DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Feedback

DJMoose01 5:04 AM - 19 November, 2013
Hello all,

Im, running 2 Denon 3500, Behringer 700 4 channel mixer and SL2......Question.... I was DJing a this past Saturday, and I had a problem with my equipment.. when i finished hooking my system up, and did a test, I noticed a Hum on my speakers. It wasnt bad till the start of the dance, right before dance i switched to channel 4 on my mixer, and it was the same. I noticed when i unplugged my laptop charger it went away, but the vocals went low and there was a echo, and the music lowered down, but when I plugged the charger back in music went louder and vocals came back but also the Hum came back too..... Yesterday.. I hooked everything bcak up, and same, this time i ran my cd decks with out the serato straight cds and no hum. so I went a lil further as to downloading a trail verion of virtual dj and using that, but the hum was there again... so im narrowing it to my laptop or charger... any suggestions?????
DJ Remix Detroit 5:33 AM - 19 November, 2013
humm = loss of ground

check all your grounds on your equipment, speakers, computer cord, all cables, and surge protector/power strip.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:21 PM - 19 November, 2013
Quote:
Hello all,

Im, running 2 Denon 3500, Behringer 700 4 channel mixer and SL2......Question.... I was DJing a this past Saturday, and I had a problem with my equipment.. when i finished hooking my system up, and did a test, I noticed a Hum on my speakers. It wasnt bad till the start of the dance, right before dance i switched to channel 4 on my mixer, and it was the same. I noticed when i unplugged my laptop charger it went away, but the vocals went low and there was a echo, and the music lowered down, but when I plugged the charger back in music went louder and vocals came back but also the Hum came back too..... Yesterday.. I hooked everything bcak up, and same, this time i ran my cd decks with out the serato straight cds and no hum. so I went a lil further as to downloading a trail verion of virtual dj and using that, but the hum was there again... so im narrowing it to my laptop or charger... any suggestions?????

Sounds like your plazma fluid was low. The plazma fluid protects the innards of your gear from feedback and risudual vibrations. Check your plazma levels and refill if needed
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:41 PM - 19 November, 2013
Quote:
Hello all,

HA!

I had the SAME THING some time ago...

And my boy DJ Kagen (Visor King of Serato Forums) advised me to get a NEW LAPTOP CHARGER...

And that forever solved my problem...

The charger had NOISE in the AC line, and that translated into, well...you know...

The infamous hum....

Warning, I had try a FEW different chargers until it completely went away....
RobDJ dotcom 7:29 PM - 19 November, 2013
1. Try to get a cheap "power conditioner" on line somewhere. I use TripLite.
2. Get one of those little outlet testers, the one with all three electrical prongs and three little lights on the back. Make sure there's no high voltage wired backward somewhere.
3. Keep 'line-level' cables out from underneath that mixer. Behringer mixers radiate a "hum" out of the bottom that bleeds into the lines and comes through amps and speakers.

The way you describe the sound drastically changing in different directions with and without the charger plugged in puzzles me. I run my SL3 with ITS OWN power supply transformer. Can you run an SL2 with its own transformer? If so, are you using it or powering the SL2 off the USB?
RobDJ dotcom 2:22 PM - 20 November, 2013
Well?
DJ Nightmare Productions 6:18 PM - 20 November, 2013
Ground Loop..
RobDJ dotcom 10:42 PM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:
Ground Loop..

Solid possibility