DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A Rane 63 ?

Will08272 11:24 PM - 14 November, 2013
Do you guys think Rane will make this happen. Im having a difficult time deciding between the 62 and 64 feel a 63 would be perfect.
Joee 11:26 PM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:
Do you guys think Rane will make this happen. Im having a difficult time deciding between the 62 and 64 feel a 63 would be perfect.

i would say no, people have been asking for a empath sl for years with no luck
Will08272 11:53 PM - 14 November, 2013
I guess in a way it makes sense you dont see many other companies making 3 ch mixers so there goes that.
Discobee 1:31 AM - 15 November, 2013
Which is exactly the reason why Rane should make a 3 channel mixer!
blackavenger 1:36 PM - 21 November, 2013
Yeah, I have always mixed with 3 decks. I used to have 2 Techs and a CDJ along with the SL3. Now I use a 4 channel controller to get this functionality. Three deck mixing is perfect. I can't see anyone besides Techno DJs needing 4 decks.....I think within any other genre the music is just too dynamic to sound good with anything more than 3 sources. Typically Hip-Hop DJs (at least the ones I know) are content with 2 channels.

However, I think a Sixty-Three would bridge the Hip-Hop & Dance Music worlds, and offer a balance between the two (often different) mixing styles.
Will08272 1:44 PM - 21 November, 2013
I know the naming schemes are nothing to look deep into because they soley refer to the number of chs but man, it would just be great if on were made. And even though i said the names of the mixers are for the chs it just makes perfect sense. Even if it was a limited production and more would be produced if there was interest.
Dj Knockout101 12:57 PM - 25 November, 2013
Why are you confused between the two?
DJ Remy USA 5:04 PM - 25 November, 2013
The rane 62 is somewhat of a 3 channel mixer. The aux channel has its own gain and filter knob. Granted there is no fader its a channel that can be used for 3 deck mixing on sampler routing. There is your happy medium for a 3 channel mixer.
DJ Remix Detroit 5:11 PM - 25 November, 2013
Quote:
The rane 62 is somewhat of a 3 channel mixer. The aux channel has its own gain and filter knob. Granted there is no fader its a channel that can be used for 3 deck mixing on sampler routing. There is your happy medium for a 3 channel mixer.

Or just buy a sixty four. And only use three of the channels.
Will08272 7:37 PM - 25 November, 2013
Quote:

For what i personally would like a 63 for i could get away with on the 62 using the session in, but i would have liked to have a channel strip with eq and filter. Guess i could save and get the 64 just would feel bad for the 4th ch being all alone and unused.
blackavenger 1:03 AM - 26 November, 2013
^Use it for the SP-6^

Thats how I use my controller...channels 1, 2, and 4 for mixing....channel 3 for the SP-6.
Will08272 1:53 AM - 26 November, 2013
Didnt think about that. But being that i dont ever use the sp6 ill still be stuck with 3 chs. I use my ipad for samples and shift between different audio programs and remote. Hopefully serato adds syncable sp6 to dvs users having it restricted to only controllers kinda sucks.
blackavenger 1:57 AM - 26 November, 2013
I imagine it'll come with 1.6.