Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

SDJ 1.6 + SL3 + CDJ-2000 various issues

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
easyG 1:47 PM - 8 February, 2014
Hi

I'm a long time SSL user. After reading that in SDJ the HID skipping issue is fixed I decided to try SDJ out. And true that, no skipping what so ever after 5 hour intensive play. But there my positive emotions end...

1) Cue button problem.
After loading/setting a cue point the cue button soon starts to flash. When I press cue again to set the cue, after a few seconds it starts to flash again. In fact in 5 hours there was not one song where I didn't have this issue. It happened on both CDJ-2000s (firmware 4.2). It seems that this issue is bass vibration related. When I played a song that had not that much bass, the flashing was tolerable, but with strong bass tracks the cue button just went nuts. In the software it's also visible that the waveform slightly moves as the cue starts to flash. I tried vinyl/cdj mode, turned the jog wheel to max heavy... nothing helped. This never happened in SSL when using HID.

A video speaks more than 1000 words > we.tl

2) Track speed mismatch + floating tempo.
For example. In SSL when I set a track (with CDJ-2000) on one deck to 126,0 bpm and the other to 126,0 as well, they were always spot on. Very few times when I had to use the platters to adjust something. Now in SDJ, when both decks are set to 126,0 the beat doesn't match. Again, I had 5 hours to test this, many-many different tracks. What's funny is when I beat-matched the tracks together, the correct bpm seemed to change all the time. At one time it was 126,2. When I pressed play again I had to adjust the speed to 126,3. Next time 126,1. So when I went live with the mix I didn't know what to expect. You get the picture, I hope. Maybe this issue is related to the bass vibration as well.

3) Looping.
In SSL when I made a loop it always was perfect. Yesterday with SDJ, it was very few times when the loop was right at the first time. I had to adjust the in and out point manually. Also the loop cutter didn't work.

PS. A little suggestion, maybe you should add CDJ's to the Pioneer hardware list. Right now I have to select some other gear to get a help topic started.

Thanks.
Marqs 3:09 PM - 8 February, 2014
+1 Been there, done (seen) that.

Note to developers: These issues need a thorough testing in a nightclub situation and a quick fixing. Otherwise HID mode is basically unusable in a not ideal clubbing situation.

I don't know, put a CDJ on the sub speaker and test away. I'm sure you find the same results that were described in an opening post of this discussion.
easyG 7:40 PM - 10 February, 2014
Bump
DJ Swell 1:48 AM - 11 February, 2014
Same findings here as well.
DJ Swell 1:56 AM - 11 February, 2014
I am also a longtime SSL user. My setup is similar. I use a DJM-2000 (non nexus), 2x CDJ-2000s (non nexus) and a SL4. I also bought a 9port USB hub for the mixer, CDJs, and my usb3.0 hard drive. I don't use time code but instead opt for the HID mode for the features that it "used to" enable in SSL.

In pre-testing SDJ1.6 at home, I only noticed that the 4beat auto loop/loop cutter button feature did not work. To set a loop I had to do it manually. Kinda disappointing.

However, in the loud club environment (aka real world) I found that the platters did occasionally skip around causing very undesirable effects. I'll be posting this in a bug fix/feature request for a future update.
easyG 8:52 PM - 11 February, 2014
It would be nice to get some feedback from Serato to this...
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:13 PM - 16 February, 2014
Hi easyG,

Sorry to hear you are hearing that you are having these problems. I'll try and help with your questions, and clear things up.

Quote:
1) Cue button problem.
After loading/setting a cue point the cue button soon starts to flash. When I press cue again to set the cue, after a few seconds it starts to flash again. In fact in 5 hours there was not one song where I didn't have this issue. It happened on both CDJ-2000s (firmware 4.2). It seems that this issue is bass vibration related. When I played a song that had not that much bass, the flashing was tolerable, but with strong bass tracks the cue button just went nuts. In the software it's also visible that the waveform slightly moves as the cue starts to flash. I tried vinyl/cdj mode, turned the jog wheel to max heavy... nothing helped. This never happened in SSL when using HID.

This is a known issue and should be getting fixed in an upcoming release.

