DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Grandmaster Jay Was in the ARMY????

Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:34 AM - 13 November, 2013
Fake soldier??? I don't know but......

I am a US Army Soldier and I don't care WHAT unit you are in........

www.facebook.com

That shit is all kinds of wrong.... Lets start with the basics....

1) One, no head gear (Hat or Patrol Cap) outdoors.....

2) Finger on the trigger....... This has been preached since the first Gulf War.... as long as I have been in the Army.... FINGER OFF THE FRIGGIN TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE!!!!

3) Magazine (Clip for some civilians) in weapon in a residential area..... Ive seen the Barracks in Germany and even if you are on post..... what the hell???? That shit is not Authorized!!!!

4) The rife itself..... M16A2..... If it was government issue.... even if he was stationed in Europe.... it would have had some type of FLASH SUPPRESSOR..... That looks like a civilian version if you ask me....

5) The pic itself looks photoshopped but hey, other seem to remember him during his Army Days....

6) Its kind of hard to tell but it looks like he has ear rings in his ears...... Holy crap.... not authorized in uniform if he does....

7) His LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) was not standard issue during that time Prior to 2005 because of the BDU style uniform..... Hell my first Deployment to Iraq was in 2005..... We was still using Gulf War stuff until we finally phased over to all that new High Speed Velcro.... And no I was not in a National Guard or Reserve Unit.... (4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division Fort Hood TX)

8) 5 o Clock Shadow Beard/Fade going on....... Ok.... You are allowed a "Waiver" to have a beard for those that break out from shaving.... but it was NOT supposed to be shaped up and tapered in that manor......

I mean Faking the funk as a DJ..... That hurts.... Doing this and repping the uniform that I have proudly wore...... Now thats...........

Now he may have served.......... I don't know many people

Here is a picture of me during my first tour.......

www.facebook.com

That his how you are supposed to hold your weapon.....

Out for the night.....
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:38 AM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:
Fake soldier??? I don't know but......

I am a US Army Soldier and I don't care WHAT unit you are in........

www.facebook.com

That shit is all kinds of wrong.... Lets start with the basics....

1) One, no head gear (Hat or Patrol Cap) outdoors.....

2) Finger on the trigger....... This has been preached since the first Gulf War.... as long as I have been in the Army.... FINGER OFF THE FRIGGIN TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE!!!!

3) Magazine (Clip for some civilians) in weapon in a residential area..... Ive seen the Barracks in Germany and even if you are on post..... what the hell???? That shit is not Authorized!!!!

4) The rife itself..... M16A2..... If it was government issue.... even if he was stationed in Europe.... it would have had some type of FLASH SUPPRESSOR..... That looks like a civilian version if you ask me....

5) The pic itself looks photoshopped but hey, other seem to remember him during his Army Days....

6) Its kind of hard to tell but it looks like he has ear rings in his ears...... Holy crap.... not authorized in uniform if he does....

7) His LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) was not standard issue during that time Prior to 2005 because of the BDU style uniform..... Hell my first Deployment to Iraq was in 2005..... We was still using Gulf War stuff until we finally phased over to all that new High Speed Velcro.... And no I was not in a National Guard or Reserve Unit.... (4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division Fort Hood TX)

8) 5 o Clock Shadow Beard/Fade going on....... Ok.... You are allowed a "Waiver" to have a beard for those that break out from shaving.... but it was NOT supposed to be shaped up and tapered in that manor......

I mean Faking the funk as a DJ..... That hurts.... Doing this and repping the uniform that I have proudly wore...... Now thats...........

******Now he may have served.......... I don't know any people that have served in his unit personally..... *********

Here is a picture of me during my first tour.......

www.facebook.com

That his how you are supposed to hold your weapon.....

Out for the night.....

FIXED
DJ Remix Detroit 7:50 AM - 13 November, 2013
Those r his trick or treat pics from 2 weeks ago. Lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:36 AM - 13 November, 2013
Is his knee bent and flat on the ground at the same time?

Whats really messed up is if you look at the comments you can see hes got his mom fooled too
DJ Remy USA 12:24 PM - 13 November, 2013
Looks fake to me too Victor your observations are spot on. I was in for 8 years US Army soldiers never roll their sleeves up its just something we NEVER do.

The black LBE is not standard and I have never seen that in the army its simply out of regulation.

No flash suppressor on his rifle not US army standard.

