DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

My SL1 & the 62 what am I missing?

DJShon Larsson 3:46 PM - 19 October, 2013
After three weeks I finally found time to take my 62 out of the box and replace the 56S I've been using. The hook up to the 62 seemed pretty simple. Left & right deck inputs from the MK5's to the SL1 , Left & right deck outputs and Thru to analog inputs of the 62. Inputs set to PH, tables grounded and using USB A to the laptop.

DL the fresh SSL out the box, ASIO drivers DL fine, updated the SSL software to 2.5.0, checked the firmware of the 62 (v1.17) is current. Fired up the 62, PGM 1&2 both set to USB A. Went to load a track to test and the 62 loaded on SSL but with the platter running under the needle there is no signal on SSL-no waveform. I can scroll thru the library, choose and load but nothing is playing on SSL. I rechecked the RCA installations-started from scratch still nothing. Troubleshooting I noticed I didn't connect the USB from the SL1 to the laptop and connected. Same result. I disconnected the 62 from the laptop and SSL runs as with the 56S but the 62 has no function (since I disconnected).

If I don't connect the SL1 to the laptop, the 62 can load tracks but there is no activity from SSL. If I connect the SL1 to the laptop, SSL plays but the 62 is not connected it seems, and if I have both the SL1 and the 62 connected to the laptop the 62 again only scrolls and loads tracks. I've gone thru the manual, youtube, and these forums for any clue what I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated while I go over everything again. Thx.
Niro 3:56 PM - 19 October, 2013
I hope you are trolling. But if not and generally don't know. You don't need the SL1 box, plug the turntable directly into the mixer.
DJShon Larsson 4:32 PM - 19 October, 2013
Naw I don't troll. I've been with Serato & Rane for years and if you guys don't have me laughing I find info I can use. Yeah Niro I was just going to post I just found out with the 62 no SL box is needed. I couldn't find that info anywhere and happened to run across another post going thru google search. Thx for the response tho, now I can settle into this 62.
auttomattik 4:58 PM - 19 October, 2013
WOW........
djvtyme85 5:12 PM - 19 October, 2013
wtf
DJShon Larsson 5:14 PM - 19 October, 2013
Quote:
wtf

wtf...what?
Code:E 5:27 PM - 19 October, 2013
Sorry DJShon Everyone is just #facepalming hard well reading this.... We all assumed it to be common knowledge by now that all Rane Mixers with a USB port have the serato box built in. Thats why people buy them.
DJShon Larsson 5:33 PM - 19 October, 2013
Oh ok Code:E thats cool. The 56s I've been using is also by RANE but didn't have a USB port so not everything is common knowledge until you are familiar with it. Believe me I wouldn't have been wasting so much time trying to figure out what was going on or posted for a solution if I was aware of that. thx.
Code:E 5:36 PM - 19 October, 2013
Quote:
not everything is common knowledge until you are familiar with it.

Oh I know. Its just the 57 has been out for soooooo long. The concept of having the serato box built in has been out there for so long thats why its assumed to be common knowledge.
Quote:
Believe me I wouldn't have been wasting so much time trying to figure out what was going on or posted for a solution if I was aware of that. thx.

No problem. And I'm sure some of use don't come across as very nice, but really we are hear to help so if you have any more issues don't hesitate to post more.
DJShon Larsson 5:45 PM - 19 October, 2013
LOL, not concerned about the very nice doesn't faze me at all I can serve it just as well. I;m very familiar with this board and have been for quite some time. I don't post often unless I feel the need to I'm usually pretty busy but nothing here would discourage me from posting LOL.
Logisticalstyles 10:07 PM - 19 October, 2013
I'm more amazed by the fact that it took you 3 weeks to hook up your new mixer. That joint would have been connected immediately when I got home with it.
djnak 12:20 AM - 20 October, 2013
oh man did I LOL at this one...
DJShon Larsson 1:26 AM - 20 October, 2013
Quote:
I'm more amazed by the fact that it took you 3 weeks to hook up your new mixer. That joint would have been connected immediately when I got home with it.

Yeah well that's what can happen when you depend on a store owner to deliver and they don't. So a mgr at GC went the extra mile and found the Odyssey I needed (the only one actually) out of all the GC's and had it delivered from NY in 4 days rather than weight for a out of country delivery. Shyt happens, I got a good deal on it and now the 62 has a home it can fit in.
DJShon Larsson 1:27 AM - 20 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah well that's what can happen when you depend on a store owner to deliver and they don't. So a mgr at GC went the extra mile and found the Odyssey I needed (the only one actually) out of all the GC's and had it delivered from NY in 4 days rather than *wait for a out of country delivery. Shyt happens, I got a good deal on it and now the 62 has a home it can fit in.