Quote:
For example. In SSL when I set a track (with CDJ-2000) on one deck to 126,0 bpm and the other to 126,0 as well, they were always spot on. Very few times when I had to use the platters to adjust something. Now in SDJ, when both decks are set to 126,0 the beat doesn't match. Again, I had 5 hours to test this, many-many different tracks. What's funny is when I beat-matched the tracks together, the correct bpm seemed to change all the time. At one time it was 126,2. When I pressed play again I had to adjust the speed to 126,3. Next time 126,1. So when I went live with the mix I didn't know what to expect. You get the picture, I hope. Maybe this issue is related to the bass vibration as well.

Are you using beatgrids on these tracks? Can you let me know if you are able to isolate the issue to the files or something with the CDJ's. If its track specific upload a couple and i'll try and identify the problem.

Quote:
3) Looping.
In SSL when I made a loop it always was perfect. Yesterday with SDJ, it was very few times when the loop was right at the first time. I had to adjust the in and out point manually. Also the loop cutter didn't work.

I think my previous answer applies to this question too. I'm interested in knowing how you are preparing your tracks. If you are using Beat grids, these should be spot on. If you are using tempo sync, the loops are going to snap to transients and may be off.

Quote:
PS. A little suggestion, maybe you should add CDJ's to the Pioneer hardware list. Right now I have to select some other gear to get a help topic started.

If you select the interface you are using this will help us understand the set up you have.
Still, you have a good point :)

Regards,

Matt P
easyG 8:38 AM - 17 February, 2014
Hi Matt P,

Quote:
Are you using beatgrids on these tracks? Can you let me know if you are able to isolate the issue to the files or something with the CDJ's. If its track specific upload a couple and i'll try and identify the problem.

Yes, I used beatgrids. I scanned my whole library the night before the gig. Those two issues (track speed mismatch + floating tempo) are not track specific. It happened all night long. It didn't matter if the sync was on or off, if quantize was on or off. It can't also be the CDJ's fault, because it happened on both decks. A few nights back I played at the same venue with the same CDJ's using SSL and timecode. No such issues at all. Could it be that the vibration is also responsible for these two issues (like it affects the CUE button)?

Quote:
I think my previous answer applies to this question too. I'm interested in knowing how you are preparing your tracks. If you are using Beat grids, these should be spot on. If you are using tempo sync, the loops are going to snap to transients and may be off.

Like I said I re-scanned my whole library with SDJ the night before the gig. I didn't adjust anything manually.
So if the sync is off, quantize is off the loop still snaps to beatgrid? I'm not sure it does. Because when I created several same length loops they always ended up differently. If they are dependent on beatgrid that should not happen. How did SSL always do a loop that was perfect, there were no beatgrids whatsoever?
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:28 PM - 17 February, 2014
Hi easyG,

Quote:
Yes, I used beatgrids. I scanned my whole library the night before the gig. Those two issues (track speed mismatch + floating tempo) are not track specific. It happened all night long. It didn't matter if the sync was on or off, if quantize was on or off. It can't also be the CDJ's fault, because it happened on both decks. A few nights back I played at the same venue with the same CDJ's using SSL and timecode. No such issues at all. Could it be that the vibration is also responsible for these two issues (like it affects the CUE button)?

Ok, then yes i'd like to know if you can test in a different environment to eliminate the possibility of bass vibrations affecting the cdj's.

Quote:
So if the sync is off, quantize is off the loop still snaps to beatgrid? I'm not sure it does. Because when I created several same length loops they always ended up differently. If they are dependent on beatgrid that should not happen. How did SSL always do a loop that was perfect, there were no beatgrids whatsoever?

If sync is off or in simple sync mode it snaps to transients and will look for peaks in the waveform that represent beats and match up to the analyzed tempo. Much the same way sync does in "Simple sync" mode. Its not perfect, but it is pretty good. SSL uses this same process. You will have to still edit loops in both programs from time to time, especially if you aren't using quantized music.

Matt P
easyG 1:57 PM - 18 February, 2014
Hi Matt P,

Quote:
Ok, then yes i'd like to know if you can test in a different environment to eliminate the possibility of bass vibrations affecting the cdj's.

Sorry, I don't have the possibility to test this.

Quote:
If sync is off or in simple sync mode it snaps to transients and will look for peaks in the waveform that represent beats and match up to the analyzed tempo. Much the same way sync does in "Simple sync" mode. Its not perfect, but it is pretty good. SSL uses this same process. You will have to still edit loops in both programs from time to time, especially if you aren't using quantized music.

