Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ SR DECKS 3 AND 4 PROBLEM and keylock

paultr 5:36 PM - 9 December, 2013
i have had the ddj sr for about a week and have just tries ti use deck 3 and 4 for first time and they are not producing sound the channel volume and master shows they are working and i can also cue it up in my headphones but still no sound out of the speakers.

also my key lock on right deck (2-4) keeps deactivating by its self

im just woundering f there is a fix for this as i was made up with this controller untill i found these little bugs and im considering returning it
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:40 PM - 12 December, 2013
Hey paultr,

Quote:
i have had the ddj sr for about a week and have just tries ti use deck 3 and 4 for first time and they are not producing sound the channel volume and master shows they are working and i can also cue it up in my headphones but still no sound out of the speakers.

Regarding this issue - when you change layers, you need to 'catch' the position of the fader. This is what we call fader-pickup. For example let's say you are on Channel 1 and the fader is fully-up, when you go to Channel 3 and press play you won't hear audio because the Channel 3 fader might actually be down, so you need to pull the fader down to this 'ghost' position and catch it, then bring it back up. This is by design to prevent the audio from cutting out, or being too loud when changing layers/channels. Let me know if this is the problem.

Quote:
also my key lock on right deck (2-4) keeps deactivating by its self

We've reproduce this and are looking into it now. I'm sure it's fixable :)
julian T 5:24 AM - 13 December, 2013
I am also waiting for the results of the key lock deactivating itself. I am having the same issue.
sean f 6:14 PM - 18 December, 2013
got the same problem loads ok but no main output ????
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 5:26 AM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
I am also waiting for the results of the key lock deactivating itself. I am having the same issue.

Keep checking Pioneer's site here : pioneerdj.com

I believe they will be uploading new firmware to fix this issue quite soon.
paultr 3:39 PM - 19 December, 2013
Ive sent it back now and im going to wait till january and get the sx
julian T 5:28 PM - 19 December, 2013
The new firmware is up 1.06 and it seems to be working so far. The key lock hasn't turned off and I haven't had any freezes also.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:00 PM - 19 December, 2013
Hey guys Pioneer have released new firmware for the DDJ-SR that fixes the keylock turning off randomly issue. You can download it here : pioneerdj.com

There is also steps on that page on how to update it, it's pretty easy you basically hold SHIFT + SYNC and turn the unit on, then run the JAR file. Make sure DJ is closed.
sean f 4:49 PM - 20 December, 2013
did the update ...... key lock seems ok but still a no audio on main output on decks 3 and 4 they say it has 4 deck control ... HOW ........
Unit:E 5:25 PM - 20 December, 2013
Did you try what was suggested above? Move the channel fader all the way down and back up when switched to deck 3 or 4?
Quote:

Regarding this issue - when you change layers, you need to 'catch' the position of the fader. This is what we call fader-pickup. For example let's say you are on Channel 1 and the fader is fully-up, when you go to Channel 3 and press play you won't hear audio because the Channel 3 fader might actually be down, so you need to pull the fader down to this 'ghost' position and catch it, then bring it back up. This is by design to prevent the audio from cutting out, or being too loud when changing layers/channels. Let me know if this is the problem.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:07 AM - 23 December, 2013
Let us know Sean, otherwise we'll get you to try some other stuff!
Nicki 6:38 PM - 29 December, 2013
I am also very disappointed by Pioneer and serato. No one can help. It would have to come again for a new firmware! I'm curious whether before New Year's Eve yet what.
Otherwise, I am selling my 3 Controller DDJ-SR and get me the S4 with Traktor.
Please register as soon as you have the Maybe the problem solved with new firmware, or is there another drying.
Thank you very much
Nicki
charlesobins 4:50 AM - 31 December, 2013
hi, i just got the Pioneer DDJ SR yesterday, Dec. 30, 2013 and would have wanted to use this controller tonight for the new year's eve celebrations. I was able to upgrade firmware to 1.06, the DDJ SR is already recognized by Serato DJ. I am able to load tracks, assign some CUEs but when i press PLAY, it does not work. The two virtual decks appears but waveform each time a track is loaded is not present. Pressing the PLAY via mouse does not do good either......

I am surprised though since when i use Traktor, i am able to use the controller but NO audio coming from it, i am forced to get the audio from the internal sound card...

PLEASE ASSIST PIONEER or SERATO?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 5:15 AM - 31 December, 2013
Hey charlesobins,

Hmmm it's hard to say what the problem is. What exactly do you see? No waveform at all? What exactly happens when you press play? Does the play button in the software light up?

Perhaps you could take a quick screenshot and attach it to this thread it so I can see what you're seeing.

I'm sure we can figure it out :)
charlesobins 5:25 AM - 31 December, 2013
yey...stay there..i'll post some screen shots..badly to have this working tonight..
charlesobins 5:36 AM - 31 December, 2013
Hi Logan,

am not able to attach screenshot..sniffing tool don't work either. how should i send the file?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 5:38 AM - 31 December, 2013
Do you have Skype? What's your username? Might be easier..
Otherwise you can email me on Logan@serato.com
charlesobins 5:44 AM - 31 December, 2013
sent you an email..
MC Apollo 6:13 PM - 4 January, 2017
4 decks with two channells its useless!!! recomend not buying ddj-sr ever!!!
buy a 4 channel insteaed.. to save urself a lot of headache!...
i want my money back...

:( :( :(
MC Apollo 6:15 PM - 4 January, 2017
if u had any regards for the dj -s and people buyoing ypoir stuff you would stop spreading this lies!!!! 4 decks with two cgannells like serato is set up its just unusable!!!!
:( :( :(