no brainer
Joee 9:18 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
And between the zxa5's and the rcf 745a

we just might do a shoot out between these two later this month

Quote:
extra output that you don't want to hear trust me it don't sound good when you have a screaming zxa5

+1 as good as they sound they get harsh pretty quick at higher spl
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:20 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
you sound like you still mad, do you need another day or two to get over it?

You mistake me giving Zero f*cks with you thinking someone is mad....lmao.

Quote:
i don't know nothing……lol, thats why i bought my zxa5's when they first came out

So? You were notorious for buying stuff - JUST because.....Doesn't mean you know sh*t...lol.

Quote:
now rcf is a excellent choice ……you said the opposite said you wouldn't buy rcf because your guy told you parts were hard to get for them

And here you go AGAIN makin up sh*t.

I never said the "Opposite" of RCF's being an "Excellent Choice", they could be and "YES" according to my dude, the replacement parts are almost impossible to get....Ain't nuffin' changed...

smh....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:21 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
And between the zxa5's and the rcf 745a

we just might do a shoot out between these two later this month

Why even DO that?

Aren't you convinced that the RCF 745A is a much better speaker?

Just go out and GET IT, like you did the ZXA5.....
Joee 9:29 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Zero f*cks

www.reactionface.info

Quote:
Just go out and GET IT, like you did the ZXA5....

i don't use 15" any more i now use 12" don't need it

i do want it tho , but yea--> www.reactionface.info
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:33 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
i don't use 15" any more i now use 12" don't need it

LMAO @ 12" subs....

And again, don't mistake lack of caring for emotion...
Joee 9:38 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
LMAO @ 12" subs....

you do realize that when you have subs a 12" top provides better sound vs a 15" top

you do know that right? even pdidy uses 12" if i'm not mistaken he already sold his zxa5's
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:39 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
you do realize ...

I...
Don't..
Care....

lmao.
Joee 9:42 PM - 31 May, 2015
desmorider 1:02 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ev's weigh 114lbs. shipping weight is 129
DJ Guayo 5:50 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just wanted to report back on my two (2) HD32as and two (2) 8004s. I had a gig on Sunday with about 250 guests. I was running my Rane 62 into an Allen and Heath Zed 10FX. Everything on the Allen and Heath was running unity and Rane's master gain at 3 o'clock (8 on the mixer and RCFs were set at 12 o'clock (unity gain). Ran it there for about two songs before the venue told me to turn it down. They said it was too loud and too much bass. I gave them this wtf kinda of look cause they venue was in the middle of nowhere with the closest building about 5 miles away. I didnt get a chance to do a walk around to hear the output. I did notice people were dancing further away from the speakers than usual. Lulz. I will try again this weekend.
Joee 5:52 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Just wanted to report back on my two (2) HD32as and two (2) 8004s. I had a gig on Sunday with about 250 guests. I was running my Rane 62 into an Allen and Heath Zed 10FX. Everything on the Allen and Heath was running unity and Rane's master gain at 3 o'clock (8 on the mixer and RCFs were set at 12 o'clock (unity gain). Ran it there for about two songs before the venue told me to turn it down. They said it was too loud and too much bass. I gave them this wtf kinda of look cause they venue was in the middle of nowhere with the closest building about 5 miles away. I didnt get a chance to do a walk around to hear the output. I did notice people were dancing further away from the speakers than usual. Lulz. I will try again this weekend.

lol

NICE!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:59 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Everything on the Allen and Heath was running unity

Cool, got any detailed info on those settings?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:03 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

he wasn't herring it, he wanted ev subs to match the zxa5

And here's a perfect example of you NOT knowing what you're talking about....

So you were BASICALLY agreeing that the subs were 129lbs..

