DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The bridge for the new serato DJ

CarlosIrizarry 9:41 PM - 19 November, 2013
Anyone know if serato will have the same capability of the bridge on the new serato DJ. I see they are getting rid of scratch live which I think is fine with serato DJ and from what I have seen not really impressed.
Code:E 7:10 PM - 20 November, 2013
There is no plans for the bridge to come to serato DJ.

Join the line of upset people.
CarlosIrizarry 8:37 PM - 20 November, 2013
That's BS! I guess I will be looking at Traktor.
djdannyd 5:20 AM - 23 November, 2013
Quote:
That's BS! I guess I will be looking at Traktor.

is traktor looking to support the bridge? or ableton for that matter? lol
Code:E 5:57 AM - 23 November, 2013
I would not call the remix decks a substitute to ableton. And if you where just going to run traktor and ableton on their own without any software link theres no reason you couldn't do the same with Serato DJ and Ableton.
CarlosIrizarry 8:15 AM - 23 November, 2013
Danny, I seen that supports ableton with a launcher of controller but I haven't really researched it. Gotta do some real research to see the direction I am going to go. I haven't even tried DJ but I saw some of it and I have to say not to impressed on the effects they have, the effects on SL are better and more.
DJ34 6:44 PM - 24 November, 2013
This is BS.... Its common sense to make the bridge for serato dj!
Code:E 7:07 PM - 24 November, 2013
Quote:

Sense is never common. Plus the bridge never really took off, so adding it to serato DJ is not a given unless more users request it. And requesting it here might not be the best place. Ableton's website is where I would make a big stink about it.
DJ34 8:45 PM - 24 November, 2013
What im saying is why wouldnt serato dj add it.. Most of us would like it and it would give all us djs a whole new level, it would make serato dj so much better. Everyone would want it! It would beat tractor and every other dj program out there.. Its like 2 in one!
Code:E 9:07 PM - 24 November, 2013
Quote:
What im saying is why wouldnt serato dj add it

Because it took years to program the 1st time. And serato is a small team. It would take the same amount of work to add it again.
Quote:
Everyone would want it! It would beat tractor and every other dj program out there

It didnt when it came out with SSL why would Serato DJ be any different?
DJ34 9:58 PM - 24 November, 2013
Well i think you should put a midi clock or something... I think its worth it! I mean you should add a section for the apc 40 and 20 an make it so you can launch something and it can sync to the main tracks
Code:E 10:06 PM - 24 November, 2013
Quote:
Well i think you should put a midi clock or something...

I dont work for serato,

But I agree completely, I wish Serato and Serato DJ have Midi clock output.

If you ever used the bridge you would learn that the sync is a bad joke. I play with the bridge lots and its just horrible (sync). If I ever play out I will only do it with 3 decks and the 3rd deck has the Ableton timecode loaded into it.
DJ34 10:12 PM - 24 November, 2013
They just need to put something like the remix decks that would be amazing! Midi clock would put serato as the top dj program!
CarlosIrizarry 11:13 PM - 24 November, 2013
Hey guys I sent a email to serato about this stating that they will have people contacting them.

Depending on your style of DJing you use the bridge a lot. I know a lot of hip hop DJ that use it since there are no remix decks like traktor.

In regards to serato making it happen, come on…they did it before. Your telling me the platform is that different. Please.

If they want to keep up with traktor there are going to have to collaborate with other companies like ableton. If not they will not survive.
DJ34 11:33 PM - 24 November, 2013
Yes i think they should team up with abelton... I dont know what there waiting for..
DJ34 11:35 PM - 24 November, 2013
Make it so you can make drum loops that will sync to the main decks! Just do something kickass!
jony G 12:50 PM - 10 December, 2013
the point is i know people that do use it , and im one of , if the coding is all ready in serato SL why not just implant it to serato DJ

sounds simple ??
Dj.B1n4ry 2:48 AM - 23 December, 2013
bump fix this! im a heavy user of bridge and mixtape and this is just nonsense
dj question 6:18 PM - 29 December, 2013
Yes sir I agree i'll go and drop a few line myself about this Mixtape and Bridge problem, Cause "I love it" like Icona Pop!!!!!
djpito 1:54 AM - 17 January, 2014
yeap i am also upset at this bs they need to add the bridge to serato dj
ThisNThat 4:39 AM - 21 January, 2014
We use the bridge in our live sets. Would pay well to have the bridge implemented into Serato DJ with tighter midi sync.
bcatdclub 8:09 AM - 24 January, 2014
I started using the bridge a few months ago. My Macbook pro got smashed and I went and bought a new MBP retina. I upgrded to live 9 and was so looking foward to using Push with the bridge to ad lib melodies in my set. Mind you this is after the news of discontinued scratch support. Even without Live running the grids really helped find breaks in a track I never played and I started relying on them to use a new track at the spur of the moment. However I really love adding beats to a track on the fly or better yet being able to jam with a track. Push really is an incredible instrument that would make my sets out of this world. I need the bridge back in my life asap. That is all! How can I do this? Someone please let me know.
The Version Suicides 3:02 AM - 4 February, 2014
Bridge for Serato DJ.

DO it.

:D
bcatdclub 7:16 AM - 4 February, 2014
This is frustrating and no reply or word. It would be nice to at least know nothing is expected. It would be better to hear that you are working on it. Please say something already.
Lx-s 11:02 AM - 4 February, 2014
NEEEEEED
AKIEM 4:32 PM - 4 February, 2014
If they cant get audio moving both directions........... fts
djdannyd 4:53 PM - 4 February, 2014
Last I heard, the limitation was with Ableton and NOT with Serato Scratch Live
AKIEM 5:26 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Last I heard, the limitation was with Ableton and NOT with Serato Scratch Live

I 'heard' that too
djdannyd 5:41 PM - 4 February, 2014
So.......should we really be wasting our time posting here? I think we should be at the Ableton forums requesting the bridge to be implemented to Serato DJ.
AKIEM 5:53 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
So.......should we really be wasting our time posting here? I think we should be at the Ableton forums requesting the bridge to be implemented to Serato DJ.

I dont actually know whos "fault" it is and dont care. one way to solve the issue could be more pressure on Serato, to put more pressure on Ableton.

As an example, I dont know whos "fault" the Mix Emergency situation was or where pressure from users helped solve that situation. I cant hurt to mention it here.

This is an open forum, perhaps someone from Ableton will notice this comment and add it to the amount of unsatisfaction being tallied up (if it is 'Abletons Fault').

A couple seconds of typing is not that much time.

I also emailed Ableton expressing my displeasure.

And now I am using your post as a catalyst to say even more shit.
Dj Ace 3:41 AM - 5 February, 2014
The bridge NEEDS to be in Serato DJ!
bcatdclub 8:34 AM - 5 February, 2014
Hello!!!!!!! Is any one there?
MBLL 1:52 PM - 10 February, 2014
Could Serato DJ at least get a in/ out midi clock, so SDJ can be sync'ed to a Ableton live set? It would also make it possible to use a external drum machine like a Roland 707 etc.
Nicky Blunt 4:13 AM - 11 February, 2014
First u cancel ssl support saying its ok sdj is fully featured! Well evidently not! I paid over 400 for ableton for this collaboration only to have you cancel it. Less than happy to say the least!!!

Just because its not used by everyone u cancel it? Same could be said of the sync button. More djs i know didnt want it?

Seems that your customer service fell off sonewhat.
AKIEM 4:16 AM - 11 February, 2014
+1 for The Bridge
dj iSOH 7:12 PM - 13 February, 2014
I started a basic thread in Ableton's forum to see what their thoughts would be on there. Please feel free to chime in there and maybe we can get both sides to make enough response to build a case for this feature?

forum.ableton.com
Nicky Blunt 7:56 PM - 13 February, 2014
The lack of any actual employees with regards to this is telling indeed!
Code:E 11:34 PM - 13 February, 2014
Quote:
The lack of any actual employees with regards to this is telling indeed!