Hand inside of the trigger well while holding his rifle no real trained soldier would ever do that.

Look at the top of shirt there is flap covering his LBE as if its locking it into his shirt. Never seen that before either in Army.

However he could have been in the Army before what the hell do I know.
DJ Remy USA 12:26 PM - 13 November, 2013
I was in the 82nd Victor but I dont have any ties to it at this point so I couldnt do the research even if I wanted too.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:55 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:
sleeves up its just something we NEVER do.

Sleeves up is for real troops... USMC ALL DAY BABY...OOOH RAH!!!

lol
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:58 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

lol

hahaha..... You guys are still owned by the Navy!!!!! ;-)
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:02 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:
Looks fake to me too Victor your observations are spot on. I was in for 8 years US Army soldiers never roll their sleeves up its just something we NEVER do.

The black LBE is not standard and I have never seen that in the army its simply out of regulation.

No flash suppressor on his rifle not US army standard.

Hand inside of the trigger well while holding his rifle no real trained soldier would ever do that.

Look at the top of shirt there is flap covering his LBE as if its locking it into his shirt. Never seen that before either in Army.

However he could have been in the Army before what the hell do I know.

As long as I have been in.... I have heard stories of units in Germany being able to roll up there sleeves.... Why Germany and not Hot Ass Fort Hood is beyond me.... lol But thats why I assume he was with an Airborne Detachment in Germany.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:31 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol

hahaha..... You guys are still owned by the Navy!!!!! ;-)

true true...lol

not sure if you've heard this joke:

Marine Says to Sailor:

Marine: The Navy is for bellbottom wearing fags.

Sailor: Well you guys are a department of the Navy.

Marine: Yeah, the MENS department!

lmao...its old, but it still cracks me up.
AKIEM 3:38 PM - 13 November, 2013
Lolz @ finger on the trigger regardless
12inchskinz 3:42 PM - 13 November, 2013
As a vet, I would NEVER criticize ones service. I can only judge that pic and it's clownish looking (Hey there Rambo, nice trigger finger). Im going to assume he was in the Army/Air Force/reserve at some point as he does have other conservative looking pics in BDU's. Pic looks 90's ish.
Joshua Carl 6:30 PM - 13 November, 2013
ILL go ahead and co-sign this as well.
www.facebook.com

Im not saying he wasnt ever in.
but yeah, that pic...
not saying he couldnt been being a complete clown and threw on an unauthorized LBE, and threw in a an empty mag..., BUT WHO DOES THAT?
we all pose for stupid pictures... shit happens.. (ehemmm: scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net )

Im more inclined to beleieve he was in the army, then a hiphop pioneer.
cause if theres one thing I learned, ESPECIALLY IN PRE-DESERT STORM...
the army will take any clown.
not so much anymore, but alot of people in the 75-95 era never saw a tour, were way out of standard and the GOOD OLD BOY club was a major factor.

but 20 years, e5? ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Joee 7:33 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:

. (ehemmm: scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net )

DAMN……id hate to see you in one of those kid kapri situations (don't couch me) …..you'll wait till there 10 block away and pick them off……..lol
DJ Remix Detroit 8:04 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:
we all pose for stupid pictures... shit happens.. (ehemmm: scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net )

and that goes back to this:

Quote:

even taking stupid pics, your finger still remained off the trigger. hell, ive got my "Gun" pics from my first tour in Iraq and my finger always stayed off the trigger.

and anyone who has been through bootcamp just flat out knows, keep your finger off the trigger... even for stupid 'gun' pics.
DJ GaFFle 10:48 PM - 13 November, 2013
Hats off to you soldier and former soldier dudes.
DJ GaFFle 10:49 PM - 13 November, 2013
^^^ (nm)
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:17 AM - 14 November, 2013
^^^^^
Give thanks!
DJ Eighty 8 1:45 AM - 14 November, 2013
I've always wore my sleeves up in the summer time........

www.facebook.com
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:57 AM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:

www.facebook.com

I have heard of some units doing it........ but when I got in in 2003...... I've never rolled my sleeves or seen anyone roll up to this day.

Why couldn't I have been in a unit that did that..... I mean Fort Hood is about as hot as it gets..... Don't get me started on Fort Polk..... You have NEVER felt disgusting heat until you have done a JRTC rotation in Fort Polk during the summer.......