When in reality...
Quote:
ev's weigh 114lbs. shipping weight is 129

And
Quote:
 6 6:05 PM - 2 June, 2015
Johnny is on a mission! lol

nm
Joee 6:07 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

When in reality...

dude…you are too funny

i was agreeing with him about the rcf 8004-as being a better sub than the etx18sp

i'm not mastermind, i don't know how many times i have to tell you that
DJ Guayo 6:07 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I got you home slice.... I was running the ST2 gain at 12 o'clock (0), level 2 o'clock (0) and the Main Mix at 2 o'clock (0).
Joee 6:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Johnny is on a mission! lol

nm

i made him mad, when i said i could book a event take a cut & he would probably still make more than he usually does

because i book those upscale gigs that he's trying now pursue …..meanwhile I've been doing said gigs for over 10 years now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:14 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

When in reality...

dude…you are too funny

i was agreeing with him about the rcf 8004-as being a better sub than the etx18sp

i'm not mastermind, i don't know how many times i have to tell you that

Nah bruh, you SPECIFICALLY said
Quote:
he wasn't herring (hearing) it, he wanted ev subs to match the zxa5

That was a SPECIFIC JAB at me to TRY and support your INCORRECT claim about the weight....

smh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:15 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got you home slice.... I was running the ST2 gain at 12 o'clock (0), level 2 o'clock (0) and the Main Mix at 2 o'clock (0).

NICE! Thank you for the FACTS!

I was specifically interested in ST1/2....

Nice talking to cats who actually OWN the devices!
Joee 6:16 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
That was a SPECIFIC JAB at me to TRY and support your INCORRECT claim about the weight....

smh.

wrong
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:18 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
i made him mad, when i said i could book a event take a cut & he would probably still make more than he usually does

because i book those upscale gigs that he's trying now pursue …..meanwhile I've been doing said gigs for over 10 years now

LMAO @ Making me "Mad"...

I'm not "Trying" to pursue anything bruh...

YOU'RE the one who has to take "Every" gig thrown at him....lmao.

We already went thru the Paycheck pissing contest, and each time YOU LOSE....

Plus I've been doing gigs since you were a COMMA(,)...LOL...Now you're a full grown Asterisk (*)....lmao.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:19 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

smh.

wrong

Wait, so I can't tell you what YOU were thinking now?

Pot meet Kettle....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:23 PM - 2 June, 2015
I want to exercise my right to use Joee* Privilege when I get good and ready to TELL someone what THEY'RE thinking.....
 6 6:25 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I want to exercise my right to use Joee* Privilege when I get good and ready to TELL someone what THEY'RE thinking.....

hahaha

nm
Joee 6:32 PM - 2 June, 2015
COM o DEE
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:34 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
COM o DEE

Quote:
was up zxa5 <insert random speaker brand name here> man…….you going to bring your ball back to the play grown? or are you still mad :-(
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:02 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir..

Was your EQ on that board flat?
Joee 7:02 PM - 2 June, 2015
you are straight eddy murphying it
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:03 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Dude, we're past you....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:03 PM - 2 June, 2015
And you even spelled "Eddie" wrong....
Joee 7:13 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, we're past you....

and yet you keep typing

Quote:
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:14 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, we're past you....

and yet you keep typing

Quote:

That's my Privilege!
Rebelguy 7:16 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Out of curiosity, unless you are running multiple mics why run a $1700 mixer like the Sixty Two into a $300 Allen & Heath Mixer? I am pretty sure the rane mixer sounds better. This is not to talk shit...it's a real question.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:18 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Out of curiosity, unless you are running multiple mics why run a $1700 mixer like the Sixty Two into a $300 Allen & Heath Mixer? I am pretty sure the rane mixer sounds better. This is not to talk shit...it's a real question.

In my OPINION, you should always have an Outboard mixer (or preamp) to control and contour the sound before going into amps....

That way, when you need more volume, and based on gain structure, you don't have to turn up the Rane...

All the headroom would be located in the Outboard mixer.
Joee 7:18 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
That's my Privilege!

you are correct you are a Privilege member of the zxa5 club

welcome …..albeit late but welcome
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:21 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
That's my Privilege!

