DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer ddj-sz

DJ Padida 8:13 AM - 22 January, 2014
djdisbjohn 8:14 AM - 22 January, 2014
hopefully the output and mic inputs are truly better as they stated.
DJ Padida 8:27 AM - 22 January, 2014
Interesting thing here is it's got dual usb ports for simultaneous switching between 2 djs. Something the ns7 mk2 didn't have.
pitcher 8:29 AM - 22 January, 2014
Bar has been elevated. Wow that thing is huge
DCD 8:29 AM - 22 January, 2014
Suggested Price: $1,999.00

i.imgur.com
djdisbjohn 8:55 AM - 22 January, 2014
Good specs pioneerdj.com
Mr. Goodkat 9:05 AM - 22 January, 2014
pretty impressive
the_black_one 9:06 AM - 22 January, 2014
Popcorn ready

Nm nh nb
popnwave 9:45 AM - 22 January, 2014
Shit man.. the street price being under $2k is pretty amazing.
dj vegas 10:35 AM - 22 January, 2014
I had the sx and 2 friends had to sent theres off to get fixed. I play on 62 and technics out but I wanted the sx for week day gigs. I never got any and the sx was collecting dust so I sold it. 2 weeks later I was booked for like 80 week day gigs in the next year. Sml buuut the sr came out and that to me was even better! I only had one bag to take to my gig no bag and case or turntables. Anyway my point is the sx had problems and one unit anything goes wrong you are fucked. And pioneer sucks they are not like rane! So it does look cool as hell but I would wait till I see it has no problems. I think smaller is better for what I use a controller for. I like it but I won't play on one in a big clubs tables and 62 for me all day;)
dj vegas 10:38 AM - 22 January, 2014
Sorry about the grammar I'm fighting a sleeping pill lol. Right before I closed my eyes I saw this monster!
Joee 10:41 AM - 22 January, 2014
it's a little big….weight isn't to bad at 20lbs
Jensen Määäm 10:44 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

Video says 22 pounds.
Joee 10:45 AM - 22 January, 2014
i'll round it off……lol

still lighter than the ns7II
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:25 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

*Old Person Voice*

See back in my day....... when we used to have to wind up our turntables......... We used to have to carry 100 lbs worth of Vinyl and CD books....

lol..

I kid, but yea your right....... That is a heavy controller..... But with weight to me comes with a sense of confidence in your equipment. You know its got some beefy parts in it from the weight alone.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:27 PM - 22 January, 2014
As far as expensive..... I think the price is right...

2 CDJ 850s and a DJM 900 will set you back a little more then just that one unit alone.....

Don't get me started on a 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus and DJM 900 Nexus set up..... Thats about the price of a decent used car.
Joee 12:50 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

*Old Person Voice*

See back in my day....... when we used to have to wind up our turntables......... We used to have to carry 100 lbs worth of Vinyl and CD books....

lol..

I kid, but yea your right....... That is a heavy controller..... But with weight to me comes with a sense of confidence in your equipment. You know its got some beefy parts in it from the weight alone.

let me tell you something young man

that ddj sz is a beat………..i want one
Joee 12:50 PM - 22 January, 2014
^ beast
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:52 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
^ beast

Yea me to.... lol I can't even lie.
DJ Trice 1:10 PM - 22 January, 2014
Now, here is the new standard... I ready to get her instead of NS7ii !
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:12 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

Unless you like the Vinyl Feel....

I grew up with both CDJ and Vinyl so I have learned to love both...... But given a choice between the 2...... I prefer the feel of a spinning Vinyl Platter.... Something that the Numark has.....

But yes your right, the Pioneer is definitely sexy.
lvmez 1:45 PM - 22 January, 2014
If that can be had around $1700, it will be a great buy.
DJ Chuckie Chuck 2:34 PM - 22 January, 2014
uhhhh.
When this beast gonne be launch ?
DJ Dynamight 2:35 PM - 22 January, 2014
Sick! Me want!!
DJ Trice 2:49 PM - 22 January, 2014
Will be in shop i think in march 2014
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:53 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

We need to stop using the word "standard" its not a standard if the standard changes every three months
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:21 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

We need to stop using the word "standard" its not a standard if the standard changes every three months

Preeeeeeeeeeach pastor!!!!!!!

