DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HOT ASS mp3 Pool

tig ol' bitties 4:42 PM - 3 March, 2006
Everyone should check out www.myspace.com.

this dude used to run SMG. For 60 a month you can get some unreal mixes,edits, whatever. I believe he said the pool will send up to 250 mp3's a month. DEF DEF DEF worth the money, the edits they send are so hot its scary.

check it out and Nik39, no i do not work for him, jus want fellow DJ's to experience the hotness.

tig ol' bitties 4:42 PM - 3 March, 2006
my bad..www.myspace.com/shiftproductions
tig ol' bitties 4:43 PM - 3 March, 2006
my bad again, its pretty much a hip hop pool. I dont think they send house music at all.
RicecukeR 5:22 PM - 3 March, 2006
Im not down with myspace. Any other way I can contact them. And the site says it free for the time being? Is that right?
Sim 7:45 PM - 3 March, 2006
is it legit?
DJ GaFFle 7:56 PM - 3 March, 2006
...marker...
tig ol' bitties 8:18 PM - 3 March, 2006
MAD MAD MAD legit. Most of the stuff comes from record companies and there are alot of original edits they send out.

they jus sent out the last free one. I dont know if there is another way to get in contact with them other then myspace. If anyone is interested let me know and i will hook you up with his email once I get to a computer i can get onto my email wit.
tig ol' bitties 8:20 PM - 3 March, 2006
Quote:
...marker...

was that mean?
Niro 4:16 AM - 4 March, 2006
Shift is a cool cat, you can reach him at djshift916@gmail.com He is now part of Dynasty record pool. I believe for the $60, you get music from shift and Dynasty and all of the mp3's are at least 192.

S
nik39 7:55 PM - 5 March, 2006
What is "MAD MAD MAD legit"? Sorry, but thats sounds very strange.

I would like to see proofs that it is legit indeed (and now dont come with with some nik39 bla bla you bla bla shit).
DJ GaFFle 8:07 PM - 5 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
...marker...

was that mean?

I use it so I know where this link is later on (as a follow up).
dyvrs 8:36 PM - 5 March, 2006
I was looking into it he sent me a list of stuff he got last week. Most of it is south stuff.
DJ Shift 10:13 PM - 5 March, 2006
Yo yo, mad luv for everyone reppin Shift Productions like that. I got like 30 messages on myspace in 2 days off this. If anyone wants on the pool, just hit me up on myspace www.myspace.com , or my email djshift916@gmail.com ...

Shift Productions is an Editing team that puts out the sickest DJ Edits, Remixes, Breaks, and Blends FIRST. Over 250 songs a month all at 192-320 quality for only $60 a month. If u dont know how sick it is, ask some of the DJ's used to be on SMG...they know.-Shift (Shift Productions CEO/Dynasty Fam MP3 Pool Manager)
nik39 10:20 PM - 5 March, 2006
Can you comment in what way this pool is legit and legal?
RicecukeR 11:04 PM - 5 March, 2006
Damn bro $60 thats not reasonable. Thats more than my cell phone bill. $20-30 sounds much better. You will get more customers as well. Am I right?
Xoticon 11:08 PM - 5 March, 2006
NONE OF YOU DJS WILL PAY $60 FOR MP3S!!! JUST GO DOWNLOAD THEM FOR FREE.
djtk 11:20 PM - 5 March, 2006
yeah, when he told me 60 bucks i was instantly turned off. especially when he said his service was free to djs at this time in his myspace blog. also like nik said, how do we know if the mp3s are legit.
i'm not on radio much anymore, but fortunately i still get service from some labels, so no thanks man.
Xoticon 12:02 AM - 6 March, 2006
YOU CAN GET FREE MP3S OFF SMG. I THINK THEY STILL SEND OUT FREE STUFF, JUST EMAIL THEM AT STYLISTICMUSICGROUP@GMAIL.COM, I GOT A NEW TRACK A FEW DAYS AGO.
nik39 12:08 AM - 6 March, 2006
Dude, no need to shout. Read the forum rules (link upper right corner) how not to annoy people.
djtk 12:09 AM - 6 March, 2006
what bitrate are the tracks, and what kind of songs do they send?
DJ Evil One 12:40 AM - 6 March, 2006
i'd say $60 for the mp3s sounds like a good deal. the pool i'm in now is $50 but it's a PAIN to record records...i also don't get 250 records a month out of the pool either.
nik39 12:41 AM - 6 March, 2006
Hell, legit or not? $60 for a legit pool with 250 songs a month is a ok, but not for some tracks which I can dl from a p2p service for free which are illegal as well.
sixxx 12:49 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Hell, legit or not? $60 for a legit pool with 250 songs a month is a ok, but not for some tracks which I can dl from a p2p service for free which are illegal as well.

Agree. If I were in the market for a record pool, I rather get the ACTUAL records than an mp3. Of course, getting both and thus saving you the work would be best.
DJ Evil One 12:52 AM - 6 March, 2006
sixxx is right. i want my record collection to grow in proportion w/ my mp3 collection.
nik39 1:00 AM - 6 March, 2006
Sorry, after reading my words I find them being not clear enough.

What I wanted to say is:
$60 ok for legit/legal tracks.
$60 for non-legit/illegal tracks is dumb.

If I wanted illegal stuff I could dl them from p2p services for free. People here are interested in legal stuff. From where to get illegal stuff is obvious, and paying for illegal tracks... well, as said, pretty dumb.

And I agree with sixx. I am dreaming of buying records and getting the tracks digitally on CDs for free.
ilon 2:09 AM - 6 March, 2006
i was part of that pool.. i woudln't spend $60 unless you're a really really hiphop dj...

the pool i'm part of and am very happy with is www.promomusic.org - based out of Canada - you can get vinyl and 90% of the vinyl is on their FTP server as well. The FTP server is also filled with misc. extended remix service libraries (i.e. funky, wicked, x-mix.. etc), album archieves, overseas house compiliations, top40, pop, country... you name it lol

they service reggae, hiphop and house... good thing about these guys is you get what's released (well majority of what is) unlike a majority of pools that will have a set # of records you'll get a month. The downfall of it is if the industry is having a shitty month, u'll be having a shitty month as well lol

it's $120 cdn a month for vinyl and digital servicing... i think it's worht it =) been with them for over 2 years now.. very happy.

