Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Syphon to Grand VJ

jsgwiz 6:18 PM - 12 December, 2013
Don't know if this is the right forum, but.......anyone have any knowledge on Syphon into Grand VJ2. I use ME which has native Syphon, I just can't get the two to "talk" to each other. I'm pretty sure I need a syphon qtz to get the input into Grand VJ2.... Annnnnd this is where I get lost. Any help would be great.

-Jeff
jsgwiz 8:11 PM - 12 December, 2013
not fixed
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:25 PM - 12 December, 2013
Hi Jsgwiz,

I will move this into the general discussion area as more people will be able to help you out :)

Regards
8:25 PM, 12 Dec 2013
Discussion moved to Serato Video and Video-SL General Discussion
Dj Nyce 3:49 PM - 13 December, 2013
grandvj supports syphon out natively, but for syphon in you have to use the syphon quartz.

install quartz composer if not installed already.
install the syphon plugin. it comes with qtz for client and server.
in GrandVJ import the client qtz in your MediaMaster media library or drag/drop it on a bank

the qtz will pick up the first available syphon server (the app that is sending frames via syphon). if you have multiple servers running at the same time you may have to edit the qtz to pick up a specific server.

xcode/quartz composer can be found in the app store.

syphon plugin can be found here (right-hand side under plugins): www.syphon.v002.info
Code:E 8:49 PM - 13 December, 2013
Nyce any chance you could post a screen shot of the part you need to change for the client to pick up a particular output?
Dj Nyce 6:07 AM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
Nyce any chance you could post a screen shot of the part you need to change for the client to pick up a particular output?

www.flickr.com

you can hard code the index of the structure index member. but you have to know the right the number of the spyhon server.

you can also remove the index member and both key members and hardcode the server name and the application name in the syphon client patch. to find the name/app name just close all syphon servers, start the syphon server you want to use, open up the qtz and look at the syphon client patch parameters for the name/app name.

either way, just save the qtz with the syphon server in the name so that you can re-use it without having to edit it.
Vagab0nd 6:59 AM - 28 September, 2016
How do you find the "syphon plugin." I'm trying to get this part but it seems that I cannot locate the file on the Syphon page
Code:E 11:41 PM - 28 September, 2016
You are running a mac correct? What are trying todo exactly?