*raises hands and drops to knees*
DJ Trice 3:23 PM - 22 January, 2014
This kind of "standard" exist since a long time on club... Suposed to be Pioneer mixer and cdj.
but i understand whatvyou mean
DJ Trice 3:24 PM - 22 January, 2014
Oops... What U mean 😊
DJ Trice 3:25 PM - 22 January, 2014
Oups... What you mean :-) (sorry sent from my mobile phone)
dj jamalot 3:35 PM - 22 January, 2014
looks like it's time to get the big brother!!! When does this thing Drop???
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:47 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
This kind of "standard" exist since a long time on club... Suposed to be Pioneer mixer and cdj.
but i understand whatvyou mean

The cdj/pioneer mixer (also the TT/rane mixer) standards all lasted longer than a year
Club Ample 3:55 PM - 22 January, 2014
They need to get rid of the conductive touch platters... that feature is so gimmicky for a product in this price range. I own an SX and won't be purchasing another pioneers controller until this feature changes.
dj jamalot 4:11 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
I own an SX and won't be purchasing another pioneers controller until this feature changes.

As a current DDJ SX owner some adjustments are needed but for ease of use it's worth it I had planned on a 62 but this changes everything for my needs... I gotta get me one!
djkurve 5:01 PM - 22 January, 2014
The fact that this is the FIRST controller to utilize the internal soundcards to use DVS (turntables and CDJ's) is EPIC! Kudos for Pioneer and Serato for finally getting it right! Probably gonna sell my NS7 II for this sexy beast!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:54 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
The fact that this is the FIRST controller to utilize the internal soundcards to use DVS (turntables and CDJ's) is EPIC! Kudos for Pioneer and Serato for finally getting it right! Probably gonna sell my NS7 II for this sexy beast!

You can do this with the Numark N4 a the Stanton DJC4 and yes I know not with Serato unless you used a box but that can already be done with VDJ or TRAKTOR.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:11 PM - 22 January, 2014
LMAO.... Holy crap.....

The amount of DDJ-SXs that are popping up on my Ebay feed right now..... lmao........

Must suck balls if you just bought the SX...... ohhh burn...

Don't worry.... My turntables are still gonna stay with me..... along with my mixer....

Figure my tax return can go towards the DDJ-SZ ;-)
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:13 PM - 22 January, 2014
The more I look at it, I really really want one. I bought my SX last January and it's been perfect for me, but love the new features. Dedicated Mic 1 and 2, bigger platters, 2 USB inputs. Too bad I have other priorities for purchases this year!! :(
Joee 6:15 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
The more I look at it, I really really want one. I bought my SX last January and it's been perfect for me, but love the new features. Dedicated Mic 1 and 2, bigger platters, 2 USB inputs. Too bad I have other priorities for purchases this year!! :(

^ lights vs ddj sz
?

?

?

?

?
ral 6:15 PM - 22 January, 2014
waiting for xtrodinnaire's sz unboxing photos/videos ...........
lvmez 6:23 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

^ lights vs ddj sz
?

?

?

?

?

I've been buying lights too. There are some great lights coming out for NAMM, This is throwing me off.
funkyfresh2012 6:28 PM - 22 January, 2014
This will be sold out everywhere once released.
Code:E 6:52 PM - 22 January, 2014
I want! I was ready to sell my CDJ2000's anyway since I'm not renting them out as much as i would like to anymore. now I have found the perfect controller for me.
Code:E 6:53 PM - 22 January, 2014
Unless they cut this thing in 3 and sell the decks as stand alone like the v7. That would be the best.
the_black_one 6:54 PM - 22 January, 2014
Of course you love it code.....

Nm nh nb
Code:E 6:56 PM - 22 January, 2014
its not secret I love pioneer.

Tuntable Timecode input, New and more colour effects. Dual USB sound cards that can be used by 2 different audio applications on the same computer (hello Serato DJ/Bridge), coloured larger pads, DJM900 style mixer and faders in the middle, EVERYTHING midi (for my resolume video controls) full size CDJ platters. How can you not love this thing.
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:30 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

^ lights vs ddj sz

?

?

?

?

?

LOL I knew that would get picked up. Yep, another set of moving heads and trussing for me. My market is big with lighting. More lighting will enable me to sell bigger / more expensive events, The SZ won't...even as much as I want it. I have to see how the year goes. If I am as busy as I was last year then I will get it towards the end of the year since I will have to make some more purchases to keep money out of Uncle Sam's pocket.
Joee 7:43 PM - 22 January, 2014
^ lights all the way
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:00 PM - 22 January, 2014
Totally.

