Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DENON HC1000s

DJ JB-007 12:04 AM - 11 October, 2013
I see the DENON HC1000s as part of the accesories. Will it be compatible with Serato DJ ? (I see that the DICER is)
Kristian Valdini 7:02 AM - 11 October, 2013
*starts tracking*... not sure what it would add, trying to cut down on gear rather than add more, but lets see what comes up.

SX work flow is pretty much perfect for me right now :)

K
DJ Trice 11:15 AM - 11 October, 2013
Flag !
DJ JB-007 3:41 PM - 11 October, 2013
?????????
DJ Trice 9:54 AM - 14 October, 2013
"Flag" means that i want to track this discussion about the HC1000 for SDJ.
For me, he stills the best add-on usb controller to controll scratchlive. So it must be able to controll SDJ. And in fact, HC 1000 will be supported in SDJ. The note is somewhere one the forum :-)
DJ JB-007 7:04 PM - 14 October, 2013
Yes. I also hope so. I bought it when they first released it. I just got the Denon case for it also. I think it is a nicer controller than the Dicer.
alh61266 2:36 AM - 15 October, 2013
as an owner of 2 hcs1000s if damn well better work with serato dj. 1 is for my cdj rig and 1 for the 1200s rig. using the SL4.
DJ Matty Stiles 3:31 AM - 15 October, 2013
The new Pioneer thing is very similar looking. I hope they don't drop the denon support to boost pio sales!

Can I ask you guys, where are you placing them? I looked far and wide for a stand but I ended up making my own. I also purchased this: www.prlog.org
Kristian Valdini 5:27 AM - 15 October, 2013
To be fair, I'll prolly drop the Denon and grab the Pioneer unit for playing with my SL3... the workflow on the SX suits me perfectly so this will be the next step I guess.

RIP my loyal HCs-1000, you have served me faultlessly over the years!

K
DJ Trice 11:20 AM - 15 October, 2013
Quote:
The new Pioneer thing is very similar looking. I hope they don't drop the denon support to boost pio sales!

I'm really afraid about that and think that it's already true. The roadmap to support HC1000 is not yet, maybe end of 2014... i saw a note about support of HC1000 for SDJ but can't refind the link... :-/
DJ JB-007 7:50 PM - 16 October, 2013
Well, I got the Denon HD2500 (I love that player/controller - never failed me). I wish it would support SDJ but unfortunately it won't. So I'm thinking about the DDJ-SR from Pioneer.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:35 PM - 16 October, 2013
Hey DJ JB-007,

The DENON HC1000 is compatible with Serato DJ.
-- However you will have to custom midi map the features/parameters inside Serato DJ to the controller.

If you are having issues with this start a help thread in that section on our forum so the support crew can help you out! --> serato.com

DJ JB-007 12:35 AM - 17 October, 2013
Thank you
Serato, Support
Jamie W 12:36 AM - 17 October, 2013
No problem :)
DJ JB-007 12:36 AM - 17 October, 2013
By the way, is Serato DJ Intro here to stay ? What are the plans ?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 12:44 AM - 17 October, 2013
Serato DJ INTRO is a stripped down version of Serato DJ.
-- I have no information on its future developments at the moment, all of this stuff would be announced in our newsletter that gets emailed out monthly :)
DJ Matty Stiles 7:20 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Hey DJ JB-007,

The DENON HC1000 is compatible with Serato DJ.
-- However you will have to custom midi map the features/parameters inside Serato DJ to the controller.

If you are having issues with this start a help thread in that section on our forum so the support crew can help you out! --> serato.com

Hi Jamie, thanks for your response. Is there any chance of it becoming "native" like the dicers in any future releases?
DJ Trice 11:03 AM - 17 October, 2013
Hello Jamie W,

In fact we know that we can midi map HC1000.
When SDJ 1.5 was announced, i saw a roadmap who talk about native support of HC1000 on the site but i don't saw this note anymore.
Could you please post the link ? I remenber that it was suppose to be supported at the end of 2014. That information was reall strange... end of 2014...
DJ JB-007 4:35 PM - 17 October, 2013
If SDJ can be mappable, I wonder if any controller can be mapped to it.....?

Any thouughts on that ?
Dj MacMillz 4:47 PM - 17 October, 2013
Any midi device that's not natively controlled.... Of course certain things can't be mapped.
Mr Wilks 5:53 PM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Hello Jamie W,

In fact we know that we can midi map HC1000.
When SDJ 1.5 was announced, i saw a roadmap who talk about native support of HC1000 on the site but i don't saw this note anymore.
Could you please post the link ? I remenber that it was suppose to be supported at the end of 2014. That information was reall strange... end of 2014...

I read "Winter 2014" somewhere which is up to around the February launch of DJ for existing Rane hardware.

Officially they said it's coming for the full launch, but can't find where I seen it.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:43 PM - 17 October, 2013
Hey Guys,

In regards to it becoming natively supported. Yes we do plan to do this.
Here is the link to where you would have seen this info --> serato.com

"Which Scratch Live Accessories will be supported and when?
The CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-2000, Novation Dicers and Denon DN-HC1000S will be supported in a gradual roll out during Winter 2014. There are no plans at this stage to support other devices."

Thats all the information I have on this at the moment :)
Dj Murphy (Glasgow) 8:20 PM - 12 January, 2014
Is there any official news regarding support for the HC1000S on Serato DJ? I've used SSL for years and am happy to make the jump providing my hardware is all compatible, I tested the beta and had no issues except that my controller wasn't compatible (yet). I know official release date is Feb so is that the same for hardware compatibility? I was hoping someone on the forums had already hacked an .XML midi for us to use unofficially until release:(
DJ Trice 3:04 PM - 19 January, 2014
Hi DJ Murphy,

HC is supported by the last Beta version of SDJ. Go for it ! :-)
I've tested this week and have 2 bugs with both computer (PC & Mac) but one of my friend don't have theses issues

1> Instant double is not possible when i want to put the song on deck 1 to deck 2
2> When i pressed the FWD button, SDJ put a Hot Cue in the third position.

I have these two bugs on my mbp and my pc. If someone can tell me if you have the same. I will open a thread on the beta test forum if yes.

Thanks
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:46 PM - 19 January, 2014
Quote:
Hi DJ Murphy,

HC is supported by the last Beta version of SDJ. Go for it ! :-)
I've tested this week and have 2 bugs with both computer (PC & Mac) but one of my friend don't have theses issues

1> Instant double is not possible when i want to put the song on deck 1 to deck 2
2> When i pressed the FWD button, SDJ put a Hot Cue in the third position.

I have these two bugs on my mbp and my pc. If someone can tell me if you have the same. I will open a thread on the beta test forum if yes.

Thanks

Open a thread in the 1.6beta area!