Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

serato ddj sx and rane sl2

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Jackson Steel 6:10 PM - 9 October, 2013
hi wasn't sure what to list this under so sorry about that my question is:

with serato scratch live and serato dj becoming one will i be able to use my rane sl2 and my ddj sx together for example sx controlling decks 1 & 2 and my other inputs on channel 3 & 4.

ive had a look through the fourm but cant seem to find an answer if this will not be available in February during the beta would it then become available in the full launch

also if i upgrade my 1000 to 2000 nexus would i be able to use them in hid mode on 2 of the channels

thank you
:)
Serato, Support
Mak T 9:22 PM - 10 October, 2013
Hey Jackson,

Quote:
with serato scratch live and serato dj becoming one will i be able to use my rane sl2 and my ddj sx together for example sx controlling decks 1 & 2 and my other inputs on channel 3 & 4.

You will not be able to do this. If you wish to use your Rane SL2 with your DDJ-SX and route Turntables or CDJ's, it forces you to automatically forfeit your DDJ-SX as a standalone mixer to which you will need to use the Scratch Live software.

The DDJ-SX will allow you to plug in CDJ's or Turntables through its LINE/PHONO inputs, however you are restricted to playing 'analog' vinyl and CD's.

Cheers

Mak T
Jackson Steel 9:28 PM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:
Hey Jackson,

Quote:

You will not be able to do this. If you wish to use your Rane SL2 with your DDJ-SX and route Turntables or CDJ's, it forces you to automatically forfeit your DDJ-SX as a standalone mixer to which you will need to use the Scratch Live software.

The DDJ-SX will allow you to plug in CDJ's or Turntables through its LINE/PHONO inputs, however you are restricted to playing 'analog' vinyl and CD's.

Cheers

Mak T

damn that sucks will there be any chance of this happening in the future
Serato, Support
Mak T 5:29 AM - 20 October, 2013
Hey Jackson,

Quote:
damn that sucks will there be any chance of this happening in the future

There are no immediate plans to implement this at this point. I'm going to close this thread now, however If you have any more questions or issues, please don't hesitate to reopen this thread.

Cheers
8:00 AM, 3 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.