-ilon.
tig ol' bitties 2:16 AM - 6 March, 2006
Dont listen to Nik. i think everyone should realize that he is a cop.

if you want a hot mp3 pool for hip hop shift is the way to go. they send out shit NO pool HAS!!!! and it is legit
nik39 2:24 AM - 6 March, 2006
tities, congrats. *Now* you sound like a fanboy.

Where is the proof its legit? Just by stating it, doesnt make it true.

And in case you still havent understood, I am not a cop or persuading anyone of doing anything. Its just that besides of any morality it makes absolutely no sense to pay for illegal content (you can get illegal content for free). Thats why I am just asking about the legality, I am not saying it is illegal. But as you clearly state its "MAD MAD MAD legit" (how can something be more legit than legit? super legit? super duper legit? MAD super duper DEF legit?) I am just curious about how you come to that conclusion and even more curios about the proofs as you are promoting it here (no, I am not saying you are participating in the income of those guys).

Thats all I am asking for.

Just hope I am not a cop, else my RIAA friends will pay you and your websites a visit.
click 2:31 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
i was part of that pool.. i woudln't spend $60 unless you're a really really hiphop dj...

the pool i'm part of and am very happy with is www.promomusic.org - based out of Canada - you can get vinyl and 90% of the vinyl is on their FTP server as well. The FTP server is also filled with misc. extended remix service libraries (i.e. funky, wicked, x-mix.. etc), album archieves, overseas house compiliations, top40, pop, country... you name it lol

they service reggae, hiphop and house... good thing about these guys is you get what's released (well majority of what is) unlike a majority of pools that will have a set # of records you'll get a month. The downfall of it is if the industry is having a shitty month, u'll be having a shitty month as well lol

it's $120 cdn a month for vinyl and digital servicing... i think it's worht it =) been with them for over 2 years now.. very happy.

-ilon.

Did this brother just say 120 smackeroos??
click 2:33 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:

Just hope I am not a cop, else my RIAA friends will pay you and your websites a visit.

You mean an actual visit, or a virtual visit?
nik39 2:35 AM - 6 March, 2006
First virtual visit, collect evidences, lookup website owner details etc. resulting in a real life visit ;)
tig ol' bitties 2:36 AM - 6 March, 2006
Well i was in the pool for several months when it was free and they provided me with large amounts of the hottest remixes. What wasnt an original was being sent from record companies.
I didnt know ORIGINAL EDITS werent something that couldnt be sent out?? As in if i go make a remix right now using music I got from LEGAL sources, and decide to send it to you, are you tellin me that is illegal? Last time i checked it wasnt. If it was I guess Dj's wouldnt exist.

as for why I am reppin, money isnt a thing for me. I say I rep Serato at gigs becuz i love it. I want people to know about it. There are some things in life where money would need to be factor if i was asked or decided to rep something, lets say playtex femine pads, but for things that make my life better and less stressful, such as serato and a dope ass record pool, I will rep them until I dont enjoy them anymore.

Why Am i Promoting here?? Cuz its a music pool geared towards DJ's so hmmmmm.....should i post it on chessclubofamerica.com?
nik39 2:45 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Well i was in the pool for several months when it was free and they provided me with large amounts of the hottest remixes. What wasnt an original was being sent from record companies.

I dont get it. Did you get vinyls? Real (not CDR) CDs? If not, and you got your tracks by email, on what do you base your assumption that they are authorized by the labels to distribute the tracks to anyone and then for free (at that time)? W/o even asking for feedback.
I am still waiting for the "MAD MAD MAD legit"-imation. ;)

Quote:
As in if i go make a remix right now using music I got from LEGAL sources, and decide to send it to you, are you tellin me that is illegal?

I am not a lawyer, but let me ask.. Do you own the rights for publishing the lyrics? For using the original sounds? Do you pay royalities? Do you have a permission from the lables anyway to distribute those tracks? So technically it is indeed illegal, I assume. I am not talking about tracks you do edit for yourself.
click 2:48 AM - 6 March, 2006
can u imaging if they can seize you through the comp... they would control up your computer and a screen would pop up, and call you buy name and tell you u turn yourself in within 48 hours or they will come for you...
click 2:53 AM - 6 March, 2006
nik39, I thought you went to bed.. :(
tig ol' bitties 2:54 AM - 6 March, 2006
yo man,

why you always on peoples asses.

No i dont know about the labels authorization. I am not a lawyer I bunch numbers in a computer by day and try to become a decent DJ by night.

As far as your questions, i am confused. There dudes are somewhat pro i am assuming, so I am sure they take strides to ensure they are sending out legit shit. Why would they want to put there rep on the line jus to help out other djs? he is trying to promote the hell outta this pool so i assuming NO I DONT KNOW FOR A FACT they are running a legit business here.
as far as remixes they send out, which is 90% of the pool if they are using legal sources to create them, then why is it illEGAL TO send them?
nik39 2:54 AM - 6 March, 2006
Nah, I'm working (or at least trying to) on a french hiphop mixtape.
click 2:56 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
yo man,

Whew, I thought you were talking to me for a sec..
tig ol' bitties 3:04 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Nah, I'm working (or at least trying to) on a french hiphop mixtape.

are you in agreement with me or being fecious about this pool then?

if you are in agreement that'd be a first
RiceCube 3:04 AM - 6 March, 2006
TOB, you're not getting something here... Legit DJ remix services like Funkymix, X-mix, Ultimix, and others (Wicked Mix, Lethal Weapon, Top Secret, etc.) get permission from the labels to edit and distribute their music. You can't just take someone else's music, edit it and then sell it for a profit saying that it's your edit so you're entitled to the profit. When you purchase music, you have a license to use the music, not to copy it and sell it to someone else. I think Nik is basically trying to find out if these Shift record pool people actually have permission to be editing and selling the songs in their pool.

Logically speaking, there's no way that this record pool can be "legit." A single issue of Funkymix contains maybe about 8 songs or so right? And they sell them for $25. There's no way that this record pool could afford to pay for the rights to edit and distribute 250 songs a month and only charge $60 unless they have several hundreds of subscribers. Or maybe most of the songs come from unknown artists which in that case they could probably get the rights for free or a really small cost. If it's mainstream stuff though, it cannot be financially feasible at $60 per person.
tig ol' bitties 3:07 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
I think Nik is basically trying to find out if these Shift record pool people actually have permission to be editing and selling the songs in their pool.

i dont know man, fuck it, i wont join it then!! and ill stop talkin bout it..IM out!

tig ol' bitties 3:08 AM - 6 March, 2006
i emailed him and asked about the legality, if its legal then i want apologies if not then you can laugh at me.
nik39 3:10 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:

Dude, more harm than me, are people like you promoting false facts, half-truth and bla bla.

