Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Colour scheme / symbols/icons for crates / cue points

Jensen Määäm 12:58 PM - 21 January, 2014
1) I guess, since Serato came up with SDJ they want to have it look different from SSL. I understand, but I dislike the colour scheme of SDJ, I would love to have the same colour scheme as in SSL. Is it possible to have it look like SSL?
2) The symbols/icons for crates and subcrates look terrible in SDJ, so much going on in such a little thing, why do you make it so hard on the eyes when it was so easy and pleasant to look at in SSL, go back to it!
3) The background of the songlist was plain and simple black, easy to read in SSL.
It's not easy and not pleasant to look at it in SDJ anymore, this alternate black and grey is bad.
4) I was setting a cue point in SDJ and I got a different colour, compared to if I would set the same cue point in SSL, no problem, but I couldn't change the colour, was it me just not knowing how to do so or is it just not possible to change the colour of the cue points?
Jensen Määäm 1:05 PM - 21 January, 2014
SSL:
- Smartcrates blue
- Crates and subcrates brown
It's so much easier to distinguish and more pleasant for the eyes,
than what we have in SDJ, too complicate that little s in the corner of the icon!
Please go back to the SSL style.
boabmatic 2:08 PM - 21 January, 2014
I like the blue feel to SDJ but agree the library track panel doesn't look great with the alternating lines.

CTRL + Click - on the cue point to change colour. (right click doesn't work anymore)
Jensen Määäm 2:13 PM - 21 January, 2014
Thanks!
nik39 2:03 AM - 22 January, 2014
Totally agree. I don't understand the sense of some of these GUI changes.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:39 AM - 11 February, 2014
In the short term we'd like to make the Smart Crates easier to differentiate. Long term being able to change the colour of crates is something we could look at too.
Jensen Määäm 12:02 AM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
In the short term we'd like to make the Smart Crates easier to differentiate. Long term being able to change the colour of crates is something we could look at too.

What about all the scroll bars in SDJ? Maybe you guys don't have that problem, because when you are on a Mac, you can just use the trackpad to scroll up and down, but try to see that little thing in the scroll bar to scroll up or down when you are on a Windows laptop, it is pretty much impossible. I mean it hurts even to ask for things like that, because it is so obvious and you had it done the right way in SSL.
pueblofunky 7:19 AM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
What about all the scroll bars in SDJ? Maybe you guys don't have that problem, because when you are on a Mac, you can just use the trackpad to scroll up and down, but try to see that little thing in the scroll bar to scroll up or down when you are on a Windows laptop, it is pretty much impossible. I mean it hurts even to ask for things like that, because it is so obvious and you had it done the right way in SSL.

+ 1
pueblofunky 7:30 AM - 12 February, 2014
I'm really missing the GUI of SSL.

In SDJ:

- I hate the bold font.
- I hate the background color every 2nd line in the library view.

I don't understand why Serato forces use to use THIS and only THIS view.

Why are there no preferences in the library view + display?

I am really surprised that they have added an option between blue and gray. Why not for the other things?

Why not much more control over the view. Open a window and display all columns or let us enter the RGB values for the different things (font, played tracks, background colour, scroll bars, etc.).

Above are the 2 main show stopper to switch to SDJ although
- I could use it with the DJM-900 SRT in my main club.
- I would buy a SL2,3,4 for at home.

I still prefer to play with SSL 2.5 (+ SL1 connected) - at home and in my main club.
Jensen Määäm 2:01 PM - 15 February, 2014
There is another thing, when you are coming from SSL your cue points get the colour in a certained order (red, yellow, green, baby blue, dark blue...), now when using to SDJ you don't get the same colours in that order, that's very bad. I know you can change it, but damn that is inconveniend and a lot of work! Why the heck did you guys chang that? Oh, don't say there was SDJ before, but now you are merging the 2 software into one, so breaking the colour routine is a very bad move! I want it back like it was in SSL!
pueblofunky 8:56 PM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:
I want it back like it was in SSL!

+1
Digital Sensory 12:14 PM - 9 May, 2014
Quote:

I still prefer to play with SSL 2.5 (+ SL1 connected) - at home and in my main club.

I agree. I have the SL1 and the SL4 and I always use my original. I try to use the SL4 all the time but I like how the SL1 works better.
As for SDJ I like some of the new stuff but I prefer SSL.
Maybe I'm stubborn, don't like change, or SSL is just better!