Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How To Select default channels in serato dj 1.6

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Eight
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Selector Bryan 9:53 AM - 6 February, 2014
Hello, the setup i have is compromised of a rane sixty-eight, Turntables and cdjs 2000. The Turn tables are connected onto the mixer through channels 1 & 2, then the cdjs on channels 3 & 4. The Default channels in serato dj seem to be set to 2 & 3, and i have no option to change that, whats happening is, channel 1 in serato dj is going through line 2 on the mixer, channel 2 in serato dj is going through line 3. channel 3 & 4 go through 1 and 4 respectively on the mixer. i remember in scratch live we had an option of choosing default channels but in serato dj 1.6 its not available. PLease help.
Dj Todd Phillips 3:09 PM - 6 February, 2014
I hope they update soon, cause I have the exact same problem.
djcrap 8:40 PM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
Hello, the setup i have is compromised of a rane sixty-eight, Turntables and cdjs 2000. The Turn tables are connected onto the mixer through channels 1 & 2, then the cdjs on channels 3 & 4. The Default channels in serato dj seem to be set to 2 & 3, and i have no option to change that, whats happening is, channel 1 in serato dj is going through line 2 on the mixer, channel 2 in serato dj is going through line 3. channel 3 & 4 go through 1 and 4 respectively on the mixer. i remember in scratch live we had an option of choosing default channels but in serato dj 1.6 its not available. PLease help.

Connect the turntables onto the mixer through channels 2 & 3. These will be your default decks or primary decks

Then connect the cdjs 2000 channels 1 & 4. These will be the secondary
djcrap 8:51 PM - 6 February, 2014
For the left deck. on sdj screen above the decks click channel 1 which on your 68 was connected as channel 2

Then for the right deck on sdj screen above the decks click channel 2 which on your 68 was connected as channel 3
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:03 AM - 10 February, 2014
Hi guys,

This is currently a known issue with the Sixty-Eight.

Quote:
Connect the turntables onto the mixer through channels 2 & 3. These will be your default decks or primary decks

Then connect the cdjs 2000 channels 1 & 4. These will be the secondary

Currently this is the correct setup, so you should be connecting this way.

Serato DJ has different mappings to Scratch Live, and on 4 channel mixers the primary two channels are the middle two. We have had to bring them in line with the latest 4 channel mixers and controllers which utilise this layout.

I understand this is utterly confusing (especially with the silkscreen on the Sixty-Eight displaying 1-2-3-4), but unfortunately for the time being you will have to get used to connecting in a 3-1-2-4 fashion.

Sorry for any inconvenience, we would love to provide a solution for this but currently I dont have any further information regarding when or if this will be resolved for the Sixty-Eight.

It has been logged with the developers.

Regards
8:00 AM, 24 Feb 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.