Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

No audio coming from Numark NS6

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
1ND1AN 11:49 AM - 3 February, 2014
After I updated my 2008 iMac to the latest OS: Mavericks the audio coming from my Numark NS6 no longer works. Ive tried deleting, re-downloading latest drivers for the NS6 and the same with Serato DJ and Serato ITCH. I am receiving the same results when using ITCH as well. The software and controller are synced up and work perfectly, all commands and buttons seem to be working fine, just no audio coming from the Numark NS6 unit. Ive emailed serato and received one response in a very lengthy wait, in which the email had directed me to do the same things I had already done by reading the forums. I really would like some help with this, being that my NS6 has become a very expensive paperwork on my desk. Thank you in advance for any help regarding this issue. - Justin
R_D_Cline 4:29 PM - 3 February, 2014
i have read other threads here that this happens after upgrading to mavericks. if you have done all of the suggetions then i think you may want to consider using SDJ 1.6 Beta and you can download that here: serato.com
Crease25 1:58 AM - 4 February, 2014
I am still not receiving any audio after updating to the new version (Serato DJ 1.6.0)...are you guys still having audio problems?
dj nickel 3:53 AM - 4 February, 2014
1ND1AN. Im having the exact same issue ur having. I happened after i installed the latest OS mavericks. Everything works fine when connected just no audio coming out of the speakers or earphone. Im using a 2009 macbook pro and the NS7 II. i thought downloading serato DJ 1.6.0 would fix the problem but NO I'm Having the same problem. Some please help us nunmark users with this issue. thanks
R_D_Cline 4:11 AM - 4 February, 2014
Have you checked your mac audio settings? please make sure that the numark sound card is not the default sound card.
dj nickel 4:25 AM - 4 February, 2014
R_D_Cline yes i already tried messing around with the audio setting still no sound. Thanks for such a quick response. nunmark users NS7, NS7 II, NS6 are u all having this same issue?
R_D_Cline 4:33 AM - 4 February, 2014
I know some users have had some luck by using previous versions of the numark drivers, I don't remember which driver they had used but by rolling back they were able to get SDJ to work. also when I had sound issues, I re installed itch. I don't know what it is about itch but once the re install of itch I was able to use SDJ for my NS7 again.
dj nickel 4:58 AM - 4 February, 2014
this is the current driver that i am using Numark_NS7II_Driver_2.2.6_Mac. got it from the numark website. any idea where i can find the pervious versions you talked about
R_D_Cline 5:01 AM - 4 February, 2014
v2.1.18 is on this website: www.numark.com
1ND1AN 11:55 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
I am still not receiving any audio after updating to the new version (Serato DJ 1.6.0)...are you guys still having audio problems?

I haven't downloaded and installed 1.6 yet I will be testing that as soon as I get off of work. I imagine it will be the same results of no audio being that this is an issue with the NS6 drivers and not so much serato. On the serato website it has listed update: 1.6 as Mavericks stable and tested. Now we are just waiting on Numark to update some Drivers and we should be back in the Ball game (HOPEFULLY) crossing my fingers anyway.

Quote:
I know some users have had some luck by using previous versions of the numark drivers, I don't remember which driver they had used but by rolling back they were able to get SDJ to work. also when I had sound issues, I re installed itch. I don't know what it is about itch but once the re install of itch I was able to use SDJ for my NS7 again.

Thanks for the response @ R_D_Cline I have seen you posting on the forums and from me and the rest of the guys on here thank you very much for your time and effort in helping us. Numark really dropped the Ball on this one but with us users rallying and trading notes it seems to be a battle we can win if we stick together, so thanks again for your help man very much appreciated!
R_D_Cline 4:14 PM - 4 February, 2014
Yeah thats what its all about helping each other. i have gone through some of these issues and if i can take some of that frustration away from my fellow DJs then i will do what i can to help. I have also been on the waiting end of serato help requests so i am just try to do my part. I did download and install full SDJ 1.6 last night. no issues to report so far, although i did notice that i get warning lights a lot more so far.
dj nickel 5:09 PM - 4 February, 2014
Been reading u all post. Thats cool urs works just fine R_D. In our case where there is no audio coming out is it a problem with the driver or the the serato program? And if its the driver should we b contacting numark?
R_D_Cline 5:35 PM - 4 February, 2014
Well now that SDJ 1.6 is a full version and not BETA i think numark will be coming out with new drivers. I think that it had been a combination of issues that cause this problem, serato did not atnicipate issues with the release of mavericks but from day one of mavericks there was all kinds of issues, especially sound related issues. for some it was only a driver issue, and like for my self it was driver and USB driver issue. so be sure to update your USB drivers too, and for some users it may be that they need to update there chipset drivers and not just USB drivers. another thing that really messes people up is the use of an External HDD. for some reason SDJ does not work well with external HDD, and i would not recommend it i used an external when i used itch and i burnt out the external HDD. so i almost lost my entire library.
acemc 6:11 PM - 4 February, 2014
I tried each & every suggestion I came across to get audio from my NS6 with Mavericks.
But sadly it was a no go. Numark has the worst customer support I've ever experienced.
I honestly think we'll be lucky to get any type of help from them.
Quote:
i burnt out the external HDD

You feel like Serato software had something to do with that?
R_D_Cline 6:21 PM - 4 February, 2014
@ acemc
No, i think that was a part of the ext HDD design limitations.
acemc 6:24 PM - 4 February, 2014
Aah! I completely misunderstood that.
Ok, got it!
dj nickel 11:27 AM - 5 February, 2014
Is anyone making any kind of progress? Connected my ns6 last night n same issue no audio. So it happens to both controllers ns6 n ns7 II. Already emailed numark.
1ND1AN 11:50 AM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
Is anyone making any kind of progress? Connected my ns6 last night n same issue no audio. So it happens to both controllers ns6 n ns7 II. Already emailed numark.

So I finally had some time to try tinkering yesterday 02-08-2014. The 1st thing I did was update my OSX Mavericks as per apple they released an update to "Improve Stability" amongst other things listed. Also I upgraded Serato DJ 1.6 and double checked installing the latest drivers from Numark. As expected this did not resolve my audio issues on the NS6. I also failed to note previously that the Master control knob at the top of the NS6 does not work in Serato DJ or Serato Itch. Also the LED's under the EQ and Gain knobs fail to light up when there are decks loaded and playing. I guess its time to sit back and wait on NUMARK to release drivers for 1.6 and OSX mavericks. Until then I will be practicing on Virtual DJ PRO because I am too cheap to buy a PC laptop for Serato.
dj nickel 10:55 AM - 1 March, 2014
New Driver Available & It Works
www.numark.com
1ND1AN 9:49 AM - 2 March, 2014
Just wanted to let everybody know Numark updated the drivers and the Beta seems to be working just fine for me. Everything is back to normal, my only complaint is when you load songs into decks 1 and 2 if the song has never been loaded before it will jump somewhere between 25 % and 40 % into the song, instead of at the beginning or the 1st cue point. Hope you guys get this resolved as well and enjoy your NS6 again, its been WAYYYYY TOOO LONGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!