DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

WHY! would anyone buy a QSC K12 over a RCF HD12-A?

Joee 5:23 PM - 28 September, 2013
as some of you already know i'm BIG fan of ev speakers, and after this years dj expo i'm now also a BIG fan of RCF

so i've been looking at the RCF HD12-A as i want to get another pair if 12's---> www.rcf.it

i found this speaker B-Stock for $735 shipped & Brand New for $845 shipped, i gave this speaker a listen and it out preforms the QSC in every way possible, the only area where QSC wins is the mixer section

why would anyone chose the k12 over the hd12-a? there in the same price point! i guess if more stores stocked the rcf speaker maybe things would be different and we would see more guys using the rcf hd12-a, but i don't see that happening the lesser speaker will continue to dominate here

i assure you if you demo the two speakers side by side you will NOT go with qsc, you will pick the rcf, sorry if i piss off all the qsc fanboys but the hd12-a is a better speaker

qsc specs--> qsc.com
rcf specs---> www.rcf.it

on another not i got my eye on this bad boy right here,i'm just waiting to here it for myself $995 shipped---> www.rcf.it

again sorry if your a diehard qsc guy, i'm not i find they tend to get harsh when turned up, the rcf is clear not ear piercing
DJ GaFFle 5:31 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:

on another not i got my eye on this bad boy right here,i'm just waiting to here it for myself $995 shipped---> www.rcf.it

That's the one you want... so what if it's $150 more, if you save and choose it, you've got a permanently better, clearer and louder speaker than the $845 unit.
Joee 5:37 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

That's the one you want... so what if it's $150 more, if you save and choose it, you've got a permanently better, clearer and louder speaker than the $845 unit.

o i got my eye on it like i said, but i don't want to buy it before i here it the $150 extra is not a issue
JDforKing 5:51 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

o i got my eye on it like i said, but i don't want to buy it before i here it the $150 extra is not a issue

Joee how ofter do you play out? Do you actually use all these systems or are you a collector. lol I thought i was bad. I sell and buy speakers all the time but you definitely have me beat. lol I totally agree with you on the rcf hd though. I had a pair of 10s and use to have a pair of qsc k10s and i prefer the rcfs.
Joee 7:25 PM - 28 September, 2013
Joee how ofter do you play out? Do you actually use all these systems or are you a collector. lol I thought i was bad. I sell and buy speakers all the time but you definitely have me beat. lol I totally agree with you on the rcf hd though. I had a pair of 10s and use to have a pair of qsc k10s and i prefer the rcfs.

i don't have all the gear you think, i sold alot of my active and passive elx stuff along with my zxa1'a the zlx12 was just to test out, i'm left with zxa5/vrx & 312a/705as

i use it all, every piece has it's place in my systems, i will be buying a pair of 310's and another set of rcf 12's

i need the 310a for a small system two 310a's & one sub 705-as.....when i need a little more i'll use two 312a's & two sub 705-as's

and when i need a big system i'll use zxa5's/vrx918sp's

so you see i don't have all the speakers you think i do two systems at the moment & will get two more for a total of four, i don't think that alot
JDforKing 7:37 PM - 28 September, 2013
the 310s are great speakers. I like the look of the hd10s, but you can get 2 art 310s for almost the price of one rcf hd10a. I'm torn right now on getting a pair of dxr10s or a pair of art 310a. I really like the yamaha dxr series. I also like the sound of the rcfs and they are about $100 cheaper for each speaker. This isn't really a need, more of a want so i will take my time.
Joee 7:56 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
the 310s are great speakers. I like the look of the hd10s, but you can get 2 art 310s for almost the price of one rcf hd10a. I'm torn right now on getting a pair of dxr10s or a pair of art 310a. I really like the yamaha dxr series. I also like the sound of the rcfs and they are about $100 cheaper for each speaker. This isn't really a need, more of a want so i will take my time.

the horn on the rcf sound better IMHO
Code:E 8:55 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:

Parts availability, Repairability by local repair shops, the ever so small matter of proven sound quality ( not saying they are the best, but you know what you are getting which is good and better than most)

AS you said availability plays a huge roll. My local music store has price lists and can order me just about anything. But I buy what they have in stock for warranty reasons. Also if I buy 1 pair of K12's and the local rental company has 20 K12's in there rental pool, I will have no problem renting an extra pair of a larger gig. where if I had some brand nobody has ever seen before and have to rent more PA for a gig I would be incle to rent a whole new PA so I don't look so shotty.
Joee 9:00 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Parts availability, Repairability by local repair shops

this is true, but not a deal breaker for me RCF USA is located in new jersey in the event that you need repair
Code:E 9:03 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

this is true, but not a deal breaker for me RCF USA is located in new jersey in the event that you need repair

So you have a good reason. US based companies tend to have bad service to Canada. More worldly companies are a better bet for Canadians. just giving you a reason why i would never consider RCF products.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:26 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jersey STAND UP!
Rebelguy 3:35 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you have a good reason. US based companies tend to have bad service to Canada. More worldly companies are a better bet for Canadians. just giving you a reason why i would never consider RCF products.

