DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato no longer works with Rane 57ttm are they gonna buy me a new mixer?

Kyd Wicked 10:23 AM - 18 October, 2013
I just bought my Rane 57ttm about a year ago. The warranty hasn't even expired and now I'm told Scratch Live will no longer work with the mixer that was specifically designed for it? So are you going to give me my money back? It's still in new condition!
Konix 12:08 PM - 18 October, 2013
You are slightly misinformed. The TTM-57 will continue to work with Scratch Live indefinitely, however, it will not work with the upcoming Serato DJ merge/transition.
Kyd Wicked 1:53 AM - 20 October, 2013
No I'm well informed... The newest version of Scratch Live 2.5.0 doesn't work with the 57. I have had several DJs having problems. Also Serato DJ merge is the next update. Also when Apple and windows does another update Scratch Live may not work. So in 6 months or less I'm fucked out of a $1K mixer.
djdannyd 5:29 AM - 20 October, 2013
^^You are still misinformed.
pdidy 3:36 AM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
^^You are still misinformed.

Make that 3 to 1, yes you are misinformed.

Can you provide proof and or documentation to support your claim ? This would make it easier to clear up any misunderstandings.
Kyd Wicked 3:52 AM - 21 October, 2013
Proof that the 57 doesn't work with Scratch 2.5.0? Yes! It doesn't work with my computer & 3 other DJs I work with. I had a DJ calling from across the country panicking b/c he was using a 57 with the new serato update. They had to find another mixer. Yes Scratch 2.4.3 will always work if I don't update. But when another OS update comes through Scratch may not work. If this wasn't an issue the President would not had posted a video on serato.com front page.
Kyd Wicked 3:54 AM - 21 October, 2013
Don't tell me I misunderstand anything! I understand that they are forcing us to spend more money.
pdidy 4:06 AM - 21 October, 2013
If you open a help request it would fix your issue or prove what what you're claiming is true.
I would recommend you open one so we can follow, hey maybe we were wrong ? Can't hurt...
pdidy 4:07 AM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
Don't tell me I misunderstand anything! I understand that they are forcing us to spend more money.

Wrong again sir....
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:22 PM - 21 October, 2013
Says its still compatible on here. -- serato.com

Check you aint doing anything wrong or raise a help request.

As far as Im aware only SDJ wont support 57, SL will.

You can always use older version in the meantime till they resolve your issue. Which they will ;)
Dj Nyce 6:36 PM - 21 October, 2013
serato forums is the gift that just keeps on giving
Rane, Support
RafaelM 7:19 PM - 21 October, 2013
Kyd Wicked: The TTM57SL is working with the 2.5 version. It will also continue to work with future versions of Scratch Live.

If you are having a problem getting it connected, start a new help thread or email me directly: Rafaelm@Rane. com

You can also Call Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm Pacific Time: 425 355 6000
pdidy 8:14 PM - 21 October, 2013
Hey maybe Rane an all of us are wrong and he's right ?

Naaaaaaa......lol
Culprit 11:58 PM - 22 October, 2013
my ttm57sl works perfect w/ serato scratch live 2.5
pdidy 3:33 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
my ttm57sl works perfect w/ serato scratch live 2.5

Wow, that's odd....lol
pdidy 3:34 AM - 23 October, 2013
^^ sarcasm.
Joshua Carl 5:02 PM - 23 October, 2013
checks...
double checks.

yup, my 57 works with SSL 2.5 beautifully.... and i didn't have to get angry with it.