Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

No signal to the mixer on right output only

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
PumpkinHead 9:14 AM - 28 September, 2013
I played a gig last night, using my SL3 box and turntables. Everything was connected properly then maybe 30mins into the set, suddenly there is no signal going to the mixer on the RIGHT deck.
I checked the scopes and they showed the right deck to be playing normally - rings were nice and round. So I try internal mode but still nothing going to the mixer (LEDs not lighting). Then suddenly, it's working again. However 2 hours later the same happens again. This time though it doesn't start up again.
We switched the RCAs to see if maybe they were faulty, we even got out a CDJ, but still nothing. We tested ALL the channel on the mixer and they were working just fine.
Do you know what this problem could be?
Dj matty k 11:35 AM - 28 September, 2013
Could try a new USB cable they can cause a number of problems
DJ Tecniq 7:07 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
Could try a new USB cable they can cause a number of problems
cosign I had audio dropping out completely from my sl1. it looked as if the software kept d/c during normal play then coming back on. it turned out to be a bad usb cable. replaced and all is working fine
Dj matty k 9:23 PM - 28 September, 2013
Nice one glad you sorted it out
Serato, Support
Rui K 12:35 AM - 30 September, 2013
Hi PumpkinHead,

Thanks for get in touch with us. I hope Dj matty k's advice helped your issues out. Please let us know how it go with it.

Kind Regards
Rui
PumpkinHead 10:07 AM - 30 September, 2013
If it's a USB issue isn't there usually an orange light that pops up in SSL (at the top - I can't remember what it's called)?

Also, this issue happened again, and I wanted to add, the common denominator was my Dicers. It seems strange, but I was in shift mode trying to find an assigned function, then boom - signal gone. This time I took heed, unplugged the dicers and rebooted SSL (I didn't plug in the Dicers again that night, for fear it would happen again, and I didn't have any problems with SSL the rest of the night; which has me hesitant to believe that it may be my USB cable). I remembered the previous time that when the issue took place I'd been pressing the Dice buttons then lost the signal.

I wish I knew exactly the order that I pressed the buttons (all I know is that those functions were assigned to the DJ-FX), but is there any way that I could have mapped some sort of kill with my Dicer?
DJ Tecniq 9:05 PM - 30 September, 2013
Quote:
If it's a USB issue isn't there usually an orange light that pops up in SSL (at the top - I can't remember what it's called)?

Also, this issue happened again, and I wanted to add, the common denominator was my Dicers. It seems strange, but I was in shift mode trying to find an assigned function, then boom - signal gone. This time I took heed, unplugged the dicers and rebooted SSL (I didn't plug in the Dicers again that night, for fear it would happen again, and I didn't have any problems with SSL the rest of the night; which has me hesitant to believe that it may be my USB cable). I remembered the previous time that when the issue took place I'd been pressing the Dice buttons then lost the signal.

I wish I knew exactly the order that I pressed the buttons (all I know is that those functions were assigned to the DJ-FX), but is there any way that I could have mapped some sort of kill with my Dicer?
why not just buy another usb cable and test the two. They aren't expensive and you will need one for a backup anyways they will wear out eventually
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:00 AM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
why not just buy another usb cable and test the two. They aren't expensive and you will need one for a backup anyways they will wear out eventually

+1

Please let us know how it go.

Regards
Rui
PumpkinHead 5:14 AM - 1 October, 2013
I'll buy a new cable and see how that goes. I need to buy a new power cable anyway, so I might as well sort out the whole thing.

Thanks for your help guys, I hope this will be the fix.
PumpkinHead 7:29 PM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Please let us know how it go.

Regards
Rui

I bought new USB's for both my SL3 box and the Dicers and the issue happened again.
I managed to pay a little more attention to the issue this time, because I'm so wary of the issue, and it would seem that the issue happened when I did the following:
Loaded a track and pressed a Dice function at the same time

Could this somehow cause a breakage to the output?
Danny Aon 1:19 AM - 21 October, 2013
I had the same problem - running a cdj through my sl2 box and all of a sudden the right signal went out. Checked all the cables, and there was still the waveform showing on the screen, yet no sound to the mixer (right channel - the left was working fine)
Had to go to iPod and then reboot the program. Was fine after that.
Weird glitch i suppose.
PumpkinHead 7:07 PM - 21 October, 2013
Yes, it's a glitch. I thought the dicers were somehow involved, but I just think it's a random glitch.
PumpkinHead 10:40 AM - 28 October, 2013
The issue happened again, and this time it was on both channels. I'm certain it's related to the Dicers now, as it would seem that a couple of quick taps killed the output. Then in an attempt to unplug the Dicers it remained glitchy for a while.
I've bought new USB connections again today, just to be safe, but I'd really hope not to run into this problem again.