RCF is based out of Italy.
the_black_one 4:07 PM - 29 September, 2013
RCF is legit...

NM NH
DJ DisGrace 6:48 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RCF is based out of Italy.

True, but their Canadian distributor is a small fries organization with weak service.
Joee 6:52 PM - 29 September, 2013
i don't know about canada, but i can tell you the RCF USA has the best after sales service i've ever seen
Quipsilon 9:55 AM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude ur from nj too ?
dj_soo 12:36 PM - 14 December, 2013
6 year warranty and local licensed dealers would be the reason for me - I'd have to go halfway across the country to find a licensed RCF dealer.
Quipsilon 2:45 PM - 14 December, 2013
Why doesn't anyone buy online !?? I buy EVERYTHING online, with insane savings, FULL warrranties, and perfect conditions in functionality and cosmetically..
dj_soo 3:09 PM - 14 December, 2013
if you buy something online that doesn't have a local dealer of service shop, you'll have to ship your shit out (often at your own cost) in order to get service. If there's a local licenced service centre or dealer, you can just drive it there.
DJ DisGrace 3:16 PM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
if you buy something online that doesn't have a local dealer of service shop, you'll have to ship your shit out (often at your own cost) in order to get service. If there's a local licenced service centre or dealer, you can just drive it there.

+1
If you buy from another country you can't get local warranty service.
If you buy from an unauthorized dealer you get NO warranty service.
JDforKing 3:31 PM - 14 December, 2013
i buy all my gear online. I've only had a couple of problems and the company paid for shipping if it was still within the warranty time.
Rebelguy 5:17 PM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
i buy all my gear online. I've only had a couple of problems and the company paid for shipping if it was still within the warranty time.

Which company was it? Even Rane, who has one of the best warranty programs in the business still requires you to pay to ship to them. I think most companies require you to pay for shipping to them if there is a problem.
Quipsilon 5:57 PM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1
If you buy from another country you can't get local warranty service.
If you buy from an unauthorized dealer you get NO warranty service.

This is true.. it is more convenient.. when you're on a budget like me that's limited since I'm so young you''re sort of forced to try online means because of the great savings.. I suppose if anything wron happens to my equipment I'll then begin to feel the bad waves of an online purchase
DjEuRi8 12:42 AM - 19 August, 2014
Has anyone heard both the rcf hd 12-a and the rcf hd 32-a, do you guys think it's worth to pay a little extra for the hd 32-a?
DJ GaFFle 12:52 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
Has anyone heard both the rcf hd 12-a and the rcf hd 32-a, do you guys think it's worth to pay a little extra for the hd 32-a?

YEs
pdidy 1:07 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
why would anyone chose the k12 over the hd12-a?

I see im late to the party but....

1. Proven reliability.
2. Superior mixer section.
Joee 7:25 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

YEs

i can say YES, as i bought the FD12-A and now want to sell to get the HD32-A

shop.chucklevins.com

spend the extra money you will be happy….

Quote:
Quote:

1. Proven reliability.

yes you are super late…….lol, but when has RCF not proven to be reliable? mixer well your right there

now sound wise the hd12 kills the k12
pdidy 8:58 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
now sound wise the hd12 kills the k12

yea i figured that was a given.

Quote:
i can say YES, as i bought the FD12-A and now want to sell to get the HD32-A

how would you describe the difference in output ?
pdidy 9:13 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
but when has RCF not proven to be reliable?

Rcf has a great track record but at a much lower quantity.

So what im saying is qsc's proven reliability is untouchable because nobody can compete with its high sales over many years while maintaining this status.
Joee 10:59 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
how would you describe the difference in output ?

i can't really say because i didn't listen to it a loud levels it was a moderate volume ,but a sweeter top end non the less ……enough to make me want it

i'm think along the lines that you were when you switch to vrx array

if i get 4 art 905-as…. i already own two and two hd32-a, i think it will make i sweet system for small or larger events i can scale it up or down as needed & can carry the entire system by myself

only question after that is….will i want the step it up with my 12" tops and get the art 722-a ,i will be looking at the art 745-a but not for this system i want to keep it 15" subs & 12" tops
Rebelguy 2:04 PM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
only question after that is….will i want the step it up with my 12" tops and get the art 722-a ,i will be looking at the art 745-a but not for this system i want to keep it 15" subs & 12" tops

My friend sold his Art 722-as to buy the HD32As.
Joee 2:13 PM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
My friend sold his Art 722-as to buy the HD32As.

they say that the hd line is in-between the art 3 & the art 7 series, the 7 series is more expensive than the d line

but someone selling the 722 too get the 32 make me think the d line is better

Rebelguy check your pm
Joee 2:25 PM - 19 August, 2014
kpo dj is showing the art 722-a for $400 more than the hd32-a

makes no sense that the better speaker is cheaper, but i'll take it
Code:E 11:52 PM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

