Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

FX Input AND Output Routing With SL3/SL4

TelosHedge 6:22 AM - 17 December, 2013
I nearly had a heart attack when i saw that SDJ 1.6.0 was supporting AUX out in the FX section. However, once i started playing with it, i realized i was jumping the gun.

You guys added the AUX section to be routed through the FX, but you only get effects through whatever input you've routed from. I'd LOVE to be able to route the wet effect of a different channel (1, 2, 3, or 4) to run through the AUX. Yes, my friendly friends, I'd like post fader effects.
masterbender 1:28 PM - 17 December, 2013
i`d like post fader effects to :)
Dax 8:58 AM - 19 December, 2013
could never understand why you can't do this with SL3 ,seams like a no brainer thing to have implemented,so a big +1 from me.
Kieron J 5:48 PM - 8 February, 2014
+1 Please install a simple feature like in the SP6 where you can set it to output through the aux channel! Would make things so much easier! Especially now I can't create custom effects with auto fades like in scratch live!
Konix 3:02 AM - 9 February, 2014
What you can do is if you have the SL3 or SL4, and a mixer with a send/return, is run the send into either input 3 or 4 on the SL box, and set that deck to THRU. Now select that deck as the output in the DJ-FX. Engage the send on the mixer, play around with the FX. Voila, post-fader effects.

Obviously, if you have the SL3 then you can't be using the Aux/third deck/input, so two decks only. Same with the SL4, you can't be using all 4 decks/inputs. Got to have at least one spare open input on the SL box. You have have to keep the buffer/latency sliders pretty low.
Konix 3:03 AM - 9 February, 2014
Oh and of course, send the output on the SL box back to the return on the mixer.
Kieron J 4:41 AM - 9 February, 2014
Konix, is this possible in Serato DJ? I am not sure I've come across a way to set the output of an FX to a certain deck or output on my SL3

I may have missed something though, let me know!

Cheers, Kieron
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:43 AM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
What you can do is if you have the SL3 or SL4, and a mixer with a send/return, is run the send into either input 3 or 4 on the SL box, and set that deck to THRU. Now select that deck as the output in the DJ-FX. Engage the send on the mixer, play around with the FX. Voila, post-fader effects.

Thank you so much, I would have never of thought of this!!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:38 PM - 10 February, 2014
Quote:
Konix, is this possible in Serato DJ? I am not sure I've come across a way to set the output of an FX to a certain deck or output on my SL3I may have missed something though, let me know!Cheers, Kieron

Open the fx panel and you'll see the #1,2,3 (depending on your box) highlite 3 and uncheck 1&2 now you have post fader fx.
Cheap Monk 1:07 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
Now select that deck as the output in the DJ-FX. Engage the send on the mixer, play around with the FX. Voila, post-fader effects.

There's something i'm missing there. How can you choose the output for the fx in Scratch live or Serato DJ ?
Cheap Monk 11:30 AM - 10 November, 2015
I'm assuming people who manage to make it work haven't Rane Mixers.
Dj D.ONE 12:40 AM - 5 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Now select that deck as the output in the DJ-FX. Engage the send on the mixer, play around with the FX. Voila, post-fader effects.

There's something i'm missing there. How can you choose the output for the fx in Scratch live or Serato DJ ?

Sorry to necro this old thread.

I don't think this impossible anymore in Serato Dj. When u select 3 as the output of the effect it only applies that effect in a channel does is in thru mode and does pretty much nothing. Unfortunate,
Junior Jones 1:19 PM - 26 April, 2017
Serato - Some of us are still waiting for your response in this matter!!! it's 2017!
Why can't we route the FX wet channel to a selected aux output on our SL3/ SL4?