Quote:
There dudes are somewhat pro i am assuming, so I am sure they take strides to ensure they are sending out legit shit. Why would they want to put there rep on the line jus to help out other djs?

Lol. Are you serious? They are charging money. Could it be, that they are making profits? (Still not claiming they are illegal)

Quote:
NO I DONT KNOW FOR A FACT they are running a legit business here.

Okay, thanks. Why the hell are you pushing lies to others reading the board about "MAD MAD MAD legit"-imations? Makes no sense to me. If I am unsure about something, I state thet I do not know for sure.

Quote:
as far as remixes they send out, which is 90% of the pool if they are using legal sources to create them, then why is it illEGAL TO send them?

Okay, I edit the latest Nelly - Thrills in my Mills. I just extend the intro (not that he would release tracks which you cant mix...). Can I sell this tracks? No. Can I give them away for free? No. Am I allowed to distribute them? No. Why? Cause I dont own the rights. I might own the rights for the edit, but see below what a derivated work is.

An excerpt from the 10 myths of copyright laws:
Quote:
2) "If I don't charge for it, it's not a violation."
False. Whether you charge can affect the damages awarded in court, but that's main difference under the law. It's still a violation if you give it away -- and there can still be serious damages if you hurt the commercial value of the property. There is an exception for personal copying of music, which is not a violation, though courts seem to have said that doesn't include widescale anonymous personal copying as Napster. If the work has no commercial value, the violation is mostly technical and is unlikely to result in legal action. Fair use determinations (see below) do sometimes depend on the involvement of money.

Quote:
10) "They e-mailed me a copy, so I can post it."
To have a copy is not to have the copyright. All the E-mail you write is copyrighted. However, E-mail is not, unless previously agreed, secret. So you can certainly report on what E-mail you are sent, and reveal what it says. You can even quote parts of it to demonstrate. Frankly, somebody who sues over an ordinary message would almost surely get no damages, because the message has no commercial value, but if you want to stay strictly in the law, you should ask first. On the other hand, don't go nuts if somebody posts E-mail you sent them. If it was an ordinary non-secret personal letter of minimal commercial value with no copyright notice (like 99.9% of all E-mail), you probably won't get any damages if you sue them. Note as well that, the law aside, keeping private correspondence private is a courtesy one should usually honour.

Quote:
4. I don't need permission because I'm going to adapt the original work.

Copyright law grants copyright owners the exclusive right to control modifications of their works. If you add a new layer of copyrighted material to a previously existing work, you have created a derivative work. If done without permission of the copyright owner you, may have violated the owner's copyright.

(Taken from copylaw.com and www.templetons.com )

Quote:
I think Nik is basically trying to find out if these Shift record pool people actually have permission to be editing and selling the songs in their pool.

Ahhhh , thanks Rice! At least someone here in the thread understands what I am trying to do.
click 3:11 AM - 6 March, 2006
I must have dyslexia. This whole time I read Tig ol' bitties wrong..
tig ol' bitties 3:12 AM - 6 March, 2006
what you mean?
nik39 3:13 AM - 6 March, 2006
Haha :) You should shutdown your PC and... do some real life. Or change the website to www.scratch-my-playboy.com ;)
RiceCube 3:14 AM - 6 March, 2006
Homie, don't take things so personally...damn. A lot of people on this board are mainly just interested in the facts and you stated an opinion so they/we are just trying to figure out where your statement comes from. It'd be nice if DJ Shift could provide some information about the legality of their record pool. I would definitely be curious to hear about that.
tig ol' bitties 3:15 AM - 6 March, 2006
dude your the biggest sponge bob square pants i have ever met, online or in real life. Dont respond to anything I post no mo i dont like you, never have never will..
nik39 3:16 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Haha :) You should shutdown your PC and... do some real life. Or change the website to www.scratch-my-playboy.com ;)

That was for click, no need to get upset.
click 3:17 AM - 6 March, 2006
yeah, dude chill, no need to.... hey, wait a sec!!
tig ol' bitties 3:19 AM - 6 March, 2006
aint upset jus dont understand ish. Like life is hard enough without having to deal with things like this. And like I said once it is found out bout the legality of the site, it is innocent until proven gulity. So if it is legal, I want the first apology to be from you, im done wit this thread until then..peace
tig ol' bitties 3:20 AM - 6 March, 2006
not you click NIk..well maybe you to and rice and any1 else participating im my baked out debate right now.
RiceCube 3:22 AM - 6 March, 2006
There's nothing wrong with being wrong homie. You just have to stop being stubborn and admit to being incorrect when you're wrong. You'll never learn anything meaningful if you don't make mistakes.
Xoticon 3:22 AM - 6 March, 2006
you guys should email stylisticmusicgroup@gmail.com to get free mp3s. yes they are legit and serato ready!
nik39 3:22 AM - 6 March, 2006
Apologize for what? For asking? I never claimed it is illegal. You are the one who is jumping around and singing how DEF DEF DEF great and MAD MAD MAD legit this is.

And with the quotes I just wanted to you inform that copyright laws are not that easy. You cant distribute tracks which you have edited w/o permission, cause they are just derivated works and still need authorization.

Anyway, keep us informed. :-)
nik39 3:24 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being wrong homie. You just have to stop being stubborn and admit to being incorrect when you're wrong. You'll never learn anything meaningful if you don't make mistakes.

Word.

Whoever says he never makes mistakes is a liar.
tig ol' bitties 3:24 AM - 6 March, 2006
xoticon...please provide your insight on why it is legal please..and yo rice come on dude, for all we know YOU could be the wrong one. WTF! why am I wrong? you dont know that.
click 3:26 AM - 6 March, 2006
Whoever says mistakes are inevitable is a narrow thinker.

