Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato DJ 1.6 Not Recognizing Rane Sixty-Two As Compatible Hardware

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Strakt 5:44 AM - 5 February, 2014
I have the latest drivers for the Rane Sixty-Two as well as the latest firmware... yet I'm still told by Serato DJ that my hardware isn't compatible. I've attempted the instal twice now and keep getting the same result. I NEED THIS TO WORK... seriously, this shouldn't be an issue. I've posted in the forum on several threads and there ARE other people having this same issue. ADDRESS IT.
djtekiwa 6:15 AM - 5 February, 2014
same thing with my rane 62 and the new sera to dj software 1.6 just doesn't work at all and i don't know what else to do since i just reinstall the software over and over again and the driver too ugh
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:55 PM - 6 February, 2014
Install Serato DJ.
Open Serato DJ.
Connect your device’s USB cable to the computer.
If the device does not connect, look for the Install Driver button in the right hand panel. Click it. This launches the Rane driver installer, it will require a reboot. Follow the directions and install.

After the computer has rebooted open the device’s control panel.

Windows: The device control panel icon is located in the Windows Control Panel.
Mac: The device control panel icon is located in the system preferences pane.

If the “Update firmware” panel is not grayed out, a firmware update is necessary. Click the firmware update button to update the device’s firmware.
Close the device control panel.
Open Serato DJ, your device should be recognized and connected now.

What if the device is still not recognized?

Mac: Close Serato DJ and disconnect the device. Go into the Audio/MIDI setup (through Utilities folder in Applications), click the 'Window' tab at the top of the screen, click 'Show MIDI Window'. Locate your device and remove it.
Quit Audio/MIDI setup, connect your device USB, then open Serato DJ.

Any luck?
11:31 PM, 6 Feb 2014
Strakt attached a file: IMG_1658.MOV.mov
Download· Permalink
Strakt 11:31 PM - 6 February, 2014
The steps you recommended did in fact help recognize my Ran 62... However, it's still not usable. Now I have a high pitch, 8-bit noise behind all of the audio playing through Serato DJ... it's not a bad setting in the FX panel or on the mixer itself. Also, every time that I open Serato DJ, the appearance is different... sometimes it's in stacked mode, other times it's in horizontal / vertical. I've attached a video detailing the noise I'm getting...

Scratch Live... no problems whatsoever... works flawlessly.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:47 PM - 7 February, 2014
Try boosting the usb audio buffer in the audio tab of Setup and within the 62's preference pane in System Preferences.
Strakt 6:50 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
Try boosting the usb audio buffer in the audio tab of Setup and within the 62's preference pane in System Preferences.

The usb buffer is as low as possible because this setup is for serious scratching, juggling and mixing. The buffer isn't the issue, Scratch Live is setup exactly the same and works flawlessly... Serato DJ does not...
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:51 PM - 7 February, 2014
SSL and SDJ have different buffers.
There is no way you or anyone else is going to be able to set their buffer at the lowest setting.
There is no computer that can handle it as the samples at the lowest setting are 24 in and out.
WAY too low. Boost the buffer. That should fix it.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:52 PM - 7 February, 2014
Don't ask me why the buffers are different in each program. That would be a question for Serato.
Strakt 6:58 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
Don't ask me why the buffers are different in each program. That would be a question for Serato.

I think I'll be sticking with Scratch Live as long as it's supported on OS X.

I'm extremely disappointed with Serato DJ (and Serato support which is nonexistent at this point). I should not be having issues on a $2000 certified mixer and a $2500 MacBook Pro... this is why I ditched Windows and moved to Mac in the first place... guess it's a sign of the times.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:12 PM - 7 February, 2014
From what I've been told the buffer in SDJ just goes way lower. I'm guessing because Serato has allowed this for when computers can actually deal with buffers that low.
This doesn't mean that you'll be dealing with more latency in SDJ if you boost the buffer.
Try boosting the buffer. If that fixes it than the issue is resolved.
Strakt 7:30 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
From what I've been told the buffer in SDJ just goes way lower. I'm guessing because Serato has allowed this for when computers can actually deal with buffers that low.
This doesn't mean that you'll be dealing with more latency in SDJ if you boost the buffer.

I'll give that a shot tonight and report back.
DJJONEZNYC 10:21 AM - 8 February, 2014
I have the same problem with my rand 62 and serato dj. When i first connected my sixty-two for the first time with Serato DJ, a window popped-up saying it was recognizing my mixer and i click to proceed the installation of the drivers. Once finished is said error and that my device was not recognizer compatible with Serato DJ.
After that I installed Serato DJ twice, and both times when i connected the mixer to my Macbook pro nothing came out saying it was reading a compatible device nor did it open.
Im a club dj in NYC, i prefer Serato Live over Serato DJ 10x, but most of the clubs are getting the Pioneer controller DDJ-SX & SR which i think is garbage but I guess ima have to get use to it now. I own a rand 62 and i would like to learn the new setup on Serato DJ and sadly i can't.

Hope this problem can be fix soon. (PS: i don't know how to update my mixer's firmware if thats whats causing the issue.)
Strakt 8:11 PM - 8 February, 2014
Quote:

Wow, it worked.

Following the steps your recommended about deleting the 62 from the midi options and then plugging it back in managed to get the 62 work properly and moving the USB buffer to "2" instead of "1" in the new Serato DJ fixed all my weird audio issues. I just used Serato DJ 1.6 to record cuts on a track and it worked perfectly. Thanks For the help Zach!