This is in the general Video area, not the help area. They dont frequent this side of the forum very often. And they have made many comments about this question. Starting threads like this with 100's if not 1000's of members demanding the feature is the only way. And then you need to push everyone to do the same posts on the ableton forum as well.
Code:E 11:35 PM - 13 February, 2014
Also making a dozen or more youtube videos showing off how amazing the bridge is and why we want it for Serato DJ.
No Handle 6:17 PM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
Could Serato DJ at least get a in/ out midi clock, so SDJ can be sync'ed to a Ableton live set? It would also make it possible to use a external drum machine like a Roland 707 etc.

Many of the Rane mixers have MIDI beat clock output and can be synced to Ableton without the use of the Bridge (or a second soundcard).

The implementation isn't great, but at the very least, you can get Ableton to follow the mixer's MIDI beatclock output and nudge it until it's in sync.

Still, the sync in The Bridge was far superior. So far, Serato DJ has been one step forward, one step back.
MBLL 6:23 PM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Many of the Rane mixers have MIDI beat clock output and can be synced to Ableton without the use of the Bridge (or a second soundcard).

The implementation isn't great, but at the very least, you can get Ableton to follow the mixer's MIDI beatclock output and nudge it until it's in sync.

Still, the sync in The Bridge was far superior. So far, Serato DJ has been one step forward, one step back.

I have a Rane Sixty One, which do NOT have a midi clock (Same deal with the Sixty Eight). Its only the Rane Sixty Two and Sixty Four, that does have a midi clock.
hologram 8:37 PM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a Rane Sixty One, which do NOT have a midi clock (Same deal with the Sixty Eight). Its only the Rane Sixty Two and Sixty Four, that does have a midi clock.

Hmm never tried this.
Might be the right option.
audiomontana 3:16 PM - 17 February, 2014
What is really dissappointing is that the true reason to use bridge in the first place was lost on seratos first implementations.

Clip creation and editing in ableton via an able bodied dj program.

If you ever used the native mix function in traktor 3 -- circa 2005, than you will remember a dj program that you could jam with and then go back and edit your actions to create very good and polished mashups. The only thing that was missing from that was the ability to edit the transport data once you had it recorded. So it had to be done correctly ON THE FIRST TAKE.

This is/was the beautiful aspect of ableton. The ability to jam with loops and audio chunks in the session view and have that recorded into a multi track editor in a time line view via clips. Then you cand go back and work with the nice parts .. the good grooves, and give them a polish and use them as real material -- that sounds nothing like the original samlples albiet ;) (cue copyright authorities' interference in develpoment) -- Look at 'Kapture' Developed by Richie Hawtin and his ideas. BAsically a swiss army knife for the timeline view of ableton as a workaround.

K the problem with ableton. It doesnt act like a turntable "you cant play beats at the wrong speed" (richie hawtin) those of us that learned or have taken the time to understand what goes into beatmatching two records. Understand the auditory magic that happens in our heads when we push the grooves together. Thats exciting and fun for us. Even though its tedious and archaic. Thats the nice thing about Dj programs like serato and traktor. You can do things wrong and fix them immediately on the fly . Dj program still works like old school djing. (remember this if you can hold a thought for this long) ;)

Bright IDEA and what was promised ON THE BOX of traktor 3 -- an Editable DJ Multi track. NATIVE MIX FUNCTION. This was as close to doing what bridge aims to do with ableton . Without the attempt to work with two differant companies. The programming was there, the interface was perfect, lightweight and simple. However , not truly an editable DJ multi track because you could not edit the transport movements. Too much programming and upkeep for Native INstruments. OBVIOUSLY all thier coders suck look at the last three botched releases of traktor 2.6 and the library difficulties. These people smoke too much weed because something is left out of every release that makes is a pain in the arse, or THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE.

-- BRidge for scratch recorded the seperate tracks while in transport into differant lanes in ableton. COOL BUT it was audio, NOT CLIPS Clips(directions to the actual audio) that was being recorded into the multitrack dj session that was a mix tape. Good for use and light editing . BUt you couldnt jam with a turntable and then see the areas where the clip data was being manipulated and then create new arrangments with that data in ableton. The problem here was the differance in how the two programs treat audio. Seratos play vs Abletons clip play. This is why bridge for itch was never released as promised .. It wasnt going to work. Not the shared programming, the future development or the sharing of the money that would be created by giving djs what they need. This is my hypothesis .. BUT ITS SPOT ON . How could they not want to realize such a great system.

HENCEFORTH MY FURTHER HYPOTHESIS

These software companies that handle the interfaces for the biggest thing in the music industry at this TIME, NOVICE DJING , will not let the usership move forward. They are going to deliberately reduce our ability to create unique performances. CAUSE THEY SUCK . They want DJs to remain novice track player juke boxes. because top level djs are only ten at a time. And they dont want to have to create better software because its more expensive . And if they can push out a million IPhone docks that they can monitor DRM on they have theier arses covered. These people suck . Thats my challenge to the industry YOU SUCK cause you are un-imaginative and coporate tools. I say this to you as a festival owner and organizer, as a dj of 25 years, and as a lover of music and art and creativity . YOU ALL F_CKING SUCK.
Code:E 7:14 PM - 17 February, 2014
TLDR
No Handle 2:50 AM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
TLDR

:)

What audiomontana is saying, basically, is that DJ hardware manufacturers and software companies are catering to novices, rather than innovating. He's got a point. This is especially true in Serato's case (see: DJ Intro, inexpensive controllers).
Code:E 6:11 AM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
TLDR

What audiomontana is saying, basically, is that DJ hardware manufacturers and software companies are catering to novices, rather than innovating. He's got a point. This is especially true in Serato's case (see: DJ Intro, inexpensive controllers).

So much better.

Hey he does have a point. But without the beetle we would not have the bugatti. Also If I could make more money off selling cheap shit to everyone, I would do it too. Can you blame Serato. Though some new innovation wouldn't hurt to have a little quicker.
audiomontana 12:28 PM - 19 February, 2014
Sorry about the Negativity. Yes that is my point, and at 'this point' I am really just a sad Dj when it comes to my outlook of technologey. Because! Im going to keep buying this crap, I know its getting better, but its still not doing anything differant. I can see the developed applications clearly in my head and how they should work. All the differant elements are sitting right in front of us, but nothing works how it should because nothing works together.
As a community organizer I see the same problems with people not communicating and Djs not able to collaborate in creative ways. "my song my way, Im on stage right now"

How hard would it be to build a clip data editor(it already exists in ableton) based on the same playhead operations that serato uses. It cant be. The play head is telling the audio what to do. Its saving loop meta and cue points, and associated video files…. why wont they dump that info into ableton so you can keep the songs seperated and work in a multitrack multi parameter editor with all the above? Too good of results, thats what the problem is. Thats my gut feeling on this. If you give people the power to paint with the music and they are going to make masterpieces, totally illeagal copyright infringing masterpieces. However If its clip data …. its not being re-recorded. ITS META so DRM can suck it!

I own a 2013 volkswagon, im taking it back to the dealership and parking it. Im not going to pay for the insurance on a 'new vehicle' that costs twice what the car does. The cars made ten years ago were better, and shops can work on them. We dont have that luxury with computer systems, and current sofware. None of the old stuff worksanymore. We could buy a Bugatti software but it would still have to drive on the same road as the mass produced Jetta Crapcakes that Im driving now, and thats no fun. Im very frustrated.
SiRocket 11:47 PM - 23 February, 2014
I think all of the Serato Family know how I feel about the lack of mixtape being in DJ... not to mention the abandonment of a beta quality product that was paired with SSL... (the lack of support, fixes, and answers for SSL with bridge/mixtape)...

Heck I even enjoyed a few beers with all of the NZ Serato heads at a Namm afterparty that I dropped a mini-set at. I did a "battle diss" style intro saying "someone get the serato programmers some shots too, so that they can get the bridge and mixtape back on track"...