:)
tig ol' bitties 3:27 AM - 6 March, 2006
wow i should have payed more attention in philosophy i guess..bravo
Julls 3:29 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
TOB, you're not getting something here... Legit DJ remix services like Funkymix, X-mix, Ultimix, and others (Wicked Mix, Lethal Weapon, Top Secret, etc.) get permission from the labels to edit and distribute their music. You can't just take someone else's music, edit it and then sell it for a profit saying that it's your edit so you're entitled to the profit. When you purchase music, you have a license to use the music, not to copy it and sell it to someone else. I think Nik is basically trying to find out if these Shift record pool people actually have permission to be editing and selling the songs in their pool.

Logically speaking, there's no way that this record pool can be "legit." A single issue of Funkymix contains maybe about 8 songs or so right? And they sell them for $25. There's no way that this record pool could afford to pay for the rights to edit and distribute 250 songs a month and only charge $60 unless they have several hundreds of subscribers. Or maybe most of the songs come from unknown artists which in that case they could probably get the rights for free or a really small cost. If it's mainstream stuff though, it cannot be financially feasible at $60 per person.

Yeah man Funkymix puts out like anywhere from 8 to 10 songs per issue for $25. But the remixes kick ass and I think they are well worth the money!
nik39 3:31 AM - 6 March, 2006
( I hate funkymix... esp when they layer the same additional beats again and again over the original tracks. Sucks. )
tig ol' bitties 3:32 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
( I hate funkymix... esp when they layer the same additional beats again and again over the original tracks. Sucks. )

OH MY GOD!! what a surprise!!
Julls 3:35 AM - 6 March, 2006
tig ol' bitties beat me to it on that comment...
nik39 3:35 AM - 6 March, 2006
I would write "please elaborate", but I dont really care. There are other remixing service which do a good job, but Funky mix destroys the original beats. But thats just my personal opinion about it. It might serve other people preferences well, and it certainly does cause it is a successful service, no doubt.
nik39 3:36 AM - 6 March, 2006
Nah, you didnt get what I mean, not that they repeat the beat on the same song. But they use the same additional song for different tracks.
nik39 3:37 AM - 6 March, 2006
Uhm, sorry "But they use the same additional layered beat for different tracks". Funky mixes do sound all the same IMHO. (sixxx where are you!)
Julls 3:37 AM - 6 March, 2006
I understand what you are saying, but I'd say 75-80% of their remixes are tight.
Julls 3:39 AM - 6 March, 2006
I'm also a fan of Street Tracks, X-Mix Urban, Wicked Mix, and AV8. But the one I buy every issue of is Funkymix.
ilon 4:02 AM - 6 March, 2006
i say the old school extended mixes were tight when they were REMIXES not some hack job "wedding dj ready" shit some of the mixes are now... i must admit as much as i knock on them i do use some of them cause they're party enhancers, like the Christina Aguilera - Dirrty remixed by Mix Factor. why? cause after the 32beat intro it's Red Man screaming "EVERYBODY SAY LETS GET DIRTY.. LETS GET DIRTY" and it gets everyone going and then boom... "LADIES MOVE, GENTLE MEN MVE" and it just gets better... but when they layer some generic beat over a reggae song (drives me nuts) and just add dumb ass samples in the intro... imho, it sounds HORRIBLE... but back on topic...

the SMG pool is good for those who do a lot of really urban-ish shows - a good majority of the tracks are ones you'll never hear on your local top40 radio but some of the stuff is GOOD and a lot of is VERY advanced... a lot of it is local talent (Cali) as well..

so, if you wanna have those hiphop tracks no-one else does - sign up.

if you're a commercial top40 dj... not really worht the 60 imho.
sixxx 4:37 AM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Uhm, sorry "But they use the same additional layered beat for different tracks". Funky mixes do sound all the same IMHO. (sixxx where are you!)

Sorry, I was off HAVING A LIFE! Lol

Who wants to pay for a remix service?! Do yourself a favor and remix them yourself. Why? Because then YOU'LL BE ORIGINAL. You can do whatever you want to your music and make it sound tight. Of course, you can play Street Tracks, X-Mix Urban, Wicked Mix, and AV8's... and you'll be just another mofo who thinks is playing something original and sounds like everyone else.

Better yet, grab two pieces of vinyl and if you got the skill, remix it that way! I wanna see what you can really do LIVE on the spot!
sixxx 4:40 AM - 6 March, 2006
A good remix is (IMHO) perhaps a song with a new instrumental, added lyrics and such. Just cause you got some mofo yelling (usually a hype man like you're ACTUALLY LIVE!) in the background and 20 snippets layered into the song doesn't make it a remix.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:59 AM - 6 March, 2006
hmmmmm.
RiceCube 6:04 AM - 6 March, 2006
My opinion is that people should stop hating..,. It's funny...people just love to find stuff to hate. When all of this digital DJing stuff first emerged (FS), people were hating on the technology because it was "cheating" and wasn't "real" DJing. Traditional turntablists were eager to hate just because it wasn't what they were using. I think this is just another case of hating. Why are people on this board hating on something that makes DJing easier and more efficient? Make your own remixes eh? Well I had time to do my own edits/remixes and such when I was in college (meaning I didn't study too much...) but now that I have a day job where I work 80+ hours for a global financial services firm, I don't have time to be screwing around with music anymore. Plus I only DJ a handful of gigs per year so these DJ remix services come in real handy. Everything has a purpose, just might not be it for you.

Thought I'd just put that out there. Just cuz you don't like it doesn't mean that it isn't helpful for someone else. I personally agree with Nik in that I don't like a lot of the Funkymix remixes either cuz they add beats that they don't need to add...but they do have some ill remixes here and there. My fav is the Wayne Wonder "No Letting Go" Funkymix version. Better than the usual Lethal Weapon or Top Secret edits that I get (which I think are the best services). So get off your high horse people! Not everybody is a great DJ like you, or want to be as great as you. Some of us just do this for fun and it ain't anything serious =P <-- That's me sticking my tongue out at you! (P.S. If it isn't obvious already, this message isn't directed to anyone in particular...or at least anyone that I can think of off the top of my head. Just remember seeing lots of posts where people were putting others down.)
DJ Shift 6:40 AM - 6 March, 2006
Just read through a few of the comments

1. The music comes straight from the labels, and artists...It does cost us money to obtain these songs as quick as we do, but the main payment is feedback on priority songs which is required

2. Music is not being sent through SMG...Jonny is only sending to 16 elite djs he knows so no more music is free...The free ones he sends are only "advertisements" if u will for Shift Productions...a sample of whats in the pool

3. $60 is nothing for the music we put out since they are DJ EDITS, REMIX's, BREAKS, BLENDS, ACCAPELLAS, INSTRUMENTALS, AND ORIGINALS. (If you know another service that puts out 250 songs and that many types of media for djs wit 8 bar intros and all the remixes, let me know)

4. The music is posted on a site with a password for you to download on your own time...when you pay, you recieve your password for the month

5. Our edits are more of an easier way for djs to get edits for songs rather than paying $25 for 8 songs...it started as a free way for working DJ's to get the newest music as long as they left feedback, but now our company has grown so much, that now we have to find ways to pay for things in order to keep it all running.