Good Crawfish though! lol
DJ Reflex 2:33 AM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

www.facebook.com

I have heard of some units doing it........ but when I got in in 2003...... I've never rolled my sleeves or seen anyone roll up to this day.

Why couldn't I have been in a unit that did that..... I mean Fort Hood is about as hot as it gets..... Don't get me started on Fort Polk..... You have NEVER felt disgusting heat until you have done a JRTC rotation in Fort Polk during the summer.......

Good Crawfish though! lol

I get the humidity and all, but Fort Irwin (Mojave Desert) was freekin' hot. Sleeping in the dust and watching out for scorpions in your boots was not much fun.
DJ Reflex 3:00 AM - 14 November, 2013
BTW - GMJ was there too... with his sleeves rolled up.
AKIEM 3:16 AM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:

Pretty sure he invented 'sleeves up'

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:22 AM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Pretty sure he invented 'sleeves up'

nm
thats why we call record sleeves sleeves
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:43 PM - 14 November, 2013
He was there during the invasion of Panama...... it wasnt the SEALs or Delta Force..... it was GMJ that captured Noreaga......
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:49 PM - 14 November, 2013
There was a time that you were required to roll your sleeves by a certain date. That may have been post specific, but it was done on all posts during my entire time in. That was in the US & Germany. 1987-94
Joshua Carl 2:35 PM - 14 November, 2013
as i always understood it, it was always a reg passed down through the post commander.
in the BDU days it was certainly more common than when we switched to ACUs
with ACUs it was just "go topless"

but of course, in classic army wit... everyone does it, or no one does.
so you'd have one person crying....waaah, its cold. so tops on
Mighty Dragon Sounds 5:45 PM - 14 November, 2013
I've witness 3 generations of Army.......

The "Be All You Can Be" (Started to go away as I was coming in)

"Army Of One" (Thats where they came out with the Bitch Cards..... or Stress Cards as I like to call it..... where if you were getting yelled at too much you can pull out the Stress Card... I have never actually seen anyone do it however... lol Guess no one wants to be "that guy")

And now you have "Army Strong"........ More like Army of......... Ehh well I am not even gonna say it. lol
AKIEM 5:59 PM - 14 November, 2013
For real you have a bitch card you can pull out?

LMAO

nm
DJ Remy USA 6:03 PM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:
For real you have a bitch card you can pull out?

LMAO

nm

Yes I flabbergasted when a new private told me that crap one day. I had just a new soldier and he was like where is the stress cards this is too hard. I was wtf stress card you better suck it up.

Glad Im out the military but happy I served it built me for anything this world has through at me. Im practically unbreakable works really well when Im out and DJing and someone wants to be tough guy and finds out he's not as tough as he thought when the light skin green eyed guy skull drags him in the most obscene and destructive fashion. The army taught me controlled violence.
AKIEM 6:09 PM - 14 November, 2013
I would never join the army (past my age now) but I respect anyone for meeting that challenge - but shit like that - WTF?

Does the enemy recognize those?
Joshua Carl 6:25 PM - 14 November, 2013
Bitch Card for the participation trophy generation.

I had never seen it, but had heard rumors too.
my Iteration of Basic Training (FT Leonardwood 199ehemmm) was the last gender separated group to go through basic there.
so, when I was in medic school....a few weeks later we got the first group of Male/Female Comapnies coming though for AIT.
the fucking stories.
its when the Army got real soft, i dont think it had so much to do with females, but its when all that sensitivity shit started going down.
on top of that, from what i understand that shit was a straight up orgy
there was a brothel (for lack of better terms) being ran off one of the female floors...ect ect.

crazy.
bitch card..lol
waiting for Jay to pullhis bitch card.... oh wait, he has been wearing it on his sleeve for weeks now.,
AKIEM 7:27 PM - 14 November, 2013
Lol - I was wondering what that patch was...
DJ Remix Detroit 8:56 PM - 14 November, 2013
They only issue those in the army. Lol.
dj_craigmac 2:54 AM - 15 November, 2013
Quote:
They only issue those in the army. Lol.