Thanks for the info.
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:11 PM - 20 February, 2014
hi easyG,

If you can't test, then lets eliminate the possibility of a bad connection with your HUB. I assume you are using a Powered USB Hub, correct?

Can you try connecting the CDJ directly to the computer and tell me if you have this problem still

Regards

Matt P
easyG 9:25 AM - 21 February, 2014
Quote:
hi easyG,

If you can't test, then lets eliminate the possibility of a bad connection with your HUB. I assume you are using a Powered USB Hub, correct?

Can you try connecting the CDJ directly to the computer and tell me if you have this problem still

Regards

Matt P

Hi Matt P,

Yes, I'm using a powered USB hub. I've used the same hub with SSL, so I can't see that this can be the hubs fault.

I'm sorry but I can't test your suggestion as I go to the club when my gig starts. So I have no time for testing. What I can tell you is that I've used those same CDJ's with SSL (HID) once in the past and I had no such issues. I had the same skipping issue which is known in SSL, but none of those problems described above.
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:56 AM - 28 February, 2014
Hi easyG,

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for other users with this problem, for now i'm not familiar with this being a widespread issue.

If you do happen to get a chance to test, I'd be really keen to hear how it goes.

Regards

Matt P
7:01 AM, 14 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
easyG 12:37 PM - 29 May, 2014
Hi!

I haven't used SDJ since I had those problems described in the first post. There are been a few updates to SDJ since, so I'd like to know whats the situation:

1) Cue button problem.
Quote:

Is this problem fixed?

Quote:

As this problem was not known before. Has anyone experienced something similar since?

Thank you.
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:35 AM - 3 June, 2014
Hi easyG,

These problems should be fixed and if not it may be related to the touch strip
I have been using HiD mode for a couple weeks on the road and didn't experience either of these problems.

let me know if you are still having them though. We need to know.

Matt P
easyG 8:17 AM - 8 September, 2014
Hi

Last Friday I thought I would give SDJ 1.7 a try. I tested 1.7 before club doors were opened. And my experience was not good. I don't know about the other problems (which I describe in the first post in this topic), because I didn't have the time to test them, but the CUE flashing problem still exists. With low volume all was good, when I turned the sound system up, the CUE started flashing. So I switched back to SSL.

So this CUE button problem is certainly not fixed.

Thank you.
Oscar Troya 3:51 AM - 11 September, 2014
I have the exact same problem with the loop. SSL always loops perfectly with the bpm while SDJ doesn't. The tracks where analyzed before being loaded.

About the cue problem: years ago I played in a club with a pair of CDJ's 1000 mk3 and both of the cue/play buttons were broken, the small switches below the plastic buttons didn't have the click that they normally have, it may be the result of applying too much pressure over and over. So each time the bass moved the cdjs, the buttons got pressed because not much pressure was needed to activate them.
easyG 12:56 PM - 11 September, 2014
Quote:
About the cue problem: years ago I played in a club with a pair of CDJ's 1000 mk3 and both of the cue/play buttons were broken, the small switches below the plastic buttons didn't have the click that they normally have, it may be the result of applying too much pressure over and over. So each time the bass moved the cdjs, the buttons got pressed because not much pressure was needed to activate them.

That's not the case with me. After trying 1.7 I switched back to SSL and timecode. No CUE button problems whatsoever.
easyG 8:53 AM - 2 October, 2014
Hi. Serato, any feedback on this?
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:54 PM - 2 October, 2014
Hi easyG,

No word on this, We will be working on this with pioneer to remedy this soon.

Just to clarify, this is limited to the cue button, and not the play button as well?

Regards

Matt P
easyG 7:42 AM - 3 October, 2014
Quote:
Hi easyG,

No word on this, We will be working on this with pioneer to remedy this soon.

Just to clarify, this is limited to the cue button, and not the play button as well?

Regards

Matt P

Hi Matt P,

Yes, this problem is only with the CUE button.

Best regards.
dj-freestyle 4:21 PM - 21 October, 2014
Try the new beta. maybe a fix there.
djCanta 11:14 AM - 28 October, 2014
I always trust on my DDJ-SP1 for my hot cue's / loops etc. not on the CDJ buttons because, when a CDJ is part lame it won't work like you expect. It is a problem when they don't repair them on time.
easyG 9:30 AM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
easyG 10:17 AM - 8 September, 2014

Last Friday I thought I would give SDJ 1.7 a try. I tested 1.7 before club doors were opened. And my experience was not good. I don't know about the other problems (which I describe in the first post in this topic), because I didn't have the time to test them, but the CUE flashing problem still exists. With low volume all was good, when I turned the sound system up, the CUE started flashing. So I switched back to SSL.

