Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Change Pitchrange of Technics MK2 with Pitch n Time DJ???

Haggis 12:33 AM - 5 February, 2014
Sorry my english is not the best.... Can i change the pitch range of my Technics MK2 (+/-8%) with the pitch n time DJ Expansion Pack? Thanx for help
djdannyd 8:50 PM - 7 February, 2014
The range will still be the same on your turntable. You cannot got beyond +/- 8% unless you modify the turntable but that's another story.

What pitch N Time does for Serato Dj is to give you a better sounding song when you are speeding/slowing it up significantly, it keeps it in tune - in key.
Haggis 9:15 PM - 7 February, 2014
ok, thanx
tegboy 4:29 AM - 12 February, 2014
Is there a noticeable sound difference using pitch n time compared to the serato key lock when using the 8% on the technics. I.e is it worth it to buy if using only an 8% Pitch adjustment?
djdannyd 4:32 AM - 12 February, 2014
if you spin for $$ and generate revenue, get it. If you're a bedroom DJ, it may not be worth it. All up to you but it is really inexpensive.
tegboy 12:01 PM - 12 February, 2014
OK thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:09 AM - 31 May, 2014
You can check out a comparison here: Watchwww.youtube.com

:)

Sam
cutloose 12:04 AM - 25 June, 2015
@serato

Hey guys can you digitally map the internal pitch to the turntable. I understand the platter moves at a certain speed. But is there a digital way to correct for this and allow a +/-8 pitch slider into a +/-50 ?
Correct me if im thinking crazy.

Cheers
DJ Tecniq 6:35 PM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:
@serato

Hey guys can you digitally map the internal pitch to the turntable. I understand the platter moves at a certain speed. But is there a digital way to correct for this and allow a +/-8 pitch slider into a +/-50 ?
Correct me if im thinking crazy.

Cheers
Not possible. You would just get a set of turntables that have over a +8 pitch adjustment like reloop or modify your turntables pitch (taking it apart)
4:18 AM, 22 Mar 2018
Discussion moved to Serato DJ Pro General Discussion