DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Trying to get better help me if you can!

KING JAMES 7:57 PM - 2 November, 2013
What's up I got a party coming up here in South Carolina. It's a Christmas party for an hospital. Of course I'm going to keep it clean but I'm trying to build a good crate with a variety of hits. This is going to be my first event I need to set the bar high any suggestion. Calling all Djs!use to say I'd never do this but after seeing how helpful you guys have been toward each other so I figured I'll give it a shot.
DJ GOOK 8:17 PM - 2 November, 2013
Run before the wolves come!
the_black_one 11:20 PM - 2 November, 2013
Ok lebron....

So u took on a gig and are asking what to play?

NM NH
 6 11:25 PM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:

Too late.

You have to learn to crawl before you walk/run, etc.

Find a qualified DJ in your area who can bail you out and HELP you at the actual gig. Pay him if you have to and don't fuck up next time.

nm
KING JAMES 4:04 AM - 3 November, 2013
Hold up I was just asking for some other suggestions. I ain't no rookie at the shit just wanted to bounce ideas off of some other Djs. I've help contracts with MWR and did serveral type of functions. Dj Gook pay another DJ ha ha ur funny. I know I may have not gave all the details to the story but trust and believe I would not set myself of for failure. Ok buddy
KING JAMES 4:14 AM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:

Lol I'm no rookie I understand I may have came off as one but no where near. I got my warm up, peaks, and close out mainly hip hop, reggae, Latin, and r&b. I should have clarified that I'm looking for the pop hits to make my joint a little more diverse. Cool thanks for the lesson got it.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:32 PM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:
I've help contracts with MWR and did serveral type of functions.
Quote:
This is going to be my first event I need to set the bar high any suggestion.

Dj-M.Bezzle 10:33 PM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Lol I'm no rookie I understand I may have came off as one but no where near. I got my warm up, peaks, and close out mainly hip hop, reggae, Latin, and r&b. I should have clarified that I'm looking for the pop hits to make my joint a little more diverse. Cool thanks for the lesson got it.

You need help finding pop?!
DJ Reflex 10:40 PM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:
You need help finding pop?!

Pop hits to make the joint a little more diverse...

Diversity how? Culturally, generationally, ethnically, demographically??? Throw in some 80's hits and you'll be fine. The 80's were all over the board musically.
DJDaveOtt 11:04 PM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:
This is going to be my first event

Quote:
I ain't no rookie

Umm...
 6 11:09 PM - 3 November, 2013
Seriously...

nm
the_black_one 11:15 PM - 3 November, 2013
Soooooo more important than the music your gonna play is what mask will you be sporting???

NM NH
DJ Remy USA 12:08 AM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
This is going to be my first event

Quote:
I ain't no rookie

Umm...

exactly
DJDaveOtt 12:17 AM - 4 November, 2013
Taken from: www.urbandictionary.com
Rookie: Somebody that just doing or trying something for the first time
 6 1:31 AM - 4 November, 2013
Shall we move this thread to the backfired threads. lol

nm
DJDaveOtt 1:42 AM - 4 November, 2013
the_black_one 2:23 AM - 4 November, 2013

I LOL for a good 5 minutes ....

NM NH
DJ GOOK 2:22 PM - 4 November, 2013
I think this is GrandMaster Jay lol
KING JAMES 4:45 PM - 4 November, 2013
Point well taken the black one and everyone else thanks for the bashing to the ones that provided good info thanks. My first event in South Carolina. I don't blame you guys for bashing me I didn't state all the details. After reading it I can see where you coming from. Overall I still think the forum it's helpful next time I post I'll make sure I post all the details. Until then I'll search before I post thanks. To the black one as harsh as you and your other buddies were I did get your point.

KJ
RobDJ dotcom 6:09 PM - 4 November, 2013
Okay. He's been blazed enough.
Do some Google searches on Top 40 over the last decade or so. Get all that.
Search best all time Christmas songs. Get all that.
Search best of 80's. Get all that.
All jokes aside: get "Dick in a box" off SNL. I honestly get requests for that at every Christmas party every year. Stupid I know.
Be sure to acquire a good arsenal of Christmas songs. New and old, serious and stupid.
Start building good communication with the party guests from the get go. Ask for requests. Play reasonable requests. The vibe is created. Build off that vibe.
Works for me year after year, office party after office party. Good luck.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:04 PM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:
Okay. He's been blazed enough.

Says who and under what authority?
RobDJ dotcom 9:09 PM - 4 November, 2013
Just my opinion Bez. May differ from yours.
DJDaveOtt 1:21 PM - 5 November, 2013
If you want to help him, go for it. Maybe you two can start working together....you can split those $400 weddings you do...smh
KING JAMES 9:31 PM - 5 November, 2013
Lol thanks
Dj Rehab 1:27 AM - 6 November, 2013
in 14 years of spinning Xmas parties, i've never played a Christmas song. That 70's and 80's funk, classic 80's rap(Bust A Move, etc..........the line dances and some top 40( the very most overplayed) will do fine. Similar to a wedding(a good one).
SpareChange 3:22 AM - 6 November, 2013
Dj R. Driver 5:19 AM - 6 November, 2013
lol this is too funny
LolYouReadThis 5:33 PM - 12 November, 2013

In for people bashing him to see this video.
DJ Remy USA 6:41 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:

then what do you need help with you know what your doing? Or is that not you in the vid
DJ Remix Detroit 12:55 AM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:

if dude is cuttin and juggling like that...there is no way in hell he would title a thread:
Quote:
Dj R. Driver 4:50 AM - 21 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

if dude is cuttin and juggling like that...there is no way in hell he would title a thread:
Quote:

ill battle him, not on the decks but with my beer gut lol. js, good shit if it really him