Hi

Half a year has passed. Now there's a 1.7.4 beta version out.

My question, is the CUE button problem fixed?

Best regards
BriChi 1:16 PM - 19 March, 2015
its crazy the vibration issues are still present too, a few of my friends had this along with jittery graphics and gave up, they just use flash drive or link to RB on the laptop, sold serato boxes. Its sad Serato is losing customers due to the most popular layers not working right in HID mode, I would thing that would be priority
deejdave 12:43 AM - 6 April, 2015
I have not had the vibration issue/s since SSL. TBH since SDJ 1.7 final it has been utter bliss with the HID players aside from some small changes I would like that are really all pre-performance setup options. As far as the jumpy/jittery platter LED's etc. that was all fixed via 1.7 for me.
Jowell 6:35 PM - 6 July, 2015
Hi
i Own a pioneer ddj sx and serato dj. But when i go to the clubs i would want to use the club standered players ( mostly pioneers) so i was thinking of buying the new serato club kit but since i own the serato software i just wanted to be sure do i really need to buy the kit or just the DVS pack? yes i don't want to go at club with the controller. as i want to go only with my laptop and a few cables if required.
thanks
Jowell pereira
deejdave 10:41 PM - 6 July, 2015
What do you plan to use the Pioneer players with though. Keep in mind a supported interface must still be used as the players are not supported themselves but are instead official accessories.

Furthermore the Club kit consists of two parts as you seemingly know. The SDJ upgrade can be used by itself if you plan to use the players in HID mode only and do not need any thru features like Record. If you wish to use any DVS devices or record you will need the DVS expansion part as well.
Jowell 9:39 AM - 7 July, 2015
Ok this is what I know how its supposed to work
1) if I buy the club kit I don need to buy the SL interfaces. Meaning just buy the club kit go to the club plug n play with supported mixers. Also I hope when I connect the USB cable from my laptop to mixer hope I getting the control on the cdj players too..
2) I have this ddj-sx with serato so would serato work directly with the supporter players n mixers without the interface in hid mode as I don't want to record n stuff all I want is to go n play my music
3) also can I know what other functions does hid mode don have..??
WarpNote 10:23 AM - 7 July, 2015
Jowell, you might wanna check out this video. each CDJ need to be connected to your computer with a USB cable to work in HID. So you probably wanna get a USB hub.
-> djtechtools.com

Functions depend on the actual players.
CDJ2000, CDJ900, CDJ850, XDJ1000 etc all have different feature sets.
Jowell 6:05 PM - 7 July, 2015
i use PC so i guess i don need a cdj aggreagtor right..?
n ya i want to use serato and not traktor , so in that case the only way for me is to buy a hardware i believe or even a club kit will do coz most clubs have the pioneer supported by kit
thanks
WarpNote 8:09 PM - 7 July, 2015
Quote:
i use PC so i guess i don need a cdj aggreagtor right..?
Correct, there is no support for the cdj aggrivator in SDJ either way.

1. For actual sound output, you need any of these mixers or interfaces -> serato.com (Hoover over each, "upgrade ready" means club kit, "enabled" means just that, the "license" will is embedded in the hardware itself/unlocks the software. )

2. For HID, you need any of these players: Pioneer CDJ-2000, Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS, Pioneer CDJ-850, Pioneer CDJ-900, Pioneer CDJ-900NXS, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Pioneer XDJ-1000.

3. If you're not sure what the club(s) youre playing has installed, you need to find out. You might wanna get an interface as a backup, cheapest option being Rane SL2 or Denon DS1, or even a used Rane SL1 with SSL (Same music library.) It's always good to have a backup plan. Maybe you have some buddies that could lend you...
easyG 6:02 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
easyG 10:17 AM - 8 September, 2014

Hi

Half a year has passed. Now there's a 1.7.4 beta version out.

My question, is the CUE button problem fixed?

Best regards

Hi

Is anybody still having any vibration issues when using SDJ in HID mode? I last tried the version 1.7.
It would be nice if someone from Serato would answer too.

