Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Effect "on/off" light not blinking when effect is ON

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Night Riders 8:47 PM - 6 November, 2013
When I switch ON the effect on channel A (for example) the effect light is not blinking. SO I have not way to know if is is ON of OFF unless I look on the screen in the FX window (not convenient). In a similar situation with ITCH, the effect light is blinking when the effect is ON.
I would like to migrate from ITCH to Serato DJ but I can't because of this. tks'
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:55 AM - 11 November, 2013
Hey Night Riders,

Thanks for your patience. We are aware of this issue and it has been currently been logged into our internal tracking system as bug. We hope to address this issue in a upcoming release, however I cannot give you a timeframe to when that will be.

Cheers

Mak T
Night Riders 5:57 AM - 22 November, 2013
Hi Mark,
I've been waiting for over 6 months for this. I keep downloading each new version but I noticed almost no bug fixing is done for the DDJ-S1. It's quiet frustrating, especially for a major function. Do you know when this bug is scheduled to be fixed?
Tks a lot!
Cheers
Night Riders 6:59 PM - 17 December, 2013
Hi Mark,

Any updated on the above?
Thank you.
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:30 AM - 6 January, 2014
Hey NightRiders,

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, this issue is still to be addressed within the Serato DJ software. Again, I cannot give you a timeframe to when this will be addressed.

Cheers

Mak T
8:06 AM, 20 Jan 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Night Riders 6:12 PM - 23 January, 2014
Guys,
I don't understand...I cannot migrate my computer to MAVERICKS because they are connectivity issues with ITCH. You stopped all developments on ITCH and are pushing people to use SERATO DJ, but since over a year nothing has been done to make it work with the Pioneer DDJ-S1. So many functions are not working that SERTO DJ is useless. I keep reading forums with people complaining about that. Why can't you address this ongoing issue? It's extremely frustrating.
Yo_LaNo 7:42 AM - 24 January, 2014
Greetings friend,

I to noticed the light not functioning (blinking) while the effect button was on. I played around an found that when the "FX" tab is clicked on the top of the screen an you can see the knob effects change it caused the problem.

I fixed my issue by:
-Not clicking on the "fx" tab on the top of the Serato Dj program screen
-play a track an Press the effect button on your ddj s1 an see if it begins to blink.
- if it does then great =) but if not click the Fx tab on the top of the screen an try that.

I think the only draw back for me is i cant see the amount of effect im influencing ontothe track, but i could care less. I'd rather have a blinking light on the S1 than a still light.

Hope i didnt confuse you man, good luck
Night Riders 10:18 PM - 29 January, 2014
Answer to Matt P 3:57 PM - 29 January, 2014
Question: What exactly are the problems with Serato DJ that you don't have with ITCH?
serato.com

Night Riders 4:39 PM - 29 January, 2014
1) My "BIG" issue preventing me from using SERATO DJ is the effects ON/OFF buttons are not blinking when a single Effect is ON. This issue was reported since Serato DJ was launched and you can see on many threads the serato team saying they are aware of it and will fix it...
I got caught few times releasing a song with the effect "ON" from the previous song of the same deck and when the effect is at 100% and no sound comes out of the master...you stress trying to see where the issue is coming from... and finally realize the effect is ON but the light is not blinking, it is VERY frustrating.
2) Last time I tried Serato DJ the volume level for the Master were not the same on the deck and on the screen (I have to say I haven't double check that since few months)

PS: I am running the latest version of Serato DJ (I check every week since the release) and I updated the firmware already.

Tks' for your help and I really hope the On/Off effect button will be fixed ASAP.
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:04 AM - 3 February, 2014
Hey NightRiders,

Thanks for your patience. I understand your frustration with this issue occurring, however again, this issue is still to be addressed within the Serato DJ software. Once Again, I cannot give you a timeframe to when this will be addressed.

Cheers

Mak T
Night Riders 12:00 AM - 4 February, 2014
Mak,
Serato is pushing customers away from Itch by stoping developments on it; it's the minimum to offer an alternative solution that works. I can understand a glitch may need few weeks or even couple months to be fixed, but here we are talking about more than 1 year. I just found it very insulting to see how much Serato does not care at all about this.
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:06 AM - 5 February, 2014
Hi Night Riders,

Ultimately these issues will be fixed, its just a matter of time. Unfortunately Mak and i don't know when that will be. I totally understand being frustrated with waiting a long time. I'm sorry if you feel the unit is unusable.

We appreciate your support and if you have to find another option in the meantime. We hope that you still consider our software as an option when this has been fixed.

Matt P
8:01 AM, 26 Feb 2014
10:10 PM, 10 Jun 2014