Nope. The navy too. I see sailors pull that card shit on chiefs when they're getting chewed out.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:30 PM - 15 November, 2013
well you def aint gonna see that shit in the Corps.
djdalite 6:13 PM - 15 November, 2013
on his fb book page his moms comments happy veterans day....not sure if that has any credit to it since he probably lives in his moms basement
Dj AR1 7:10 PM - 15 November, 2013
DATS ALL FAKE
Whyme 9:35 PM - 15 November, 2013
I was an MP at Ft. Jackson during the stress card fiasco. It did not last long and was considered a failure. It was only for Basic Training so I never had to deal with it. I would of loved to have a trainee pull it on me during an arrest or an investigation. Would have been life long memories for him and I. I went through Ft. Benning on my first enlistment for Infantry School. Drill SGT. Poole would have made me it one if I tried that shit.
DJ Mixtron 8:48 AM - 14 January, 2014
Hey guys I'm late to the party but I've been researching our friend and I'm sad to say he was actually in the military. I moonlight as a DJ but work in the legal world. Seems Mr. Johnson served his country from 89-2006. Came out of Ft Bragg NC (at least that's what his discharge station was) and had quite few decorations to boot. Dude saw combat a few times. Was in a few combat units like the Cavalry and the Airborne. That's all I could find legally. I have a few ex-Army buddies who said the rolled sleeves thing is an Army thing and that patch is from 82nd Airborne and the vest and gear looks Special Ops issue stuff. Still doesn't explain his behavior in 2013 though. IJS
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:47 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys I'm late to the party but I've been researching our friend and I'm sad to say he was actually in the military. I moonlight as a DJ but work in the legal world. Seems Mr. Johnson served his country from 89-2006. Came out of Ft Bragg NC (at least that's what his discharge station was) and had quite few decorations to boot. Dude saw combat a few times. Was in a few combat units like the Cavalry and the Airborne. That's all I could find legally. I have a few ex-Army buddies who said the rolled sleeves thing is an Army thing and that patch is from 82nd Airborne and the vest and gear looks Special Ops issue stuff. Still doesn't explain his behavior in 2013 though. IJS

Still doesn't explain his Army behavior either.....

He looks like he has in ear rings... which is out of regulation in the Army. Airforce and Navy Females can wear ear rings while in duty uniform but not Army.

He has no concept of safety, he has a magazine in an M16 in what looks like a residential area..... Either way he should not have a magazine in the weapon at all, unless he was on guard duty, which leads me back to my first point...... If he was on Duty, why the ear rings, why the trimmed mustache and beard look. (Trimmed beard is out of regulations by the way in the Army)

He has on no head gear.

All these doesn't mean that he couldn't have been in the Army. He very well was...... but judging from this picture and just from this picture alone....... I wouldn't want to be in his unit. He looks like, what we call in the Army.... "ATE UP FROM THE FLO UP!!!!"
Brewski 3:31 PM - 14 January, 2014
Dj Mixtron = Grandmaster Jay

austrianeconomists.typepad.com
slimmjimm 5:04 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
Dj Mixtron = Grandmaster Jay

austrianeconomists.typepad.com

I concur.
AKIEM 5:05 PM - 14 January, 2014
say Mixtron, according to your research is it Army regulation to pose with your finger on the trigger or is it thats just how a guy naturally holds a gun in any situation?

questions been kicked around here a little
Joshua Carl 5:25 PM - 14 January, 2014
finger does not touch the trigger unless a. your on a range about to shoot b. your weapon is hooked up to LMTS/cleared c. doing trigger sqeeze (Dime) drills, again cleared....

there might be a very few other I cant remember from my range safety days...
but posing with a picture DEF is NOT one of them
AKIEM 5:28 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
finger does not touch the trigger unless a. your on a range about to shoot b. your weapon is hooked up to LMTS/cleared c. doing trigger sqeeze (Dime) drills, again cleared....

how about on a dark rainy night, following a bl..... eh nevermind.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:55 AM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

A) i wasnt talking about someone who was trained on the military
B) this PROVES that even someone with military training can fall into this natural habbit even after being trauned not to
C) why we bringin up old shit
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:56 AM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:

Josh carl, would you say that someone with zero training in gun saftey would naturally put their finger on the trigger while holding a gun in a potentially dangerous situation?
Joshua Carl 2:53 AM - 15 January, 2014
Someone who cares more about looking cool

Someone with little to no training

And yeah, obviously someone who don't know any better.
It hard to generalize a entire world of humans index behavior when holding a gun though.

I can tell you this; if a picture like that ever surfaced in ant unit I was in I would certainly b a rank lower and have much larger shoulders

Even when I went civilian skeet shooting they said finger out of the trigger well about 39 times.

