Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Scratch Live's "Vinyl Start Offset" feature needs to be added to Serato DJ 1.6

813salsero 5:57 AM - 6 February, 2014
Will Serato add Scratch Live's "Vinyl Start Offset" feature in future builds of Serato DJ? This would be a very useful feature for those of us who have cue burns at the beginning of our control vinyl records, by allowing us to move the point at which tracks begin to a position further into the vinyl. I love this feature because it allows me to get the most use out of my control vinyl before having to replace it. I will stick with "Scratch Live" until Serato decides to add this feature to a future build of Serato DJ.
djmq 9:49 AM - 6 February, 2014
+1

It's funny how often Serato must have gone "Oh, that was a very useful thing in SSL. Let's not put it in SDJ" during development.
quikness 10:47 AM - 6 February, 2014
+1
nik39 2:38 PM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
+1

It's funny how often Serato must have gone "Oh, that was a very useful thing in SSL. Let's not put it in SDJ" during development.

It could be worse: "Oh, that was a very useful thing in SSL. Let's put it in SDJ as a paid plugin" ;)
djmq 4:15 PM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:

It could be worse: "Oh, that was a very useful thing in SSL. Let's put it in SDJ as a paid plugin" ;)

I might even pay a couple of quid extra if that actually gave me an instantly usable, complete replacement for SSL which isn't that much hungrier on CPU-power. Is there a plugin for that?
nik39 5:15 PM - 6 February, 2014
Sure, send me $50 by paypal, I'll send you the link ;)
robxbl69 1:30 AM - 5 June, 2014
Please add this back into SDJ.
Curls 5:36 PM - 4 August, 2014
+1
robxbl69 4:29 AM - 4 September, 2014
Now 1.7 is out and the devs have lots of free time ;) please add this vital feature.
dj-freestyle 4:17 PM - 4 September, 2014
they said in video on dj city that it will be in 1.7.1. its coming.
robxbl69 5:52 PM - 4 September, 2014
great, can't wait... ;)
robxbl69 7:24 PM - 9 October, 2014
Looks like they lied as it's not there - very disappointing :(
dj-freestyle 3:55 PM - 13 October, 2014
they didnt lie at all. watch the dj city video its 1.7.2 so this was just a update for akai stuff basically.
robxbl69 8:37 AM - 2 November, 2014
Does anyone know if this will be in 1.7.2 as it's not in the beta yet :(

Serato please comment.
quikness 11:18 AM - 2 November, 2014
Lol its not coming, it was supposed to be in 1.7.2 the first "major" update... Another update for things that people dont really need, the problems that have been raised lots.. Are not, cheers Serato... One step forward, ten steps back
dj-freestyle 5:21 PM - 3 November, 2014
They added sticker sync so im sure its coming. they are moving stuff so thats good.
robxbl69 6:13 AM - 25 April, 2015
Still waiting for this to be added :( Come on Serato!
Chris Int'l 3:12 PM - 17 May, 2015
For real, is this on your radar Serato? The offset option is actually a key feature in a very specific control vinyl set up that I use. Without an offset that allows me to start at the 5 minute mark I can't properly cue/needle drop through a track or needle drop back to the beginning of the track. May seem minor but it's pretty major to me. Is there any sort of work around for this? The real burn is that I just paid for the DVS expansion pack but can't use it the way I need to. Any insight??
goodtymez 2:42 PM - 7 June, 2015
Anyone...anyone? Beuller...Beuller...can we please get some sort of a response from somebody there at Serato? I mean, seriously though, at least give us - you know, the people who are in essence helping to pay your salaries and hourly paychecks lol - a sign that you still have a pulse! ;)
robxbl69 7:55 AM - 14 June, 2015
Can Serato please have the decency to respond. There are many of us that need this feature adding urgently.
djmq 8:38 AM - 16 June, 2015
I'd like this too.
kazzy 3:05 AM - 30 July, 2015
I just installed Serato DJ and was looking for this.... Can't believe they removed it. Back to Scratch Live I guess.
robxbl69 7:26 PM - 10 August, 2015
another update, another let down
Chris Int'l 10:17 PM - 19 August, 2015
Dear Serato,
Any opinion on this. A basic yes, no or maybe would really be appreciated.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:55 AM - 20 August, 2015
Hello Chris,

Most feature requests are a "maybe". We'd like to bring back this feature, but its all about weighing it up against the other things we'd like to do in Serato DJ. We'll continue to monitor feedback and demand for this, but I'm unable to indicate any timeframes as to when we'll be able to implement it.

