Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Dj intro won't recognize mixtrack pro

Stephen Tyler 7:29 PM - 4 February, 2014
So on my desktop pc my dj intro won't recognize my mixtrack pro. The PC recognizes it as a sound card, but dj intro won't.

The thing is it will work on my laptop just not my desktop
WildcardX 2:32 PM - 7 February, 2014
Just a suggestion, Uninstall and reinstall the drivers because it may have to have the MiDi drivers for the Numark installed for Serato DJ Intro to work with it. Just an idea and hope it helps. Cheers!
Stephen Tyler 2:34 PM - 7 February, 2014
I've tried that
Stephen Tyler 2:34 PM - 7 February, 2014
It didn't work
WildcardX 2:40 PM - 7 February, 2014
When it installs on your desktop, assuming that it is Windows 7 at least here, do you notice the window come up saying "Installing Device" and a list of stuff being installed?

Another thing too, I believe the Mixtrack Pro works with VDJ, so just for trouble shooting sake, does VDJ recognize and function with it?
Stephen Tyler 2:56 PM - 7 February, 2014
It does have a list of installing devices and no it doesn't work with vdj
WildcardX 3:03 PM - 7 February, 2014
Hmmm should I assume you tried different USB ports as well already, because this is my next suggestion, baring that the cable you are using functions with you laptop. Just trying to help a fellow user here.

Don't know if maybe you have some other driver on your Desktop that may conflicting with the MiDi driver as well as VDJ does not see it.
Stephen Tyler 3:32 PM - 7 February, 2014
I have tried other ports
Brother Fred 10:16 AM - 4 April, 2014
I have the same problem, only on my pc. What is going on? And i have the paid full version of serato dj. I tried all of the above.
Luis Aponte 1:59 AM - 29 April, 2014
I have the same issues. First:

I started with a brand new Dell with 1 tg of memory and 8gb of ram and an i7 processor. The program froze!

2. Was told it was / wasn't compatible with Windows 8

3 Have a SL2 and continued to freeze

4. Had I.T guy from work go through computer and external hard drive and still have issues.

5. I.T guy said maybe the issue was the Windows? So he put a Windows 7 professional hard drive in it. Same freakin issue.

Buy a Mixtrack Pro 2 to see if sound card was an issue, same problem! Contacted support numerous times and have had no success. Numerous other DJs switching to other systems because of the same issue. I have read and done almost everything suggested on these forums only to be disappointed every time. I can't explain how no-one kind figure this out. I thought I was the only person having these freezing issues, but I guess not.

Serato continues to put more expensive toys out there, but for what. If you can not put out a flawless software, then hire new software geeks! We spend a lot of money hoping not to have an issue, but obviously they continue to happen. DJs went digital to help limit having to carry so much stuff, but I see more and more DJs carrying backups due to Serato's instability! I appreciate all the forums, but how about fixing the problems? Serato's executives should be ashamed to have to post so many forums because your software products are so unstable. My apologies for my tone, but I have thousands of dollars invested, and have yet to have a flawless session using the software. Club DJs are backing up there systems with IPhones just to keep music playing while the computer reboots because it freezes the program. This should NOT be happening.

As you can see I have tried numerous things from switching hard drives and operating systems, to buying other controllers to try and eliminate this problem. My computer is only used to DJ, and only goes on the net to go to Serato.com. Now what?
DJDevonEzzo 8:29 PM - 10 June, 2014
im having the same problem I need it fixed before my show Friday and I have no idea what to do
Youngtee 5:47 AM - 11 June, 2014
It maybe best that you open a help request to get you issue sorted if it still a issue for you that is.
Youngtee 5:47 AM - 11 June, 2014
It maybe best that you open a help request to get your issue sorted if it still a issue for you that is.
Youngtee 5:48 AM - 11 June, 2014
Wow thats weird posted 4x
pdidy 4:07 AM - 13 June, 2014
Quote:
I have the same issues. First:

I started with a brand new Dell with 1 tg of memory and 8gb of ram and an i7 processor. The program froze!

2. Was told it was / wasn't compatible with Windows 8

3 Have a SL2 and continued to freeze

4. Had I.T guy from work go through computer and external hard drive and still have issues.

5. I.T guy said maybe the issue was the Windows? So he put a Windows 7 professional hard drive in it. Same freakin issue.

Buy a Mixtrack Pro 2 to see if sound card was an issue, same problem! Contacted support numerous times and have had no success. Numerous other DJs switching to other systems because of the same issue. I have read and done almost everything suggested on these forums only to be disappointed every time. I can't explain how no-one kind figure this out. I thought I was the only person having these freezing issues, but I guess not.

Serato continues to put more expensive toys out there, but for what. If you can not put out a flawless software, then hire new software geeks! We spend a lot of money hoping not to have an issue, but obviously they continue to happen. DJs went digital to help limit having to carry so much stuff, but I see more and more DJs carrying backups due to Serato's instability! I appreciate all the forums, but how about fixing the problems? Serato's executives should be ashamed to have to post so many forums because your software products are so unstable. My apologies for my tone, but I have thousands of dollars invested, and have yet to have a flawless session using the software. Club DJs are backing up there systems with IPhones just to keep music playing while the computer reboots because it freezes the program. This should NOT be happening.

As you can see I have tried numerous things from switching hard drives and operating systems, to buying other controllers to try and eliminate this problem. My computer is only used to DJ, and only goes on the net to go to Serato.com. Now what?

Seem you're doing everything except what you need to do...
Step 1. open a help request
Step 2. follow up on the help request until the issue is fixed. You opened a help request here in 2013 and NEVER followed up on it serato.com
If you are not responsible enough to follow up on your requests what is serato suppose to do ?

Serato staff are not psychic nor do they follow random posts in these areas. Now that you know what you've been doing wrong get on your job.
Youngtee 7:14 AM - 14 June, 2014
Agree with pdidy on that.
efi rivera 3:31 PM - 8 December, 2016
my numark mixtrack pro is not playing with dj intro and i jus used the same intro n controller last weekend and it did not have any defects...what is wrong?