Thank you.
WarpNote 6:05 PM - 1 October, 2015
@easyG, I've had no vibration issues with versions 1.7.6, 1.7.7 & 1.7.8
I've used HID with cdj 850, 2000 & 2000nxs
easyG 6:22 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
@easyG, I've had no vibration issues with versions 1.7.6, 1.7.7 & 1.7.8
I've used HID with cdj 850, 2000 & 2000nxs

That's good to hear.
Can I ask, before 1.7.6 what problems were you having exactly?
WarpNote 6:28 PM - 1 October, 2015
I did not have problems before that either (both using SDJ and SSL), but I did not run HID mode so much back then, as I normally ran turntable setups...
easyG 6:48 PM - 1 October, 2015
Would still like if someone from Serato would comment on these issues.
WarpNote 7:52 PM - 1 October, 2015
I do know that they did work to optimise this issue. And I haven't heard of any having it lately.
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:22 AM - 3 October, 2015
Hey Easy,

We haven't had any reports of Vibration issues since we put the work in to fix them, are you still having problems?

MP
easyG 7:06 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Hey Easy,

We haven't had any reports of Vibration issues since we put the work in to fix them, are you still having problems?

MP

Hi Matt!

I still use SSL, but I will give SDJ a try again. Thanks for the info.
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:29 AM - 5 October, 2015
easyG,

You're breaking my heart man, you gotta get on the SDJ wave, i'm telling you there is really no reason not to, if you are on the CDJ's. So much more. Plus thats where all the fixes are too.

Let me know how its going.

MP
easyG 1:59 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
easyG,

You're breaking my heart man, you gotta get on the SDJ wave, i'm telling you there is really no reason not to, if you are on the CDJ's. So much more. Plus thats where all the fixes are too.

Let me know how its going.

MP

Hi Matt P,

I decided to take your advice and try again a newer version of SDJ (1.7.8). Setup was 2x CDJ-2000 in HID + DJM-2000. I used a powered USB hub to connect CDJ's to my Macbook Air. So my experience of the full night:

1) Cue button problem.
Still exists. No improvement there. It is directly connected to the vibration. I would say that the vibration in the booth was normal. I made a video to describe the CUE problem. There you can see that it is all connected to the bass. Both players behaved the same. CDJ's firmware was up to date (4.3.3).
I tried both modes (CDJ/Vinyl), no difference.

No such problems yesterday.

3) Looping.
Everything worked fine, but I would still love if the looping would be like it is in SSL when in HID. In SSL the loops were always spot on. In SDJ it is all manual. If i don't get the loop perfect then...
I don't know, maybe if I scanned all my tracks in SDJ all over so they all get beatgrids and when quantize is ON maybe then the looping would work like it is in SSL. Though SSL didn't have any beatgrids...

All in all the experience was good. If the CUE problem got fixed and looping improved, SDJ would be better than SSL. :)

easyG
2:01 PM, 10 Oct 2015
easyG attached a file: SDJ_1.7.8_CUE_problem.mp4
Download· Permalink
deejdave 11:46 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
I don't know, maybe if I scanned all my tracks in SDJ all over so they all get beatgrids and when quantize is ON maybe then the looping would work like it is in SSL. Though SSL didn't have any beatgrids

It certainly does make a difference in so many things and Scratch Live certainly did have beat grids. All it took was using the bridge once and the beat grids were forever implemented that day forward.

Checkin your video now though :)
deejdave 11:46 PM - 10 October, 2015
NVRMD access denied LOL.
easyG 8:49 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
It certainly does make a difference in so many things and Scratch Live certainly did have beat grids. All it took was using the bridge once and the beat grids were forever implemented that day forward.

Checkin your video now though :)

I didn't/don't use bridge. Despite that looping worked perfectly in SSL.
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:05 PM - 14 October, 2015
deejdave,

Made it available for you to see

MP
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:07 PM - 14 October, 2015
easyG,

I'm gonna check your vid now too, but as far as this goes

Quote:
3) Looping.
Everything worked fine, but I would still love if the looping would be like it is in SSL when in HID. In SSL the loops were always spot on. In SDJ it is all manual. If i don't get the loop perfect then...
I don't know, maybe if I scanned all my tracks in SDJ all over so they all get beatgrids and when quantize is ON maybe then the looping would work like it is in SSL. Though SSL didn't have any beatgrids...

