DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Cue Points on the GO?

DJ_Gold 4:56 AM - 24 December, 2013
Is there an app that allows you to load music on to a mobile device and set cue points then dump them off to your comp? This would allow me to get my crates in order quicker.
Laz219 5:10 AM - 24 December, 2013
Not yet,
I think it'll probably end up becoming a feature of the Ipad app eventually though.
RobDJ dotcom 3:58 PM - 24 December, 2013
Get a Windows 8 tablet.
DJ_Gold 5:34 PM - 25 December, 2013
Quote:
Get a Windows 8 tablet.


Just got the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. What does the windows tablet have as in apps to do cue points?
slimmjimm 8:31 PM - 25 December, 2013
Quote:
Just got the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. What does the windows tablet have as in apps to do cue points?



Windows.
Laz219 11:43 AM - 27 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Just got the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. What does the windows tablet have as in apps to do cue points?



Windows.



As in.... you can run the proper serato software on it. Not some kind of seperate app.
DJ_Gold 2:52 AM - 28 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just got the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. What does the windows tablet have as in apps to do cue points?



Windows.



As in.... you can run the proper serato software on it. Not some kind of seperate app.


Both
Laz219 10:03 PM - 29 December, 2013
I wasn't asking, was....explaining further.
But yeah, for library management, unless the ipad app gains the functionality soon, a surface would be a good idea.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:48 PM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Is there an app that allows you to load music on to a mobile device and set cue points then dump them off to your comp? This would allow me to get my crates in order quicker.

Plannin on getting your cue points set up while your on the plane to tomarowworld...nice time managmentm
DJ_Gold 11:00 PM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Is there an app that allows you to load music on to a mobile device and set cue points then dump them off to your comp? This would allow me to get my crates in order quicker.

Plannin on getting your cue points set up while your on the plane to tomarowworld...nice time managmentm


So now I can't ask a question?
RobDJ dotcom 5:11 PM - 31 December, 2013
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
slimmjimm 5:55 PM - 31 December, 2013
Quote:
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?


What?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:07 PM - 31 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?


What?

He said WHAT DOES MARCELLUS LOOK LIKE!!!
slimmjimm 9:15 PM - 31 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?


What?

He said WHAT DOES MARCELLUS LOOK LIKE!!!



Wh-WHAT!?!??
DJ Inubito 10:15 PM - 31 December, 2013
Couldn't you just export some of the stuff you want to take "on the go" to a thumb drive with a serato library database? I know DJ does this and i'm sure Itch and Live do as well.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:17 PM - 31 December, 2013
Quote:
Couldn't you just export some of the stuff you want to take "on the go" to a thumb drive with a serato library database? I know DJ does this and i'm sure Itch and Live do as well.

How would he set the cue points?
DJ Inubito 10:23 PM - 31 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Couldn't you just export some of the stuff you want to take "on the go" to a thumb drive with a serato library database? I know DJ does this and i'm sure Itch and Live do as well.


How would he set the cue points?


Ah, my bad. I didn't realize he wanted to set cue points from the device itself.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:51 PM - 31 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Couldn't you just export some of the stuff you want to take "on the go" to a thumb drive with a serato library database? I know DJ does this and i'm sure Itch and Live do as well.


How would he set the cue points?


Ah, my bad. I didn't realize he wanted to set cue points from the device itself.

Ya, the thread title "Cue points on the go" is kinda vauge.....
yasaduana 12:33 PM - 16 September, 2018
Been looking around for a way to set cues on the go. If serato could develop that kind of app that would be sooo great!
yasaduana 12:36 PM - 16 September, 2018
I found that recordbox has an app that will allow you to set cues on the go but still not sure how to import and convert it to serato.
DJ_Gold 2:15 AM - 17 September, 2018
Quote:
Been looking around for a way to set cues on the go. If serato could develop that kind of app that would be sooo great!


+1
Dj Wunder 6:13 PM - 18 September, 2018
say what again...
Mr. Goodkat 6:29 PM - 18 September, 2018
what does cues on the go mean?
utradar 8:14 PM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
what does cues on the go mean?


I'm guessing the OP wants an app on a different device to create cue points that sync up to the library on OPs laptop.
Mr. Goodkat 9:11 PM - 18 September, 2018
thats a bit too ambitious for serato.
Gio Alex 1:27 AM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
what does cues on the go mean?


It means opening your laptop and setting cue points. Maybe I'm from a different era, but I thought the idea of a laptop was already "ON THE GO", guess that ain't the case anymore.
novakone 6:20 AM - 19 September, 2018
Nah old man. Some people can’t take their laptop to work.

I’ve beeen thinking the same recently.
I use my phone to order, rate and playlist music all day.
Would be great if I could add other metadata or cue points to be synced back up when I’m back next to my MacBook.
Gio Alex 4:48 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
Nah old man. Some people can’t take their laptop to work.


Remote into your laptop then, from your work computer.
Logisticalstyles 5:36 PM - 19 September, 2018
Quote:
Remote into your laptop then, from your work computer.


Not everyone uses a computer at work.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:15 PM - 19 September, 2018
in 5 years serato couldn't even port the remote app to android, do you think they are ever going to make an app like this to set cues and for library management, you have more of a chance of them re-releasing scratch live
Mr. Goodkat 1:21 AM - 20 September, 2018
yeah, the days of innovation at serato are done
DJ_Gold 7:57 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
what does cues on the go mean?


I'm guessing the OP wants an app on a different device to create cue points that sync up to the library on OPs laptop.


Yes
SUBSTANCE 8:20 PM - 1 October, 2018
I would use an app with library management that syncs to the SDJ library.
Gio Alex 10:44 PM - 8 October, 2018
Quote:
in 5 years serato couldn't even port the remote app to android, do you think they are ever going to make an app like this to set cues and for library management, you have more of a chance of them re-releasing scratch live


We can't even get SP-6 offline
moosl 8:27 PM - 5 November, 2018
Did u try spy somebody with mrecorder.com spy phone on Android? Is it work good? Where can we test it ?