Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Help I have a big problem.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Guero 7:55 AM - 28 September, 2013
I was playing everything was fine then all of a sudden the music starting to slow down and cut out. The Gray tracking bar on the Right Deck doesnt go all the way across. It stops a little after passing half way and the music responds slow and cuts out sounds bad. Now on the left deck the Gray Tracking bar goes across but the music sounds distorted. Anybody know what the problem could be? I have to work tomorrow and the box is messed up. I believe I can get a backup for tomorrow but i need to get this fixed. I recently purchased this Box. I do plug in a power adaptor to this box as well. Both lights on the box light up blue and amber. However when i unplug the power adaptor cable the amber light still stays lit. Is this normal? Please if anybody knows anything let me know. I take extreme care of my box.

Thanks DJ Güero
8:41 AM, 28 Sep 2013
DJ Guero attached a file: 20130928_023135.jpg
View· Permalink
8:42 AM, 28 Sep 2013
DJ Guero attached a file: 20130928_023135.jpg
View· Permalink
8:42 AM, 28 Sep 2013
DJ Guero attached a file: 20130928_023205.jpg
View· Permalink
deejdave 8:55 AM - 28 September, 2013
Yes the light behavior is normal. Unfortunately I don't have access to the pictures you posted here as serato mods don't allow that but if you wait a week or two they MAY get back to you about that. What do you mean gray tracking bar?
DJ Guero 9:17 AM - 28 September, 2013
@deejdave the tracking bar is the bar that turns red when you scratch or have a bad connection. Its the signal indicator bar. If its normal it stays gray. Cant wait that long. I'll call them on Monday. Thanks for looking out though!
deejdave 9:25 AM - 28 September, 2013
Oh I got ya. What are you using as in TT's or CDJ's? I'm guessing turntables? from the sounds of it you are having pickup issues. You can try reseating the cartridge or even the stylus. It happens from not getting the full control tone for some reason or another. You can tell its NOT the box or USB cable by goint to INT mode and all will be fine.
DJ Guero 12:03 AM - 29 September, 2013
@deejdave im using 2 CDJ's 2000 ive switched audio cables and everything yet the same problem comes up with the Right Deck. Even when I put it in INT mode the right Deck plays slower than normal. Im thinking the box has an issue. Ive never had any Hardware problems with my SL-1 and I upgraded to the SL-2 recently and boom problem. If anyone else can confirm or tell me what I need to do I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Dj MacMillz 12:16 AM - 29 September, 2013
Make sure in the setup, it's set to LINE and not PHONO in the input selection.

Phono is for TT's, Line is for CDJ (I'm hoping this was already known)
DJ Guero 9:50 AM - 29 September, 2013
@Dj MacMillz yes i know bro. Ok everybody I figured out my problem. It was the end of the night and i guess i actually hit the 45 button. Thats why the tracking bar wouldn't go all the way across and the music slowed down and sounded bad. I appreciate everybody helping me out. Lesson Learned. Too Many Shots last night. I was freaking out...i take care of my shit if you know what i mean. The box is New. I connected my back up SL-1 box and it still had the same result. So I knew it had to be a software issue. Thanks Again!