Back on topic...anyone reach out to pioneer to see if they have "fixed" the mic issue?? I wonder if that will be something that comes up in reviews of the people that have the units before they ship.

But 2 dedicated mic channels and 2 laptop enabled is a biggie for me.
dj jamalot 8:15 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Unless they cut this thing in 3 and sell the decks as stand alone like the v7. That would be the best.

I think it's pretty nice as it is...
Already tried pre order but no one budging from the $1999 just yet because it includes Serato
Video code that i don't need...I didn't even use the one with my DDJ SX!
djdisbjohn 8:37 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Totally.

Back on topic...anyone reach out to pioneer to see if they have "fixed" the mic issue?? I wonder if that will be something that comes up in reviews of the people that have the units before they ship.

But 2 dedicated mic channels and 2 laptop enabled is a biggie for me.

That is my concern as well. If they are borrowing from the 900 nexus line then the mic inputs should actually be good.
Discobee 8:42 PM - 22 January, 2014
Why does he call it the S-Zed?

And no "Boost" feature on the ColorFX like the DJM750....not for me.
Kristian Valdini 8:46 PM - 22 January, 2014
Perfect for me. Just waiting for it too land in March (in time for the DJ 1.6 / Pitch & Time update) which I guess was the plan :)

As I said in another thread, this 'should' be the last controller that I ever have to pic up for home use as pretty much everything I could ask for (and more) is on there.

K
dj jamalot 8:50 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Perfect for me. Just waiting for it too land in March (in time for the DJ 1.6 / Pitch & Time update) which I guess was the plan :)

As I said in another thread, this 'should' be the last controller that I ever have to pic up for home use as pretty much everything I could ask for (and more) is on there.

K

^+1 what he said..
jprime 8:53 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

And offer Twitch style / jogwheel-less versions of these modular decks plz.
lvmez 10:56 PM - 22 January, 2014
Everyone is trying to sell there Pioneer controllers on craigslist. lol.
BIGG BEAR 12:43 AM - 23 January, 2014
Don't like it,you would have thought pioneer would have had the balls to also allow use of memory sticks with this,what's the tacky air horn all about,too big,who want to cart this massive contraption around from gig to gig and even then you're still tied to a laptop.
Not for me no thanks.
popnwave 1:37 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Don't like it,you would have thought pioneer would have had the balls to also allow use of memory sticks with this,what's the tacky air horn all about,too big,who want to cart this massive contraption around from gig to gig and even then you're still tied to a laptop.
Not for me no thanks.

LOL, you're obviously not the intended market.
Discobee 2:03 AM - 23 January, 2014
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:28 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Not for me no thanks.

Personally I like that they are making larger size controllers, I think Djs (especially tall Djs like myself) look retarded on a big ass stage with a ton of lights and effects with a tiny ass controller in front of em. When I set my current 2 TTs and mixer coffin up on stage it looks like my throne, my command post…..when other Djs set up with controllers it looks like they are playing with a speak and spell
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:28 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Not for me no thanks.

Personally I like that they are making larger size controllers, I think Djs (especially tall Djs like myself) look retarded on a big ass stage with a ton of lights and effects with a tiny ass controller in front of em. When I set my current 2 TTs and mixer coffin up on stage it looks like my throne, my command post…..when other Djs set up with controllers it looks like they are playing with a speak and spell

lmao..... yep true
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:30 AM - 23 January, 2014
From the size of it, looks like putting 2 CDJ 900s and a 10inch Mixer. Which is pretty much what I am comfortable with.
BIGG BEAR 3:04 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

I know what you mean but if you want to dj with 2 tts or 2 cdjs and a mixer then use 2 tts or 2 cdjs and a mixer,not something that looks like it costs a small fortune and still requires a laptop.
Why cart this thing round when the gear is most probably already at the venue if you're playing gigs on a big ass stage.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:08 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I know what you mean but if you want to dj with 2 tts or 2 cdjs and a mixer then use 2 tts or 2 cdjs and a mixer,not something that looks like it costs a small fortune and still requires a laptop.
Why cart this thing round when the gear is most probably already at the venue if you're playing gigs on a big ass stage.

A lot of Caribbean clubs have gone away with having a "Club" set up due to the large influx of controllers, although you still see them when they have LARGE shows that usually involve bringing in Big time DJs from other Islands or Artists.....

