Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How to connect/switch to another laptop on a DJM-900SRT in the club?

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DJM-900SRT
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 10:51 PM - 11 December, 2013
My main club has the DJM-900 SRT as the new standard mixer. :-)

I'd to play with my SL1 last night because I didn't get informed bedore. ;-)

I just studied all connections, etc. but my question #1 is:

When I connect my laptop with the USB on the mixer and the 2nd dj at the night who also uses Serato DJ and wants to connect his computer to the mixer - how to do with only one USB on the mixer?

How can we switch when the music is just playing from laptop #1 and the other dj wants to continue? We are swapping multiple times per night.

Thanks.
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:16 AM - 12 December, 2013
Hi pueblofunky,

Thanks for get in touch with us. Pioneer DJM900SRT has 4 channel so you can play records or music from CDJ (CD/USB) or iPod connect through one of the line channel while doing changeover. You can unplug USB and plug next persons USB in.

For example, If you are using channel 2 & 3, plug external music source on channel 1 or 4 and play it while doing change over.

I hope this clears things up.

Kind Regards
Rui
pueblofunky 7:11 AM - 12 December, 2013
Thanks a lot - I understand.

But sometimes 2 dj's are playing together. DJ #1 2-3 tracks, DJ #2 2-3 tracks.

So both can not connect permanently the laptop on the DJM900SRT.

It might not be a problem at the moment because not all resident DJs have Serato DJ (yet) but maybe during the next 2-3 month because the DJM900SRT is fix in the club now.

For future mixers it might be better to have 1-2 USB per channel and select the USB 1 or 2 on the input selector on the channel mixer. I think there is no other way in the future. ;-)

Maybe below or at the side of the input selector - not behind where all other connectors are - because this part is not accessable for us DJs in the club (something built over to avoid connect/disconnect cables by DJs).
pueblofunky 7:15 AM - 12 December, 2013
Correct my sentence above (sorry): "For future mixers it might be better to have 1-2 USB per channel and select the USB 1 or 2 on the input selector."

Or 2 USB (for each laptop) and the channels can be selected to a USB (1 or 2) - like it is possible with the faders. However - it is more complex and not so nice.
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:46 AM - 13 December, 2013
Hi pueblofunky,

Thanks for reply. Yes, 2 USB input will be awesome. You can always leave some ideas on our feature suggestion forum - serato.com

I will close this thread for now however please do not hesitate to start new thread for any help in the future.

Kind Regards
Rui