I think it's a fair statement he was in, it's also fair to say he was probably a Blue Falcon
DJ Reflex 3:02 AM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
it's also fair to say he was probably a Blue Falcon

LOL Haha!
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:21 AM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
Someone who cares more about looking cool

Someone with little to no training

And yeah, obviously someone who don't know any better.

.....interesting!!
AKIEM 5:13 AM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

B) this PROVES that even someone with military training can fall into this natural habbit even after being trauned not to

A) neither was I
B) doesn't need proof, because idiots are idiots and do dumb shit
C) because the shit is funny (and I said nevermind)

What's funny is you saying that a guy absolutely would have his finger on the trigger drawing a gun in any situation - therefore it would have went off if he fell - and if the gun didnt go off that's PROOOF it wasn't drawn while he fell.

plain ridiculous.

Any dude without training (even tho this one had some) might not immediately put his finger on the trigger when drawing. And even if he did, he could still fall and NOT clench up firing. The fact a guy falls without popping off a shot is NOT proof he did not have his weapon drawn while falling.

Dudes take spills all the time while weapon drawn - fact that no shot was fired means shit

He might have had it drawn - it makes more sense than how he said it was drawn.

LMAO.nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:33 PM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A) neither was I

What's funny is you saying that a guy absolutely would have his finger on the trigger drawing a gun in any situation - therefore it would have went off if he fell - and if the gun didnt go off that's PROOOF it wasn't drawn while he fell.

plain ridiculous.

Any dude without training (even tho this one had some) might not immediately put his finger on the trigger when drawing. And even if he did, he could still fall and NOT clench up firing. The fact a guy falls without popping off a shot is NOT proof he did not have his weapon drawn while falling.

Dudes take spills all the time while weapon drawn - fact that no shot was fired means shit

LMAO.nm

I did NOT say that his trigger finger clenched because he took a fall. I said his finger would have been on the trigger because he was being attacked and his trigger finger would have clenched because he was being punched in the fact, which is a much more likley senario than your proposed hypothesis that an armed, untrained, wannabe cop had a drawn weapon with his finger off the trigger aiming a gun at someone then allowing that someone to run up, punch him in the face, mount him, pummel his face, all the while focusing in keeping his finger OFF the trigger.
AKIEM 3:20 PM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A) neither was I

plain ridiculous.

LMAO.nm

I did NOT say that his trigger finger clenched because he took a fall. I said his finger would have been on the trigger because he was being attacked and his trigger finger would have clenched because he was being punched in the fact, which is a much more likley senario than your proposed hypothesis that an armed, untrained, wannabe cop had a drawn weapon with his finger off the trigger aiming a gun at someone then allowing that someone to run up, punch him in the face, mount him, pummel his face, all the while focusing in keeping his finger OFF the trigger.

The part of my hypothesis which you misrepresented was that he actually never pointed the gun at anyone. And the reason he was unable to put his finger on the trigger was that he was surprised. And by the time he may have tried to put his finger on the trigger (even tho it was only a fist fight at this point) he could not because a hand was grabbing the gun with his finger locked in place outside the trigger guard. This explains why he was not able to fight back in any regard, and why his injuries are more consistent with a pistol being smashed back in his face than with a several minute long MMA style beating from blow after blow reigning down.

Do I know this is what happened? Obviously not. I just think it is more plausible than the story told of reaching down to his side/back seemingly with free movement to grab his pistol even tho he was mounted at the chest. And then he was able to point the pistol at his assailant as if the assailant was just sitting there with no arms in the way. And the reason he even remembered he had a weapon was his assailant somehow noticed the weapon and tried to grab it first even though it was dark as fuck and a frenzied fight was taking place - or he felt the gun with his knee - same frenzied fight taking place.

The fact that a shot was not fired when/if he fell is not at all proof he did not have his weapon drawn prior to the fight.

And the only point I am making is the story told sounds highly unlikely - even you admitted the dude was likely "lying his ass off"

And the fact is according to training which he had, putting your finger on the trigger is a 'no no' without a target in sight. So it makes sense that looking around for a dude hiding in the bushes he would not have had his finger on the trigger yet - not *actually being in a life threatening situation. But might have had his pistol drawn being in a *possible life threatening situation - poking around looking for a dude in the bush.

I know I would have had the pistol drawn - not that I would ever be chasing a guy for no reason in the first place tho.

