Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

No Video at all in Serato Dj using Serato Video

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Host
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Dmak 1:46 AM - 19 December, 2013
I'm using an Alienware PC to run Serato Dj and Serato Video. No problems what-so-ever, until now
I have been loading videos and trying to play them, I get the sound, but no video at all. No previews, whether I plug into my DDJ SX or not. I have installed the required Quicktime. I've adjusted my graphics card like recommended in other posts. I've re-analyzed my video files. I've updated codecs. I'm at a complete loss as to why I can't even get a video preview. The videos play in Quicktime, Windows Media Player and Media Monkey, but nothing in Serato. HELP!!!

Serato DJ 1.5.2
Serato Video 1.1.0
Alienware
Intel Core i7 Q 740 @ 1.73 GHz
6 GB Ram
AMD CrossFireX ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1

Dmak 1:53 AM - 19 December, 2013
I just bought Serato Video, just so that's clear. It hasn't worked yet.
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:53 AM - 19 December, 2013
Hey Dmak,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Sounds like there is a conflict going on. Have you installed any other media or audio software before you started to no longer be able to see your videos? What changed?
Any windows updates etc?

Regards
Dave W
Dmak 3:12 AM - 19 December, 2013
No I removed Quicktime, and allowed Serato video to download the compatible version. Before that I downloaded Media Monkey to manage my files. It's weird that my video files play the music, just not showing any video. Does Serato Video not not like my video card?
Xfade 9:26 AM - 19 December, 2013
Have you turned on the Serato Video plugin inside Serato Dj?
Dmak 8:32 PM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Have you turned on the Serato Video plugin inside Serato Dj?

Yes, it's on. Turned it off and on several times. I've uninstalled Serato Video and re-installed 3 times. Nothing.

Thanks for responding everyone, I'm just really frustrated.
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:47 AM - 20 December, 2013
Have a read of this article, this could help you fix the issue:serato.com
Also the latest version of Quicktime player: support.apple.com
Converting to a supported format: serato.com
Dmak 2:54 AM - 20 December, 2013
Quote:
Have a read of this article, this could help you fix the issue:serato.com
Also the latest version of Quicktime player: support.apple.com
Converting to a supported format: serato.com

I get all my videos from Clubkillers, I spoke with them and they said they are set up Serato Video ready. Still weird that the videos play in every media player I have except Serato Video.
I have downloaded FFDShow & Haali Media Splitter still get nothing.
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:02 AM - 20 December, 2013
Did this start happening after you install media monkey?
Any other changes you made before this happened?

Regards
Dave W
Dmak 3:05 AM - 20 December, 2013
I literally just downloaded Serato Video a couple days ago. And just a week before that I started using media to manage my music after nearly 6 or so years with itunes. Should I un-install media monkey? I'm not completely loving it anyway.
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:35 AM - 20 December, 2013
I'm not sure, the real question is did the Serato Video show views since you started using it? I'd make sure you have this installed too:support.apple.com

Regard
Dave W
Dmak 3:38 AM - 20 December, 2013
I'm going to try that when I get home tonight. I have never had video views in Serato Video since I downloaded it. It plays the music, it can read the wave forms, and I analyzed all the tracks. Just no video.
Dmak 11:50 PM - 27 January, 2014
Still nothing works, any chance of a refund?