All in good fun, but yes WE NEED some answers on this, even if it's months to years out... just to keep the good faith in the professional users :)

Here is the studio version of that set --> Watchwww.youtube.com
Code:E 1:13 AM - 24 February, 2014
Quote:
I think all of the Serato Family know how I feel about the lack of mixtape being in DJ... not to mention the abandonment of a beta quality product that was paired with SSL... (the lack of support, fixes, and answers for SSL with bridge/mixtape)...

Heck I even enjoyed a few beers with all of the NZ Serato heads at a Namm afterparty that I dropped a mini-set at. I did a "battle diss" style intro saying "someone get the serato programmers some shots too, so that they can get the bridge and mixtape back on track"...

All in good fun, but yes WE NEED some answers on this, even if it's months to years out... just to keep the good faith in the professional users :)

Here is the studio version of that set --> Watchwww.youtube.com

Love the intro!
AKIEM 1:19 AM - 24 February, 2014
dope
SiRocket 1:41 AM - 24 February, 2014
thanks fam! Super frustrating as we all love the product(s) and just want some answers :)
hologram 6:09 PM - 24 February, 2014
At least put mix tape in. I feel like thats not as much an integration issue but I could be wrong.
RobDSK 2:55 AM - 25 February, 2014
Yes serato let's get the full functionality going with ableton that was hyped and delivered and was a big reason I chose serato over traktor years ago..... the silence is deafening Make it happen already - how freakin difficult is it to add this feature in SDJ? I've spent lots of $$$ to be all in on serato as many others have on here...... many of us not using the latest "controller du jour"
djsako 10:42 AM - 25 February, 2014
Serato DJ (dj controllers) + Bridge is the next step in DJ standarts
The Version Suicides 7:25 PM - 25 February, 2014
Quote:
At least put mix tape in. I feel like thats not as much an integration issue but I could be wrong.

I agree. There must be a way for Serato DJ to have an "als" option under record just like Scratch Live. It's not the same as syncing two products, I would think.
The Version Suicides 7:28 PM - 25 February, 2014
[quote

HA! I remember that. I was sitting at a table with Steve West at the time. LOL
djbigdogg 7:02 AM - 26 February, 2014
Hey fellas I don't know how this happened but every since I upgraded my Rane 62 fimware from 1.17 to 2.14 Serato Mixtape function is on point with Ableton 9 (64-bit) Serato 2.5. and trust me it NEVER WORKED right for me before now. I've done three Mixtapes and they were all in sync with SCRATCHING (I'm not the best scrather, but it's on point) for the first time since I've have my mixer using Ableton 8. They say that Scratch Live is NOT suppose to work with firmware 2.14 cause of backwards compatibility and I'm using a MacBook Pro i7 2.66 Ghz 8gb ram 1067 MHz DDR3. soundcloud.com
SiRocket 11:43 AM - 26 February, 2014
Quote:
[quote

My Dude!!! what's good brother!
DJ ONY 3:32 PM - 26 February, 2014
I need the bridge !!!! I'm willing to even pay extra for it like the way your selling all the new expansion packs
hologram 11:59 PM - 26 February, 2014
Quote:
I need the bridge !!!! I'm willing to even pay extra for it like the way your selling all the new expansion packs

+100
SiRocket 9:27 AM - 27 February, 2014
Quote:
The Version Suicides 12:08 AM - 28 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
[quote

My Dude!!! what's good brother!

Workin' it, as always, my friend.

#scvcg
DJ-Ak-Matik 3:43 AM - 13 March, 2014
God Damn i have ordered Djm-900 SRT, was expecting the Bridge to Work. BUT NO TABARNAK.
Scratch live+Ableton Yes
Serato DJ + Ableton no!?!
Make it Happen or Traktor will eat you!
Ableton is the only way
Rane 64 doesn't work rather.
You want us to upgrade and to spend, than make it woe Osti!
DJAK from QC
Panger 11:31 AM - 13 March, 2014
Serato...We assume you're working on it. And sure there are politics and bureaucracy in the matter. But please, HURRY UP!!!!

You know the DJ future is clear: DigitalMixers/Digital players, etc. (Serato) + Midi Controllers (Ableton), so....

THE BRIDGE NOW!!!

Thanks!!
Nicky Blunt 6:43 PM - 3 April, 2014
The silence in response from an actual serato employee is deafening.
No Handle 7:09 PM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
Serato...We assume you're working on it. And sure there are politics and bureaucracy in the matter. But please, HURRY UP!!!!

You know the DJ future is clear: DigitalMixers/Digital players, etc. (Serato) + Midi Controllers (Ableton), so....

THE BRIDGE NOW!!!

Thanks!!

There has been no indication, anywhere, that Serato is planning to develop The Bridge for Serato DJ, so adjust your expectations accordingly.

They can't "hurry up," because they're probably not developing it at all. Until we have some kind of acknowledgement from the Serato team, I'm going with the assumption that the Bridge is over (biddy-bye-bye).
MBLL 7:56 PM - 3 April, 2014
Serato could at least add an external midi clock, that brings the possibility to sync Ableton to Serato DJ!
Code:E 2:11 AM - 4 April, 2014
Quote:
The silence in response from an actual serato employee is deafening.

this is the general area. They dont frequent the general area as much as the help area's.
Mutis Mayfield 1:56 PM - 22 April, 2014
Draw automation lines for clips from noisemap/timecode input is by far possible (tech side) but skipped (not sure why)

Recording a scratch notation:
youtu.be

Automation for scratch (focused to help mixtape post production not robotdj):
youtu.be

Link the dots.
ShonkaiDJ 11:11 AM - 23 April, 2014
Just to make sure any reader doesn't have to focus their attention for twice this long a time, I quote and confirm the complete quote below, from Audiomontana above. I would like you to especially look for the word: MAGIC and the context where the word is put in.

I am very disappointed to learn that while very carefully choosing what hard- and software to use to extend my skills and move from buying records to using and producing music files, using an SL1 since 2010 and then two years ago finally being convinced Serato was the way to go because of The Bridge, this very un-practiced (or is it unpractisized) software module is now already discontinued. I've recently bought everything in my home studio and DJ setup with the philosophy of the Bridge (apparently my own) in mind.

Should I be happy I was able to buy the nexus generation CDJ900's? Happy to have exercised with Serato software for a couple of years? Because with these Nexus CDJ's there is no more need for Serato. Serato has actually become just a hassle dragging around huge 'usb dongles' like the SL1/2/3. And now that there is a color coded waveform, what more do I need for my live performance? It actually feels like I might as well wait until Serato is the default free software that comes with the pioneers. I can see the likeness with Rekordbox all the way. Rekordbox only needs a very little step of introducing VST's. I think it would take their developers 2 days to do so if they don't have it on the shelves already.

So: Sam, the C.E.O there at Serato (createdigitalmusic.com). Without the option to 'magically' out-play and beat the very popular but o-so-not-dancefloor orientated Berlin Ableton DJ generation via 'The Bridge' in Serato (sorry guys, I've said it) , there is NO Reason what so ever to upgrade.

Let me try this challenge: We, the dance floor artists, not necessarily the laptop artists, will practice with the 'old' software and the 'old' Bridge to prove that that kind of connection between producing and taking your peaces to the club mixing them with anyone else s music, is the unique selling point of Serato and therefore keeps them being the missing link in DJ universe.

That way you can prove by trying hard to (re-)develop that bridge before Scratch Live runs out and my Rane SL1 breaks down (if it ever will), that you truly are -next to the makers of Ableton Live- the only software developers on this earth, that understand the needs of the dance DJ-Artists. And that you support DJ-artists as opposed to simple DJ/Producers.

I know they can be artists too, but since that name arrived (DJ/Producer), using Beat sync in Traktor, or Ableton Live as a live performance 'tool' really took away the magic on the dance floor in 85+% of the times I was there.
I had hoped that 'progression' wasn't measured in production sales, but in quality of the live performance. And I've told everyone around me that you (Serato/ Sam(?)) would be making the difference there. Now you make the same.