Out of every 10 gigs that I do, maybe 1 or 2 of them will have a "In House" set up.
the_black_one 3:30 AM - 23 January, 2014
Making the t-shirt....

Give up now and sale your stuff on creigslist !!!

Nm nh nb
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:37 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A lot of Caribbean clubs have gone away with having a "Club" set up due to the large influx of controllers, although you still see them when they have LARGE shows that usually involve bringing in Big time DJs from other Islands or Artists.....

Out of every 10 gigs that I do, maybe 1 or 2 of them will have a "In House" set up.

This, most of the gigs I've been doing recently are multiple DJ, bring your own gear events. Also this beats bringing CDJs and turntables because of setup time, just plug in the power cord and laptop and boom your up and running
Dj BigDooby 7:00 AM - 23 January, 2014
it looks like a swollen DDJSX.....with the time they had to build this they shouldve put the pitch control for the left side on the left side of the platter.....just saying because i think that was design mess up on the DDJs before this. but looking@ the specs & options........sick!!!!
djkurve 5:08 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Everyone is trying to sell there Pioneer controllers on craigslist. lol.

i49.photobucket.com
lvmez 6:41 PM - 23 January, 2014
Lol. Everyone is trying to $800, they can be purchased new for $700
dj jamalot 6:43 PM - 23 January, 2014
More like $788 ish...
Joee 6:56 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

but you know not everyone gets deals ….some people pay retail

i was quoted a price of over $1,700 for the sz…..and i still think thats too much….i will keep shopping around to see if i could get it for $1,600ish maybe $1,650 i wont pay more that that for a ddj sz
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:09 PM - 23 January, 2014
Maybe a group buy??
DjWoody 7:34 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

Refurbished direct from Pioneer for under $550.
Code:E 7:37 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

for the DDJSX?
SELECT 7:38 PM - 23 January, 2014
New vid from NAMM www.digitaldjtips.com
Joee 7:39 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

for the DDJSX?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Code:E 7:43 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

for the DDJSX?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Cool.... But i just checked there website its not up for sale at the moment.
Code:E 7:44 PM - 23 January, 2014
probably ones returned because of the mic fuck up. then fixed then resold.
lvmez 7:46 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
More like $788 ish...

$700.

I would buy the SZ for $1700 with no tax and free shipping.
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:48 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
More like $788 ish...

$700.

I would too...I don't think that's a bad price at all!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:49 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
More like $788 ish...

$700.

I would too...I don't think that's a bad price at all!

Id buy that for a dollar
Joee 8:00 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
More like $788 ish...

$700.

it was more than 1,700 and quite $1,800
Joee 8:01 PM - 23 January, 2014
^ not quite
DJ Jonasty 8:11 PM - 23 January, 2014
I'll never buy another controller again. There is always some sort of compromise you are making when using one.
Musically Minded 8:35 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
I'll never buy another controller again. There is always some sort of compromise you are making when using one.

i want to agree with you, but i'm finding it hard to find any compromise with this controller (for me)....but i'll find out when i actually get one. lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:53 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I'll never buy another condom again. There is always some sort of compromise you are making when using one.

i want to agree with you, but i'm finding it hard to find any compromise with this one (for me)....but i'll find out when i actually get one. lol

Lol
DJ Dynamight 8:55 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
New vid from NAMM www.digitaldjtips.com

Oooh, aaaaah
Code:E 11:07 PM - 23 January, 2014
My local music store's main sales guy/owner (who I deal with all the time, and buy all my gear from) is at namm and I have been texting him everytime I see a new product i want to get me my price and expected delivery times on it. If you can't be there is nice to have a guy who will check out all of this gear for me and ask the questions I want to know...
I asked him to find out if the dual soundcard in the DDJ-SZ will be able to run Serato on half and Ableton on the other half on the same computer (even if it takes both USB's) I can do that with my SL4. But up until now i couldn't see myself using a controller.... This one may change that.
DjWoody 11:51 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

for the DDJSX?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Cool.... But i just checked there website its not up for sale at the moment.

