Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How to use Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 with my actual setup

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
yo_ven 8:20 AM - 17 December, 2013
I just bought the Kontrol x1 mk2 and i cant figure out how to map/use this controller on SSL. My current setup is 2 sl1200 mk2, Rane TTM 57sl running on mac os x 10.9. Please help me out!!
Laz219 8:33 AM - 17 December, 2013
Mapping is incredibly easy in SSL,
At the top right hand corner you'll find a button labelled 'midi'
Click this to enter mapping mode.

To map a control, simply click on it- then push the button you'd like to use on the controller.
If the box turns green, you're good to go.
See here:
serato.com
yo_ven 11:30 AM - 17 December, 2013
Yeah i know how to map, but the thing is that SSL is not allowing me to Map the kontrol x1 mk2 like any other mappable device and cant figure out how to do so..
Rane, Support
RafaelM 8:00 PM - 17 December, 2013
This should help:

Pt 1: Watchwww.youtube.com

Pt 2: Watchwww.youtube.com

**Make sure you are not in ABS mode on the virtual decks. ABS does not allow for MIDI mapping.
yo_ven 6:45 AM - 18 December, 2013
Thanks for the reply but this wont work as i have the X1 mk2 which is completely different from the MK1 except the FX part.. the controller editor is not even recognizing the device and i'm still not being able to use the X1 mk2 on SSl :(
Rane, Support
RafaelM 8:24 PM - 18 December, 2013
Check with MID Monitor and see if the X1 is sending any signals at all.

Download and more info here: www.snoize.com
Djgalileo 8:35 PM - 18 December, 2013
so the native instruments controller editor isn't even picking up the x1 mk2?
yo_ven 6:49 AM - 19 December, 2013
@djgalileo what a coincidence i work for a firm called Galileo.. hehehe.. and yes the Controller editor isn't detecting the X1 mk2 and the connect thing is greyed!
beezwax 7:17 PM - 19 December, 2013
Have you installed the Native Instruments controller editor software? I had to do that in order to install the drivers for my Kontrol X1 before Scratch Live would recognise it. It's also useful for the re-mapping process...

This was a while ago so I don't know if it's changed for the X1 mk2
yo_ven 4:40 AM - 20 December, 2013
Yups mate already installed the controller editor but its not recognizing the X1 mk2! The "connect" option is greyed out so can't connect my X1 Mk2 and its not recognizing it nor i can see it as a midi device on my mac..
beezwax 10:24 AM - 20 December, 2013
Sorry, was on my phone and didn't even see that you'd already installed the controller editor software.

I think this is a Native Instruments problem rather than a Serato one - you can't do anything with the X1 if the computer won't recognize it.

Have you tried a different cable and a different USB port? Probably also worth trying uninstalling and reinstalling the Controller Editor software and also trying a different computer before you give up and send the controller back....
djses 7:52 PM - 8 June, 2015
and yes the Controller editor isn't detecting the X1 mk2 and the connect thing is greyed!

Was there ever a solution to this i'm having the same problems
DjBLiZ 9:17 PM - 25 August, 2015
would it help to use MidiPipe to map the X1 MK2 to Scratch Live?
Sugar222 10:28 PM - 2 September, 2015
Where can i download rhe controller editor software?