Are you going to 'buy this' or Sell out Sam, C.E.O. there at Serato? We need Artists support, you seem to want Rolls Royce kind of things....

(P.S. Sam: I don't mind about the beat sync. Like you said, you can turn it on and off. New features to play with. I mind about your 'Puritism' or did you mention that in the Vimeo Video -my Puritism- to separate the 'Purists' from the Serato DJ's?
Do you say Purists where I say Artists? That wouldn't be at all like tomato or tomato.)

Quote:
I Thought of editing you, Audiomontana, but repetition might be a better way to go...

What is really dissappointing is that the true reason to use bridge in the first place was lost on seratos first implementations.

Clip creation and editing in ableton via an able bodied dj program.

If you ever used the native mix function in traktor 3 -- circa 2005, than you will remember a dj program that you could jam with and then go back and edit your actions to create very good and polished mashups. The only thing that was missing from that was the ability to edit the transport data once you had it recorded. So it had to be done correctly ON THE FIRST TAKE.

This is/was the beautiful aspect of ableton. The ability to jam with loops and audio chunks in the session view and have that recorded into a multi track editor in a time line view via clips. Then you cand go back and work with the nice parts .. the good grooves, and give them a polish and use them as real material -- that sounds nothing like the original samlples albiet ;) (cue copyright authorities' interference in develpoment) -- Look at 'Kapture' Developed by Richie Hawtin and his ideas. BAsically a swiss army knife for the timeline view of ableton as a workaround.

K the problem with ableton. It doesnt act like a turntable "you cant play beats at the wrong speed" (richie hawtin) those of us that learned or have taken the time to understand what goes into beatmatching two records. Understand the auditory magic that happens in our heads when we push the grooves together. Thats exciting and fun for us. Even though its tedious and archaic. Thats the nice thing about Dj programs like serato and traktor. You can do things wrong and fix them immediately on the fly . Dj program still works like old school djing. (remember this if you can hold a thought for this long) ;)

Bright IDEA and what was promised ON THE BOX of traktor 3 -- an Editable DJ Multi track. NATIVE MIX FUNCTION. This was as close to doing what bridge aims to do with ableton . Without the attempt to work with two differant companies. The programming was there, the interface was perfect, lightweight and simple. However , not truly an editable DJ multi track because you could not edit the transport movements. Too much programming and upkeep for Native INstruments. OBVIOUSLY all thier coders suck look at the last three botched releases of traktor 2.6 and the library difficulties. These people smoke too much weed because something is left out of every release that makes is a pain in the arse, or THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE.

-- BRidge for scratch recorded the seperate tracks while in transport into differant lanes in ableton. COOL BUT it was audio, NOT CLIPS Clips(directions to the actual audio) that was being recorded into the multitrack dj session that was a mix tape. Good for use and light editing . BUt you couldnt jam with a turntable and then see the areas where the clip data was being manipulated and then create new arrangments with that data in ableton. The problem here was the differance in how the two programs treat audio. Seratos play vs Abletons clip play. This is why bridge for itch was never released as promised .. It wasnt going to work. Not the shared programming, the future development or the sharing of the money that would be created by giving djs what they need. This is my hypothesis .. BUT ITS SPOT ON . How could they not want to realize such a great system.

HENCEFORTH MY FURTHER HYPOTHESIS

These software companies that handle the interfaces for the biggest thing in the music industry at this TIME, NOVICE DJING , will not let the usership move forward. They are going to deliberately reduce our ability to create unique performances. CAUSE THEY SUCK . They want DJs to remain novice track player juke boxes. because top level djs are only ten at a time. And they dont want to have to create better software because its more expensive . And if they can push out a million IPhone docks that they can monitor DRM on they have theier arses covered. These people suck . Thats my challenge to the industry YOU SUCK cause you are un-imaginative and coporate tools. I say this to you as a festival owner and organizer, as a dj of 25 years, and as a lover of music and art and creativity . YOU ALL F_CKING SUCK.
ShonkaiDJ 11:14 AM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sense is never common. Plus the bridge never really took off, so adding it to serato DJ is not a given unless more users request it. And requesting it here might not be the best place. Ableton's website is where I would make a big stink about it.

I wonder who noticed Serato taking off ten years ago...but it did.
Frags 8:00 AM - 5 July, 2014
Bridge has a place and needs to be included. Without it I dare say I will be looking at other alternatives that can do what I need and no longer supporting Rane extensively.
AKIEM 5:22 PM - 5 July, 2014
Its note a Rane issue.
unlok.dnb 10:32 AM - 14 July, 2014
+1 for Bridge for Serato DJ!!!
Culprit 4:43 AM - 24 July, 2014
bump
SiRocket 6:56 AM - 24 July, 2014
Culprit... i think serato takes whole months off.. might be a few... similar to china during Chinese new year. lol
Culprit 9:50 AM - 24 July, 2014
From New Zealand I think its a 52 week turn around time upon approval of requested features lol
dj iSOH 9:40 PM - 5 September, 2014
I think we all get our answer after a year later! It looks like serato will support the bridge feature in a future release next year.

Check out the 43:30 mark in the video link below where a user asks serato about the bridge.

Watchvimeo.com
djdannyd 2:06 AM - 6 September, 2014
and you're about 4 weeks late with that link ;)
dj iSOH 10:15 PM - 8 September, 2014
Quote:
and you're about 4 weeks late with that link ;)

thanks better late than never I guess.. I just didn't see anyone mention here so I thought I'd share the info ;)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:27 PM - 14 September, 2014
That's right guys.

We're currently doing a lot of R&D around this and how we can make it more usable and more tailored to the actual needs and wants of DJs and musicians who will benefit from this!

We're hoping to be having something next year, as mentioned in that video :)

I know we've been pretty closed off with info until now so apologies for all the uncertainty. I know it's still kind of vague though...

Stay tuned.

Sam.
hologram 11:44 PM - 14 September, 2014
First that's great news. Thank you.
So since I use this a lot and I don;t ever remember someone asking how I sue it. How do we get our opinions herd?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:12 AM - 15 September, 2014
At this point we've mostly been speaking to artists we have regular contact with and also that we know were using The Bridge in their sets.

We're always keen for user feedback too and this forum area is probably the best place :)

Sam.
Draven1327 2:54 PM - 15 September, 2014
patiently waiting on the outside........ gonna explode from excitement on the inside!
AKIEM 3:24 PM - 15 September, 2014
Nice
hologram 5:10 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
patiently waiting on the outside........ gonna explode from excitement on the inside!

+100
hologram 5:12 PM - 15 September, 2014
After you introduced Flip I have had to rethink what I want out of the Bridge.
Personally wanted a remix deck like feature that tractor has.
The big thing though is mixtape. I was wondering if you could actually do that non software specific. So it could be imported into other DAWs.
Culprit 6:39 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:

The big thing though is mixtape. I was wondering if you could actually do that non software specific. So it could be imported into other DAWs.

Bingo, let's see
MBLL 10:36 AM - 17 September, 2014
I sometimes use Ableton and Serato DJ at the same time on my Macbook Pro. But the CPU shots thrue the roof, and my system becomes unstable.

I like to make beats on the fly for scratch sessions. My needs are closer to live preforming with loop-recording, than actual DJing. Love the Ableton looper!

Is there any chance that this will improve, when using the new Bridge?

And is there any plans to include Ableton Push?
SiRocket 4:35 PM - 17 September, 2014
mixtapeeeeeeeee!

If not... i won't be able to do my radio shows, and then i won't be able to buy any new serato goodies, vinyl, plug-ins, fx, etc :p jk jk!!!

But mixtapeeeee please!
Mutis Mayfield 4:53 PM - 17 September, 2014
Ok so lets give some wishlist and technical data to get it.
1- Full flip automation recording => mixtape inside Seratodj. Including turntable vector.
2- xml file => open format (scratchML?)
3- Sp6 improvements => traktor remix decks. Flip decks including editable secuencing.
4- serato remote upgrade to show all this new info and draw curves on ipad.
5- demand Ableton to upgrade audio motor to allow scratching or drop it. Is useless for this purposes as is. (Traktor remix decks do the same better at this moment)
6- use ableton as Offline daw like the new korg electribes. No need for fx, no need for clips or drumrack (improving flip) and no need to harm computer with two different softs running at once.

