Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Files disappearing in Crates

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark Mixtrack Pro
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Shivam Patel 5:56 AM - 28 January, 2014
Files that I spent hours analyzing and adding to crates disappear sometimes after re-launching Serato DJ after a ShutDown/Restart. Usually not all files from the previous session disappear but some do, making it very difficult to track which ones were lost.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:37 AM - 29 January, 2014
Hey Shivam,

Could I please have your computers full specs and a list of all USB devices connected?

Where is your music stored, ie, internally / externally / partition drives? Do you always let Serato close down properly?
Shivam Patel 4:59 AM - 7 February, 2014
Hey Sam,

Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch (Mid 2012) running Mac OS X 10.8.5

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Running Serato DJ 1.5.2 (15217)

All Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shivam Patel
djmt99 5:20 PM - 7 February, 2014
I'm having the same issue, with PC and Mac. It doesn't necessarily happen when I open/close SDJ, but moreso when I rebuild the database by deleting the _Serato_ folder.

See my thread here serato.com and here serato.com
Shivam Patel 3:01 AM - 8 February, 2014
By the way, all music is stored internally.

I always let Serato close down properly, waiting 30 seconds to a minute prior to shutting down.
djmt99 3:11 AM - 8 February, 2014
Same with me. I typically run external music, but to eliminate any issues in the chain, I've tested with random tracks, all internally stored.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:44 AM - 12 February, 2014
Hey Shivam,

Just confirming these are SERATO crates and they are not iTunes playlists?

If you navigate to your music folder and find the folder titled _Serato_ can you right click > get info > scroll down to sharing and permissions and confirm that you have read & write permissions under your user name?

Also its probably best to have a read through this: serato.com do you have any other Serato related folders?
Shivam Patel 2:26 AM - 16 February, 2014
Hey Sam,

Yes, they are Serato crates and not iTunes playlists.

Confirmed, Read and Write Permissions under my username.

No other Serato folder, other than a "Serato_Backup" folder I made a while back.

Thanks, in advance, for all the help. Appreciate it.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:42 AM - 18 February, 2014
Hey Shivam,

Can you close all applications, open up your _Serato_ folder and rename your Subcrates & Crates folders SubcratesOLD & CratesOLD. Now open up Serato DJ and create a few crates, now close Serato again. Copy the contents from each folder to their new respective folders named Crates & Subcrates. When you copy the crate folders over avoid any crates that have (safe) in the name, these are corrupt and could be causing the issue.

Sam
8:01 AM, 4 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.