6. When i say we have the music first, i mean it...we have a team across the world who's only job is to get the music from labels and artists first so that we can make edits on them and put them out the same day...thats right, the SAME DAY. The problem i always saw with other services was that u got tracks from them only after they have been playing on air for a few weeks...Shift Productions services the radios to play these songs...we get them before the radio does.

And finally...i cannot stress the fact that we are a unique service not because of our price, but because we get you DJ EDITS (8 bar intros), REMIXES, BREAKS, BLENDS, ACC'S, INSTR'S, AND ORIGINAL'S FIRST!!!

Hope i answered most everyones questions...if you have any questions about the pools, just ask me directly and i can answer them... djshift916@gmail.com -Shift (Shift Productions CEO/Dynasty Fam MP3 Pool Manager)
ilon 6:44 AM - 6 March, 2006
i dunno... i have many view points on these mixes..

the funkymixes (and others) are kinda cool but not really... like many have mentiioned there's a lot of shitty ones out there.. some are just horrible... i dunno from which service it's from, but there's this horrible version of King Of The Dancehall by Beenie I hear everwhere.. it's been edited so BAD orignal song is a beat off of their "remix beat" lol.. absolutely HORRIBLE.

i think it's all about the attitude - do u claim to be the sickets dj in the city and pretend ur doing these remixes live or are you a dj who finds them essential and a big help to his show (i.e. RiceCube) -

I guess you can use the "automatic v.s. standard transmission" analogy..
do you drive an automatic accepting the fact it's automatic and it is convenient cause you like to drink a coffee or yack on the phone behind the wheel

-or-

do you drive it pretending its 6spd sports car having the car in neautral on stops, letting it roll back on a hill then slamming it into "D" and going from D1 to D2 to D3 making it look like u got a standard car for whatever your reason may be?

--------

like i said, some of those mixes are definitly show enhancers and i do use a few... while a good majority of them just SUCK.

- my $0.20.
sixxx 6:50 AM - 6 March, 2006
I'm not hating on anyone. I just post my opinion just like others do here. If you find these remixes useful, then more power to you.
ilon 7:13 AM - 6 March, 2006
i think the reason why i hate on those mixes is that lazy club dj's get away with them putting on a "sick show" <- top40 crowd's perspectie while some dj's (i.e. my self and majority of the haters) go thru the trouble of buying the vinyl, lugging it around, practicing and etc. to get the results these guys get from lime wire or kazaa...
DJ Shift 7:35 AM - 6 March, 2006
Haha, this is to ilon and the other DJ's who feel the same way..i feel ya on that, and that is why Shift Productions is putting out a Vinyl Compilation series also. Shift Productions is not just an editing team or mp3 pool...its a service to and FOR DJ's....mad luv to everyone on here who helped push the pool and former SMG-Shift
ilon 9:02 AM - 6 March, 2006
well if Vinyl is part of the $60... it's worth it ;)

there have been some great hook ups with the SMG, but a lot of them were mostly for the underground urban djs imo --- maybe it's cause i'm in Canada? lmao
nik39 11:53 AM - 6 March, 2006
DJ Shift, I cant see no clear answer to the question whether you are allowed to distribute the tracks. Do you have a permission from the labels? Are the tracks we pay for legally bought and you do have the full rights to "sell" them to other djs?
RicecukeR 3:34 PM - 6 March, 2006
www.my12inch.com

New MP3 Pool way better than this crap. $10 Less too! =)
This started today!
tig ol' bitties 3:43 PM - 6 March, 2006
what makes this more legal then the one being discussed on here??
Revolutionary 4:11 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:

That's the most stupid post I've read in a while.
tig ol' bitties 4:16 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

That's the most stupid post I've read in a while.

well i think this is the stupid post i have read in a while..if you dont think NIK is the po-po of scratchlive.net you need to read thru some more threads my man.
tig ol' bitties 4:19 PM - 6 March, 2006
oh wait rev, i jus read your profile...you the police thats why you got his back, isnt it!!?
djbigboy 4:43 PM - 6 March, 2006
Shift is an up and comer, a cool cat. I am in the biz in the genreal area and they are working with the labels to promote the music. I would say LEGIT. There are so many options with mp3s right now tho, I find it hard to cough up cash for it. But, with Shift, you are getting edits (which some people can't do), instrumentals and some acapella. The negatives would be that if you aren't from the west coast, i don't think it would benefit you as much.
RicecukeR 4:54 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
www.my12inch.com

This started today!

This pool is absolutely legit because its run by a famous radio DJ down here in So cali. DJ Henry from power 106 to be exact. Find out for yourself.
Revolutionary 4:56 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
oh wait rev, i jus read your profile...you the police thats why you got his back, isnt it!!?

You wantna spend some time or come up with some greens, son? ;)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:10 PM - 6 March, 2006
to make a long story short, if it's legal...then post it here --> www.scratchlive.net
djransom 5:27 PM - 6 March, 2006
Hopefully my12inch.com will be up sometime today. I may check them out.
tig ol' bitties 6:19 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Shift is an up and comer, a cool cat. I am in the biz in the genreal area and they are working with the labels to promote the music. I would say LEGIT. There are so many options with mp3s right now tho, I find it hard to cough up cash for it. But, with Shift, you are getting edits (which some people can't do), instrumentals and some acapella. The negatives would be that if you aren't from the west coast, i don't think it would benefit you as much.

are you saying this becuz alot of the ish he sends out is west coast? i have gotten alot of mainstream type stuff from him, and honestly i like the west coast sound much better then east coast, only if everyone else did.
lil pete 7:11 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Just read through a few of the comments

1. The music comes straight from the labels, and artists...It does cost us money to obtain these songs as quick as we do, but the main payment is feedback on priority songs which is required

Bullshit! No record label will ever charge a pool to obtain music! It's against the law. You would have to pay an artist royalties, because you are selling their music! All they want is feedback and free promotion of the music.. ie. djs playing it in the club/radio.

