Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Initially Serato DJ would not recognise my decks, now thee software will notopen

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 8.1
Platform
-
Dr_Lawless 7:19 PM - 9 January, 2014
I was running Serato DJ on another laptop running Windows 8 with no issues. That laptop was broken and I bought a new one that is running windows 8.1.

Initially I installed hte software and it opened but did not see my decks attached, I tried all my USB ports with no results. I have made sure the Sound settings were correct on the computer so I know that is not hte issue.

Today when I went to trouble shoot some more, I clicked the Serato icon and the computer thought for second then nothing. The software wil not open. So I uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no results. The software will just not open at all.

pueblofunky 7:36 PM - 9 January, 2014
You could try to start Serato as administrator.

Look around how-to. I think you can mark this info in the Serato icon properties.
Dr_Lawless 8:03 PM - 9 January, 2014
I am running in administrator currently with no results
Dr_Lawless 8:08 PM - 9 January, 2014
I would really like to know if Serato is working on making the software compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1 and what the status is on that, cuz for right now it does not make sense for DJs running on new gear to bother with their software at this point.

If anyone has any suggestions on other software that will run on a new system pleast shoot me those suggestions too.

Thanks
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:34 PM - 13 January, 2014
Hi Dr_Lawless,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Can you tell me your full computer specs?

Can you install an older version of Serato DJ and get it working? - serato.com

Matt P
8:00 AM, 28 Jan 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.