Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Do i Have to Buy Serato Dj twice ?

dj tommy tk 8:12 AM - 10 December, 2013
I purchased serato dj for my pc and it worked fine and I really enjoy it,
But i recently bought myself a MacBook Pro, and now would like to have serato Dj on my mac.
can I re-download serato if you send another email with the download or do I have to pay the money again to purchase the software.
thanks
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:25 AM - 10 December, 2013
No you need to deactivate it on the PC then activate it on the MAC. You can only have one activte laptop.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:35 PM - 10 December, 2013
Hi dj tommy tk

Quote:
You can only have one activte laptop.

That is not entirely correct. You are allowed to use one license at a time, but we actually allow to activate two machines with one license.

I also just checked your profile and you have only one activation used so far, so the other one is still free to be used with your Mac.
If you had a third computer though, you would either have to buy another license or deactivate one of the currently enabled ones first.

All you need to do is
download and run Serato DJ on your Mac,
use the "online" panel
and log in with your user account,
then click activate.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Karl Y
dj tommy tk 11:04 AM - 11 December, 2013
thank you so much for your help.

I now have it up and running better then ever
thanks again
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:27 PM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
Hi dj tommy tk

Quote:
You can only have one activte laptop.

That is not entirely correct. You are allowed to use one license at a time, but we actually allow to activate two machines with one license.

I also just checked your profile and you have only one activation used so far, so the other one is still free to be used with your Mac.
If you had a third computer though, you would either have to buy another license or deactivate one of the currently enabled ones first.

All you need to do is
download and run Serato DJ on your Mac,
use the "online" panel
and log in with your user account,
then click activate.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Karl Y

Well this is news to me never seen that stated before did you change something? Well that's good to know and will keep that in mind!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:07 PM - 11 December, 2013
It's always been like that as far as i know:

serato.com

:-)

Cheers
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:18 PM - 11 December, 2013
Ya so that links says how it has always been you can activate upto TWO laptop but not at the same time so you have to deactivate one to activate the other? at least thats how it sounds like it works. and thats how i have always seen it posted like when people harddrive brakes and they can not activate on another laptop because they need to deactivate the old one but they cant. and you guys have to delete that laptop from there account.

Bit confusing if i must say lol.
dj tommy tk 6:49 AM - 18 July, 2014
how do i deactivate serato on my old laptop ?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:00 AM - 28 July, 2014
Hi dj tommy tk

click on the "online" button at the bottom right
click "my serato"
(log in if required)
click "deactivate"
close with X at top right of the window
you have now deactivated that machine

:)
Cheers
Karl
dj tommy tk 3:29 AM - 3 August, 2014
legend !

so this now means i can deactivate it from one laptop
and install it again and activate it on my Mac

thanks heaps
Cadmus 12:15 AM - 18 January, 2015
Hey i'm having the same problem but there's no way i can deactivate serrate from my old laptop. I've tried downloading it again but no luck. Please help? don't wanna spend again :(
Serato
Maxime V 3:34 AM - 22 January, 2015
Hi Cadmus,

Contact the support team, they will help you sort this out
support.serato.com
DJQ123 12:58 AM - 28 September, 2015
I had serato DJ with my Pioneer DDJ SX. I recently bought a Mixdeck Quad and when I hooked it up it's telling me to purchase Serato DJ again. Do you have to buy it again?

Please let me know.

Thank you
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:55 AM - 28 September, 2015
Hey DJQ123,

The Mixdeck Quad is a Serato DJ UPGRADE ready device.
Which means you will have a to purchase a Serato DJ license for it to connect.

The Pioneer DDJ-SX is a Serato DJ READY device and unlocks Serato DJ when its connected to your computer.

Thanks,
Jamie
antwrino 7:52 PM - 17 November, 2019
Also changed from my pc to a Mac.
I bought serrate dj pro, but now when I wanted to play with the djm900nxs2 it is asking to buy serato dj pro is this something else?

I was lucky to have a 14 day trial or it was a bad night for a dj.

Do i have to buy the upgrade or is it something else?
antwrino 8:00 PM - 17 November, 2019
I think it is solved
Serato, Support
Jamie W 7:41 PM - 19 November, 2019
Hey Antwrino,

Quote:
I bought serrate dj pro, but now when I wanted to play with the djm900nxs2 it is asking to buy serato dj pro is this something else?

If you have purchased Serato DJ Pro then you will be able to connect to the Pioneer DJM900nxs2.

However... if you would like to use this mixer with Serato control vinyl and turntables. Or Serato control CDs and CDJs you will need to purchase a Serato DJ DVS license.

Check out this link for more information: serato.com

Thanks
Jamie