Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato crashes when I want to import my music

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
JannikH 8:32 AM - 8 November, 2013
I bought a DDJ-SX and I am new to Serato. I want to add all my Tracks (83GB) to the Serato Libary but when I do so, Serato chrashes when "Reading Tags" or something.

My Notebook is a sony Vaio, 8GB Ram, Core i5 2.5 GHZ

What is the problem? I need to fix it today, because I want to use it in the Evening ;)
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:53 AM - 11 November, 2013
Hey JannikH,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Before I can start the troubleshooting process I need to gather some further information,

1. Can you send me your FULL computer specs?
-- RIGHT-Click your MY COMPUTER icon and select PROPERTIES
-- Copy this information back to me please.

2. How big is your internal hard drive?
-- How much free space do you have on it?

3. Are you using any external hard drives to organise your music?
-- How big is the drive?
-- How much free space is on the drive?
-- Is the drive just used for music files?

4. Are you using any other USB devices?
-- Any wireless mouses / keyboards?

5. You may have corrupt files within the Database, please follow this guide to help you. It's written for Scratch Live but is the same process for Serato DJ: serato.com

Regards

Dave W
JannikH 1:28 PM - 11 November, 2013
Hey Dave!

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 GHZ
Ram: 8,00GB
System: Windows 7 64Bit

Hard Drive: 1000GB / 500GB Free Space
All Music is stored in C:/Music

There is just the DDJ SX and an USB-Mouse connected.

I can't find the Corrupt Files because Serato Freezes in the Analysing-Process, too.

Regards

Jannik
Serato, Support
David Wood 8:49 PM - 11 November, 2013
You may have corrupt files within the Database, please follow this guide to help you. It's written for Scratch Live but is the same process for Serato DJ: serato.com

In this article it shows you how to deal with the program closing during the analyzing process: After Scratch Live has shut down unexpectedly while analyzing files, leave the program closed. DO NOT RE-OPEN THE PROGRAM. Go to the internal drives C:/My Music/_Serato_ folder (Windows) or Mac HD/Users/Music/_Serato_ (Mac) and open the OverviewBuilder.Log. This file should list all of the songs that were just analyzed. The last file within the list should be the corrupt file.

NOTE: If your computer has multiple cores and analyzes more than one song at a time, the corrupt file might not be the last file in the list. It could be within the last two or four files, depending how many files your computer analyzes at once. In this case my computer analyzes two files at once, so I would write down the last 2 songs listed.

See page 5 please and follow the instructions.

Let us know how you go.

Regards
Dave
8:04 AM, 26 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.