It will be useful and amazing. :)
MBLL 5:46 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
1- Full flip automation recording => mixtape inside Seratodj. Including turntable vector.
3- Sp6 improvements => traktor remix decks. Flip decks including editable secuencing.
5- demand Ableton to upgrade audio motor to allow scratching or drop it. Is useless for this purposes as is. (Traktor remix decks do the same better at this moment)
6- use ableton as Offline daw like the new korg electribes. No need for fx, no need for clips or drumrack (improving flip) and no need to harm computer with two different softs running at once.

I absolutly love the ideer of a sequencer with SP6!!!! The SP6 has a lot of potential.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:53 PM - 17 September, 2014
Hey guys,

Just going to say that there's no news about what will be or won't be in this feature at this point.

Please throw all your feedback in this forum area though, we're keen to read up and see how you all use it and what you like / don't like etc.

REDSELECTER 3:06 PM - 18 September, 2014
I personally hated the opening two programmes at the same time bit - it was a kludge
Mutis Mayfield 12:22 PM - 31 October, 2014
Sam If you want I can put my knowledge to help Serato (more or less how I did it for Ms. pinky maxforlive in the past, Flyloops/Livetronika, skrat.ch, scratchML...)
I'm trying to get ready some documentation (with diagrams and compositions) to explain what I believe could be a great implementation in this area but I my resources are limitated so I can't give you a data about when...
Are Serato interested in this kind of help?

Regards,
-m!
audiomontana 6:03 PM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:

I too would pay for a future proof and supported expansion pack that enabled a 'bridge' option .. I would even give serato 25 years of DJ and DAW experience and working with ableton since version 1 to help them with concept development. Advanced users that want to enlighten the mix, need this tool .
audiomontana 6:20 PM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:
At this point we've mostly been speaking to artists we have regular contact with and also that we know were using The Bridge in their sets.

We're always keen for user feedback too and this forum area is probably the best place :)

Sam.

Hey guys -- I bought the Allen and HEath Xone mixer for serato five years ago. Going off of the promises made when the bridge was released at namm. It was promised for itch. I have never worked with bridge for SL. Id like to. However I have not invested in a SL mixer. Instead .. Allen and Heath XONEdx (junked no longer compatible with apple!!!!!) DDJ Sx (no DVS, returned) DDJ- sz (SHITE, airhorn, returned), (DDJ sx2) < holy grail ? maybe work ? Still during this time wondering if a true action recorder and editor is going to come of this Bridge. NOT just a a ported Mixer outputting audio to ableton. .

Honestly, this feature technologey has sat in limbo for ALL OF TEN YEARS. Completely un-acceptable. I dont think that Djs who are the heads of technologey developement for literally millions of experts and novice users can with a good conscience sit on this any longer.

This feature has been needed since the early days of traktor 3 and ableton. Native instruments has squandered its users developemental energy and sold it out to cater to novice gimmicks. 90% of real users switched over to serato to follow the vinyl code. Bridge has always been an idealistic tool that we yearn for year after year .. How can you guys continue to sell out users energy and let the need for entry level software supercede advanced operations?

REALLY DO IT NOW AND DO IT RIGHT
audiomontana 6:28 PM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:

IN all reality. The track data that Ableton uses to control its clip sequencing and audio . Is all that serato needs to work with .

Think of it as time code played in serato for actions in ableton. All of the actions in serato have a value either audio or parameter(midi) Serato is a midi and transport controller for ableton. You do stuff in serato it records the actions in ableton and then it plays back the instructions in serato or ableton. its that frickin easy.
Mutis Mayfield 12:51 AM - 13 November, 2014
It will be true if Ableton could play audio backwards or serato recieve these data and do the work. Neither was on the original bridge.

If you think deep on it Flip is the first step without the need for send data to Ableton and return it... These data (turntable vector and knob/faders/xfader values) is only interesting if Ableton could something with it (like mixtape). Maybe with the new released max7 and its new features about timestretching it could be possible do something soon (with Ms. pinky should be a breath...)

I strong believe supersampler cappabilities of Ableton could be simplified into useful ones for the pov of Serato user (improving Sp6 with flip) and the features which included mixtape could be improved with turntable vector recording along with audio and knob/pots automation for better post-production and creative processing (check the new instrument from Imageline in this way) and of course keeping free to user how and when use these features (sync, quantization and so on)

The resolution from timecode is bigger than midi/hid solutions could afford (maybe I'm wrong... But I make this assumption based in my personal and humble research of course) so there is no necessity to put extra conversion to low resolution protocols. Is better to keep the info from this side (to being exactly the first bridge worked in this way for transport creating an special connection from Serato to Live transport without midi translation until last step but due to inhability to play audio backwards it was awful no mans land without scratching without drumracks without SSL automation from Live side and so on...)

At last raises the KISS principle and I think Serato learnt the lesson and is going in the right direction. Let's see ;)

-m!
Mutis Mayfield 12:54 AM - 13 November, 2014
Sorry if I made some grammar/vocabulary mistakes... I hope the message was undertood.

Regards,
-m!
DJ_Karma216 2:56 PM - 13 November, 2014
Still waiting on that bridge or midi clock in and out. Anyway I can sync it to DAW
audiomontana 12:29 AM - 14 November, 2014
HID control device released by Pioneer today … One step closer
Dave The One 6:18 PM - 6 December, 2014
WTF; The mixtape feature man, c'mon already with the bridge.
bboysupafly 5:15 PM - 21 January, 2015
I need this! Come on Serato!
djdannyd 8:54 PM - 21 January, 2015
Get your wallets ready!!!
Fabio Diaz 5:22 PM - 3 February, 2015
please, serato DJ + The bridge!!!
AKIEM 5:25 PM - 3 February, 2015
+1
Dj Tucci 12:07 PM - 7 February, 2015
i need this...
MFLB 12:43 PM - 14 February, 2015
+1
PMYSKO 12:35 PM - 26 February, 2015
The wait is over www.ableton.com
Mutis Mayfield 1:22 PM - 26 February, 2015
New version of Serato coming?
controversial 2:52 PM - 26 February, 2015
it doesn't say serato dj, it says serato bridge which might only be for serato scratch live users.
Mutis Mayfield 10:39 PM - 26 February, 2015
Yes it was my first thought but it wasn't discontinued and re-scheduled? So maybe we will see a new update of sdj including the bridge... soon!
Culprit 12:00 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Yes it was my first thought but it wasn't discontinued and re-scheduled? So maybe we will see a new update of sdj including the bridge... soon!

Yes, great news! The foundation is being laid down, give it some time.
Code:E 8:23 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
The wait is over www.ableton.com

this means nothing.

Only that SSL users can use the bridge well updating to live 9.2 nothing about a never version of the bridge. or use with SDJ
Mutis Mayfield 10:11 PM - 27 February, 2015
It's SSL 64 bits? Ableton drop the retrocompatibility with ols versions of OSX... And these two facts altogheter could point in some direction.
The bridge (or something derived from these knowhow) should be implemented some day.
Code:E 10:35 PM - 27 February, 2015
Nothing Serato is 64 bit.
Mutis Mayfield 9:42 AM - 2 March, 2015
Then update the bridge for Ableton 64 bits version which has drop the retrocompatibility means one thing: They put some effort in keep the bridge (scripts) alive inside Live.

This could derive in two possibilities:
A) it was a copy paste job.
B) they are getting ready the foundation for new iteration.