Yeah, that's the thing with Pioneer's website. They sell out quick and prices go up and down. You just have to keep checking often. The one I saw I think it was $549.
Mr. Goodkat 11:56 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Not for me no thanks.

i dont get the massive contraption part

my current setup with 2 techs and x1 and z2 mixer is 45 inches wide and weighs around 60 lbs. and this is 36 IN and weighs around 22 lbs. many flight cases now have casters on one end so you can roll it.

of course if a club has a set up you wouldnt need it. but for mobiles, home and clubs with sh#t equipment, it would be perfect.
Joee 12:13 AM - 24 January, 2014
in a word big
Watchwww.youtube.com
SG SOUNDS 12:23 AM - 24 January, 2014
DAMM DAMM DAMM!! was planning on getting a 62 now this...ddj-sz or rane 62?
Mr. Goodkat 12:58 AM - 24 January, 2014
anybody have any experience with the new pioneer magnetic fader? guess its only the in the 900 SRT, but just wondered.
Rebelguy 2:08 AM - 24 January, 2014
The unit feels really solid. I like the feel of the platters. They dont seem as heavy as the cdj-2000 platters but still feel good. The rep told me that the mic inputs have been changed as well. The competition is done.
teemac111 2:43 AM - 24 January, 2014
sl2 sold today..ddm4000 and 2 dns3700s listed....making room for this beast as we speak!!!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:45 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
sl2 sold today..ddm4000 and 2 dns3700s listed....making room for this beast as we speak!!!

Well that escalated quickly.... lol....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:52 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
My local music store's main sales guy/owner (who I deal with all the time, and buy all my gear from) is at namm and I have been texting him everytime I see a new product i want to get me my price and expected delivery times on it. If you can't be there is nice to have a guy who will check out all of this gear for me and ask the questions I want to know...
I asked him to find out if the dual soundcard in the DDJ-SZ will be able to run Serato on half and Ableton on the other half on the same computer (even if it takes both USB's) I can do that with my SL4. But up until now i couldn't see myself using a controller.... This one may change that.

Yes you can use the soundcard with 2 different programs on the same laptop. Watch the video that digital djtips put up, if I'm not mistaken he talks about exactly what your asking.
DJ Jonasty 3:42 AM - 24 January, 2014
Condoms are for single men
Kool DJ Sheak One 3:57 AM - 24 January, 2014
The airhorn button section is mad corny and a waste of space.
Impossible to scratch with the platters at any setting.
Apparently the firmware isn't ready yet :/
Pads were nice for drumming and pressure sensitive tho!
Rebelguy 3:59 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
The airhorn button section is mad corny and a waste of space.
Impossible to scratch with the platters at any setting.
Apparently the firmware isn't ready yet :/
Pads were nice for drumming and pressure sensitive tho!

I saw one guy doing some okay cuts on it today.
Mr. Goodkat 4:06 AM - 24 January, 2014
the airhorn section kinda reminds me of those old school gemini mixers. now they need a single pad 4 second sampler at 8 bit 22.1khz.
dj jamalot 4:26 AM - 24 January, 2014
Man when that came out that dirty clicky sampler was tha bizness
djkurve 4:34 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
More like $788 ish...

$700.

+1
dj jamalot 8:47 PM - 24 January, 2014
anyone found a cheaper price than $1999 PSSL will match...
dj jamalot 8:48 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

I'm Ready to pre order and need a lower price...
Rebelguy 8:55 PM - 24 January, 2014
Cheap prices are probably going to be tough to get at the beginning because of demand.
dj jamalot 8:57 PM - 24 January, 2014
yeah i know... but it doesn't hurt to try...
Mighty Dragon Sounds 9:08 PM - 24 January, 2014
Hell PSSL owes me big time for their lateness with my Reloop 8000s........ Maybe I can haggle them down for their lateness!
Joee 9:09 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

ummm yea…just over $1,700…..i'm waiting trying to get it for $1,650 max
dj jamalot 9:11 PM - 24 January, 2014
Hey 1700 is better than 1999 where at?
popnwave 9:48 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey 1700 is better than 1999 where at?

Pioneer is quoting $1999 MSRP on their site (which conflicts with some of the pre releases saying a $2300/2400 MSRP). This leads me to think that the big dealers have got to be hitting $250-300 lower than that which lends to the the ~$1700 figure.
Mr. Goodkat 9:33 PM - 25 January, 2014
Has an official street date or ship date been confirmed?
|DJSIGMA| 10:10 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
looks like it's time to get the big brother!!! When does this thing Drop???

This Drops in March
Joee 2:23 PM - 8 February, 2014
Mr. Goodkat 8:33 PM - 8 February, 2014
ive gotta get it for the virtual lick shot machine.
IGY J 7:46 AM - 24 April, 2017
Bom dia, alguem já teve problemas com a placa de audio ou saidas de audio da controladora DDJ- SZ ?