Pool directors would charge a fee to be in a pool to cover costs... shipping vinyl, renting an office, making the weekly charts... or if you're an online pool... the bandwidth on the site, or general upkeep of the site.

There are many illegal mp3 pools, but the labels really don't care, because they are still getting their product promoted.

As for 250 records a month... I find that hard to beleive... unless you count all mixes (inst, acca, clean, dirty, etc) of one record. Which makes it more like 50...

Regardless, for that much music... $60 bucks is worth it, especially cause he must be eating some serious bandwidth. Even if it may be illegal. (Nic... you try to find all mixes and the accapella on a p2p network)
DJ Shift 8:26 PM - 6 March, 2006
I will say this kinda as final word for a while, if you have any questions on the pool, ask me directly on my email since i would be the one to know the answers for sure djshift916@gmail.com ....and to be real, a lot of the people posting believe its not worth it...maybe its not for you, but please dont ruin this opportunity for the people who do want to get new music fast in a mixable version with extras. For the people who rather get it somewhere else cheaper or do it themselves, big ups to you for being independent, but if you or some friends are interested in getting on a service thats putting our more than just mp3's and edits (only the people on the pool are aware of these additional opportunities), let me know-Shift (Shift Productions CEO/Dynasty Fam MP3 Pool manager)
djtk 8:27 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:

Bullshit! No record label will ever charge a pool to obtain music! It's against the law. You would have to pay an artist royalties, because you are selling their music! All they want is feedback and free promotion of the music.. ie. djs playing it in the club/radio.

Pool directors would charge a fee to be in a pool to cover costs... shipping vinyl, renting an office, making the weekly charts... or if you're an online pool... the bandwidth on the site, or general upkeep of the site.

There are many illegal mp3 pools, but the labels really don't care, because they are still getting their product promoted.

As for 250 records a month... I find that hard to beleive... unless you count all mixes (inst, acca, clean, dirty, etc) of one record. Which makes it more like 50...

Regardless, for that much music... $60 bucks is worth it, especially cause he must be eating some serious bandwidth. Even if it may be illegal. (Nic... you try to find all mixes and the accapella on a p2p network)

that's what i'm saying. labels don't charge for vinyl. the main purpose for vinyl is promo, just look on your record sleeves, they all say not for resale. so as far as mp3s go, its hard to determine whether they are actually legal or not once it goes down the ladder from label to record pool to dj.
tig ol' bitties 8:32 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
I will say this kinda as final word for a while, if you have any questions on the pool, ask me directly on my email since i would be the one to know the answers for sure djshift916@gmail.com ....and to be real, a lot of the people posting believe its not worth it...maybe its not for you, but please dont ruin this opportunity for the people who do want to get new music fast in a mixable version with extras. For the people who rather get it somewhere else cheaper or do it themselves, big ups to you for being independent, but if you or some friends are interested in getting on a service thats putting our more than just mp3's and edits (only the people on the pool are aware of these additional opportunities), let me know-Shift (Shift Productions CEO/Dynasty Fam MP3 Pool manager)

exactly...NIK39!!!!
djbigboy 8:51 PM - 6 March, 2006
As a legit record pool person, actual vinyl & cd's, we aren't charged for vinyl or cd's. They expect feedback in return. But we charge for the fact that a) we store the music b) pay rent c) make the phone calls to keep the vinyl coming.

When you are dealing with mp3s, like someone says above, you don't know where the mp3 is coming from, but the labels do put them out, and they do expect them to be passed along. Thats why the RIAA thing is a joke. They try to bust folks trying to make money with the mp3s, but the people leaking the mp3's in the first place are the record labels. So, its a tricky situation. I think for most of us, we want music we can use. If its an edit, its gotta be a useable edit, if its just the mp3, we want good sound quality...I think Shift is providing both. As with regular record pools or mp3 pools, you just gotta find the right fit for you, because what one person feels another doesn't, its just like music...
tig ol' bitties 8:54 PM - 6 March, 2006
Yo BigBOy I like your steeze. I hope that this answers some of the problems everyone has about me originally posting this pool in the first place.

NIk..with you, how are pools supposed to provide this info anyway? do you want them to send you signed papers or something showing they are the ones who are really giving these pools tracks?
nik39 9:56 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
exactly...NIK39!!!!

Titties, no offense, you seem to have a problem staying on point. How often do you want to call out my name? Candyman. Candyman. Jesus.
This line was very idiotic from you, simply quoting the half backed words and then adding "NIK39". *yawn*

Quote:
Yo BigBOy I like your steeze. I hope that this answers some of the problems everyone has about me originally posting this pool in the first place.

In the case you havent recognized, if the mentioned pool from you was so MAD MAD MAD legit, I would have expected some words about this from DJ Shift. He acted like a politician, many words spoken, almost nothing said, at least nothing on point. We still have no "official" statement whether its legal. The fact that he does NOT directly answer that questions appears like a sign.
So, it does NOT answer some of the problems about your post.

Quote:
NIk..with you, how are pools supposed to provide this info anyway? do you want them to send you signed papers or something showing they are the ones who are really giving these pools tracks?

Thats a good question. If you look at digiwaxx it looks (in your words) ULTRA MEGA DEF MAD legit. They give you contact label addresses, they dont give all versions, not all songs, so it looks like being real. Plus they are not making any money out of it. And... they do have a good system how to collect feedback.

Titties, really I am not trying to offend you, but some of the things you post simply dont make sense.
nik39 10:18 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
www.my12inch.com

This started today!

Hm, where do you have that info from? I can only see the "will be up 6th march" banner.
tig ol' bitties 10:48 PM - 6 March, 2006
yo Mods get this dude a #1 poster label please thanks :)

whatever dude, what pools can i get that are madd madd legit then?
RicecukeR 10:50 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
www.my12inch.com

This started today!

Hm, where do you have that info from? I can only see the "will be up 6th march" banner.