I believe they made A to B due to some comments in treads related to midi, bridge and so. Every version Ableton adds some new funtionality on the liveApi which broke most of the previous work (ask Hanz Petrov or Fabriccio Poze about apc40-20 scripts) and it couldn't be trivial for Serato keep their scripts "uptodate" only with copypaste... So if they weren't planning do nothing with the Bridge why not simply drop it when they have the perfect excuse (64 bits Live update blablah)

Maybe it will not come soon but it seems it will come sometime in the future. In other hand the new functionality in Live 9 (by default) gives new potential to the workflow related (things like automation recorder ie) and even it is possible to do wathever you want with maxforlive... Even clip warped scratching or advaced mixtape.

I'm getting ready my new blog (at last), I will try to put all my knowledge and ideas asap but I hope Serato do the job before. Go Serato, go!
;)
Fl!ped 1:44 AM - 3 March, 2015
Serato any reaction?
Mutis Mayfield 8:58 AM - 3 March, 2015
These scripts are update by "partnership" ( coders from booth brands). It will be interesting take a look to find new modes or changes...
Mutis Mayfield 5:41 AM - 14 April, 2015
Bingo!

[IMG]i62.tinypic.com[/IMG]

It seems my diagnosis and maybe solutions are read by staff...
Culprit 5:48 AM - 14 April, 2015
this whole mixtape thing is confusing.. it was announced during a djcity interview, hope they are not going back on it..
Mutis Mayfield 5:58 AM - 14 April, 2015
It's not so difficult but maybe they will going to adapt the feature to make it more open... I'm not sure if they will keep the Ableton partner "as is" or in legacy mode (ssl is discontinued nowadays?) but as I understand the straightforward solution will be an internal recorder with xml export, somekind of batch converter and voilâ!

Maybe they are considering implementing NI stems menwhile...
AKIEM 6:32 AM - 14 April, 2015
"In the near future" can actually mean "never" - hopes not.

Wish they would just Rewire and be done...
Mutis Mayfield 7:43 AM - 14 April, 2015
Sure, oneself should live working with the actual tools instead waiting to start working when the "dreamed" setup come.

Nowadays sdj is a great product (it took sometime but the worst part is done) so enjoy flip until the revamped mixtape (and maybe a glorified sampler) come reality.

Today is cheaper, easier and funnier jump into Serato world than 5 years ago (imho).
audiomontana 7:38 PM - 26 June, 2015
!!!!!!
bcatdclub 3:46 AM - 30 June, 2015
Another update with no Bridge.WTF?
CarlosIrizarry 5:46 AM - 30 June, 2015
Gentleman, I initiated this post a while back and I didn't expect this much participation..lol. But I see I an not the only one alone. I believe if continues pressure on Serato to include the bridge in Serato DJ then it will happen however, I think Serato maybe thinking that hopefully we all will go away with this request. I say keep up the pressure guys!
Code:E 6:11 AM - 30 June, 2015
Quote:

If a bridge update ever comes you can count on 2 things.
1 it wont be a x.x.# (eg. 1.7.5. - 1.7.6) update. It will be a x.#.# or a #.#.#. level update.
2 there will be hints if not a full public beta before release

I would bet we will see steams integration or serato creating there own version before we ever get a bridge update.
audiomontana 1:35 AM - 2 July, 2015
yup !!!! stems format is basically the expprt button for what I want to do with bridge.
Dj Ace 7:41 AM - 8 July, 2015
Come on guys we really want this!
Dj Ace 7:41 AM - 8 July, 2015
I am dreaming of how insane it could be with a push controller
DJ TooHypE 5:10 PM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

1 it wont be a x.x.# (eg. 1.7.5. - 1.7.6) update. It will be a x.#.# or a #.#.#. level update.

I would bet we will see steams integration or serato creating there own version before we ever get a bridge update.

Werd Lately Serato been slow vs other DVS as much as I <3 love Serato hate too admit it!!
Dj Tucci 5:20 PM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Werd Lately Serato been slow vs other DVS as much as I <3 love Serato hate too admit it!!

Agreed with you...
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:39 PM - 25 July, 2015
HURRY THE ......... UP!!!!!!!
Perceptron 8:35 AM - 10 August, 2015
Since Native Instruments have launched their "Stems" feature in Traktor, now more than ever would be a good time to get onto integrating The Bridge into Serato DJ

Would it help give Serato a nudge if we started a petition?
Code:E 7:25 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Since Native Instruments have launched their "Stems" feature in Traktor, now more than ever would be a good time to get onto integrating The Bridge into Serato DJ

I would rather see steams added to serato than the bridge at this point. How many people asking for the bridge actually used it. It was full of idiosyncrasy that I really dont want to deal with again. I would hope serato is creating there own advanced sample deck system with quantize parts or is building steams in far before the bridge.
hologram 3:26 AM - 11 August, 2015
Yep better do it before Pioneer does
DJ TooHypE 5:57 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I would rather see steams added to serato than the bridge at this point. How many people asking for the bridge actually used it. It was full of idiosyncrasy that I really dont want to deal with again. I would hope serato is creating there own advanced sample deck system with quantize parts or is building steams in far before the bridge.

At this point we need too play catchup on features and usability from NI and even myself considering venturing too that DVS if Serato doesn't get it together. =/
djgarygillespie 4:56 PM - 10 September, 2015
This is disappointing, I upgraded my set up from SSL to DJ because of all the new features, and SSL is going to be no longer supported.
I would have never thought the older software can use Bridge, I just assumed DJ would be able to do everything SSL could do, and more.
Seems like Serato doesn't have the money NI has, so they are always trying to catchup, I just hope they hurry and implement Bridge.
Code:E 6:25 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
and SSL is no longer supported.

#fixed

Quote:
I would have never thought the older software can use Bridge, I just assumed DJ would be able to do everything SSL could do, and more.

You know what they say about assumptions.

Quote:
I just hope they hurry and implement Bridge.

Ihoens;ty dont see it happening. I really just hope serato doesnt try to create there own version of steams. I dont want to see a format war in the DJ content world. It wont help anyone and just significantly slow progress.

You hear that Serato, don't be dicks and start a format war. We dont want to wait 5 years to see who loses than have the looser just jump on board. And don't try to be like ours is better though... It wont matter content producers dont want to create 2 sets of content the are almost the same. Where the hell is toshiba now, anyone heard them do anything cool since the fall of HD-DVD. Didn't thinks so. Anyone else who tries shit like that again is entering a war to drain the competitors bank accounts. Which means advancement will stall. Thats the last thing we need right now.
AKIEM 6:37 PM - 12 September, 2015
If they used mp4.....
Culprit 10:26 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
If they used mp4.....

Bahahah dont even start that bro.. ive been crying about that for years and not one peep from serato.. and even ganna say your the first response from another user supporting this concept in a long time..

Straight up i dont know why we cant support multiple mp4s..
Culprit 10:27 PM - 12 September, 2015
How long has mp4s supported multiple audio tracks?

Stems.. lol
AKIEM 6:25 PM - 13 September, 2015
I suggested it back when serato video came out and I learned to mux with quicktime7

Um, I thought it was an OBVIOUS move......
acemc 7:46 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
That's right guys.

We're currently doing a lot of R&D around this and how we can make it more usable and more tailored to the actual needs and wants of DJs and musicians who will benefit from this!

We're hoping to be having something next year, as mentioned in that video :)

I know we've been pretty closed off with info until now so apologies for all the uncertainty. I know it's still kind of vague though...

Stay tuned.

Sam.

Posted a year ago today.
It's a unhappy anniversary, coz absolutely nothing has changed.
Sadly, it sure seems as though Serato is just full of empty promises.
C'mon guys, please prove this isn't the case.
Culprit 7:55 PM - 15 September, 2015
acemc 8:00 PM - 15 September, 2015
Spoken like only a true dj could.
Well said Culprit!!
Code:E 9:03 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:

what promise?
acemc 9:07 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
We're hoping to be having something next year, as mentioned in that video

Ok so not quite a promise, but after a year of waiting & not a peep is very disheartening.
Culprit 10:25 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

what promise?

mixtape
Code:E 10:55 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ok so not quite a promise, but after a year of waiting & not a peep is very disheartening.

The peep was It wasnt on the radar for something anytime soon.
anothr 6:20 AM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The peep was It wasnt on the radar for something anytime soon.