That's PrivilegeD...

With you being "set for life" and all you should consider going back to Grammar/Elementary School and tighten up a few things....
 6 7:24 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's my Privilege!

That's PrivilegeD...

With you being "set for life" and all you should consider going back to Grammar/Elementary School and tighten up a few things....

You know... I've suggested this countless times.

nm
Joee 7:26 PM - 2 June, 2015
why?

can you explain this?

i'm just guessing what this word means

please tell me more about Privilege vs PrivilegeD
Joee 7:26 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

you should call a penalty for not being original
pdidy 7:28 PM - 2 June, 2015
Untracking
Joee 7:30 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Untracking

another one?

you guys are on a roll!
 6 7:31 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

funny thing is I ALMOST did....

lol

nm
Joee 7:33 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

funny thing is I ALMOST did....

lol

nm

Yo…..you really made me lol, right now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:33 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

In my OPINION, you should always have an Outboard mixer (or preamp) to control and contour the sound before going into amps....

That way, when you need more volume, and based on gain structure, you don't have to turn up the Rane...

All the headroom would be located in the Outboard mixer.
Joee 7:39 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Agreed with pdidy

another

DAMN

quadruple

you guys are on it…...
Joee 7:48 PM - 2 June, 2015
@Taipanic i just realized you started this thread

my bad dude…..i honestly thought that all three threads were stared buy JM

i figured if he wants to derail his own thread lets do it

my apologies sir & your correct these threads are helpful ……until the shenanigans start
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:03 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
i figured if he wants to derail his own thread lets do it

And there it is folks...

Nothing else to be said.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:07 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Agreed with pdidy

I've been trolled....Foiled again.
Joee 8:08 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I've been trolled....Foiled again.

i "guessing" your just maybe right
DJ Guayo 8:14 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I had to run two microphones for this event. Multiple MCs going on.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:20 PM - 2 June, 2015
So you guys PREFER to go straight from the mixer into the speakers / amps without an Outboard Mixer / Preamp?
Joee 8:20 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I had to run two microphones for this event. Multiple MCs going on.

why a $1,600 mixer only has one mic input is beyond me
Taipanic 8:24 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
So you guys PREFER to go straight from the mixer into the speakers / amps without an Outboard Mixer / Preamp?

I usually do but it depends on what equipment is being used. My DDJ-SZ has a hot enough output and EQ that I don't need to run the outboard mixer, only if I need extra mics or connecting multiple DJ rigs or band equipment.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:25 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I usually do but it depends on what equipment is being used. My DDJ-SZ has a hot enough output and EQ that I don't need to run the outboard mixer, only if I need extra mics or connecting multiple DJ rigs or band equipment.

I guess I just have a problem with setting the "Overall" EQ on the Rane...I always want that to be flat.
Joee 8:27 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

thank you ,when i said i did this with my rane 62 people i'm not saying any name put me thru the ringer

even thou they didn't own a 62

just saying…..the output from the mixer is great
DJ Dynamight 8:37 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess I just have a problem with setting the "Overall" EQ on the Rane...I always want that to be flat.

+1
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:39 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
My DDJ-SZ has a hot enough output and EQ that I don't need to run the outboard mixer,

So you EQ your entire system from your DJ Mixing board....
DJ Dynamight 8:52 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

My preference would be to go FROM the outboard mixer TO the Aux input of the DJ mixer (for recording purposes via USB). MASTER out of the mixer to powered tops (which has a DSP), and BOOTH out to DriveRack, then to amp for passive subs.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:57 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

My preference would be to go FROM the outboard mixer TO the Aux input of the DJ mixer (for recording purposes via USB). MASTER out of the mixer to powered tops (which has a DSP), and BOOTH out to DriveRack, then to amp for passive subs.

Interesting...

So you still ultimately go from Master Output of mixer to Powered Tops, and Booth out (also of the mixer) to Passive chain...

So what did y'all do before these mixers or Controllers with high output?

