Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Will Serato DJ have midi mappings for the DNS 3700

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Denon DJ MC2000
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
desidjmix1 5:34 AM - 18 October, 2013
Hello,

I was wonder if you will release Serato midi mapping for the dns 3700, so that it can be used with serato Dj. Currently i am using the dns 3700 in hybrid midi mode, and i was wondering if there is a update so that i can make the switch form SSL to Serato DJ. Please let me know as this would help many others.

Thanks
Serato, Support
Micah G. 1:56 AM - 22 October, 2013
Hey desidjmix1,

We don't currently have any plans to have the DNS3700 compatible with Serato DJ. This is something we may look into in future, but I can't promise that.

You could start a feature request for that here - serato.com

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers,
Micah
Jam-Master Jake 10:37 PM - 29 October, 2013
Seeing as how the noise map is the same from Scratch Live to DJ, I would think that Hybrid MIDI mode will continue to work in SDJ for the SC3700. Serato told us the same thing regarding the SC3900--no support was planned, but Denon announced on their forums that they were simply going to update the Hybrid MIDI Map file to allow you to run the 3900 in SDJ with no problems. I'd go sniff around on the Denon forums and see if they won't do the same for the 3700. I wouldn't hold my breath, but you never know. It's also possible you might simply be able to map the 3700 to SDJ yourself... If not, sounds like it's time to upgrade. :)

Good luck.
8:04 AM, 13 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.