Still no way to use ableton with Serato? i'm just starting to dj, got Numark NS7 ii and was mixing in ableton before. Would be great to have that functionality going. Is there an official way to do it though other than dance with drums around computer and do weird hacking with Jack os and such??

All i really need is ableton to be a drum / textures system which i can pre-listen in my phones while mixing in serato. Should I just get a separate sound card for it? Would it work that way?

Thanks.
DJ TooHypE 6:22 AM - 20 September, 2015
@Serato #Serato plz make this happen I am dis... close (Switchnislapsface) don't make me not <3 you. ;)
SiRocket 5:13 AM - 2 October, 2015
i haven't signed into the forums forever. It's a ghost town up in here. Sad that Serato has lost the hype and loyalty....

Mixtape for SDJ atleast? and a polished sticker lock... and non distorted fx, and and and... sigh.
Fl!ped 2:03 PM - 2 October, 2015
I was also hoping for some bridge or alike...
MFLB 12:48 PM - 3 October, 2015
Well for anyone interested in syncing Ableton with SDJ (e.g. for using ableton as drum computer), there is this new max for live device called BeatSeeker (www.ableton.com), which lets you sync Ableton's tempo to just about anything. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm sure it should be possible to set it up to sync w/ Serato (although another sound card/audio interface might be necessary). However this will only work with Ableton Live Suite or if you've purchased Max for Live separately. Also note that e.g. Richie Hawtin doesn't sync his Ableton drums to his DJ software, although with Traktor he could, because he prefers to sync them manually just like two turntables in orde to achieve more interesting and less mechanic rhythm patterns (he mentions it somewhere in this video youtu.be).

Anyway, hope this helps some of you who just want to sync Ableton with SDJ.
bcatdclub 4:52 AM - 14 October, 2015
I bought a dj sz so that I could run Ableton and Serato at the same time thru two computers. And the only way to do it leaves one track for serato!
audiomontana 6:38 PM - 24 October, 2015
sigh
Chrisz 8:30 PM - 26 October, 2015
I am waiting too.... Any informations from serato?
DANGERUST 6:49 AM - 2 November, 2015
+1000
bcatdclub 1:33 PM - 17 November, 2015
Come on people!
SiRocket 2:09 AM - 19 November, 2015
Since serato isn't listening... Add your thoughts, complaints, bugs, vents, etc here -> www.fixseratodj.com
audiomontana 2:24 PM - 19 November, 2015
/\ Uh oh !
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:06 PM - 19 November, 2015
its starts!!!
djdannyd 5:17 AM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
Since serato isn't listening... Add your thoughts, complaints, bugs, vents, etc here -> www.fixseratodj.com

hologram 6:03 AM - 20 November, 2015
Lol just like this BS here.....

support.serato.com

Our software now supports El Capitan but its buggy.
Oh and none of the hardware you use is fully supported...

So why even say it's supported.
Serato????
Explain how am I suppose to use serato DJ under El Capitain if almost all of the Rane hardware and Pioneer hardware does't work? WTF?
acemc 12:38 AM - 22 November, 2015
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nik39 10:14 AM - 22 November, 2015
Quote:
Serato?

I assume that Serato needs to show that it is not their fault and that the hardware manufacturers need to get on their toes fixing the drivers issues.

But this is embarrassing and makes me ask... Why don't they solve this internally between Serato and the hardware manufacturer?

Sorry, but that announcement looks hilarious.
Culprit 4:34 AM - 23 November, 2015
Agreed its pretty bad
audiomontana 1:50 AM - 25 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Serato?

I assume that Serato needs to show that it is not their fault and that the hardware manufacturers need to get on their toes fixing the drivers issues.

But this is embarrassing and makes me ask... Why don't they solve this internally between Serato and the hardware manufacturer?

Sorry, but that announcement looks hilarious.

Yes LOL = Its inspiring me to simply use two turntables, two computers, an SL3 box, Xone 92 mixer, Motu 828MK3, Akai AMX, one eight inch speaker, and a pair of headphones to create my own completely analog hardware work around for the Bridge. How it should work and what it should do.

Its so stupid that this program has not been plugged for Ableton. We have completely second rate programs that Run as a VST in Ableton. Serato should be integrated. Its a sad sad storey.
audiomontana 2:18 AM - 25 November, 2015
Maybe Serato should buy out Rewire or something. en.wikipedia.org
hologram 8:34 PM - 25 November, 2015
I wonder which side is the hold up.
Serato had no problem outing the hardware vendors on the El Capitan hold up so it make me think it is Serato.
HeaVyyNeSs 2:50 PM - 18 January, 2016
bump... updates serato team? It's 2016...
Mutis Mayfield 3:18 PM - 18 January, 2016
Flip, ableton link... and next should be session recorder with flip automation. The pieces are emerging, the forum has some interesting topics... Matter of time.
AKIEM 4:40 PM - 18 January, 2016
Serato wouldn't have to buy out Rewire, just buy into. Propellerhead owns it.
Craig Dalzell 1:52 AM - 22 January, 2016
"SeratoDJ & The Bridge" (or similar) as mentioned a long time ago.... Please!!
DJ TooHypE 4:13 AM - 1 February, 2016
Quote:
There's a lot that I like about SDJ, but basic core functionality that SSL had in droves is still missing - years after SSL development stopped, and this is what is so frustrating and pissing off a lot of long time, brand faithful customers. Its obvious when designing the new software and discontinuing SSL a complete oversight was made on what actually made the original program so successful.

This ^ +1
Just last two months got Traktor Pro because NO LEGACY Pioneer CDJ-400 HID Support (Traktor Supports them), 64 Bits Software(Traktor 64/32 Bits), &*.ALS (The Bridge) but I still come back too SSL mainly because am familiar with SSL and because of (The Bridge) still having few bits obstacles with Traktor which one day I'll overcome in time as soon I am more familiar with the DVS and how too properly setup with my SL4 to record my sets, or properly use it in General!!
DJ UB 7:19 AM - 25 March, 2016
Wow! this is crazy!
maybe I skipped it, but there is no reply from serato is there?

There are other forms as well that they have gone dark!

Thinking of going back to Scratch Live just to do mix tape and be able to polish it out later!!!

O boy!
acemc 3:56 AM - 27 March, 2016
The bottom line is that Serato have basically FORCED people to switch to SDJ,
whether they admit or not - that's the fact.
If you want to stay with scratch live, then you have to go without updating your mac.
That only lasts for so long, and then........
MFLB 1:54 PM - 27 March, 2016
I remember when they said by the end of 2014 there'd be something new that would allow you to do all the things you could do with the bridge. Then it was delayed to early 2015. We've been waiting for a year now.
SiRocket 2:25 AM - 31 March, 2016
Serato's forums are managed, just as great as their SDJ software is managed... hahahahaha
HeaVyyNeSs 9:21 AM - 6 June, 2016
bump almost 6 months later...
Code:E 5:38 PM - 6 June, 2016
Bump for what reason? Th bridge is dead. It's not got enough support to be brought back at this point.
MFLB 10:18 AM - 7 June, 2016
It's not like there never was any support, it's just been delayed for so long that the support has died down
HeaVyyNeSs 7:41 PM - 10 June, 2016
@code:e there was a serato rep taking ideas and they mentioned support in the future.. so bump to get the topic moving again. If you don't need the feature keep it to yourself. This thread is for people who are looking for bridge support in serato dj.
Code:E 6:22 AM - 11 June, 2016
Serato has already said the bridge is not on the table anymore. It was at one point, but not anymore.
djdannyd 7:07 PM - 17 June, 2016
Agreed, the bridge is dead but they also hinted to something similar being in R&D without the need of Ableton or any outside software. So there is some truth to what HeaVyyNeSs is saying...and I definitely agree to this:

Quote:
If you don't need the feature keep it to yourself. This thread is for people who are looking for bridge support in serato dj.
jprime 10:34 PM - 17 June, 2016
"Bridge like features" is what I remember reading...would be cool.
DJ UB 6:24 PM - 21 June, 2016
I just loved the option of the mix tape and fixing your cuts or polishing little stuff here and there after words in ableton. Never got to use it live but now more and more I think about it, it be 10 times better then sample slots to perform!

serato needs to get something going on that
Culprit 8:53 PM - 21 June, 2016
yes, i def want mixtape back.
Code:E 10:42 PM - 21 June, 2016
I never used mixtape, mostly because I hated rane mixers, but did it even work that well. I heard it had lots of issues when you scratch recording the cuts right?

