Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Save Song Automation

DJCY 10:47 AM - 26 December, 2013
By saying saving automation, I mean, all the knobs you turn and levels, effects, everything you do while a song is playing.

It would be nice if SDJ could save the all the automation for a track so you can enable or disable to play with automation. You might also want to be able to load different automations, these would be saved i the SDJ db directory.

By saying saving automation, I mean, all the knobs you turn and levels, effects, everything.

So if it was enabled, SDJ would play the song back exactly as you last saved the automation.

You would be able to change anything on the fly as usual, but when you move that knob, for example the deck 1 bass, that knob would no longer follow the saved automation until you click the resume/enable automation button.

So you would have a button for: ENABLE/RESUME AUTOMATION, this button would toggle to DISABLE AUTOMATION, You might also have a LOAD, and SAVE Button for the saving and loading different automations.

This saving of automatons would be useful, if you everytime you play a song, you need to censure some lyrics in the same place, or like to add a loop roll everytime but still want to be able to change it up on the fly.
Davideon 3:00 PM - 26 December, 2013
Why not just play a cd of a previous mix?

If you want to "add a loop roll everytime but still want to change it on the fly" - you can do this already without the need for automation
DJCY 3:41 PM - 26 December, 2013
playing the previous recorded mix is not the same as playing the same automation, where you can re-do only the parts you want to without having to mix over the previous recording. You would be actually taking control of the mix.
DJCY 5:51 PM - 8 April, 2014
This was previously called mixtape where it saved all the knob movements into ableton, this would be nice to have back
Mr Wilks 1:06 PM - 15 July, 2014
Looks like we got our wish with "Serato flips" which could be coming soon.

It's hinted here www.numark.com