DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Buying A Rane Sixty-One on Craigslist...

DJ Stutta 6:34 PM - 30 October, 2013
I plan on purchasing a Rane Sixty-One on Craigslist...the pictures show new in box and claimed it still had warranty. So I had him email me the serial number in a pic. Called Rane and it is still under warranty for 2 years and was sold to a local DJ Supply store. I plan on checking the serial number upomn purchase and if it checks out I should be golden right?

Should I break my cardinal rule of never buying electronics on Craigslist? And is there anything else I should check out when buying? Im not to familiar with mixers since i've only owned a NS7 previous to this?

Thanks in advance for any help, im suppose to meet seller at a McDonalds at 6:00pm!
bicedidit 6:48 PM - 30 October, 2013
bring an ipod (with a 'Y adapter') with you and a pair of headphone so u can at least make sure the thing works. test both channels. good signal?=good sign.
DJ Stutta 7:04 PM - 30 October, 2013
How do I do this?
gfella 11:19 PM - 30 October, 2013
Quote:

Thanks in advance for any help, im suppose to meet seller at a McDonalds at 6:00pm!

Normally people go to McDonalds for food, not buying electronics.
Not really smart is it?
If you buy without testing the unit I hope for you it is in good condition.
Always test before buying.
bicedidit 5:24 PM - 31 October, 2013
respectfully, if your not even familiar with the equipment enough to test is out properly, you may be moving to fast, or at the very least, if your gonna buy used equipment, at least find a certified seller.
DJ Remix Detroit 12:29 PM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
im suppose to meet seller at a McDonalds at 6:00pm!

wreg.com