Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NS7 II keeps loosing connection

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Jumper4000 3:07 AM - 5 February, 2014
Very often, as I'm playing a song (typically a music video), the controller stops responding. The music continues to play, but none of the buttons work anymore. Restarting Serato or the controller don't seem to fix the problem. The only solution is to restart the computer.

The computer is a very powerful desktop - 6 Core hyper-threading i7 CPU. 64GB RAM. GTX580 nVidia graphic card. Dual SSD drives on RAID 0.

The problem is EXACTLY the same as this Youtube video describes - Watchwww.youtube.com. Does anyone have a solution?
Jumper4000 5:33 AM - 6 February, 2014
no one else has seen this?
R_D_Cline 8:24 PM - 6 February, 2014
I almost think your 580 card is too much. the power consumption and the bandwidth for that card is tremendous. compared to the minimum 8400 card that serato specs out. but you also have a lot of ram so... it looks like it should work.
mr187 9:51 AM - 8 February, 2014
Ram don't matter serato can only use 4GB no matter how muck you have.
Have you deleted ns7 from midi studio ? that solve my freezing / glitching problem and upgrade drivers so you can hot plug it to avoid restarting serato when this happen.
Jumper4000 3:08 AM - 14 February, 2014
Any actual solution for this? If you Google "NS7 II loses connection", there are many many others who are having the same issue. I've tried it with Windows 7 & 8, and my friend's Mac. Same thing when playing videos.

RD, there are minimum requirements, but there's no such thing as maximum requirements. This computer has a ton of power and resources. It's liquid cooled and has a 1,500 watts power supply with dual dedicated power outputs to the graphic card. It's not my computer. Others have the same problem.
Name already taken 5:24 AM - 24 February, 2014
I get this while playing Flac files... Win 8.1 - i7 4thgen 16gb ram notebook