Quote:

Its not funny at all actually. We didn't choose not to do it just to laugh at your expense. We literally did not have the time to implement it. Since that period of time we've made the conscious decision to implement other things we deem more important than this feature.

I'm sorry that the lack of this feature effects some of you in this way, but so far we have deemed other features to be of more importance to larger groups of people. To put it another way, more people are demanding other things, other than the vinyl offset feature right now. When demand dies down for those other things, this may find itself closer to the top of the list.

I know that sucks to hear, but I hope you can appreciate the honest and straight up answer.
Chris Int'l 1:13 AM - 21 August, 2015
Well, it explains a few things and at least I no longer have to hold my breath and keep checking back in. I guess I'll just have to bone up more money for a pair of serato 10" records [I know, 12"s will do but for a couple of reasons I need to be able to pack my set up in a very specific/efficient way and 12"s won't fit. I Dremel'ed a pair of 12"s down to 10"s, moved the offset in Scratch Live to the 5 minute mark and created a packing situation for me that was incredibly great. Bought the DVS expansion pack, had to switch to Serato DJ and now have to track down Serato 10"s to keep things working...]
If you have a generous customer service/loyalty department let me know :) Either way, thanks for the update.
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:53 AM - 21 August, 2015
Sorry, we don't have a loyalty department. The Serato Glass series on our store right now are all 10" in size: store.serato.com

Perhaps you could ask your local to import some to save on shipping? :)
djCensored 12:53 PM - 12 December, 2015
+1000

Also see my post
serato.com
Stoop 1:45 AM - 30 April, 2016
Bumping this! Please bring this feature back, it makes all my sexy control vinyl usable for so much longer that this effectively devalues some of the rarer and more expensive ones that you sell. I have a number of control records that are worn in the first few seconds from cue burn... they were usable with scratch live... man.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:12 AM - 4 May, 2016
you have to laugh at the "we didn't have the time" to add it,

well SDJ should not never have been released till it had all the features of SSL,

when you replace your flagship software it should have done everything the old version did and more,

so here we are 2 years and 4 months since this issue was raised and still no sign of it
acemc 7:32 AM - 30 May, 2016
Quote:
well SDJ should not never have been released till it had all the features of SSL,

^^^^ This!! ^^^^
Adding the complete feature set of SSL before releasing SDJ would keep all existing customers happy. Who is the one in the Serato team that gets to decide....
PULSELOCKER is more important.???
djCensored 7:58 PM - 1 December, 2016
Yep SDJ is still as useless to me as ever. I have my cue points set for X000 songs, I am NOT going to put one at the beginning of every song in addition to reorganizing all my cue points and having to lose a cp even on the songs I already have 5 cps at, also making me lose crucial seconds just to perform the most basic operation to cue up my song to the start just because I use a sticker on my vinyls. Meanwhile crap like Pulselocker designed to tie you even further to them gets all the attention, but just implementing a freaking simple X seconds offset is too damn hard!
AKIEM 3:43 AM - 2 December, 2016
dvs priority: 0
DYRGE 11:35 PM - 20 December, 2016
No one uses Vinyl Offset with Absolute mode to Skratch in the middle of the record? I found Relative mode to be glitchy when skratching. I use ABS only to Skratch and files could be very short meaning you're right at the jumpy beginning of the record. This is why I don't use SDJ. Is it that hard to program SDJ to adjust where 00:00:00 begins on control vinyl? It seems easy in comparison to the other difficult things you have done for us.
rmri 4:49 PM - 26 October, 2017
Still waiting for this in 2017.

Such a basic feature.
I guess the marketing department had a push to sell more control vinyl huh?
We can read between the lines.

The sad things is, this feature was present when we bought the product, and you took it away.
I have less and less respect for this company.