I still need something between the mixer and amp section....
DJ Dynamight 10:22 PM - 2 June, 2015
Sure, before I got powered speakers 15 years ago when the Mackie SRM450 and SRS1500 came out, I had a full rack with a mixer, EQ, compressor/limiter, crossover before the signal made it to the amp. www.djdynamight.com

But the beauty of powered speakers is the simplicity. Just plug it in and rock out. Sure, having an outboard mixer or EQ is great to tailor the sound, but in most of my cases, it's not necessary to use. I have found that coloring the sound too much causes powered speakers to clip/limit prematurely.
Joee 10:25 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
But the beauty of powered speakers is the simplicity. Just plug it in and rock out

+1

this is exactly what i said, than people were putting me thru the ringer ,even tho they didn't own powered speakers ……
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:27 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Sure, before I got powered speakers 15 years ago when the Mackie SRM450 and SRS1500 came out, I had a full rack with a mixer, EQ, compressor/limiter, crossover before the signal made it to the amp. www.djdynamight.com

But the beauty of powered speakers is the simplicity. Just plug it in and rock out. Sure, having an outboard mixer or EQ is great to tailor the sound, but in most of my cases, it's not necessary to use. I have found that coloring the sound too much causes powered speakers to clip/limit prematurely.

Correct!

But we all know, if cats are SERIOUS about their sound, they'll make sure the correct components are in the audio chain.

Any sound pro will tell you that.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:28 PM - 2 June, 2015
And making sure the sound chain is properly taken care of has absolutely NOTHING to do with Powered speakers...

That's PA sound 101.
Rebelguy 12:35 AM - 3 June, 2015
The Rane 62 is a pretty high end mixer. The quality of the internal components is way better than anything present in the Zed 10. Unless you are running multiple mics (which you could just use a line mixer to feed into the Rane) then I can't see any benefit of going mixer to mixer unless you were just controlling overall volume.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:41 AM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
unless you were just controlling overall volume.

Correct, the HOUSE volume shouldn't be controlled by the DJ mixer....
DJ Guayo 1:02 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
The Rane 62 is a pretty high end mixer. The quality of the internal components is way better than anything present in the Zed 10. Unless you are running multiple mics (which you could just use a line mixer to feed into the Rane) then I can't see any benefit of going mixer to mixer unless you were just controlling overall volume.

The Zed 10 has some of the same components of their big brother Allen and Heath mixers. Their larger units are well respected among sound pros.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:17 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The Zed 10 has some of the same components of their big brother Allen and Heath mixers. Their larger units are well respected among sound pros.

And the truth is that you really just need a mechanism to AMPLIFY the sound, not necessarily color it.

I've seen some mixers actually have their OUTPUT REDUCED when you connect them directly to amps and whatnot due to the resistance of said device, which can either do potential damage to the mixer, sound quality or both.

Line level Outboard mixers are designed to take what you have and properly amplify it.

To each his own though.
SG SOUNDS 1:23 PM - 3 June, 2015
I personally always run my rane 62 through my Allen & Heath zed 14 mixer....headroom for days...i leave the eq on the 62 flat and eq from the zed 14..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
I personally always run my rane 62 through my Allen & Heath zed 14 mixer....headroom for days...i leave the eq on the 62 flat and eq from the zed 14..

Say that again, they didn't hear you the first time....
DJ Guayo 12:57 AM - 15 June, 2015
Had an event at The Houstonian here in Houston last night. Speakers took out a couple of light fixtures. I'm just glad they didn't hit anyone on the head.
DJ Guayo 8:06 PM - 16 June, 2015
Oh snap... I'm pearland too. small world.
DJ SL1 1:12 PM - 6 July, 2016
So I just sold my EV elx tops and bottoms. I loved them they were great but wanted to get the JBL PRX series. So my question is now that I have these, what are the recommended settings and wire routing I should do? I have 2 PRX715 and 1 PRX718xlf until I get my other one in a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.