And now back to our program (or not). What does Grandmaster Jay think?
Nm
DJ Mixtron 5:22 PM - 28 January, 2014
Hey guys looks like The Grandmaster himself has posted this on his FB page complete with a series of photos. BTW I don't see any earrings in his ears.

www.facebook.com

"I'm sorry I just couldn't resist. There are those out there who have questioned my service to this country which I swore to defend against all enemies...foreign and domestic. I just don't think they know what TYPE of soldier I was so...lets look back! 3rd CAV, 82nd AirBorne, SOCOM, 21st TAACOM, Ft Bragg, Ft Bliss, JFK Special War Fighter Center, FORSCOM,CINCOM, PACOM stand up!! They don't call us Special for nothing! (6 photos)"

Take a look and give your thoughts Dragon.
Joshua Carl 5:38 PM - 28 January, 2014
unsubscribes from this thread*

I hate the thought that someone who served the same flag I did for so long left the service; and left all the code, ethics & professionalism behind with his DD214 for a mid-life crisis
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:00 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys looks like The Grandmaster himself has posted this on his FB page complete with a series of photos. BTW I don't see any earrings in his ears.

www.facebook.com

"I'm sorry I just couldn't resist. There are those out there who have questioned my service to this country which I swore to defend against all enemies...foreign and domestic. I just don't think they know what TYPE of soldier I was so...lets look back! 3rd CAV, 82nd AirBorne, SOCOM, 21st TAACOM, Ft Bragg, Ft Bliss, JFK Special War Fighter Center, FORSCOM,CINCOM, PACOM stand up!! They don't call us Special for nothing! (6 photos)"

Check out the first picture that i put up of him early in this thread..........

SOCOM.......... JFK Special War Fighter Center.......... Those words sound fancy huh????? Ask anyone thats been stationed in Fort Bragg for over a year.......

Unless you was actually a "LONG TABED" Group Assigned Soldier........ you can keep quoting all those words you wanted...... Hell you can say..... "I was with SPECIAL FORCES" all you want..... Sir, I don't see a "Long Tab" on you..... Infact I see no tabs......

I am not doubting his service...... His rank, his unit badges and his history of assignments add up to some type of military service...... What kind of soldier was he? From his rank he is an NCO, yes.... From his pics, he looks like a douche.

"Special" yes......... very special indeed..... I don't see a "Long Tab" and anyone on this forum that has served in the Army in Fort Bragg knows what I am talking about when I say "Long Tab"..... Lets see if he has the balls to call himself Special Forces.

Hell... I was 4th Infantry 4th Brigade Combat Team assigned to a "SPECIAL TROOPS" battalion........ Was we special..... yes in our own minds.... lol And anyone that was ever assigned to an STB will know what I am talking about.

This guy can keep doing what he's doing..... Big Ups to him...... but his attitude alone speaks volumes.
DJ Remix Detroit 6:05 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:

www.facebook.com

that's sad as fuck... dude is completely disrespecting the US Armed Forces with his bullshit....

Yo Jay, if you're reading this, I hope a TRUE Veteran knocks your fake punk ass out, before I get a chance to.
DJ Mixtron 6:49 PM - 28 January, 2014
Thanks for that info Dragon. I can respect your thoughts and I agree. I looked at his greens and saw an Airborne tab and an Air Assault tab but no Ranger. I looked at his blues and I see a lot of ribbons but cant tell what they are for. I also see he has a patch on his right shoulder in one pic which means he went to combat. Holding some pretty serious firepower too. I don't knock anybody who has worn the uniform in combat period.
Now to my man Remix I would say unless you have actually met this man I would refrain from making threats. Vets don't attack other vets. I would ask you though, have you served? And if you have, how is he disrespecting the US Armed Forces? Just asking you since you made the statement. And Jay if you are reading any of this why don't you respond dude?
DJ Remix Detroit 8:57 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
how is he disrespecting the US Armed Forces?

when you have a bafoon like jay, who is trying to use military service (if it's true), as a tool to make a sorry ass attempt to make himself look credible, after being caught in a huge lie, then that is disrespectful.

he's in the same boat as the cats who go around lying saying they were war heroes highly decorated service men, just to get perks and make themselves feel important.

Quote:
I would ask you though, have you served?

Yes. E-5 with 6 years active duty US Marines, and 2 years Army reserve . Participated in OIF and OEF in Iraq.

