Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NS7 II Loses connection and becomes unresponsive

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 8.1
Platform
-
Name already taken 2:49 AM - 8 February, 2014
NS7 II Loses connection and becomes unresponsive. Platters continue to spin. Channel faders do not affect the volume levels of each channel. Must reboot controller to gain control of Serato DJ. Happens when browsing tracks in library. Every 10 or 15 minutes this seems to happen. I will try it on Windows 7 to see if this still happens but am unable to downgrade to windows 7 as all new computers come with windows 8 and I assume you will support this operating system in the near future.
Jumper4000 3:05 AM - 14 February, 2014
I have the same EXACT problem on Windows 7 & 8 and as u can see in this video Watchwww.youtube.com, this guy has the same exact problem with a Mac. What's the solution?
Name already taken 6:24 AM - 14 February, 2014
I am yet to hear of any solution. It seems to happen more frequently when I scroll through through many songs quickly with the wheel on the hardware. I would like to know if this is a known issue that is in the process of being fixed.
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:58 PM - 16 February, 2014
Hey There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Serato HQ. This isn't a known issue, however it does sound like you are experiencing some USB dropouts and glitches.

Quote:
Happens when browsing tracks in library. Every 10 or 15 minutes this seems to happen.

- This issue could be well be linked to the magnitude of your library - how large is the library you are using in Serato DJ?

- Was this issue occurring in a previous version of Serato DJ?

- Have you turned off your WiFi and Bluetooth?

- Do you notice the CPU meter filling up and reaching the maximum in the top right hand corner?

- Does the CPU warning light flash?

Cheers

Mak T
Name already taken 12:40 AM - 20 February, 2014
Hello,

I upgraded my computer to a top of the line expensive computer.

Dell Inspiron 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop - (Intel Core i7-4500U/1TB HDD/16GB RAM/Windows 8.1)

The Controller once again stopped working while in use (this time with a library of less than 1000 songs) I do not think that the controller should stop working completely and become unresponsive on a high end computer such as this. The fact that this a has happened on multiple computers and and seems to be a known issue on the internet if you google it and or search the serato forums. I believe that this is an issue that does need to be addressed. Please let me know what will be done about this problem as I may have to return the controller if I am unable to make it work properly. Thank you.
Name already taken 3:23 AM - 24 February, 2014
- This issue could be well be linked to the magnitude of your library - how large is the library you are using in Serato DJ?

----1,000 songs

- Was this issue occurring in a previous version of Serato DJ?

----Yes

- Have you turned off your WiFi and Bluetooth?

----Yes

- Do you notice the CPU meter filling up and reaching the maximum in the top right hand corner?

----I am not sure

- Does the CPU warning light flash?

----I am unfamiliar with the CPU Warning light
Jumper4000 5:27 AM - 24 February, 2014
Just to give a little support to "Name already taken", i have the same exact issue as well, and I think Serato/Numark should really stop blaming our computers and look at their products. My library is only about 300 songs (almost all of them music videos). I have bluetooth turned off (i have no intention to leave WiFi off, but I have tried it). My CPU hardly ever goes over 15% no matter what I'm doing to the computer. This used to happen with the older versions of Serato, but has gotten much worse with 1.6.
Djst-val 4:02 PM - 24 February, 2014
Avec serato 1.6 le problème de micro est revenu pas de son ! sur le NS7. Et le bouton du FX la graduation du réglage les lumières ne suivent pas .
Name already taken 1:09 AM - 6 March, 2014
It happens much less frequently but still happens. It is unacceptable for this to happen while playing live. I am waiting for Serato to be windows 8 compatible. Am I not receiving feedback to my help requests as I am using windows 8? Thank you.