Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

older 640x480 videos

FunkyRob 3:33 AM - 30 December, 2013
since switching to an HDMI cable, all the older 640x480 videos don't fill out the screen anymore and are leaving large black bars on the sides.

What am I missing?
DJMark 7:16 AM - 30 December, 2013
Probably your display/projector is set not to "stretch" 4x3 content...maybe the setting is input by input (if you're using the same display or projector) if the only change you made was the cable...
Joshua Carl 6:11 PM - 30 December, 2013
unless you want to stretch then and jack up the Aspect ratio then I would keep it there.
if your using Mix Emergency it has a default feature to fill those black bars with reflections or blurs.

personally Ill take black bars or stretched people anyday.
djnak 12:59 AM - 31 December, 2013
Quote:
since switching to an HDMI cable, all the older 640x480 videos don't fill out the screen anymore and are leaving large black bars on the sides.

What am I missing?

A Video that isn't stretched and has proper aspect ratio...

Quote:

if your using Mix Emergency it has a default feature to fill those black bars with reflections or blurs.

personally Ill take black bars OVER stretched people anyday.

*fixed but +111111

once you notice how f'd your 640 x 480 's look stretched it will begin to really bother you....

hence when I do a 640 x 480 edit I will fill in the sides with blur and make it a I guess semi wide screen? ...so my edits will show up with proper a/r on systems that are stretched