Hmmm weird I checked this site last night and it was up. Maybe too many hits? I dont know.
mister iLL 11:11 PM - 6 March, 2006
Quote:
to make a long story short, if it's legal...then post it here --> www.scratchlive.net

"to make a long [rhyme] short, i smoke weed, sip a 40 - yo, f%$k the quart"
tig ol' bitties 11:35 PM - 6 March, 2006
jyeah!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:43 PM - 6 March, 2006
Sim 11:54 PM - 6 March, 2006
to think, all I asked was if its legit lol
Detroitbootybass 12:18 AM - 7 March, 2006
Quote:
to think, all I asked was if its legit lol

...and the answer to your question is - No, it isn't legal.

;-)
DJ Shift 12:45 AM - 7 March, 2006
To answer the legality question straight up...IT IS LEGAL...we actually talk to artists and labels directly (email and conference calls) to get the songs along with permission to do specific projects with the music such as our MP3 Pool & Compilation Vinyl...we pay for how quick we get the music, not for something that labels distribute for free (complicated process that is our business's on business lol). And companys like Digiwax go througha slightly different process than us since we do more for the labels than just give feedback to them...we put on special promo events for them, press vinyl, and push their songs on radio through one of our many radio djs on Dynasty Fam, plus...companies like that put out songs about a month after we do because we have a more personal relationship with artists and labels to get the songs faster than anyone else...once again, i will say if you have any questions on things such as these, instead of posting a message stating what you think, hit me up and ask so you will know... djshift916@gmail.com ...wow it seems like i keep coming back to this forum, props to Rane for starting this..good resource for DJ's-Shift (Shift Productions CEO/Dynasty Fam MP3 Pool Manager)
tig ol' bitties 12:55 AM - 7 March, 2006
mods dont ban this dude, hes just clearing up a debate..
nik39 1:46 AM - 7 March, 2006
Thanks for the clarification Shift. The reason why I was asking in this thread (and not emailing you) is that your answer might also be interesting for others.

If you are doing serious business I am wondering why you guys dont have a professional website and a professional email address to hit you up, rather than using free gmail and myspace accounts. You should get an own dedicated website to give it a more professional touch.

I assume the record companies know that you sell the mp3s and you distribute them via eMail.. Still I am a bit cautious about this pool, but this is my personal feeling.

Anyway, good luck for the future.
Peeti-V 3:22 AM - 7 March, 2006
all i can say is that the music these guys put out are quality.....they are new and upcoming and that is why they may not have their website done but give it some time and i think a lot of people will see what they have in their bag of tricks
dj enrie 8:06 AM - 16 March, 2006
my12inch.com is 100% legit. full service from all the labels. new music is uploaded daily. alot of exlusives and all the versions (clean, dirty, instr) labels supply. check it out
F Sharp 8:35 AM - 16 March, 2006
For the DJ's that want to know if this is seriously legal or not, by the way it sounds, this is definitely not legal. I'm readin this dude's post and just cause you on a conference call or get an email from a rap promo person @ a label isn't permission to sell copyrighted work period. You don't have the licenses to distribute their music for free or for resale. You will prolly get away with this for a while but the legality is clear. Its just as clear as selling mixtapes. People still do it though...

With DigiWaxx and New Music Server, the labels pay them to get their records on there as a form of "independent promotion" because lots of mixshow and MD's use both of those services. Thats how that works.

Strictly Hits, Fat Wax, etc are given written permission by the record labels to make dj-edits of their music and to distribute it FOR PROMO USE ONLY AKA NO RESALE. Of course they press up the vinyl and sell it and thats illegal. Labels seem to turn their head the other way though cuz a lot of people seem to buy it and use it in their shows.

If Shift's company has written permission waiving the copyright then I apologize. Most Dj's aren't up on the copyright, licensing, publishing, and all the things that make up the business that we are in. Im lucky enought to have studied this and am now well-versed.

The reason I posted on here is because I will not see any legit (club/radio) dj's get cheated out of their money for this shit. If you are a serious club or radio dj you can register with our crew the bumsquaddjz @ www.bumsquaddjz.com and get dj-edits and new music for free and not for resale!

you wanna argue with me about this lets see some fuckin contracts...
nik39 10:30 AM - 16 March, 2006
Thanks for the insights, Sharp.

What about your contracts? Cause I heard about your website and I would have said 99% it is illegal as well, cause the last time I remember you didnt even need to register to download the tracks.

Can we see your contracts?
lil pete 2:22 PM - 16 March, 2006
By the way, in Canada, the record lables will never sign off on an MP3 Pool. They take piracy and the internet veeeeeeery seriously. Even if you receive a promo cd when you work at a major label, there is a watermark on it, and if it ends up in the wrong hands, they will know who it came from.

That being said;
There are digital pools in canada such as Musicab. The format is WMA... that way you can digitally encrypt the music so it can only be burned once. This was mainly for CD djs. For use with Serato, you can always rip it back to you pc and re-encode as mp3.
mister iLL 2:59 PM - 16 March, 2006
aw daaammn!! i thought my12" was legal; i registered and paid last night!!!
nik39 3:12 PM - 16 March, 2006
iLL, I think sharp was commenting on the pool shiftproductions pool, not my12inch.com .
Besides this, what makes my12inch.com suspicious is that the domain is registered to a PO Box. Usually if its a legit company you would expect a normal address (like digiwaxx has).
Dj Ryme 4:06 PM - 16 March, 2006
Anyone look through my12inch.com's list??? Looks ALOT like stuff I already have off of Digiwaxx and Hiphophits.........
djransom 4:12 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
Anyone look through my12inch.com's list??? Looks ALOT like stuff I already have off of Digiwaxx and Hiphophits.........

Pretty much. Nothing really stands out. Then you have a pay $1 a track for tracks from Digging In The Crates.
Rebelguy 8:21 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
and push their songs on radio through one of our many radio djs on Dynasty Fam,

Wouldn't this be considered payola then since you are stating that labels give you hook ups on stuff because your crew of radio DJs plays there stuff on the radio?
djransom 8:35 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
and push their songs on radio through one of our many radio djs on Dynasty Fam,

Wouldn't this be considered payola then since you are stating that labels give you hook ups on stuff because your crew of radio DJs plays there stuff on the radio?