1. Proven reliability.

3. commonality in the market place. If I own 2 of them and need an extra pair for a larger than normal function I can rent another pair of the exactly same speakers. I don't even do many mobile anymore and that a HUGE selling point for me and all the mobile guys I know.
Ruffrob 8:51 AM - 2 December, 2015
Bought a pair of RCF 310A's (First Generation) used from an equipment company who said they used them twice... They had four and I bought them one at a time over the space of a month.......That was four years ago and some many mobile gigs later....and they still kick major ass when used with my Yorkville sub........RCF is the S***
Ashutosh shinde 8:43 AM - 11 May, 2016
Want buy RCF speaker
pajtim 5:46 AM - 14 July, 2016
Hi everyone.I use rcf speakers from 15 years and they are truly outstanding speakers.Two weeks ago I bought a pair of rcf 745-A,what amazing speakers they are.The high frequency is so crisp and clear.The low frequency is like having a nice subwoofer.
benictrs 8:46 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
Hi everyone.I use rcf speakers from 15 years and they are truly outstanding speakers.Two weeks ago I bought a pair of rcf 745-A,what amazing speakers they are.The high frequency is so crisp and clear.The low frequency is like having a nice subwoofer.

Same here , i only use rcf for my mobile dj-ing busines and i could not be anny more happy with my coice . The ART 745A is a true killer , i confirm that , personaly i use it most of the time together with my two 8004as subs and it makes a realy nice sounding sistem .
pajtim 8:52 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Same here , i only use rcf for my mobile dj-ing busines and i could not be anny more happy with my coice . The ART 745A is a true killer , i confirm that , personaly i use it most of the time together with my two 8004as subs and it makes a realy nice sounding sistem .

That's nice mate.I use the rcf TTS18-A sub along with the rcf 745-A.For me the TTS18-A is beast.How does perform the rcf 8004-AS.I've heard good things about it.
benictrs 9:10 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's nice mate.I use the rcf TTS18-A sub along with the rcf 745-A.For me the TTS18-A is beast.How does perform the rcf 8004-AS.I've heard good things about it.

I love them . I own just a pair for the moment but i want to purchase another pair in the not so far future . Prehaps together with some hdl20 tops . I believe this would be a good direction to grow .
Pierre_de_Lux 11:56 PM - 23 September, 2016
Easy! I'm a RCF guy myself, got the 8003 subs and nx m12a tops and... im switching tok12 kw181... why? I need 4-6 tops and RCF in canada are out of price... hd-12a 1499$ LOL I can have k12 for 800$!! And distributor suck and service too! I can't find replacement parts nowhere and so on and so on... QSC 6 years warranty is perfect for rentals too!
Joee 12:06 AM - 24 September, 2016
Quote:
1499$ LOL I can have k12 for 800$!

damn, i get k12 for $600 & hd12's for a HOOOOLE lot less then $1,499

in your case i would also go k12, can you get yamahas out there? the dxs18 & dxr12 absolutely KILL the kw181 & k12
Pierre_de_Lux 12:11 AM - 24 September, 2016
yes I had the dxr10 but It was lacking of good subs to go with them! Now with the dxs18 it can be an option!
dj_soo 12:44 AM - 25 September, 2016
Quote:
Easy! I'm a RCF guy myself, got the 8003 subs and nx m12a tops and... im switching tok12 kw181... why? I need 4-6 tops and RCF in canada are out of price... hd-12a 1499$ LOL I can have k12 for 800$!! And distributor suck and service too! I can't find replacement parts nowhere and so on and so on... QSC 6 years warranty is perfect for rentals too!

where are you getting k12s for $800 in canada?
Ruffrob 6:05 PM - 10 June, 2018
Just bought a set of RCF HD - 12a..........Simply Amazing...during a segment of a party I did last night,they were BLASTING BUT they were below the half way mark on the speakers' volume...and were as CLEAN as could be. These are B Stock......but they got an A plus from me!! They were 479 a piece from Pro Audio Star In Brookyn...with the covers ,it came to just shy of $1,200
DJ Joe K 8:08 PM - 26 October, 2018
I'm looking into getting some 12" speakers for smaller events and am facing this dilemma. I like that the K12.2 have the auxiliary input for sure. Convenient for things like ceremony where I need to plug in a mic and laptop without wanting to setup my mixer.

I also don't get all the 12" speakers RCF has. Am I mistaken, about the models below? Which compares to the K12.2?
ART 3 SERIES
ART 7 SERIES
D LINE
4PRO SERIES

ART312-A - 800W - 128 db - 2.5" voice coil - $599
ART732-A - 1400W - 131 db - 1.4" Driver - $899
ART712-A - 1400W - 129 db - 1" Driver - $699
HD32-A - 1400W - 131 db - 2.5" voice coil - $999
HD12-A - 1400W - 130 db - 2.5" voice coil - $599
4Pro 2031-A - 1200W - 129 db - 1" Driver - $1299

I haven't heard anybody claim QSC sound better. It's just more expensive, and I don't understand the different models.