Though I used it live all the time as a glorified sample bank because the SP-6 is a bad fucking joke. Virtual DJ's Sample bank is better.
Culprit 12:03 AM - 22 June, 2016
I use mixtape on the 57 with ScratchLIVE. It's perfect the way it is. It was buggy on my Rane 62.
DJ UB 2:43 AM - 24 June, 2016
+ one to have a mixtape back... even if they come up with thier own plug in or patch or even serato built in
jprime 8:30 PM - 24 June, 2016
not interested in mixtape myself, if a mix gets messed up recording it, it should be re recorded. Do it all live or go practice.
Culprit 7:26 PM - 25 June, 2016
Quote:
not interested in mixtape myself, if a mix gets messed up recording it, it should be re recorded. Do it all live or go practice.

Cool, don't use it then.
jprime 4:27 PM - 27 June, 2016
Yeah I won't, thanks. But you go ahead and fix all your errors with it.
Culprit 1:34 AM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:
Yeah I won't, thanks. But you go ahead and fix all your errors with it.

will do
DJ UB 4:30 AM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:

I don't know why serato should hold back from making something that 100s are asking for because of few saying they don't want to use it?!

Just a rhetorical question! ;)
nik39 6:32 AM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:

True, thanks for keeping it real.

While we're at keeping it real... Real djs use real vinyl and not a laptop. Do it all with real vinyl or go and buy real vinyl.
Mr. Goodkat 7:00 AM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:
Real djs use real vinyl and not a laptop. Do it all with real vinyl or go and buy real vinyl.

exactly.
jprime 4:21 PM - 28 June, 2016
Loads of people like that mixtape feature, they should totally include it. I'm not saying they should exclude it, just chiming in as someone who doesn't use it and suggesting why.
audiomontana 12:57 AM - 7 August, 2016
All my vinyl for a mixtape.
Dave The One 5:23 AM - 7 August, 2016
Vinyl, been there done that. Splicing on reel to reel been there done that.

I'm good with my cdj 2000nxs 2 system; just use rekordbox to analyze my tracks, adjust beat grids and export to USB. Haven't used a laptop or dvs since getting the cdj's. Not getting rid of my 30 year old 1200's neither but they're covered up and barely in use.

With that said I don't knock vinyl djs neither. Whatever it takes for you to be inspired to create a mixtape or move your crowd thats what counts. If I'm booked for a venue that has a urei 1620 or Rane mp 2016 with 1200's and a sl2,3 or 4 system I'm good. If they have djm, cdj's and turntables, I'm good.

The mixtape feature; I predict it will be in rekordbox before serato DJ. The toraiz sp16 looks like a Trojan horse of sorts, rekordbox will morph into a DJ daw with a mixtape feature.
djcrap 2:03 AM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

True, thanks for keeping it real.

While we're at keeping it real... Real djs use real vinyl and not a laptop. Do it all with real vinyl or go and buy real vinyl.

Since we are keeping it real

Real djs mix live bands with a conducting stick
acemc 12:37 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
Real djs use real vinyl

Im sure my timecode records are made from real vinyl ;)
Quote:
Real djs mix live bands with a conducting stick

Lol!! - I've got so much to learn.
audiomontana 12:00 PM - 10 September, 2016
Watching new features. This could be good this could be bad. Im still mixing on Real Vinyl would be great to have the Serato DAW to lay it all down with and make it super fun for my listeners. And portable ... duh.
MFLB 9:29 PM - 11 October, 2016
Serato DJ is now Ableton Link enabled. Haven't tested it out yet, but now it should be possible to sync the two
www.ableton.com
Dj Ace 2:38 AM - 28 October, 2016
It works
HeaVyyNeSs 11:42 AM - 20 January, 2017
Man my workflow is jacked without mixtape and the ability to edit quickly. Takes me three times as long to get something that would take me an hour to do... any word if this is making a comeback? I know this has been beat to hell on here but damn.
DTweed 4:26 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Man my workflow is jacked without mixtape and the ability to edit quickly. Takes me three times as long to get something that would take me an hour to do... any word if this is making a comeback? I know this has been beat to hell on here but damn.

Why not just do a multi-track session on a DAW and fix it in the mix? You can still do some of the same things as mixtape. the feature just made it more stream lined to do
HeaVyyNeSs 10:40 PM - 20 January, 2017
That's what i'm doing but it just takes much longer, it's a workflow issue... I could quick mix, make edits quickly, add my vocals + drops for different stations, play around with the instrumental lengths for different formats and be done fast. It's cumbersome with serato dj. Having the mix go directly saved as a .als file was a godsend.
Culprit 9:44 PM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
That's what i'm doing but it just takes much longer, it's a workflow issue... I could quick mix, make edits quickly, add my vocals + drops for different stations, play around with the instrumental lengths for different formats and be done fast. It's cumbersome with serato dj. Having the mix go directly saved as a .als file was a godsend.

amen, my biggest issue with Serato DJ is this. It really is a shame that a legacy product still leaps ahead of its current product in development. I think the biggest issue or roadblock they ran into is trying to support mutiple pieces of hardware. I know that the Rane 62 couldnt track so effectively through the ALS file, and I also heard they just gave up on trying to fix that issue once Serato DJ became the main focus.
Culprit 9:46 PM - 21 January, 2017
with that comment, i dont mean the entire product in general, i mean that aspect of recording and making mixtapes. The other stuff Serato has done in Serato DJ is amazing.
Laz219 1:46 AM - 22 January, 2017
Yeah, I'd be happy to see mixtape come back, whether it's as a full version of the bridge or just a major upgrade to the record feature.
That ability almost had me buy a compatible rane mixer, just to use. Quite happy I just stuck with my empath now.
audiomontana 11:08 AM - 31 January, 2017
-- Support for all the differant controllers seems to be the thing that would cause alot of issues for serato stability if mixtape was included. As the user above is asking for. I really just want something that i can rewire the serato decks into ableton with. so i can record decks seperately. Also easily punch into the DAW mix with a cut from serato - Monitoring Latency and where the recording inserts are placed seems to be the biggest issue with what I would be asking. Its definately a work flow thing.
HeaVyyNeSs 4:56 AM - 16 February, 2017
Yea i figured supporting all the controllers would be an issue. I wouldn't mind them only supporting select mixers and controllers. I would immediately upgrade if I could get the features back in serato dj. My workflow is just too jacked up.
DJ Matty Stiles 12:55 PM - 17 February, 2017
Didn't read the whole thread

The bridge was cool for those ableton heads and producers with all those projects and loaded banks

Honestly I'd just prefer a more sophisticated sample player internally within serato (similar to traktors remix decks). just sync your samples (as far as I know this is not yet possible with DVS). That would eliminate the need to have 2 programs running simultaneously (for me). If this were to be implemented I'd get my hands on the knontrol F1 and go nuts
Dj Ace 6:25 PM - 23 February, 2017
It works on the new beta
hologram 10:14 PM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
It works on the new beta

?????
popnwave 11:59 PM - 24 February, 2017
He's confusing LINK with the old BRIDGE setup. It's not quite the same.
hologram 2:23 AM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:

ah OK.
I was abou to grab the new beta.
I just want MixTape functionality
popnwave 4:06 PM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

ah OK.
I was abou to grab the new beta.
I just want MixTape functionality

Yeah that's still a dream at the moment, hopefully some day they can revisit that feature. I think Ableton has let that ship sail, not just Serato.