Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tips: Scratch Live DJ-FX vs Serato DJ FX

9:31 PM, 26 Nov 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Rory Heath 3:02 AM - 13 January, 2014
As highlighted in your article, the echo out is pretty essential to us. I would love to have the option to tweak the details of the effect in single FX mode. Maybe even activate a few switches in it that adds in a vocoder effect, to the fade out, or a bass out filter or a hi out filter mode. A lot of space to develop something so important to us. A very big fan of the DJ FX section. Keep up the great work Kiwi's!! Haha

Also a way to visually represent the flow of the effect within the parameters would be great. What does what to what? What button controls what knob?? Etc
J.J. 3:37 PM - 13 January, 2014
Why are you guys going backwards in life? Super Knob mode let you link 3 effects, edit each 3 FX parameters (including MIDI) via Macro and save your customized FX to any name. Plus, ALL 3 EFFECTS ARE ASSIGNED TO 1 CHANNEL. With Serato DJ, you are now forced to only use 1 effect if you want to adjust some simple parameter.
True Schooler No.1 5:53 AM - 6 February, 2014
Is this a joke?? You really killed the Ultra Knob??

Bring it back! The "Combo Fade Echo" is not even close to a good sounding simple Echo effect that we're used to since years.

And you can't adjust the elements of the effect if you just have one combined one instead of THREE that you're able adjust yourself.

Why do you guys step back in time? I just don't get it.
nik39 9:53 AM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
Super Knob mode let you link 3 effects, edit each 3 FX parameters (including MIDI) via Macro and save your customized FX to any name. Plus, ALL 3 EFFECTS ARE ASSIGNED TO 1 CHANNEL.

I agree, it would be great to have this back, esp. the ability to save your effect settings.
True Schooler No.1 8:44 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
I agree, it would be great to have this back, esp. the ability to save your effect settings.

+10
DJPETE 215 8:11 PM - 14 March, 2014
What happened to the option to on Rel Mode (scratch live) U could select the song from the start rewind it fast forward it select between 33, 45) Like there killing me.. here.. They took out echo out.. which is what i used to blend in a new track.... I mean if my 62 works fine on scratch live.. I have no reason.. to use serato Dj.. unless they bring these key features back!!! Also we need a way to detect duplicate files..PLEASE!!!!
J.J. 12:06 AM - 15 March, 2014
33/45 is now hidden in the Setup --> DJ Preferences --> Virtual Deck Speed --> 33 or 45 RPM.

Rewind and Fast Forward have been taken out to coincide with the new cleaner interface. I'm assuming they figured you could manually rewind on your controller or turntable. Maybe jump around using the Track Overview Display?

I would like the Next Track button brought back.

Where is Beat Jump? It is 2014 already. I'm also still waiting on SPLICE.
dj crys 12:28 PM - 30 March, 2014
Please bring back the simple echo out!
Lide 8:02 PM - 17 April, 2014
SAVE SETTINGS AND ULTRA KNOB CHAINABLE FX

+1
dj genius 33 2:13 AM - 18 July, 2014
Do i always have to press the tap button to get my echo/delay to work properly and in sync to the song i am playing....or is there a workaround
JonathanP 8:16 AM - 15 August, 2014
Please add the ability to control more than one parameter with the "echo out" effect. This is the most essential effect for a lot of DJ's!
Rory Heath 9:26 PM - 18 August, 2014
Quote:
Please add the ability to control more than one parameter with the "echo out" effect. This is the most essential effect for a lot of DJ's!

+1
controversial 1:35 AM - 23 October, 2014
echo out is back, check out the new 1.7.2 beta!!!
Rory Heath 1:38 AM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:

So glad to see that!!
L.Mattos 7:45 PM - 11 November, 2014
Quote:
SAVE SETTINGS AND ULTRA KNOB CHAINABLE FX

+1
DJPETE 215 5:13 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
YES AWESOME THANKS SERATO
musiclee 1:56 AM - 24 January, 2015
Does this Flex FX with SDJ apply to ALL Rane Mixers?
Even the MP25?

I don't see the USB INSERT button on this.

Can I use Serato fx and control them?
Miami Premier Djs 4:49 PM - 9 May, 2015
Someone asked a question I have been curious about for some time.
"Do i always have to press the tap button to get my echo/delay to work properly and in sync to the song i am playing....or is there a workaround"
I have tried leaving the quantize button on but it doesn't seem to make a difference and it actually makes my beat map feel like it is not accurate no matter what setting I have it on. Any suggestions??
Also whoever has purchased the flip feature, is it worth it to purchase?
dj Smiley Mike 1:08 AM - 17 May, 2015
Wow... agreed that Serato DJ is a huge step backwards on the FX.

3 FX per side with advanced control of parameters + linking multiple parameters to a single knob is ESSENTIAL.

I don't like the new HPF and LPF and I have no way of tuning the sound.

Single effects mode is useless to me. I often run HPF & LPF on both sides at various degrees. Serato DJ is very limiting for this kind of application.

It makes me want to stay with Scratch Live.

:(
Deejay Silence 10:52 AM - 20 May, 2015
Is there a time stretch fx that i can use it on a track on the fly?
VJ DJ J-ROCK 2:07 PM - 23 January, 2016
Hi everyone need to know how to stop my video FX from changing..for every song I play the Fx change randomly..I'd like to have to know the option to stop That from happening..thank you cheers! 😊
VJ DJ J-ROCK 2:10 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Hi everyone need to know how to stop my video FX from changing..for every song I play the Fx change randomly..I'd like to know the option to stop That from happening..thank you cheers! 😊
liona123 9:19 AM - 8 February, 2017
Quote:
duplicate

Try Duplicate Files Deleter as it can remove any problems that you might have.
Dave Martin 11:24 AM - 28 July, 2017
I agree with this...I've finally been forced to move to Serato DJ - very reluctantly. So far, really not enjoying anything about it more than Live tube honest...but I'll persevere.

The comment below sums up my issue...I'm hoping that this isn't the case as it's a glaringly disastrous move if so. Is there no way to custom set effects parameters in 3 x effect mode (and save them) now, as there was in live? HPF is horrible and I use delay and echo which I'd made on Live which now I can't seem to edit.

Please can somebody advise?

Thanks

Quote:
Wow... agreed that Serato DJ is a huge step backwards on the FX.

3 FX per side with advanced control of parameters + linking multiple parameters to a single knob is ESSENTIAL.

I don't like the new HPF and LPF and I have no way of tuning the sound.

Single effects mode is useless to me. I often run HPF & LPF on both sides at various degrees. Serato DJ is very limiting for this kind of application.

It makes me want to stay with Scratch Live.

:(