I've lost 3 Marines in my unit, with several injured to to insurgent attacks in Afghanistan, so, i know for a fact how my fellow Marines would feel if they saw some punk using his uniform & service as a way to save his ass.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:11 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Now to my man Remix I would say unless you have actually met this man I would refrain from making threats. Vets don't attack other vets

wheres the evidence this guy even served? he's a fuckin liar and a joke. as far as i can see, he's not legendary, he's not a dj, and he's not a veteran.

and besides, it's not hard to go to an army surplus store and boy uniforms.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 10:26 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Thanks for that info Dragon. I can respect your thoughts and I agree. I looked at his greens and saw an Airborne tab and an Air Assault tab but no Ranger. I looked at his blues and I see a lot of ribbons but cant tell what they are for. I also see he has a patch on his right shoulder in one pic which means he went to combat. Holding some pretty serious firepower too. I don't knock anybody who has worn the uniform in combat period.
Now to my man Remix I would say unless you have actually met this man I would refrain from making threats. Vets don't attack other vets. I would ask you though, have you served? And if you have, how is he disrespecting the US Armed Forces? Just asking you since you made the statement. And Jay if you are reading any of this why don't you respond dude?

Army Regulation AR-670-1 which covers wear and appearance... it will also answer your questions about what his ribbons are.

Airborne is not a "Skill Tab" it is a Badge.
Air Assault is also a Badge and not a "Skill Tab"

Ranger, Special Forces, Sapper etc are "Skill Tabs"

If anyone comes up to you and wears a "Sniper Tab" just slap them upside the head. Real snipers know where they would "wear" their Sniper Tab.

Yes..... a unit patch on the right shoulder means that he deployed with that unit. If you joined between the years of 2000 and 2009 you probably already have 3 or 4 deployment patches by now from different units. But packing some serious Firepower? An M-16A2 with M203 and dual wielding what looks to be an M60........ No soldier, Infantry or not will carry a crew served weapon along with a rifle/grenadier combo.

So yes^^^^ He was posing with some serious firepower with his shirt off looking like a........ yea.
DJ Mixtron 1:24 AM - 29 January, 2014
Good response Remix. You too have my respect and thank you for your service to our country. However verifying somebody's military service is easily verifiable and a matter of public record. It is also a violation of Federal law (10 USC 771 AND 772 AUTHORIZED AN UNAUTHORIZED WEARING OF MILITARY UNIFORMS) to wear a military uniform with real patches and such...so I reached out to my buddy in the 18th AirBorne Corps Staff Judge Advocate at Fort Bragg and here is what he says E7/SFC Johnson's DD214 says:

3 Army Commendation Medals, 5 Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon, 3 Overseas Service Ribbons, Expert Marksmanship Qualification With Rifle Bar, Expert Grenade, Kuwaiti Star, Meritorious Unit Commendation, and Valorous Unit Award
Says he served from 1989 to 2006 so that's 17 years bud.
Also says he deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Desert Shield and Storm, and something called Operation Provide Comfort.

I would say give the guy a break on the military piece and continue to rip his ass for the things he has done as a civilian.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:48 AM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
Good response Remix. You too have my respect and thank you for your service to our country. However verifying somebody's military service is easily verifiable and a matter of public record. It is also a violation of Federal law (10 USC 771 AND 772 AUTHORIZED AN UNAUTHORIZED WEARING OF MILITARY UNIFORMS) to wear a military uniform with real patches and such...so I reached out to my buddy in the 18th AirBorne Corps Staff Judge Advocate at Fort Bragg and here is what he says E7/SFC Johnson's DD214 says:

3 Army Commendation Medals, 5 Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon, 3 Overseas Service Ribbons, Expert Marksmanship Qualification With Rifle Bar, Expert Grenade, Kuwaiti Star, Meritorious Unit Commendation, and Valorous Unit Award
Says he served from 1989 to 2006 so that's 17 years bud.
Also says he deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Desert Shield and Storm, and something called Operation Provide Comfort.

I would say give the guy a break on the military piece and continue to rip his ass for the things he has done as a civilian.

I'll give the guy a break on the military side..... He has served his country I will give him that.... as did the rest of us......

I do however reserve the right to humbly object to him using his military service as based on his pictures on Facebook and his poses as what seems to be "intimidation" pics.... Hey. I'm going off his lames poses and his "So You Wanna War" tag.... but anyway.... If he wishes to portray himself that way fine.

