Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Recording my set while using DDJ SX

peddy81 7:00 PM - 15 January, 2014
Hi
This has probably been asked before but cant find definite answer. I have a DDJ SX, how can i record my set whilst serato DJ 1.5 and controller are connected.
I will be doing this via headphones out of the controller at nightime whilst kids are in bed so I dont wake them, (the idea being i listen to the mix in the car the next day on CD, therefore deciding what combos would be good for playing in club at weekend)

Is this indeed possible ? because its through head phones I would normally cross fade using gain 1 and gain 2 (as main cross fade only works when going out through monitors/main output/PA)
In summary how do I record set whilst using the controller whilst using headphones ??
Thanks
Peddy
phatbob 10:45 PM - 15 January, 2014
Turn off your amp or powered speakers.

Open Record tab in software. Set to 'Mix'. Hit record.

Activate Master Cue on the controller and turn the cue mix fully to Master.

Mix as normal.
Draven1327 10:52 PM - 15 January, 2014
what he said...

use cue mix levels to hear the mix how you like it, use the faders to control output to recording. takes little bit to get used to but its easier than you think
Sulogno 7:33 PM - 17 June, 2014
how is the recording quality? is it uploadable quality?
Sulogno 7:02 PM - 9 September, 2014
i recorded a set using ddj sx..however, the sound quality of the set sounds a bit softer than the tracks played seperately.. is it supposed to sound this way only? is there a way make the set sound punchier?
DJ WILLIE 1:24 AM - 22 October, 2014
Quote:
i recorded a set using ddj sx..however, the sound quality of the set sounds a bit softer than the tracks played seperately.. Is it supposed to sound this way only? is there a way make the set sound punchier?

By chance did you ever find a way to make the mix sound cleaner and more punchier as when I record my mixes they sound dull and sound like AM station no eq or no bass or nothing just dull.

Thanks any help I will appreciate

: )
Kristian Valdini 6:58 AM - 22 October, 2014
Mix levels etc are all fine... I record plenty of sets and they sound crisp and have enough bass/hi dynamics.

If you auto gain is already set across your tracks to a decent level (without clipping in the red) and you are using decent quality files (320k upwards) you will have a nice sound. Perhaps just check that your 'Recording Level' on the SX is set so that the input signal is hitting the final yellow bars (before the red!) using a test track that you know to be 'loud'.

From here you are good to go.

I simply take the finished recording (.wav is my export file type) >>> Ableton > Trim (if required) and drop into iTunes (EQ turned off!) and convert to .mp3 to upload online/share etc.

K