Honestly, I've heard of this happening. It's a thank you for playing their joints.
F Sharp 8:49 PM - 16 March, 2006
i just checked out my12inch.com and it looks very similar to DigiWaxx which is good however my12inch charges djs unlike DigiWaxx and those services which are free...Labels pay DigiWaxx to get their music out not dj's pay digiwaxx for music.

My 12inch is the same service --- djs give feedback on the records but it seems my12inch charges dj's for their feedback?

its a well done site but the service looks suspicious. I guess if you dont want to pay for strictly hits or xmix and your a mobile dj or someone on the come up then you are forced to use one of these pools

if you are a radio/club dj like i said check out our crew's website www.bumsquaddjz.com we offer these for free and yes this is 100% legit. Using Shift's words, this is a service for dj's by dj's and its free none of this exclusive online record pool the labels dont know about that costs $$$. You just got to be a legit dj to join thats the thing.
F Sharp 8:54 PM - 16 March, 2006
For those interested in 2-3 months I will have my own remix service available that will be free to dj's and completely legit as all you will have to do is send feedback in order to download the song.

None of this shit will be necessary
nik39 8:54 PM - 16 March, 2006
Anyone could claim that their pool is legit. I know for sure either you didnt have to register or you had to register but no details have been asked to download tracks from bumsquad. What about the contracts you talked about?

I agree on the part that it sucks you have to give feedback on my12inch, cause you pay and after all you still gotta give feedback? I dont mind getting forced to give feedback on digiwaxx, cause its free. But $50 for giving feedback sucks.
djransom 8:55 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
i just checked out my12inch.com and it looks very similar to DigiWaxx which is good however my12inch charges djs unlike DigiWaxx and those services which are free...Labels pay DigiWaxx to get their music out not dj's pay digiwaxx for music.

My 12inch is the same service --- djs give feedback on the records but it seems my12inch charges dj's for their feedback?

its a well done site but the service looks suspicious. I guess if you dont want to pay for strictly hits or xmix and your a mobile dj or someone on the come up then you are forced to use one of these pools

if you are a radio/club dj like i said check out our crew's website www.bumsquaddjz.com we offer these for free and yes this is 100% legit. Using Shift's words, this is a service for dj's by dj's and its free none of this exclusive online record pool the labels dont know about that costs $$$. You just got to be a legit dj to join thats the thing.

I'm going to ride this month out, but after that I'll stick w/ Digiwaxx. Bumsquaddjz is cool as well as I got the chance to check them out this morning.
nik39 8:55 PM - 16 March, 2006
Ouch. I am deaf, after reading your site with all the caps ;)
Dj Ryme 8:58 PM - 16 March, 2006
Bumsquaddjz is cool I agree but no instrumentals! I dont expect them for the exclusive new stuff, but for the stuff thats been out, there should be instrumentals, but you cant complain for free! lol.
djransom 9:06 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
Bumsquaddjz is cool I agree but no instrumentals! I dont expect them for the exclusive new stuff, but for the stuff thats been out, there should be instrumentals, but you cant complain for free! lol.

I like the mixshow versions of tracks bumsquaddjz have though. I D/L'd some nice joints this morning that I needed.
F Sharp 9:08 PM - 16 March, 2006
Like I said digiwaxx has instrus but they dont put out records until a lot of djs already got the mp3 from the record label. We @ Bumsquaddjz put up the record as soon as we got it. We put up the Ms New Booty Rmx with Big Boi 3 days ago and u will see that next week it will appear on mixtapes and maybe even digiwaxx

if you are lookin for straight exclusives you aint gonna find em unless its from the a&r or the artist cuz who wants to give that shit up anyways. I mean some records are leaked to certain stations like 2-3 weeks before their official release and you can't get those until they are released unless u work @ the station
Dj Ryme 9:12 PM - 16 March, 2006
Word, good site either way F Sharp! I love exclusives, that E-40 and T Pain joint is FIRE!
djransom 9:58 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
Word, good site either way F Sharp! I love exclusives, that E-40 and T Pain joint is FIRE!

That joint is straight heat. "U & Dat" is the name of the joint for those that don't know. F Sharp, you are dead on because it can take a minute for Digiwaxx to get out some joints, but you can't really complain cuz it's free. Good info though F Sharp, very much appreciated.
djHSL 10:24 PM - 16 March, 2006
I get more depressed with each of these new services.

my12inch: 192kbps

bumsquaddjz: Tried two tracks ... 128kbps!!!!

This is shit.

When will one of these services get serious with the quality of their downloads?
nik39 10:26 PM - 16 March, 2006
You speak out of my heart.

BTW in the other thread a subscriber from my12inch said some (older) tracks are 128kbps as well. Dont understand how the f*ck they dare to charge for crap like this one complete whole freaking US dollar.
djransom 10:27 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
You speak out of my heart.

BTW in the other thread a subscriber from my12inch said some (older) tracks are 128kbps as well. Dont understand how the f*ck they dare to charge for crap like this one complete whole freaking US dollar.

Please don't remind me about that damn $1 for songs Nik. I was pissed when I saw that. $50 gone. You live and you learn.
nik39 10:30 PM - 16 March, 2006
Sorry, I just posted it to warn others. :)
Dj Ryme 10:34 PM - 16 March, 2006
What?? You pay $50 then you have to pay $1 for every song??? WEAKSAUCE!!
nik39 10:35 PM - 16 March, 2006
No no, its $1 additonaly for songs from their "backcatalogue".
nik39 10:35 PM - 16 March, 2006
...which is still a rip off.
Dj Ryme 10:36 PM - 16 March, 2006
Yeah, mos def still a rip off. How can they have a backcatalougue if they just started ths site??
hologram 12:52 AM - 17 March, 2006
Was that the real DJ enrie?
If so then I'll take his word on it. He used to be an asistsant record pool director for trax back int he 80s when I was in it.
djHSL 12:59 AM - 17 March, 2006
Provided I had the ability to preview tracks, I'd gladly pay up to USD3.00 for a high quality download ... preferably WAV/FLAC/APE/whatever, but highest quality MP3 also acceptable.

The way I look at it, a CD single costs me AUD5.00, which is around USD3.50, and I keep more than one track from a single.

I'm buying downloads for availability and convenience, not for a cheaper price. I'd be happier with a cheaper price, but the quality is more important than the price.
djHSL 1:06 AM - 17 March, 2006
Oops ... my previous post should have said that:

"... and I *rarely* keep more than one track from a single..."