However.... this puzzles me....

Having served both Active Duty and Inactive Duty, and back to Active Duty........ I know, from my out processing briefings and everything else that a DD214 is PROTECTED information made only available to the service member or next of kin. If the service member should decide to give a hiring company that information for employment purposes that is perfectly fine.

But your telling me.... that YOU called JAG at 18th Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg and simply asked for his DD214 and service history and they just gave it to you???

Holy crap.... if you could do it.... then that means...... Oh No.... My B!tCH of an ex-wife can do it.... Holy crap anyone can do it!!!!!????? Oh no!!! None of my service information is safe!!!!

Sir, please if you care about service members you would PM me the POC for the JAG office at 18th Airborne Corps.... There is possibly a serious leak of information right there. I personally don't want some former combatant that may have had a hostile run in with me that was locked up at Gitmo to come looking for me..... Hell he would have to just call my S1 your telling they will tell him.... yes.... He served in this operation and that operation.......

I mean, any other of my fellow service members agree??? How is this man, a random lawyer gathering information on someone that is not related???

I will have to confirm a few things.... Until then this is no longer about his service record..... its the fact that his service record can be made so readily available to the public. I will have to do some research and talk to my old S1 about this.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:40 AM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:

its very disturbing to see a veteran pull this kind of stunt. and he is making military members look very bad.

the US Military is held to high standards by it's own members and Americans who havnt served, so for this jackass to go around flaunting the US military like it's some pretty boy status, and to be a complete dishonest idiot, is going against the core values of what the majority of veterans stand for.

it's one thing to do something stupid and get caught, but this dumb ass doesnt even have the balls to admit he fucked up and be humble about it and take a seat. he's steadily parading around like an asshole and using the military image to portray this bullshit.
AKIEM 3:44 AM - 29 January, 2014
DJ Mixtron, can you get any legal info about why he is posing with his finger on the trigger?
DJ Mixtron 8:30 AM - 30 January, 2014
In the past, military service departments, VA, and other organizations routinely advised veterans and separating servicepersons to file their DD 214 (Report of Separation from Active Military Service) with their public facility responsible for safekeeping documents; for example, the county courthouse or vital statistics agency.
That advice was given so that veterans would be able to obtain a copy of their DD 214 from the public facility if necessary.This advice is no longer given. The availability of the DD 214 in public facilities presents an environment for potential identity theft and fraud. In some facilities, poor or nonexistent security measures allow anyone to access those records. The DD 214 contains personal information such as name, birth date, social security number, and address. The information can be used to create multiple types of financial scams as well as to obtain fraudulent ID cards.

Need we say anymore? Nobody said anybody was given anything, but investigators can viewinformation under the FOA. They do it all the time. In the end it's also about who you know. Do not read into something that was not stated. Nobodys getting thrown under a bus here so get off the gimme a name train. Your docs are safe. Now back to GMJ...you tell me is there a law or a regulation regarding this finger on trigger thing or is it a trained best practice? If so what does it say?
AKIEM 9:05 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
Now back to GMJ...you tell me is there a law or a regulation regarding this finger on trigger thing or is it a trained best practice? If so what does it say?

Why are you asking me? I asked you.

nm
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:31 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
In the past, military service departments, VA, and other organizations routinely advised veterans and separating servicepersons to file their DD 214 (Report of Separation from Active Military Service) with their public facility responsible for safekeeping documents; for example, the county courthouse or vital statistics agency.
That advice was given so that veterans would be able to obtain a copy of their DD 214 from the public facility if necessary.This advice is no longer given. The availability of the DD 214 in public facilities presents an environment for potential identity theft and fraud. In some facilities, poor or nonexistent security measures allow anyone to access those records. The DD 214 contains personal information such as name, birth date, social security number, and address. The information can be used to create multiple types of financial scams as well as to obtain fraudulent ID cards.

Need we say anymore? Nobody said anybody was given anything, but investigators can viewinformation under the FOA. They do it all the time. In the end it's also about who you know. Do not read into something that was not stated. Nobodys getting thrown under a bus here so get off the gimme a name train. Your docs are safe. Now back to GMJ...you tell me is there a law or a regulation regarding this finger on trigger thing or is it a trained best practice? If so what does it say?

serato.com

You know what......
pdidy 12:47 PM - 30 January, 2014
^^^^^^serato.com