Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Quick question before I buy a new Controller.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
keennzo 7:03 AM - 11 January, 2014
Sup guys,

I'm switching from traktor to serato.
My setup is Numark mixtrack pro + Vestax pmc 17a.

I can use both the mixer & mixtrack in traktor but I can't in Serato DJ. I guess my main question is: If I buy a rane SL2 can I connect my mixtrack pro & my mixer together & use it with SSL?

I've done a little bit of previous research but couldn't find any real concrete answers.

Thanks.

deejdave 9:23 AM - 12 January, 2014
You can use the Mixtrack Pro with Serato DJ Intro OR Serato DJ if you purchase the $129 license. serato.com You can use the SL2 with SSL with either but you will need players or something to control the decks with as you can not map the mixtrack to SSL.

May I ask what made you think you can't use the Mixtrack in Serato DJ?

That being said I noticed you said before I purchase a new controller and TBH i would suggest exactly that. The mixtrack is great for beginners and the Vestax was great in its day and is still great in the analog world but coming from traktor you may find yourself feeling limited. Don't get me wrong with Serato DJ you will be greatly pleased and IMO (as a user of Traktor, Rekordbox & Serato) is much better in terms of getting your ideas to your crowd but you need the right tools and in all honesty without performance pads you just won't get the whole SDJ experience so the obvious answer would be looking for a controller with performance pads.
djjohnnycat 4:52 AM - 24 June, 2016
Hi there, I've got a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 and running serato scratch live rane sl1 currently with version 1.6.2 but I will update that soon. I'm wondering what controllers will I be compatible with? I'm looking for something slightly above entry level and with my budget likely 2nd hand. Thanks. Jcat