You can just turn off Snap to beatgrid in the DJ preferences and then the software behaves the same as SSL.

The loop mode setting a 4 beat loop is a go to move for me. Without beatgrids it just snaps to the bpm value.

MP
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:09 PM - 14 October, 2015
easyG,

Curious, have you reported the flashing cue issue to Pioneer?

it doesn't affect playback right? just visually distracting? I think that would be a firmware thing as I don't believe SDJ will be receiving anything from the vibrations.

Regards,

MP
easyG 7:24 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
easyG,

it doesn't affect playback right? just visually distracting? I think that would be a firmware thing as I don't believe SDJ will be receiving anything from the vibrations.

Regards,

MP

Hi Matt P,

I haven't reported this to Pioneer. I don't think that this is a player issue. When using timecode or SSL in HID there is no flashing cue problem.

It affects playback in that sense when the cue starts flashing the wavefirm in SDJ also jumps a little. So it's not just a visual distraction.

PS. Thanks for the looping tip.

easyG
WarpNote 7:57 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
You can just turn off Snap to beatgrid in the DJ preferences and then the software behaves the same as SSL.
To be honest, users should be able to see beatgrids, even if they dont want to quantize the loops to the grid. This was possible in SSL (beatgrids from the bridge). But its not possible in SDJ :-( The issue has been raised before as you might remember...

Even Rekordbox DJ has this, just sayin' ;-)
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:17 AM - 19 October, 2015
Quote:
To be honest, users should be able to see beatgrids, even if they dont want to quantize the loops to the grid. This was possible in SSL (beatgrids from the bridge). But its not possible in SDJ :-( The issue has been raised before as you might remember...

Yeah i've seen this talked about before. I know the desire for it, i totally understand it. its one of the many things that I think makes people prefer SSL over SDJ (still)

However I don't personally have many incorrect grids and if i can't be bothered editing the grid, I just delete the grid completely and then my problem is solved.

Just my workaround, but I think it might be helpful for someone who might want the benefit of grids but not the work needed to make them right.

MP
WarpNote 5:46 AM - 19 October, 2015
Hi Matt, I have about 50k of track in my lib, about 65% of them older non-quantized music, ie "live drums". All of these grids are off by default. I spend a LOT of time correcting grids, and there is no chance in h€££ I'll be able to correct them all :-(

I try to do the tracks that I play the most, but as also the editing process has issues (wrongly transistient snapping) the process is VERY tedious. I should probably open a separate ticket about that issue though.

I'll give your workaround a chance, but I really feel its a non elegant band aid to be honest.

SSL had this, and even the new rekordbox dj has it, needs to be solved pretty fast IMO.
easyG 11:58 AM - 19 October, 2015
Back to the topic gentleman! :)

Quote:
Quote:
easyG,

Regards,

MP

Hi Matt P,

I haven't reported this to Pioneer. I don't think that this is a player issue. When using timecode or SSL in HID there is no flashing cue problem.

It affects playback in that sense when the cue starts flashing the wavefirm in SDJ also jumps a little. So it's not just a visual distraction.

PS. Thanks for the looping tip.

easyG
Shaun Tamla Williams 3:48 AM - 21 October, 2015
Pioneer have a page up with new firmware & drivers & are saying that some of their hardware is now compatible with Windows 10 but not necessarily the hardware, not sure what OS you are on, although it may be worth checking this page to see if an update is available.

www.pioneerdj.com
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:37 PM - 22 October, 2015
Quote:
Hi Matt, I have about 50k of track in my lib, about 65% of them older non-quantized music, ie "live drums". All of these grids are off by default. I spend a LOT of time correcting grids, and there is no chance in h€££ I'll be able to correct them all :-(

I try to do the tracks that I play the most, but as also the editing process has issues (wrongly transistient snapping) the process is VERY tedious. I should probably open a separate ticket about that issue though.

I'll give your workaround a chance, but I really feel its a non elegant band aid to be honest.

SSL had this, and even the new rekordbox dj has it, needs to be solved pretty fast IMO.

Yeah man, please hit me up DM or whatever, I'm down to geek out about grids all day. I may not be super quick to respond (not in support any more) but i'm always down to spread beat grid love and learn other peoples workflows and help if I can.

MP
2:00 AM, 6 Nov 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.