DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato Dj Tutorial on Beat Matching

djMcClaren 3:51 AM - 24 September, 2013
I'm a noobie, getting in djing. I had bought the Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 with Serato Dj Intro. I also bought a Toshiba Laptop with 6 gb of memory and a 650 Hard Drive. I've practicing about three times a week. I'm beat matching by ear, on the other hand, beat matching dancehall music is no problem, when it comes to reggae, sometimes the beats just doesn't beat match correctly. Can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?

Is there a tutorial on beat matching with Serato Dj Intro? I tried Youtube several times, but cannot find anything on how to beat match with Mixtrack Pro 2 and Serato Dj Intro.

DjMcClaren
DEEJAY CARLSON 11:54 PM - 3 January, 2019
Nice one
Serato, Support
Matt P 3:36 AM - 4 January, 2019
Hey if you are looking for content like this you should check out some of the lessons on youtube - Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ TLM is a good source of info as well as Crossfade from England - www.youtube.com
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:55 PM - 4 January, 2019
start off with 4/4 timing and once you get that down you can try other 5/4
Donald Cassey 6:27 AM - 6 January, 2019
Hey there, I want to learn Beat Matching. I want to take the Beat Matching Tutorials.
djMcClaren 11:42 PM - 6 January, 2019
Thanks, I've learned how to beat match i.e bpm beats, phrases etc. It took a long time, but it can be learn and put into practice. I'm still a beginner.