Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Numark NS6 won't connect to MB Air (Haswell)

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Bates C 4:08 PM - 4 October, 2013
I have a new Haswell MacBook Air...running 10.8.5.

As a few others have mentioned, it will not connect to the Numark NS6.... or rather, it shows up via the numark control panel in the OS, but the USB light flashes and and Serato DJ says no supported controller found. Done everything I can find so far... tried a USB 2.0 powered hub, reflashed the firmware to the controller, updated everything software-wise to the newest newest this and that. No change.

Also, I know everything on the Numark's side works because I can still hook it up to my Mac Pro TOWER and run ole' Serato Itch fine and dandy.

HELP ME SERATO-ONE-KENOBI. YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE.
Dj MacMillz 2:41 AM - 6 October, 2013
Honestly, I don't think a fix for that will arrive until the new Haswell MBPs are released (pretty soon) then tested and fixed. I don't think there are enough Djs using MBAs to make enough noise to even bother to work on that, when there are other pressing bugs to iron out.

This is all speculation of course

On the up side, this is October and Apple is slated to release the rest of the arsenal (MBPs, iPad 5th Gen, MacPro and Mavericks OS) maybe even some new iPods (equipped with touch ID) for the holidays
Serato, Support
Mak T 9:07 PM - 10 October, 2013
Hey Bates C,

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately the issue you are experiencing is a known one, to which it is linked back to the new chipsets within these new Macbook Air's. At this point, the issue is only affecting Numark controllers.

A fix for this issue is currently been worked on and we hope to have a resolution soon, however I cannot give you a timeframe to when this will ready for release.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers

Mak T
DJ Baedro 2:05 AM - 17 October, 2013
Hi,

When are you hoping to resolve this issue?

I have a gig on Friday and I just bought a macbook air on Tuesday for this specific gig...

Absolutely devastated that I wasted money on this computer and have to resort to another computer that I wanted to avoid.

Will you for sure be updating the software to work on the new macbook airs????

Thanks,
Peter
DJ Baedro 2:06 AM - 17 October, 2013
btw i'm using 2 numark v7's
Dj MacMillz 2:32 AM - 17 October, 2013
The issue as mentioned above seems to only be affecting Numark hardware, I would try to get a different controller or even a SSL set to borrow for that gig (if possible of course)
DJ Baedro 2:34 AM - 17 October, 2013
Yea i was thinking of that too...

I think I'm going to end up using my old HP...here goes nothing...thank God for CD's to play as a backup lol
DJ Baedro 2:36 AM - 17 October, 2013
The irony in buying an Apple product for stability and reliability and it totally backfires when you need it to come through the most. Unbelievable.
Dj MacMillz 2:40 AM - 17 October, 2013
Question: Why a MBA though? A refurb MBP (overnight/next day shipping) would/could have been better/cheaper (depending on specs)
DJ Baedro 2:46 AM - 17 October, 2013
Went back and forth between MBA and MBP...

Concluded it'd be best for my needs to sacrifice minor computing power to gain the battery life, portability, and SSD (as a standard option).
Dj MacMillz 2:48 AM - 17 October, 2013
What's the return policy from place of purchase?
altertainment 9:36 AM - 18 October, 2013
Quote:
The irony in buying an Apple product for stability and reliability and it totally backfires when you need it to come through the most. Unbelievable.

Quote:
Went back and forth between MBA and MBP...

Concluded it'd be best for my needs to sacrifice minor computing power to gain the battery life, portability, and SSD (as a standard option).

Exactly the same here... :/
Hope, Numark / serato will get this fixed soon.
8:04 AM, 13 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.