DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Visualization Software

Dakine2332 6:01 PM - 21 December, 2008
I run a club that's looking to upgrade itself. All our DJ's use Serato on their own laptops. I need to find a program that will run visualizations onto 4 TVs like you get with WinAmp. The kicker is I need it to run on a seperate computer from the one that Serato runs off of. Meaning that I need to take a signal from the mixer board and run it into another computer that will create the visuals to the beat of the music. I could just buy a DVD with preexisting ones, but that gets repetitive and boring and only lasts less than two hours. Any help will be appreciated.
DVDjHardy 6:12 PM - 21 December, 2008
www.softwarevj.com - You can compare a lot of options.
DJMark 11:41 PM - 21 December, 2008
You can do that with Winamp, setting it up for "live" input, with a visualizer like MilkDrop. A low-latency soundcard and a decent graphics card are both helpful to getting good results. With the right configuration, you can also use it for recording DJ sets, and use the computer for playback in no-DJ times. Some custom-configuration (and adding Winamp plug-ins) will be needed, but it's nothing too difficult.

I've had one place set up with exactly that sort of system for over 5 years.
Dakine2332 1:06 AM - 22 December, 2008
I gues i dont know how to set up winamp for live input... Any help you can offer? Milkdrop is exactly what I wanted to use, so that works perfectly assuming i can setup winamp for live input
DJ_Eric 5:05 AM - 6 February, 2009
I am in the same boat as Dakine, more or less. I'm throwing a party where the DJs will be spinning vinyl and digital via Serato. We want to use a separate laptop to provide visuals to a projector through a mic/line in from the mixer of the main DJ setup. Only problem is we're all Mac users. Winamp and, by association, Milkdrop are PC only otherwise DJMark's solution would have been perfect. Anyone know if there is a similar program that I can implement on our Macs?
Marty Mcfly 1:28 PM - 6 February, 2009
is the mac intel? i spose you could bootcamp to windows if there arent any mac alternatives. parallels if you're desperate, but i cant imagine working too well in virtual environment.
Julls 1:32 PM - 6 February, 2009
Check out the Shadow Dancer series DVD's.
Convallaria 8:44 AM - 18 October, 2018
Guys, heard about the program AtomicusChart® atomicuschart.com This is a graphical .NET component, which enables to visualize big data in different projections and view modes with high productivity. Кто пользовался? Who used?
DJ Reflex 9:38 PM - 18 October, 2018
DiscoBrick for Mac is decent.